APPLE AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD
Yields: About 1 cup
Yield 1 (8x4-inch) loaf
Number Of Ingredients 28
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, apple pie spice, and salt. In a medium bowl, stir together squash, cream, eggs, brown sugar, oil, and granulated sugar. Add squash mixture to flour mixture, stirring to combine. Fold in apples. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Top with Crumble Topping.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and store in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sugar, salt, baking powder, and apple pie spice. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. To create larger crumbs, squeeze mixture together by handfuls. Chill until ready to use, or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut squash in half, and remove seeds and pulp. Place squash, cut side down, on prepared pan. Brush with oil, and sprinkle salt on both sides.
- Roast until tender, about 45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Scoop roasted squash flesh from skin; discard skin. Place flesh in the work bowl of a food processor with brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and lime juice; purée until smooth.
- Transfer to a large saucepan, and stir in cider. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon, if using.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH & APPLE BREAD
This recipe was in the Pittsburgh PostGazette on November 8, 2009. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like a great Autumn recipe. Can be made as muffins or loaf and spread with cream cheese or preserves.
Provided by HisPixie
Yield 1 loaf, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, nuts and cranberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the thawed squash, eggs, applesauce and apple juice (or milk) in another large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Fold in until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 1-1/4 hours until baked through (a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). If baked as muffins, cooking time will be approximately 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.7, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 52.9, Sodium 199.6, Carbohydrate 57.6, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 29.3, Protein 5.4
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BREAD
- To make butternut squash puree, preheat oven to 400, peel squash and discard seeds. Chop into even and relatively small pieces and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked throughout.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and grease and sugar a bread pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together butternut squash puree, almond milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Add in the egg and brown sugar and mix. Add in the salt, spices, baking soda and baking powder. Peel and finely chop the apple and add to the mixture.
- Add the white whole wheat flour, oat flour, and pecans into the wet mixture and mix until just combined (don't overmix). Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BAKE
Even those who aren't fans of squash enjoy this side dish. Sweet slices of butternut squash are topped with apples covered in a cinnamon-sugar glaze for a quick and easy dinner accompaniment. -Ellie Klopping, Toledo, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°. Layer squash and apples in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Drizzle with butter. , Bake, covered, until squash and apples are tender, 45-55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 36mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic exchanges
SQUASH AND APPLE BAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, flour, salt, and mace. Arrange squash in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with slices of apple, then sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.8 calories, Carbohydrate 34.9 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 340.6 mg, Sugar 21.4 g
APPLE, BUTTERNUT AND SAUSAGE DRESSING
I'd heard about using squash in dressing, so I combined four things I love into one dish: apples, butternut squash, bacon and maple sausage! Now, it's one of the most requested dishes during the holidays. -Brenda Crouch, Ansley, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 pans (10 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place squash and apples on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until tender, about 25 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 375°., Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings., Add sausage, celery, onions and carrots to pan; cook over medium-high heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain., Transfer to a large bowl. Add 5 cups stuffing cubes, crackers, evaporated milk, soup, eggs, rice, sour cream, seasonings and reserved squash mixture and bacon; toss. Transfer to 2 greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Lightly crush remaining 1 cup stuffing cubes. Sprinkle over tops; dot with butter. , Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 15-20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Fat 26g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 98mg cholesterol, Sodium 793mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, APPLE, ONION AU GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9- x 11-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place flour, salt, and cinnamon into a large plastic bag. Add squash, apples, and onions; shake until lightly dusted.
- In glass dish, layer 1/2 of squash, apples, and sweet onion. Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock over the top, then sprinkle 1/2 of cheese. Layer with remaining squash, apple, and onions. Pour remaining chicken stock over the top, and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle with bacon crumbles and remaining cheese. Return, uncovered, to oven; bake for another 5 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169 calories, Carbohydrate 25.4 g, Cholesterol 17.5 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 386.8 mg, Sugar 8.8 g
More about "butternut squash apple bread recipes"
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLES - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
20 EASY BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES - AHEAD OF THYME
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE CASSEROLE WITH BACON
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE CRISP | QUAKER OATS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE SOUP (HEALTHY, LOW FAT) - KYLEE COOKS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD - MY BAKING ADDICTION
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BREAD RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CANDIED APPLE BREAD - FOOD FUN FAMILY
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BREAD - FARMER'S MARKET FOODS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BREAD - PERFECTLY IMPERFECT RECIPES
BAKED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE STUFFING - YOUR HOME, MADE …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD - MOM FOODIE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH & APPLE CIDER BREAD – THE MARKET AT 100KM FOODS
CARROT AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH PANCAKES | RECIPELION.COM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE CASSEROLE WITH CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BREAD - 24 CARROT LIFE | RECIPE - PINTEREST
PICTURE OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH APPLES RECIPE- AN EASY SIDE DISH
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | CRAZY FRESH
APPLES AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BAKE WITH APPLES! - THE SAVVY AGE
RECIPES FOR BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD
HOMEMADE BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE GRATIN - THE WASHINGTON POST
WORLD CINNAMON BEST RECIPES : BUTTERNUT SQUASH & APPLE BREAD
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH, GARLIC, AND APPLE SOUP
BUTTERNUT AND APPLE BREAD PUDDING - THE PERENNIAL PLATE
APPLE & BUTTERNUT SQUASH VEGAN FLATBREAD RECIPE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BAKE - A CEDAR SPOON
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE BRUSCHETTA - WHITNEYBOND.COM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE BISQUE - BREAD EXPERIENCE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH & APPLE STUFFING - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND APPLE | ANNABEL KARMEL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake butternut squash bread?Homemade bread with butternut squash is a unique twist on its more popular pumpkin counterpart but is a favorite fall recipe that is quick to make. Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
How to bake squash and Apple squash?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, flour, salt, and mace. Arrange squash in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with slices of apple, then sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
How to make Butternut squash pumpkin pie?In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined. In a large bowl, mix together the butternut squash, vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
How much sugar do you put in a butternut squash cake?Ingredients 1 ½ cup packed light brown sugar 2 ¼ cup butter, melted 3 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour 4 1 teaspoon salt 5 ½ teaspoon ground mace 6 2 pounds butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch slices 7 2 large apples - cored, and cut into 1/2 inch slices More ...