BUTTER FRIED POTATOES
This is not the healthiest dish, although it is delicious. For the people who do not like them, the onion is optional. I make it for my family often and the restaurant I work at changed their recipe to this! Add diced tomatoes alongside the onion and garlic for a tasty addition.
Provided by tenastic66
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Melt 4 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir potatoes until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in another skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until garlic is lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes more. Stir onion mixture into potatoes.
- Cook and stir potatoes and onion until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.5 calories, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 45.8 mg, Fat 17.5 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 134.6 mg, Sugar 2 g
Baking meatloaf was sending an aroma of goodness through the oven door, that followed like a wave to the family room. "Oh boy", my Dad, (who is 89) said, "Now, that smells good!" My Dad is not a man the gives compliments easily, nor is he the gushy type. But he is a hard working man, even at the age of 89 that appreciates (abate quietly) the finer things of life. The comfort of meatloaf begs to have a comforting, but a simply prepared side dish that will fill the stomach and bring happiness ever so quietly, to your soul. Late in the Fall we had dug potatoes, (even though it was still quite warm out for our State) and I had put them in the dark, cool basement to carry us through the winter and early Spring months. I went down to the basement and grabbed a few little potatoes and quickly went about making this very simple, but very heart warming potato dish, of course to feed my Dad as well as my family. Sometimes, there is nothing more satisfying then the normal, simple potato. I have used this recipe for probably 40 years, and to this day, it is as good tasting and filling as it was years ago.
Provided by Andi Longmeadow Farm
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Wash potatoes, peel, and quarter.
- To cook heat 1 inch of salted water to boiling, and add potatoes. Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In small saucepan, heat the rest of the ingredients to boiling and keep warmed on low heat to wait for potatoes to cook.
- Drain potatoes in colander and put into a serving dish.
- Stir in lemon butter and mix throughly with potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.1, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 367.1, Carbohydrate 74.5, Fiber 9.4, Sugar 3.4, Protein 8.7
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes and slice off the ends. Cut into 1-inch slices. Season both sides of the potatoes generously with kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet (or other heavy-duty, ovenproof skillet) over medium-high heat. Add the oil and 4 tablespoons of the butter. Sear the potatoes on one side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip the potatoes and add the broth, rosemary and garlic. Cut the remaining 6 tablespoons butter into cubes and scatter on top of the potatoes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Garnish with flaky salt and spoon the pan sauce all over the potatoes.
BOILED POTATOES WITH BUTTER
- Put the potatoes, garlic, bay leaf, and peppercorns in a large saucepan, add cold water to cover by about an inch and season generously with salt,. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 5 to 8 minutes depending on their size.
- Drain and discard the garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Halve the potatoes, if large, toss with the butter and season with salt, and pepper, to taste. Keep warm.
- Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
NEW POTATOES IN BUTTER SAUCE
This is a simple new potato side dish that is easy to make. The butter sauce is opaque and silky with a mild onion taste.
Provided by Janice Nagle
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and save about 1/2 cup cooking water in the pot.
- Add 2 or 3 potatoes pieces back into the pot with the cooking water and mash them to thicken the sauce a bit. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in green onions. Return hot potatoes to the pot and stir gently until coated in the sauce.
- Let sit until potatoes soak up the butter sauce, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.8 calories, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 179.3 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
BUTTERY MASHED POTATOES
These creamy, buttery mashed potatoes use simple ingredients. The tricks are to use Yukon Gold potatoes and then to warm the cream and butter before adding them to the potatoes. -Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat cream, butter, salt and pepper until butter is melted. , Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding enough cream mixture to reach desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 25g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 534mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
BUTTERY GARLIC POTATOES
My husband and three boys all love oven-roasted potatoes. But I work full-time, so once I get home and start dinner, I usually don't have time to make them. I whipped up this quick and very tasty microwave garlic potato recipe with red potatoes and seasonings instead, and everyone likes it. -Heidi Iacovetto, Phippsburg, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the potatoes in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. In a small bowl, combine the butter, seasoned salt, paprika, parsley and garlic; pour over potatoes and toss to coat., Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring frequently.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 477mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
BUTTER BROWN POTATOES
My stepmom's recipe for delicious potatoes that are crunchy/chewy on the outside and soft and fluffy in the middle.
Provided by SuperSpike
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Peel potatoes and cut in half lengthwise (you only need enough that will fit in the bottom of your baking dish- so start with four and see if you need to peel more to fill the dish).
- Place butter/margarine in a 9x13 baking dish and place in a preheated 350 F degree oven, and let it melt. Remove from oven and add potatoes in coating thoroughly (you may have to use a basting brush for this). Arrange potatoes cut side down, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Return dish to oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour (depending on thickness of potatoes), or until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through. For best results baste the potatoes with the melted butter in the bottom of the dish halfway through the cooking time.
- Note: this is a really easy side dish if you are cooking other items in the oven and can easily be made when you have to bake something between 325 and 375- just adjust the cooking time.
More about "butter potatoes recipes"
EASY BUTTERED POTATOES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
10 BEST OVEN ROASTED POTATOES IN BUTTER RECIPES
GARLICKY HERB-BUTTER LAYERED POTATOES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CRISPY OVEN ROASTED SMASHED POTATOES - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BROWNED BUTTER PARMESAN ROASTED POTATOES - CAFE DELITES
BUTTER STEAMED NEW POTATOES - DEEP SOUTH DISH
BOILED BUTTERED NEW POTATOES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BUTTERY ROASTED POTATOES | 12 TOMATOES
BUTTERED POTATOES WITH SALTED LEMON RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GARLIC BUTTER POTATOES: THE CRISPY AND FLAVORFUL POTATO RECIPE
ROASTED GOLDEN BUTTER POTATOES - REAL LIFE DINNER
MELTING BUTTER POTATOES - SO EASY AND DELICIOUS!
HAM AND POTATOES CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BABY POTATOES WITH BUTTER & HERBS | RECIPETIN EATS
BUTTER-ROAST POTATOES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
ROASTED GARLIC POTATOES RECIPE WITH BUTTER PARMESAN - EATWELL101
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH POTATOES — LET'S DISH RECIPES
BRABANT POTATOES (CRISPY GARLIC BUTTER POTATOES) - SPRINKLES AND …
GARLIC BUTTER SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE | KITCHN
GARLIC PARMESAN BUTTER ROASTED POTATOES — EATWELL101
SOUTHERN STOVETOP BUTTERED POTATOES RECIPE - MOMMA CAN
SHEET PAN GARLIC BUTTER ROASTED POTATOES | THE FOOD CAFE
BROWN BUTTER MASHED POTATOES - JO COOKS
THE BEST BUTTERY PARSLEY BOILED POTATOES | FOODIECRUSH.COM
10 BEST BUTTER CREAM POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEESY GARLIC BUTTER POTATOES - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
BEST CHEESY GARLIC BUTTER POTATOES RECIPE - DELISH
COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPES - HEALING TOMATO RECIPES
BUTTER ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE WITH THYME RECIPE
FRENCH-STYLE BROWN BUTTER NEW POTATOES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BUTTERED POTATOES RECIPE - COOKING | ADD A PINCH | ROBYN STONE
GARLIC BUTTER HASSELBACK POTATOES | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THE GOOD DISH CRISPY BUTTER-FRIED POTATOES WITH PARMESAN
INSTANT POT BUTTERED POTATOES - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
GARLIC BUTTER POTATOES RECIPE | NEW IDEA MAGAZINE
ULTRA CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES | RECIPETIN EATS
GARLIC BUTTER ROASTED POTATOES | KITCHN
SIMPLE STEAMED POTATOES WITH HERBS - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
MELTING BUTTER POTATOES - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
Herb Buttered Potatoes -- Lynn's Recipes142K views-03:30
Easy Garlic Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes Recipe by Rockin Robin2.7K views-07:54
Roasted Potatoes, Herb Garlic Butter Roasted Potato Recipe. Quick & Easy!1.8K views-02:41
Buttered Potatoes recipe (buttered scalloped potatoes) how to make scalloped potatoes2.7K views-05:37
The Best Creamy Butter Mashed Potatoes Recipe!! So delicious!57K views-06:27
ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER POTATOES RECIPE - The best Easy roasted potatoes21K views-03:30
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook potatoes in a pan with butter?Instructions 1 Add the potatoes to a medium saucepan and cover with cold water by 2 inches. 2 Bring to a boil and add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. ... 3 Drain the water from the pan. Quickly add the potatoes back to the saucepan with the butter and parsley, and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. ...
How to make garlic butter with potatoes?Cut the potatoes into ½-inch cubes, there is no need to peel them. Bring a pan of water to the boil and then add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add the potato cubes and bring the water back to a simmer. Simmer the potatoes for 5 minutes then drain well and set them aside to dry out a little. Whilst the potatoes are drying make the garlic butter.
How to cook potatoes with Herby butter?Add a teaspoon of salt to the pan, and cook on high heat until the water starts boiling, then reduce the heat to a medium until the potatoes are fork tender When the potatoes are ready, drain the water, and leave them to dry for a few minutes - the dry skin will absorb the herby butter better
How to cook buttered parsley potatoes?Buttered Parsley Potatoes are so simple and delicious with a creamy texture.. They make the perfect side dish for chicken, pork, or steak. If desired, remove skin from the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until soft.