BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE HAM
With just four ingredients, this pineapple glaze for ham is straightforward and simple - just what you're looking for in a holiday ham with easy steps. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/2-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours., In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Spread over ham, pressing mixture into cuts. Bake ham, uncovered, 30-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts :
PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place ham, cut-side down, into a roasting pan. Pin pineapple slices onto ham using toothpicks.
- Mix pineapple juice and 1/2 cup brown sugar together in a saucepan; bring to a boil until glaze is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Bake ham in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Pour glaze over ham and pineapple rings; continue baking for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups brown sugar over ham and pineapple rings; continue baking until ham is cooked through, about 30 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Pour the remaining glaze over cooked ham.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Carbohydrate 38.4 g, Cholesterol 122.3 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 46.6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 1455.6 mg, Sugar 37.6 g
BROWN SUGAR AND PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place the ham, cut side down, into a roasting pan.
- Cut the skin off the pineapple with a sharp knife and cut out any brown spots of skin left behind. Slice the pineapple into 1/2-inch slices and cut the cores out of the slices. Pin the slices onto the ham with toothpicks.
- Bake ham in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- While the ham is baking, mix the pineapple juice and brown sugar in a microwave-safe ceramic or glass bowl and microwave on medium power until the glaze is boiling and slightly thickened. Work carefully because the glaze will be sticky and very hot.
- Pour about half the glaze evenly over the ham and pineapple about 1 hour before the end of baking; pour the rest over the ham about 30 minutes before the end of baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16.1 g, Cholesterol 99.4 mg, Fat 25.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 67.7 mg, Sugar 14.7 g
BROWN-SUGAR-GLAZED HAM WITH PINEAPPLE
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place the ham facedown in a roasting pan.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup and mustard and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook until reduced slightly, about 2 minutes, set aside.
- Brush the baked ham with the glaze, then top with the pineapple rings, securing them with toothpicks.
- Return the ham to the oven and bake uncovered until heated through, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1285.9, Fat 75, SaturatedFat 27.5, Cholesterol 399.5, Sodium 282.9, Carbohydrate 32.3, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 29.4, Protein 114.4
BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE GLAZED CANNED HAM
- 1. Open and remove ham from package and rinse. Put in large zipper sealed gallon plastic bag.
- 2. In large bowl combine syrup from pineapples (reserve pineapple slices for baking) and brown sugar. Mix should be very thick. Add mix to bag with ham and marinate in fridge overnight.
- 3. To Bake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham and mix into a large baking pan with deep sides to avoid spillage in oven. Place pineapple slices on ham so they overlap each other and pile on top what's left.
- 4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Take off foil and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove pineapples and serve separately. Very tasty. Slice ham for serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
More about "brown sugar pineapple glazed canned ham recipes"
PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM - FAKE GINGER
EASY BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM - A FARMGIRL'S KITCHEN
HAM WITH SPICED BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE GLAZE - SENSE & EDIBILITY
BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM | CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
BAKED HAM PINEAPPLE GLAZE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE HAM - THERESCIPES.INFO
PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM - THE SEASONED MOM
SPICED RUB BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM - THE …
BROWN SUGAR AND PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM
BROWN-SUGAR-GLAZED HAM WITH PINEAPPLE - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
HOW TO MAKE A PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM | PERFECT …
HAM AND PINEAPPLE WITH A BALSAMIC BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
PINEAPPLE AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM - MOMS WHO THINK
BAKED HAM RECIPE - BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM - NO. 2 …
BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE HAM – A CLASSIC RECIPE JUST IN TIME FOR …
PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR GLAZE FOR HAM RECIPE
BAKED HAM WITH PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR GLAZE -TASTES BETTER FROM …
SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE HAM - WHOLESOME …
SPIRAL HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE HAM GLAZE
BAKED HAM WITH PINEAPPLE AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZE RECIPE
BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM - FLOUR ON MY FACE
OLD SCHOOL PINEAPPLE GLAZED BAKED HAM - DEEP SOUTH DISH
BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE HAM RECIPE (PINEAPPLE HAM GLAZE)
CANNED HAM RECIPES BROWN SUGAR - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR GLAZE FOR BAKED HAM - MY TURN FOR US
TRY THIS PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR GLAZE RECIPE WITH OUR SMOKED …
HAM WITH PINEAPPLE AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZE | I HEART RECIPES
10 BEST HAM WITH PINEAPPLE JUICE GLAZE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST HAM GLAZE PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR RECIPES - YUMMLY
BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE BAKED HAM BEST RECIPES
PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR HAM GLAZE - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
BROWN SUGAR AND PINEAPPLE HAM GLAZE RECIPE
THE BEST PINEAPPLE GLAZE FOR HAM (W/ BROWN SUGAR)
BROWN SUGAR BOURBON PINEAPPLE HAM
PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM - WEELICIOUS
THE BEST HAM GLAZE RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
HOW TO MAKE CANNED HAM RECIPE - PAINLESSCOOKING.COM
EASY PINEAPPLE HAM GLAZE RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
SLOW COOKED PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR HAM
PINEAPPLE AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM RECIPE - SPARKRECIPES
PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM STEAKS RECIPE - GET HEALTHY U
PINEAPPLE BROWN SUGAR HAM GLAZE | VG'S GROCERY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you glaze pineapple ham?Use whole cloves and toothpicks to secure pineapple slices to ham, use toothpicks to secure cherries to center of each pineapple ring. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard and enough pineapple juice to make a thick glaze.
How to cook Ham in a slow cooker with pineapple?In a small pot over medium-low heat, combine the brown sugar, pineapple preserves, Dijon mustard, pineapple juice or water and garlic powder. Warm to form a glaze. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar in the bottom of a 7-8 qt slow cooker. Place the ham into the slow cooker cut side down. Place the pineapple chunks all around the ham.
What is the glaze for a ham?The glaze for this ham has all of your favorite ingredients such as honey, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and even a combination of your delicious holiday spices. I literally combined all of my ham recipes into one, and made the perfect homemade sauce/glaze.
How to decorate a ham with pineapples&cherries?Decorate the ham with pineapples & cherries, using the toothpicks to hold everything in place. In a large measuring cup, or medium sized bowl, combine the pineapple juice, cherry juice, brown sugar, mustard, honey, ginger, clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir everything, then sprinkle in the cornstarch.