HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
- Grease waffle iron with a small amount of melted butter, and heat. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla-bean scrapings. Pour into dry mixture, and combine.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into batter.
- Ladle about 1/3 cup batter onto each section of the waffle grid; spread batter almost to the edges. Close lid, and bake 3 to 5 minutes, until no steam emerges from waffle iron.
- Transfer cooked waffles to a baking sheet; place in an oven set to low heat, about 200 degrees, while using remaining batter.
The Pioneer Woman's classic Waffle recipe for Food Network is the perfect way to feed a hungry breakfast crowd.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 8 waffles
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the waffle iron to the regular setting.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla and 2 egg yolks. Pour over the dry ingredients and very gently stir until halfway combined. Pour in the melted butter and continue mixing very gently until combined.
- In a separate bowl using a whisk (or a mixer), beat the 4 egg whites until stiff. Slowly fold them into the batter, stopping short of mixing them all the way through.
- Scoop the batter into your waffle iron in batches and cook according to its directions (lean toward the waffles being a little deep golden and crisp!). Serve immediately with softened butter and warm syrup.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees; set a rack on a baking sheet, and place in oven. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, and eggs; add flour mixture, and mix just until batter is combined.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions; brush with oil. Pour batter onto iron (amount depends on iron size), leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides (spread batter if necessary). Close iron; cook until waffles are golden brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to rack in oven to keep warm; repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537 g, Fat 27 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 14 g
GOLDEN BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs; add buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined., Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. If desired, serve with sliced fresh strawberries, syrup and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 435mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
THE BEST BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
In creating this recipe, we tried out many different methods-folding in egg whites, milk versus buttermilk, a yeasted batter. But at the end of the day, this simple dump-and-stir was our favorite by far. Someone in the test kitchen may have even said this was the best waffle they'd ever eaten! The buttermilk makes this waffle ultra-light while the generous amount of butter makes for a super crispy exterior, leaving the inside custardy and soft. Finally, we kept the sugar to a minimum, making these the perfect foil for sweet toppings like maple syrup, berries or jam.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 6 waffles
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Whisk the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until a batter is formed. Whisk in the butter until incorporated, being careful not to overmix the batter.
- Spray both sides of the preheated waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in enough batter to lightly cover the surface of the iron, about 1/3 to 3/4 cup, depending on its size. (Take into consideration that the batter will spread once the lid is closed.) Close the iron and cook until the waffles are a deep golden brown and slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. (If the waffle iron has a well-seasoned or nonstick surface, it may not be necessary to spray it between each batch.)
- Serve the waffles immediately with butter, syrup, jam, berries or yogurt.
These classic Belgian waffles from Gourmet magazine's cookbook have deep crevices that are ideal receptacles for butter and maple syrup.
Provided by Gourmet Test Kitchen
Yield Makes 12 (4-inch) Belgian waffles or 24 (4-inch) standard waffles
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat waffle iron. Put a rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 200°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add buttermilk, butter, and eggs and stir until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Brush waffle iron lightly with vegetable oil, if necessary, and spoon batter into waffle iron, using 1/2 cup batter for each 4-inch-square Belgian waffle or 1/4 cup batter for each 4-inch-square standard waffle and spreading batter evenly. Cook according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer waffle to a baking sheet and keep warm, uncovered, in oven. Make more waffles with remaining batter in same manner.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
GRANDMA'S BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and soda; stir to mix.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk, and butter; mix well.
- Pour batter into a preheated prepared waffle iron; cook until steaming stops and waffles are crisp and golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414.6, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 128.4, Sodium 962.9, Carbohydrate 54, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 6.1, Protein 13.8
BUTTERMILK-BROWN SUGAR WAFFLES
This recipe first appeared in The Times in a 2006 article Julia Moskin wrote about wedding registries and what items couples should (and shouldn't) include on theirs. A cookware set? No. Better to buy pieces individually according to a couple's needs. A waffle iron? Why yes, if there's any chance of children. These waffles are light, crisp and easy to throw together, like traditional waffles, but the buttermilk lends tang and the brown sugar an earthy sweetness. The secret ingredient here is wheat germ. It provides a lovely toothsome texture and crunch.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Yield About 8 waffles
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in a large bowl. In another bowl stir dry ingredients together, then add to egg mixture and whisk just until smooth. Let batter rest briefly.
- Heat a waffle iron and butter lightly or spray with nonstick cooking spray (even nonstick waffle irons require this step). Ladle batter onto iron (about 1/4 cup for an 8-inch round iron), close, and cook just until light golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 272, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 369 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
TENDER AND EASY BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
An easy waffle recipe that results in a nice crisp outside, and tender middle waffle. I love the results this gives while not having to separate the eggs and take time to whip egg whites! These will also reheat in the toaster for a quick work day breakfast.
Provided by Diana Perry
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl until evenly combined. Whisk buttermilk and butter together in a separate bowl; add eggs. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined and batter is slightly lumpy; add vanilla extract.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pour enough batter into the preheated waffle iron to reach 1/2 inch from the edge. Cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.6 calories, Carbohydrate 40.5 g, Cholesterol 92.4 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 748.7 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk buttermilk, egg, and oil together in a large bowl. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture just until batter is combined.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron, leaving about 1/2-inch border; close iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer cooked waffles to the rack in the oven. Continue cooking waffles with remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.3 calories, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 49 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 385.1 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
More about "buttermilk waffles recipes"
FLUFFY AND CRISP BUTTERMILK WAFFLES - BROWN EYED BAKER
Ratings 198Calories 423 per servingCategory Breakfast
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently whisk to combine. Do not overmix!
- Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, then preheat. Once the waffle maker is ready, add the batter according to the manufacturer's instructions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the waffle maker indicates they are ready. Serve immediately, or place in a 300-degree oven to keep warm. Leftover waffles can be wrapped in plastic wrap, placed in a ziploc bag and stored in the refrigerator for 2 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
BUTTERMILK WAFFLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (23)Category BreakfastAuthor LivieCalories 261 per serving
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; add buttermilk, butter and eggs and stir until smooth- batter will be thick.
- Brush waffle iron lightly with vegetable oil, if needed, and spoon about 1/2 cup of batter onto waffle iron and spread a little bit; cook according to iron directions.
CLASSIC BUTTERMILK WAFFLES RECIPE - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
4.6/5 (14)Total Time 50 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 374 per serving
- Tip: It’s best to let your cold ingredients like eggs and buttermilk get to room temperature. Take out the eggs and measure out the buttermilk. Let it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda together and add it to the wet ingredients. Add salt and whisk all ingredients together until evenly combined.
OUR FAVORITE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 15 mins
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside. Whisk together buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla in a 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir together until just combined. Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to your waffle iron's instructions. Serve with your favorite syrup and toppings.
EASY BUTTERMILK WAFFLES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.4/5 (45)Calories 156 per serving
BUTTERMILK BELGIAN WAFFLES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
BUTTERMILK WAFFLES - KIM'S CRAVINGS
4.2/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 331 per serving
- To keep waffles warm while you are making the whole batch, heat oven to 225°F and place a large sheet pan inside.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla; whisk until just combined. Some small lumps remaining are fine. (Do not over stir the mixture. Mix until a few streaks of flour are remaining.) Let batter sit for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron and grease. Pour about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron (or until batter reaches about 1/2-inch to the edge of the iron). Cook until ready - probably about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and either serve immediately or keep warm in the oven. Spray or grease waffle iron again and continue cooking remaining batter.
THE BEST BUTTERMILK WAFFLES - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
4/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 268 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Preheat a waffle maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Grease with non-stick spray if necessary. Pour scant 1 cup batter into the hot waffle maker (1/2 cup for smaller waffle irons). Cook until golden brown (this was about 5-6 minutes in my waffle iron.)
LIGHT AND FLUFFY HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES | LIL' LUNA
5/5 (46)Total Time 20 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 331 per serving
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined (there were still be lumps). Fold in vanilla. Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron and grease. Pour about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron (or until batter reached about 1/2 inch to the edge of the iron). Cook until ready. Top with syrup and berries.
SOUTHERN BUTTERMILK WAFFLES RECIPE - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
4.7/5 (7)Total Time 30 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 273 per serving
CLASSIC BUTTERMILK WAFFLES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (185)Total Time 40 minsServings 10Calories 200 per serving
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla., In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients., Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until nearly smooth; a few small lumps may remain., Spray your waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray before preheating it.
- For an 8" round waffle iron, use about 1/3 cup batter; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the iron stops steaming.
MY FAVORITE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4/5 (24)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory BreakfastTotal Time 30 mins
- Preheat waffle maker on medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 200F degrees. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In another large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, butter, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk gently until smooth. Do not overmix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. I typically use a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment to whisk the egg whites. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into each well of the waffle maker (or less if your waffle maker is smaller) and close the lid. Cook the waffles until golden brown and crisp, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the cooked waffles to the wire rack and keep warm in the preheated oven as you cook the rest. Repeat to cook the remaining batter.
CLASSIC BUTTERMILK WAFFLES (THE BEST RECIPE) - KATHRYN'S ...
5/5 (4)Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
BUTTERMILK WAFFLES | CANADIAN LIVING
BUTTERMILK WAFFLES – BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN – ADVENTURES ...
BUTTERMILK WAFFLES | BREAD N SOUP
40 BUTTERMILK WAFFLES IDEAS | BUTTERMILK WAFFLES, WAFFLES ...
BUTTERMILK WAFFLES - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN - DINE CA
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #pancakes-and-waffles #breakfast #easy #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make buttermilk waffles in waffle maker?Buttermilk waffles are a classic recipe that can be made in any waffle maker! Dry Ingredients. Mix your dry ingredients together – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Wet Ingredients. Then mix your wet ingredients together- buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Combine. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
What is the recipe for a waffle?Directions. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl until evenly combined. Whisk buttermilk and butter together in a separate bowl; add eggs. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined and batter is slightly lumpy; add vanilla extract. Preheat a waffle iron...
Can you make Belgian waffles in a waffle maker?Belgian waffles are made with a very deep waffle maker and call for different ingredients. Buttermilk waffles are a classic recipe that can be made in any waffle maker! Dry Ingredients. Mix your dry ingredients together – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
What is a good substitute for buttermilk in waffles?Buttermilk is also what makes waffles taste amazing! If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make a buttermilk substitute. Simply stir together slightly less (to account for the additional liquid from the lemon juice) than 2 cups of milk with about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.