BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JELLY
I googled all the sites looking for a blackberry jalapeno jelly, to NO avail; all I could find was everyone looking for this recipe. Well...I spent the weekend creating my own. Darn good, quick, and EASY! Goes great on crackers with cream cheese. Sweet with a warm bite! MMMM! I picked a bowl blackberries, put them through my juicer, then froze juice until I was ready. If you want burning hot, add one more pepper. ENJOY!
Provided by Gingerbreadgirlz
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix the pectin crystals with 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Stir the blackberry juice, pectin mixture, green jalapeno, and red jalapeno together in a saucepan; bring the mixture to a boil for 1 full minute. Add the 3 1/2 cups sugar and return to a rolling boil until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir while off heat to remove bubbles and foam for about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal jars in a hot water bath. Refrigerate jelly after seal is broken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.1 g, Sugar 11.1 g
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN
- In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, dissolve 1/4 cup of salt in the warm water. Add the vinegar, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, ice cubes and the pork. Brine for exactly 20 minutes. The pork becomes mealy if its brined longer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Blackberry Jalapeno Glaze.
- Remove the pork from the brine and pat dry. Rub the pork with the olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Add the pork tenderloin and cook for 6 minutes on each side, browning evenly and the internal temperature registers 135 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. At this point, evenly spread 1/4 cup of the glaze over the pork. Cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pork from heat to a cutting board and keep it warm tented with aluminum foil.
- Slice the pork, arrange the slices on a serving platter and serve with remaining warm glaze.
- Add the butter to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the jalapenos and garlic and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the blackberry preserves and 1 cup wine and combine well. Simmer until reduced by half. Add the cornstarch to the remaining 1/4 cup red wine in a small bowl and mix well. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more. Keep the glaze warm until serving.
BLUEBERRY JALAPENO JELLY
Savory and sweet with just a little heat, this jelly is prefect on just about anything. The recipe can be found here: http://lobsterandfishsticks.com/2009/06/12/blueberry-jalapeno-jelly/ I made two huge batches over the summer and gave it away for Christmas - it was a huge hit with everyone!
Provided by ChefMamaBlogger
Yield 6 half pint jars, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In one saucepan, combine the peppers, vinegar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 cup water. Cook on medium high for 20 minutes, then using a sieve, remove all the peppers from the liquid and set aside.
- In another saucepan, place blueberries, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup water and cook on medium high for 20 minutes, Strain with a cheesecloth or jelly bag.
- Combine both liquids into one of the pans, adding sugar/Splenda. Cook on medium low until the sugar dissolved. Skim any foam off of the surface.
- Bring mix to a boil and add 1 box pectin and bring to a rolling boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat, skim off any foam and ladle into sterilized jelly jars and place lids tightly on the jars.
- Boil in a hot water bath (with 1-2 inches of water over the lids) for 5 minutes.
- Set on counter to cool and to set. Listen for the lids to pop. They could pop anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours afterward.
- If they do not pop, they are not sealed and will need to be refrigerated and used immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 790.3, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 43.9, Carbohydrate 204.3, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 179.8, Protein 1.2
- Combine the green bell pepper and 12 jalapeno peppers in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped. This can be done in batches, if the peppers do not fit.
- Transfer the peppers to a large saucepan, and stir in the cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain the mixture through at least 2 layers of cheesecloth, and discard pulp. You should have about 1 cup of liquid.
- Return the liquid to the saucepan, and stir in the salt and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When the mixture comes to a rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down), boil for one minute, then stir in the liquid pectin.
- Stir in the remaining jalapeno peppers, and ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal jars in a hot water bath. Refrigerate jelly after seal is broken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.7 calories, Carbohydrate 27.5 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 1.1 mg, Sugar 27 g
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JAM RECIPES RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by lorik
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Fill water canner half way with water and bring to a simmer. Sterilize your jars and lids and keep them warm for when you fill to prevent the jars from breaking. Mix Sure Jell packet and 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Crush your black berries one layer at a time in a mixing bowl with the potato masher. You don't want to mash them so much it becomes think to where there isn't juice. Just enough to extract the juice. Place your cheese cloth (You will need 4 packages of cheese cloth or a roll of it. I found these in the automotive section in Wal-mart) in another bowl and pour the blackberries onto it. Tie up the corners (Or pull them up and twist them) and allow the juice to drip through into the bowl. (I use my glass 2 measuring cup) You can squeeze gently if you want to, but do not squeeze it so the berries get to compacted in the cheese cloth or it is hard for the juice to come through. This process can be tedious and take a while. Measure exactly 4 cups of juice and pour into a sauce pan. Note: you can rinse your cheese cloth out a few times and squeeze out excess water and reuse. You don't want to do this more than twice or you might get some of the fabric in the juice. Mix the black berry juice, pectin mixture, the red and green jalapeno, and butter into your sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil on high heat that doesn't stop boiling when you stir it. Stir in remaining sugar and return to a boil. Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim off any foam in the pan. To make sure that the jelly is of the right consistency, place a small saucer in the freezer. Remove, once cold, and put a small amount of jelly on the plate. Run your finger or spoon through it and if it doesn't flow back into the other liquid then your set! Fill jars up to 1/4 inch from the rim. Wipe off the brims of the jars and place the lids and rings on the jars. Put the jars on the rack in your water canner and lower into the water. Process for 5 minutes. Remove the jars from the water and let cool on a towel. Once the jars are cool, gently press on the lids to make sure they don't pop back. If they do they aren't sealed. Variation: Mix the pectin and cornstarch with 1 cup of sugar in a bowl. Stir the blackberries, pectin mixture and peppers in a saucepan. Bring to boil for 1 full minute. Add the 7 cups sugar and return to a rolling boil until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 1-3 minutes Remove from heat. Ladle into sterile jars and seal them in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
DOUBLE-BERRY JALAPENO JAM
My friend and I had tried a fruity jam with jalapenos at a local vineyard and this is the version I created. I like this spread on crackers with cream cheese, on hamburgers or even on grilled cheese. For extra heat, add the seeds of a few jalapenos to the jam. -Lisa Keim, Watertown, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 half-pints.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large saucepan, combine jalapenos, strawberries and blackberries. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. , Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into 8 hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight., Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
This is the recipe I have been using for year. It comes from the Sure-jell pectin package. Here is how I do mine.
Provided by Kathy in Fla
Yield 6-8 half pints
Number Of Ingredients 6
- FOR JUICE: Lightly mash berries and cook in water on top of stove for about 20 mins over medium/med high heat.
- FOR JELLY: Strain berries through cheesecloth, wire mesh strainer or sieve. SAVE JUICE! Discard berries and seeds.
- Measure sugar exactly. (do not reduce or use sugar substitute) Set aside.
- Measure juice exactly. Place juice and pectin in a 6 to 8 quart sauce pot. Add butter now (if using) to reduce foaming.
- Bring mixture to FULL ROLLING BOIL (a boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, STIRRING CONSTANTLY!
- Stir in all of sugar. Return to rolling boil and boil exactly one minute, Stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Quickly ladle into prepared jars, within 1/8 inch of top. Wipe jar rims and threads with damp cloth. Cover with two piece lids. Screw on tightly.
- Process in a hot water bath for 5 mins or use the inversion method.
- NOTE: All instructions are included with pectin.
- Save any left over juice for a second batch! Can add up to 1/2 cup of water to juice if needed to make exact measurement.
- Have fun and enjoy!
SURE.JELL BLACKBERRY JAM
Make this incredible SURE -JELL Blackberry Jam and preserve the bounty of the summer season to enjoy in later months. The best part about this SURE.JELL Blackberry Jam is you can also use it to make Boysenberry or dewberry jam!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield about 9 (1-cup) jars or 144 servings, 1 Tbsp. each
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
- Crush berries thoroughly, one layer at a time. (Press half the pulp through fine mesh strainer to remove some of the seeds, if desired.) Measure exactly 5 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-qt. saucepot.
- Stir pectin into prepared fruit in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar; stir. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 min. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lids with finger. (If lids spring back, lids are not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
More about "blackberry jalapeno jelly recipes"
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY - SOUTHERN MADE SIMPLE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Thoroughly wash mason or canning jars and lids and allow to heat in oven or in hot water inside a large canning pot
- Remove stems and seeds from jalapenos. (I recommend wearing latex gloves while handling hot peppers)
- In a small blender or food processor, blend 2 cups blackberries and 2 Tbs lemon juice until it creates a very thick pulp
BLACKBERRY - JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY - MOMMY'S KITCHEN
Servings 3-4Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
BLUEBERRY JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - DEPORECIPE.CO
BLUEBERRY JALAPENO JAM RECIPE > CALL ME PMC
JALAPEñO DRIP JAM RECIPE - MAGNOLIA
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JAM RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JELLY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JELLY - FOOD GARDENING NETWORK
EXTREME - BLACKBERRY / HABANERO / JALAPENO JELLY - INSTRUCTABLES
HOW TO MAKE (AND CAN) BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JAM - CITY GIRL …
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JELLY | RECIPE | JALAPENO JELLY, JELLY …
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JAM RECIPE WITH FRESH PEPPERS
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY | PRESERVING THE GOOD LIFE
JALAPENO BLUEBERRY JAM - THE PRODUCE MOMS
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JELLY | RECIPESTY
JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE | CONFESSIONS OF AN OVERWORKED MOM
BLACKBERRY JAM RECIPE WITHOUT PECTIN - PRACTICAL SELF RELIANCE
33 HOMEMADE JAM RECIPES FROM STRAWBERRY TO GRAPE
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JAM CANNING RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JAM RECIPE WITH FRESH PEPPERS
10 BEST JALAPENO JELLY FRUIT RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JELLY - JAMS AND JELLIES RECIPES
40 HOMEMADE JELLY AND JAM RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
COOKING AND CANNING BLACKBERRY JELLY – OLD-FASHIONED GOODNESS
HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BLACKBERRY SYRUP CANNING RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RECIPE FOR BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JAM - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BLACKBERRY JAM RECIPE | NO PECTIN ADDED! - GLOBAL BAKES
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JELLY | RECIPE | JALAPENO JELLY, JELLY RECIPES ...
HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BLACKBERRY JALAPEñO GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - THE OVEN LIGHT
BLACKBERRY JALAPENO JAM RECIPES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SEEDLESS BLACKBERRY JELLY RECIPE - SBCANNING.COM - HOMEMADE …
THE BEST JALAPEñO PEPPER JELLY - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
BLACKBERRY JAM VARIATIONS - FARM BELL RECIPES
BLACKBERRY JELLY RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
You'll also love