This is a hearty, filling, cold-weather soup that makes a meal served with a crusty bread and light salad. The soup is just not the same if the brats are not grilled.
Provided by Barry Heuser
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill bratwursts until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Cool. Slice each bratwurst into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion, carrots, and celery in hot oil until onions are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir garlic into onion mixture and cook until garlic is fragrant, 1 minute.
- Stir chicken broth, tomatoes, sliced bratwurst, basil, parsley, thyme, and cayenne pepper into onion mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix potatoes into bratwurst mixture, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are almost cooked through, 15 minutes.
- Stir beans and spinach into pot; simmer until heated through and potatoes are done, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.6 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 12.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 1347.1 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
BRATWURST AND VEGETABLE SOUP
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook and stir caraway seed 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat until toasted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; increase heat to high. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 8 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving (About 1 1/3 Cups), Sodium 1560 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 0 g
I came up with this recipe one day when I had some leftover bratwurst. It has been a favorite of my husband's ever since and is requested whenever the guys are hanging out. -Anna Miller, Churdan, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble bratwurst with onion and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. , Stir in beans, jalapeno, pepper and broth; bring to a boil. Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in remaining milk. Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468 calories, Fat 25g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 1322mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
BRATWURST POTATO SOUP
My husband, Frank, a former Army cook, adapted this nourishing chowder from my mother's homemade potato soup. We've created recipes as a team for over 50 years. Our motto is, "The couple who cooks together, stays together."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the bratwurst, potatoes, water, onion, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cabbage. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender., Stir in 2-1/2 cups milk. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 calories, Fat 19g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 567mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 13g protein.
This is a very flavorful, and hearty soup. It is great comfort food for those really cold nights. I made this for a Lent Soup/Salad dinner - literally making it up as I went a long. It was a HUGE success and everyone wanted to know exactly what I threw into the pot.
Provided by itscolleen
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 25 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large sauce pan heat oil. Slice up bratwurst and brown in pan, add onions, green peppers, oregano, basil, and fresh ground black pepper.
- When it becomes very fragrant add chicken broth and salsa. Fill salsa jar with water and add to pot. Add in all beans, tomato, and jar of sauce. Fill jar with water and add to pot. (You need lots of water before you add the pasta.) Empty package of chilli seasoning (or about 8 TB of chilli seasonings.).
- Bring to a rapid boil. Add box of spiral pasta (can be substituted with any large pasta like shells, bowties, or ziti.)Boil and Stir for about 5 minutes until pasta is tender. Most of the water will cook down and make the soup very hearty.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.7, Fat 33.7, SaturatedFat 11.3, Cholesterol 81, Sodium 1270.1, Carbohydrate 29.1, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 3.1, Protein 21.9
BRATS AND BEANS SOUP
Browned and crumbled bratwurst and navy beans come together in a cheesy, cream-based soup that's perfect for cold fall and winter days. Carrots and spinach add color and additional nutritional value. Pair it with corn muffins and a beer or cider!
Provided by Heather Savage
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Remove and discard bratwurst casings. Cook bratwurst, carrots, and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until bratwurst is browned and crumbly, about 7 minutes. Add cooked navy beans, chicken broth, and jalapenos; bring to a boil.
- Whisk 1/2 cup milk with flour; add to soup and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat. Add remaining 1 cup milk and shredded Cheddar cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.1 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Cholesterol 87.5 mg, Fat 34 g, Fiber 9.3 g, Protein 27.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.9 g, Sodium 1548.7 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
More about "bratwurst and vegetable soup recipes"
HEARTY SOUP WITH BRATWURST AND VEGETABLES - NIMAN …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
VEGETABLE SOUP WITH BRATWURST RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
BRATWURST AND VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
Servings 5Total Time 35 minsCategory Appetizer
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SOUP - TASTES LOVELY
BRATWURST AND VEGETABLE SOUP | BRATWURST, RECIPES, DIY FOOD RECIPES
BRATWURST SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CREAMY SAUSAGE & VEGETABLE POTATO SOUP - DIVAS CAN COOK
SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
VEGETABLE SOUP WITH BRATWURST : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SIMPLE BRATWURST SOUP • SALT & LAVENDER
10 BEST BRATWURST SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SMOKED SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SOUP - COOKING CLASSY
SLOW-COOKER BRAT AND SAUERKRAUT SOUP - MIDWEST LIVING
21 SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SLOW COOKER RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
BRATWURST AND POTATO SOUP ⋆ TWO LUCKY SPOONS
BRATWURST AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
SIMPLE AND HEARTY BRATWURST SOUP MAKES A COZY MEAL
BRATWURST AND BEER SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
LEFTOVER BRATWURST SOUP – EXTRAORDINARY BBQ
BRATWURST AND VEGETABLE SOUP | RECIPE | BRATWURST, VEGETABLE SOUP ...
GERMAN POTATO SOUP (KARTOFFELSUPPE) WITH BRATWURST
BRATWURST SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BRATWURST VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SOUP - CREME DE LA CRUMB
SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SOUP • SALT & LAVENDER
BRATWURST AND VEGETABLE SOUP | RECIPE | VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES ...
BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT SOUP ⋆ DEB'S DAILY DISH
SOUP RECIPES USING BRATWURST - THERESCIPES.INFO
BRATWURST CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
CHEESY BRATWURST SOUP RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SOUP WITH SAUSAGE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUERKRAUT, BRATWURST AND POTATO SOUP - AN AFFAIR FROM THE HEART
SAVORY SAUSAGE VEGETABLE SOUP - JOHNSONVILLE.COM
SHEET PAN DINNER WITH BRATWURST AND ROASTED VEGETABLES
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
BRATWURST & VEGETABLE SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
BRATWURST AND CABBAGE SOUP - TOWN & COUNTRY MARKETS
BRATWURST WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES - COUNTRY AT HEART RECIPES
SAUERKRAUT AND BRATWURST SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
BRATWURST, POTATO AND CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE BY MARBALET
HEARTY BRATS SOUP (WITH PASTA AND BEANS) WHERE IS MY SPOON
You'll also love