HOMEMADE BREAKFAST TARTS
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 8 tarts
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the crust: In a large bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar and salt. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter into the flour until it resembles tiny pebbles. Lightly beat the egg and add to the mixture. Next, add the cold water and vinegar. Stir until the dough just comes together but is still crumbly, using more water if necessary. Form the dough into a disc and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment.
- On a floured surface, roll half of the dough out into a large rectangle, 12 inches by 16 inches. Cut the long side into 4-by-4-inch wide strips. Cut each strip in half across the middle, making 8 equally sized rectangles (4-by-6-inch).
- For the filling: Put 2 tablespoons of the jam into the center of four of the cut rectangles. With a pastry brush, brush egg wash around the edges. Place the remaining rectangle over the jam, crimping the edges with a fork to seal. Press lightly on the top to help distribute the jam evenly. Transfer to the prepared sheet pan. Repeat with the other half of the dough. Bake until barely golden, 16 to 18 minutes.
- For the glaze: Meanwhile, sift the powdered sugar into a large bowl. Add the milk, jam and food coloring. Mix until smooth, then set aside.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and allow to cool, 20 minutes. Spoon over the glaze and top with sprinkles. Let the glaze set for 1 hour before bagging up.
ITALIAN BRUNCH TORTE
We always serve this impressive layered breakfast bake with a salad of mixed greens and tomato wedges. It is one of our most requested dishes and can be served warm or cold. -Danny Diamond, Farmington Hills, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Unroll 1 tube of crescent dough and separate into triangles. Press onto bottom of prepared pan to form a crust, sealing seams well. Bake until set, 10-15 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Drain on several layers of paper towels, blotting well. In a large bowl, whisk 6 eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper., Layer crust with half of each of the following: ham, salami, provolone cheese, red peppers and spinach mixture. Pour half of the egg mixture over top. Repeat layers; top with remaining egg mixture., On a work surface, unroll and separate remaining crescent dough into triangles. Press together to form a circle and seal seams; place over filling. Whisk remaining egg; brush over dough., Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 160°, 1 to 1-1/4 hours, covering loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning. Carefully loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Let stand 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403 calories, Fat 24g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 167mg cholesterol, Sodium 1360mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein.
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN TORTA - TORTAS AHOGADAS
- Preheat an oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Mix the 16 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of minced oregano, 2 teaspoons of salt, and pepper in a bowl. Rub garlic mixture over the pork butt, and place pork in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue roasting until pork is tender and no longer pink in the center, about 2 hours and 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Cover the meat with two layers of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 20 minutes before rough chopping or shredding it. Reserve pan drippings.
- Place the chipotle peppers in a bowl, and cover with hot water. Allow peppers to soak until softened, about 3 minutes; drain. Set aside. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in 8 cloves of minced garlic and the chopped onions; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Roma tomatoes, 1 cup of water, chipotle chili peppers, 5 teaspoons of oregano, sugar, and salt to taste. Add the reserved pan drippings. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the chipotle sauce into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the sauce moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the sauce right in the skillet. Strain the sauce through a sieve.
- To serve: Hollow out the bottom half of each bolillo to make a shallow bowl for the chopped pork. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the chipotle sauce over the bottom of each roll, then arrange the chopped pork over the sauce. Top each sandwich with a couple slices of pickled jalapeno, followed by the top half of the roll. Pour about 1/4 cup of additional chipotle sauce over the entire sandwich.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 866.6 calories, Carbohydrate 75.1 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Fat 41 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 47.7 g, SaturatedFat 13.3 g, Sodium 571.2 mg, Sugar 9 g
Wondering how to make tortas? My hubby likes these ciabatta rolls served with pickled jalapenos. Try substituting leftover taco meat, ham, grilled steak or chicken for the bacon. This one's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. -Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cut the top third off each roll; hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Place roll bottoms on an ungreased baking sheet., In a small bowl, combine the beans, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle pepper sauce and salt. Spread 1/4 cup inside each roll. Break an egg into each roll. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes., Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Brush roll tops with olive oil; place on the baking sheet. Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not firm, 5-8 minutes longer. Top each with bacon, avocado, salsa and onions. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 677 calories, Fat 24g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 244mg cholesterol, Sodium 1279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 94g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
- For the tart crust: Mix the flour, sugar, cardamom and salt in a food processor. Add the butter and shortening, and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Drizzle in the ice water and vanilla, and pulse until the dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- For the blueberry compote: While the dough is resting, place the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cornstarch and water, stirring to combine. Return to the heat and simmer until the compote reaches a thick, jam-like consistency, about 8 minutes.
- To assemble: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8-inch thick on a floured work surface and then cut into 4-by-3-inch rectangles using a pastry press or knife. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Place a heaping teaspoon of blueberry compote in the center of half of the rectangles and brush the edges with beaten egg. Top with the remaining rectangles and seal using a fork or dough crimper.
- Bake the tarts for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush the tops with milk. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, until golden brown.
This recipe is called 'Breakfast Tortillas' but we eat them at dinner time. I put them together in the morning and refrigerate all day. I really like the combinations of flavors in this dish. (Prep time includes fridge time.)
Provided by Anissa
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix together ham and onion, place about 1/3 cup of mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In another bowl, mix flour, milk, eggs and salt until smooth.
- Pour over top of the tortillas and cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Take casserole out of fridge 30 minutes BEFORE baking at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to oven until melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and pan-fry the round steaks 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
- Slice the rolls lengthwise. Spread about 1 tablespoon of sour cream onto one side of each roll, and top with about 1/3 cup of mashed pinto beans per sandwich. Place a cooked round steak per sandwich on top of the pinto beans, and then layer each sandwich with one-fourth of the avocado slices, tomato slices, and sliced pickled jalapenos, about 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 1/4 cup of cilantro, and 1/4 cup of crumbled queso fresco cheese. Squeeze a lime wedge over each sandwich, close, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 770 calories, Carbohydrate 91.9 g, Cholesterol 56.5 mg, Fat 30.4 g, Fiber 14.8 g, Protein 35.5 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 391 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
TORTA - A SPANISH INFLUENCED BREAKFAST
- Slice potatoes thinly.
- Add olive oil to a deep 10" frying pan, add potatoes, chopped garlic, and red or white chopped onions.
- Make sure there is enough oil to cover potatoes.
- Saute uncovered until the potatoes are soft, but not brown.
- Drain oil.
- Save a couple tablespoons, discard the rest.
- A little before the potatoes are cooked, mix the eggs and milk.
- When potatoes are cooked and drained, add them to the eggs and milk mixture.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Season mixture with a bit of salt and lots of black pepper.
- Heat a 10" non-stick frying and add the two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the potato and egg mixture and cook on low heat until the egg is set (fork will come out clean if inserted).
- Flip the tortilla using the lid of a large pan: Place lid over the frying pan; turn pan over; slide the tortilla cooked side up back onto the frying pan to finish cooking, just a couple of minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and let tortilla rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- May be served warm or at room temperature.
- Serve in pie like slices or cut into cubes if serving it to a larger crowd.
- Note: rather than flipping the tortilla you can cook on top of the stove until the egg is set on the bottom and then transfer the pan to a 400 degree oven to finish.
PHYLLO EGG BREAKFAST TORTA
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove sausage to medium bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon liquid in skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add bell pepper and onion to skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet; add to sausage in bowl.
- In another medium bowl, beat eggs and pepper with wire whisk. Add to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll phyllo sheets; cover with plastic wrap and damp paper towel. Place 1 phyllo sheet in baking dish; brush with melted butter. Repeat 9 times.
- Spread half of sausage mixture over phyllo. Layer and brush with butter 10 more phyllo sheets. Sprinkle evenly with cooked eggs, Swiss cheese, spinach and basil. Layer and brush with butter 5 more phyllo sheets.
- Top with remaining sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Layer and brush with butter remaining 5 phyllo sheets.
- Cover tightly; refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover; bake 45 to 55 minutes or until top is golden brown. If desired, garnish with additional chopped fresh basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 255 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 20 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 640 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 g
More about "breakfast tortas recipes"
65 PASTRY RECIPES YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY MAKE FOR …
ITALIAN BRUNCH TORTA RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
MEXICO | MEXICAN BREAKFAST TORTA | COOK SMARTS
BREAKFAST TORTAS | EGGLAND'S BEST
Servings 4Total Time 15 mins
BREAKFAST TORTA (MEXICAN BREAKFAST SANDWICH WITH EGGS, …
Cuisine MexicanCategory Breakfast And Brunch, SandwichesServings 4Total Time 30 mins
BREAKFAST TORTAS | RECIPE | RECIPES, BREAKFAST, HOMEMADE APPETIZER
BREAKFAST TORTAS - CUISINART.COM
OPEN-FACED BREAKFAST TORTA - WILD GREENS & SARDINES
10 FAVORITE MEXICAN TORTA SANDWICHES - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
MEXICAN BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BREAKFAST TORTAS - CHICANO EATS
BREAKFAST TORTA WITH BACON, EGGS, AND CHIPOTLE …
CHORIZO BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPE - MEXICAN SANDWICH ~ MACHEESMO
BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
10 BEST BREAKFAST TART RECIPES | YUMMLY
BREAKFAST TORTAS RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BREAKFAST TORTILLAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RICK BAYLESSEGG AND BACON TORTA - RICK BAYLESS
TORTA DE JAMóN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
FILIPINO BEEF OMELET - BREAKFAST TORTA - ALL THAT'S JAS
BREAKFAST TORTAS - INTE.CUISINART.COM
BREAKFAST TORTAS | RECIPE CART
CARNITAS BREAKFAST TORTAS | DUDEFOODS.COM
SAVORY BREAKFAST/DINNER TORTA - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
MEXICAN BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPE - SMITHFIELD CULINARY
MEXICAN FRIED EGG BREAKFAST TORTA - GREATIST
VEGAN SAUSAGE BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPE - EATALPHAFOODS.COM
BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPE ARCHIVES - CHICANO EATS
BREAKFAST TORTAS | PUNCHFORK
BREAKFAST CHORIZO MINI TORTAS - SWEET LIFE
IDAHO® POTATO BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
BREAKFAST TORTAS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST MEXICAN BREAKFAST TORTA I EVER MADE.... | HUGE …
BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPE | USE REAL BUTTER | TORTA RECIPE, RECIPES, …
THE BEST MEXICAN BREAKFAST TORTA I EVER MADE.... | HUGE …
BREAKFAST TORTA RECIPE | USE REAL BUTTER
BREAKFAST TORTA WITH JAM (ITALY) - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
You'll also love