MOM'S CLASSIC SOUTHERN DEVILED EGGS
My mom's classic Southern deviled eggs are simple to make, deliciously creamy and perfect for holidays, family gatherings and special occasions!
Provided by Kathryn Doherty
Categories Side dishes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place eggs in the bottom of a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat, cover the pan and let the eggs sit for 20 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and rinse them with cold water. (Alternatively you can do baked hard boiled eggs in the oven or make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs if you prefer.)
- Peel the cooled eggs then cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yellow yolks and place them in a small bowl. Plate egg white halves on serving plate.
- Use a fork to mash the egg yolks. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season the mixture to taste with extra salt and pepper as needed.
- Fill each egg half with the yolk mixture, mounding it up a little. Sprinkle with any desired toppings and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 56 calories, Cholesterol 94 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 5 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1 deviled egg, Sodium 66 milligrams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar
MY MOM'S DEVILED EGGS
I got this recipe from my mom. I don't know where she got it from. The key is the celery salt. The amounts are approximate as Mom always "eye-balled" everything.
Provided by NebraskaGirl
Yield 24 deviled eggs
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks.
- In a separate bowl mix yolks, mustard, Miracle Whip and celery salt into a fine paste.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
MY MOM'S DEVILED EGGS
My Mom taught me how to make these, her secret was the sauce. She used it for these as well as coleslaw and potato salad. I think it is the sugar that makes the eggs slightly sweet. This last Easter, my sister-in-law and I both made deviled eggs and I have to say, that mine won! I don't think I ever have had sweet ones anywhere else. And here is my secret....I eat 2 eggs worth of the whites, while I am making them that makes the other eggs really full.
Provided by chilepepper1231
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 36 eggs
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Boil eggs to hard-boiled stage.
- Rinse in cold water, cool and peel.
- While eggs are boiling, make sauce.
- Combine mayo, sugar and mustard and stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate, and don't be worried if sauce still has sugar crystals.
- When ready to assemble, slice eggs in half, scoop out yolks and mash.
- Take sauce out of fridge and stir again.
- Now it should be smooth.
- Mix sauce with mashed egg yolks.
- But don't use all at once.
- May have to add a little more until the right consistency.
- Start with 1/2 of the sauce and add more a little at a time as needed.
- Spoon into egg whites and sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
Sugar and hot mustard are the secret ingredients in this much-requested recipe for deviled eggs. Whenever my daughter-in-law throws a party, she is always asked, 'Are you having your mother-in-law's eggs?' Mothers-in-law are known to be sweet and devilish!
Provided by SHORECOOK
Categories Appetizers and Snacks 100+ Deviled Egg Recipes Spicy Deviled Egg Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Drain. Cool the eggs under cold running water. Peel once cold. Halve the eggs lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Stir the mayonnaise, spicy brown mustard, hot mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper into the yolks until well combined. Spoon into a quart-size, resealable plastic bag. Snip a corner off the plastic bag.
- Squeeze the yolk mixture into the egg halves, sprinkle each stuffed egg with paprika, and top with an olive half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58.1 calories, Carbohydrate 0.9 g, Cholesterol 93.4 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 160.4 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
More about "my moms deviled eggs recipes"
MY MOM’S DEVILED EGGS - COOK BETTER THAN MOST …
Cuisine American, EggsCategory Appetizer, Holiday, SnackServings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Carefully put in the cold eggs. Wait 30 seconds. Put on the lid and turn the heat down to slow simmer. Set timer for 11 minutes.
- When the time has passed put the hot eggs directly into a big bowl of ice water for 10-15 minutes. If time allows, I like to refrigerate the eggs overnight before peeling. Peel your eggs.
- Using a fork mash up the yolks and add about half the mayo and half the relish. Taste! Add more relish and mayo getting the flavor and texture that you like. Don’t forget to adjust the Salt and pepper to your preference.
MOM’S HOMEMADE DEVILLED EGGS RECIPE | GET CRACKING
Servings 12Total Time 20 minsCategory Quick And Easy Protein Packed SnacksCalories 70 per serving
MOM'S FAMOUS DEVILED EGG RECIPE - KOKO&CHANTELLE
25 DEVILED EGG RECIPES ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
MOM’S DEVILED EGGS | RECIPE | RECIPES, DEVILED EGGS, FAVORITE …
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS RECIPE WITH PAPRIKA - FROM MOM ⋆ LISTOTIC
MOMS DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
MOM'S DEVILED EGGS RECIPE (NATURALLY GLUTEN FREE AND DAIRY FREE)
MOM’S DEVILED EGGS | DULA NOTES
MOM'S CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS ⋆ NUTRIVORE LIFE
MOM’S EASY DEVILED EGGS RECIPE » HERITAGE HEAT
JUST LIKE MAMA’S 3 INGREDIENT DEVILED EGGS
MOM'S ITALIAN STYLE DEVILED EGGS - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
MAMA YEARWOOD'S DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOMS DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
OLD FASHIONED DEVILED EGGS - THE MEANEST MOMMA
GRANDMA'S DEVILED EGGS RECIPE WITHOUT RELISH - THESE OLD …
HOW TO MAKE MY MOM'S DEVILED EGGS (PLUS 7 OTHER RECIPES!)
MOM'S DEVILED EGGS - HOW TO MAKE THE BEST DEVILED EGGS
EASY DEVILED EGGS - THE SEASONED MOM
MAMA'S DEVILED EGGS WITH A PARMESAN CRISP | BEST DEVILED EGGS …
MOM’S DEVILED EGGS - HOME FRONT COOKING
MOM'S EASY CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - GADGETS AND RECIPES
THE BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
MAKE MY MOM'S DEVILED EGGS (PLUS 7 OTHER RECIPES!)
MY GRANDMA'S DEVILED EGGS WITH RELISH RECIPE - A MOM'S …
MOMMAS DEVILED EGGS - THIS IS HOW WE BINGHAM
MOM'S DEVILED EGG RECIPE - NOT ENTIRELY AVERAGE
DEVILED EGGS - A CLASSIC & DELICIOUS APPETIZER! — PIMP MY RECIPE
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | EVITE
MOM’S CLASSIC SOUTHERN DEVILED EGGS (+ VIDEO) | RECIPE | DEVILLED …
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS WITH HOW-TO VIDEO - MOM'S DINNER
TASTY SOUL FOOD RECIPES | MOTHER’S DAY I COOKED MY MOM POT …
THE BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE FROM ANN’S MOM, CAROL
RECIPE: MOM’S DEVILED EGGS - FOOD OF THE SOUTH
MY MOM’S DEVILED EGGS – MICHELLESIPSANDSAVORS
THE BEST DEVILED EGG RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - KIM'S CRAVINGS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love