CANDIED LIME SLICES
Right after joining RZ, I tried & was not able to find a recipe for candied limes, but Chef Neta kindly helped me find this 1 at the Food Network website. Twice since then questions have come up about candied limes, so I thot I would post the recipe. I modified the prep slightly to make it easier & more clear. I use the slices mainly to garnish lime-based beverages, desserts or baked goods, but also cut in sml pieces to add color & flavor to trail mix or add as a sml item to add variety & color to gift baskets. There are prob many more uses that have not occurred to me. Time does not include the drying time.
Provided by twissis
Yield 16 slices, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Slice limes into thin rounds, blanch in a pot of boiling water for 2 min & drain.
- In the same pot, combine water & 1 cup sugar. Bring to a simmer & add lime slices. Simmer for 10-15 min, till white pith of limes looks translucent (May take longer if pith is esp thick or dense).
- Drain & spread out on a cooling rack to dry for at least 1 hour.
- Put 2 tbsp sugar in shallow bowl or saucer. When limes are dry, coat both sides of the lime slices by pressing them into the sugar (May need more sugar for good coverage).
- Store in an airtight container & layer between parchment paper or plastic wrap till ready to use. I freeze these when I make a batch & then just take out what I need to use.
CANDIED KEY LIME SLICES
Yield makes enough to garnish one 9-inch tart
Number Of Ingredients 2
- In a 10-inch sauté pan, bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Add lime slices in a single layer, arranging them so they do not overlap. Cook until white pith is translucent, 30 to 40 minutes, turning slices two or three times during cooking. Using a slotted spatula, carefully transfer slices to a wire rack to cool completely before using.
CANDIED LEMON SLICES
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut lemon into 12 paper-thin slices; discard seeds and ends of rind.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, and add lemon slices; stir until softened, about 1 minute. Drain, and immediately plunge slices into ice-water bath. Drain.
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium skillet, swirling to dissolve sugar. When liquid is clear and bubbling, reduce heat to medium-low. Add lemon slices, arranging them in one layer with tongs. Simmer (do not let boil) until rinds are translucent, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment. Let stand until ready to serve. Lemon slices can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day.
This tart and sweet candied citrus is so easy to make, and it adds a zippy pop to drinks, desserts and more. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield About 1 dozen citrus slices.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar and water; bring to a boil. Add citrus slices; reduce heat to medium. Cook until slices are translucent, about 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer until slices are tender but still intact, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally., Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove slices to a wire rack or a parchment-lined baking pan. Let stand at room temperature overnight to dry. (Save syrup for another use.) If desired, cut slices in half; use to decorate a cake, pie or other dessert, or to garnish drinks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 69mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
CANDIED LIME PEEL
- Using a sharp knife, carefully remove any thick white pith from lime peel. Cut peel into thin 2-inch-long strips.
- Bring a medium pot filled with water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath. Add lime peel to boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer lime peel to ice-water bath to cool. Repeat process.
- Heat sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved. Drain lime peel and add to saucepan; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer lime peel to a wire rack set over parchment paper to drain. Toss with superfine sugar to coat. Store candied lime peel in an airtight container up to 3 days.
OVEN CANDIED LEMON SLICES
Great to top pies, tarts, cakes, etc. Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens magazine. You can do this with limes and oranges too.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 1 batch
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Preheat oven to 275*F.
- Liine a 15x10x1" baking pan with parchment paper(or wax paper).
- Cut 2 small lemons crosswise into 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange in a single layer on pan.
- Sprinkle lemon slices with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake in at 275*F. 45-50 minutes or until lemons are almost dry and covered with a sugary glaze. While still warm, loosen slices from paper to prevent sticking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210.3, Fat 0.2, Sodium 1.7, Carbohydrate 55.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 51.4, Protein 0.6
More about "candied lime slices recipes"
CANDIED LEMON AND LIME SLICES - TASTEBOTANICAL - EASY …
Cuisine EnglishEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DecorationTotal Time 10 mins
CANDIED LEMON OR LIME SLICES | COOKSTR.COM
Category PreservingPublished 2016-02-23Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LIME SLICES - THEFOODXP
Calories 12Fat 0 gCarbohydrates 2.9 gProtein 0 g
CANDIED LIME RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CANDY FRUIT SLICES FLAVORS - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES: ZERO WASTE RECIPE
EASY CANDIED LEMON SLICES - KENNETH TEMPLE
CANDIED LIME SLICES RECIPE | SUR LA TABLE
BEST ANNA'S KEY LIME PIE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CANDIED KEY LIMES AND LIME SYRUP - THE WASHINGTON POST
EASY CANDIED LEMON SLICES - HOW TO MAKE CANDIED …
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CANDIED LEMON SLICES - MOON AND SPOON AND YUM
CANDIED ORANGE SLICES – ART OF NATURAL LIVING
CANDIED LEMON SLICES - SAVOR THE BEST
RECIPE FOR CANDIED LIME PEEL – CANDIED PEEL WHERE TO BUY
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES | DESSARTS
CANDIED LEMON SLICES AND LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP - WILL COOK FOR …
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES RECIPE - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
CANDIED LIME SLICES RECIPE RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
CANDIED LEMON SLICES - SEW HISTORICALLY
CANDIED LIME SLICES | RECIPEBOOK
CANDIED LIME RECIPE ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CANDIED LEMON SLICES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
RECIPE FOR CANDIED LIME SLICES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CANDIED LEMON SLICES (SIMPLE & QUICK) - CHEF TARIQ
CANDIED LEMON OR LIME SLICES - PLAIN.RECIPES
CANDIED LIME SLICES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
KEY LIME PIE CUPCAKES WITH CANDIED LIME SLICES - LEXIS ROSE
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED LEMON SLICES - ONE SWEET APPETITE
CANDIED ORANGE SLICES - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
CANDIED LEMON SLICES - HERBS & FLOUR
CANDIED CITRUS SLICES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
CANDIED LIME SLICES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CANDIED LIME SLICES RECIPE | SUR LA TABLE | LIME SLICE RECIPES, …
CANDIED LIME SLICES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | LIME SLICE RECIPES ...
RECIPE CANDIED LEMON SLICES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CANDIED LIME SLICES - YOUTUBE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #condiments-etc #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #low-fat #dietary #gifts #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #garnishes #healthy-2 #low-in-something #citrus #lime #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook with lime slices?Turn off heat and add lime slices, stir gently until softened, about 1 minute. Remove lime slices from water and immediately transfer to ice bath. To a saucepan set over medium-high heat, add sugar and 1 cup of water, bring to a boil.
How do you make lime juice?Slice limes into thin rounds, blanch in a pot of boiling water for 2 min & drain. In the same pot, combine water & 1 cup sugar. Bring to a simmer & add lime slices. Simmer for 10-15 min, till white pith of limes looks translucent (May take longer if pith is esp thick or dense). Drain & spread out on a cooling rack to dry for at least 1 hour.
How do you make candied lime peels?Drain lime peel and add to saucepan; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer lime peel to a wire rack set over parchment paper to drain. Toss with superfine sugar to coat. Store candied lime peel in an airtight container up to 3 days.
How do you boil lime rinds?When mixture is boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and add lime slices, arranging in one layer. Simmer gently until rinds are translucent, 45 to 60 minutes. Carefully transfer lime slices to the wire rack. Let set for at least 1 hour or until the slices have hardened slightly and are no longer sticky.