CANNED APPLE PIE FILLING
- in a large pan, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add salt and water and mix well. Bring to a boil and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and food coloring.
- Sterilize canning jars, lids and rings by boiling them in a large pot of water.
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Pack the sliced apples into hot canning jars, leaving a 1/2 inch headspace.
- Fill jars with hot syrup, and gently remove air bubbles with a knife.
- Put lids on and process in a water bath canner for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 21.1 g
CANNED FRUIT PIE FILLING OR CANNED DESSERT FILLING
This is filling for 4 - 6 pies, very easy, after heating and thickening, water bath for 20 minutes.See other uses listed in recipe.
Provided by Montana Heart Song
Yield 48 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In large stockpot, add berries. With a potato masher,mash down a few times in the pot to release the juice. Add sugar and water.
- Turn heat on low and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Peel and slice apples. Put in a ziplock bag with lemon juice and salt. Shake, Shake, Shake.
- Add rhubarb to the stock pot, mix well and then add the apple mixture. Stir.
- Add instant tapioca. Do not use whole Tapioca.
- Wash pint jars and place in 9x13 pan upside down and add hot water to pan. Heat oven to 250°.
- Fill hot water bath canner with hot water.
- Cover and start the water to boil.
- Increase heat to medium for the stockpot, stir and cook about 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cold water. Stir.
- In bowl, add cold water and cornstarch, stir to dissolve and then stir in hot filling. Stir and cook until thickened and glossy. Pull off the heat.
- Fill jars, leaving 1 1/2 inch head space.
- Stick knife down the side of the jar to eliminate any air pockets. Wipe rim of jars.
- With hot clean damp cloth. Put hot seal on each jar and screw on ring.
- Place filled jars in canning rack, lower into boiling water. Cover. When water starts a rolling boil over the top of lids start to time, 20 minutes. Raise rack, place jars on toweled surface. Be careful.
- Jars are hot and you don't want to click them against each other.
- Note: You may add sugar to taste. This recipe is slightly tart because the family likes it this way.
- Variations of the Pie Filling after Canning:.
- •Open one jar and add 1 cup sour cream. Serve cold or place in pie crust and bake.
- •Open one jar and add 8 oz. cream cheese and mix well. Serve cold with cool whip or fill pie crust and bake.
- •Use a cup or two from a canned jar and use as a swirl filling in bundt cake batter.
- •Use as a filling between baked cake layers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.9, Fat 0.1, Sodium 49.2, Carbohydrate 13.9, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 12.3, Protein 0.1
More about "canned fruit pie filling or canned dessert filling recipes"
10 BEST CANNED PIE FILLING RECIPES - YUMMLY
20 RECIPES USING CANNED PIE FILLING WILL MAKE YOUR …
- Best Pumpkin Pie Dip. You can count all the ingredients in this dip on one hand which makes this Best Pumpkin Pie Dip a snap to put together. Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie filling, cinnamon, and ginger, and let the mixture chill for about 8 hours.
- No-Bake Peach Icebox Cake. Layer up with this three-ingredient easy recipe. Any fewer ingredients and you'll be eating the peach pie filling straight out of the can with a spoon.
- Cheesecake Parfaits with Blueberry Pie Filling. Grab your spoons because these Cheesecake Parfaits with Blueberry Pie Filling are damn delicious! Cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla are beaten until smooth and creamy whipped cream is folded in.
- Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits. Put away that pie crust and take out your cast iron skillet for this dessert recipe. These Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits use pieces of biscuit dough and dip them in cinnamon sugar.
- Best Blueberry Crisp. Crispy and filled with canned blueberry filling, this Best Blueberry Crisp is truly the best! Unlike some fruit crisp recipes that call for a small amount of crunchy topping, this recipe uses canned pie filling bumps up the crisp, making sure each bite is filled with sweet blueberries and browned crisp topping.
- Sour Cherry Fruit Kolache. All of us here at Wide Open Eats have an obsession with this Czech-Texas treat. Make your own Sour Cherry Fruit Kolache at home by mixing up a yeast dough, shaping it into the characteristic round, and stuffing in with a canned sour cherry filling.
- Pumpkin Pie Pull-Apart Bread. Prepare to get your hands a little messy making this Pumpkin Pie Pull-Apart Bread. Start off by mixing together sugar, canned pumpkin pie filling, butter, and a bit of pumpkin spice.
- Apple Pie Dumplings. Move over apple pie, these Apple Pie Dumplings are coming to Thanksgiving. Made with only three ingredients (crescent rolls, canned apple filling, and cinnamon) this dessert is a great dish to bring to your Thanksgiving feast when you would rather watch the parade than spend the day in the kitchen.
- Black Forest Brownie Bars. Give a round of applause to these Black Forest Brownie Bars. Ooey, gooey and dripping with cherry flavor, these bars rival the cake.
- Strawberry Pie Cupcakes. Strawberry pie filling isn't just for pie. Nope, you can use it in all different kinds of recipes-even Strawberry Pie Cupcakes.
DESSERTS MADE WITH CANNED FRUIT | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
COMSTOCK FRUIT PIE FILLING BEST RECIPES
10 BEST CANNED APPLE PIE FILLING DESSERTS RECIPES - YUMMLY
HOW TO CAN BLUEBERRY PIE FILLING - LITTLE SPOON FARM
PIE USING CANNED FRUIT - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
24+ TYPES OF CANNED FRUITS TO HAVE IN THE KITCHEN 2022
11 DROOL-WORTHY RECIPES USING APPLE PIE FILLING
QUICK DESSERTS WITH CANNED APPLE PIE FILLING - THERESCIPES.INFO
20 RECIPES USING CANNED PIE FILLING - COOK CLEAN REPEAT
CANNED CHERRY PIE FILLING COBBLER BEST RECIPES
50 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH CANNED FRUIT - TASTE OF HOME
HOME CANNED PIE FILLINGS - HEALTHY CANNING
FRUIT FILLED PASTRY | SWEET ORDEAL | EASY FRUIT-FILLED DESSERT
10 EASY CANNED CHERRY RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BEST HOMEMADE DESSERTS WITH PIE FILLINGS - MRFOOD.COM
COMSTOCK CANNED PIE FILLING BEST RECIPES
10+ RECIPES USING APPLE PIE FILLING - HOMEMADE IN THE KITCHEN
RECIPES USING PIE FILLING, OTHER THAN PIE! - SHELF COOKING
35 DESSERTS TO MAKE USING PIE FILLING (THAT AREN’T PIE!)
CANNED FRUIT PIE FILLING TRANSFORMED! - SBCANNING.COM
12 DELICIOUS DESSERTS MADE WITH PIE FILLING - LEMON TREE DWELLING
10 BEST CANNED PIE FILLING RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY PIE WITH CANNED FILLING - THE TASTY TIP
HOW TO MAKE CANNED APRICOT PIE FILLING - THE TIPTOE FAIRY
USING PUFF PASTRY AND CANNED PIE FILLING! - FANTABULOSITY
TINNED FRUIT PIE FILLING UK BEST RECIPES
CANNED PIE FILLING DESSERT RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CANNING PIE FILLING CAN BE CHALLENGING. HERE’S OUR TIPS AND TRICKS!
COMSTOCK CANNED PIE FILLING | DUNCAN HINES
37 CANNED PIE FILLING & FRUIT IDEAS | PIE FILLING, CANNING RECIPES ...
NATIONAL CENTER FOR HOME FOOD PRESERVATION | HOW DO I? CAN FRUITS
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY PIE WITH CANNED FILLING
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT DESSERT WITH CANNED CHERRY PIE FILLING
MUG FRUIT PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
COMSTOCK FRUIT FILLING BEST RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE FRESH FRUIT PIE FILLING - SIMPLY SOUTHERN MOM
CANNED FRUIT PIE FILLING BEST RECIPES
DESSERT WITH CANNED PIE FILLING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PIE FILLING MADE WITH CANNED FRUIT RECIPE | FILLING RECIPES, PIE ...
HOW TO MAKE LEMON PIE WITH CANNED FILLING RECIPES
MAKING PIE FILLING FROM FRUIT BEST RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you use canned apples for apple pie filling?Apple Pie with Canned Apples Homemade apple pie is an American classic. The sweet, cinnamon-flavored apples are delicious and the flaky crust just can’t be beat. Using apple pie filling from a can is just as wonderful as using fresh apples. The main difference: it saves so much time!
Can you make a blueberry pie with a can of fruit?Create some magic with a can of blueberry fruit pie filling plus a few easy additions. Your canned blueberry pie filling recipe will taste as if you baked for hours. You are busy. You need an easy blueberry pie recipe that starts with a can of pie filling and premade crust.
What can you use Canned pie filling for?You can use canned pie filling for dump cakes, cobblers, hand pies, cheesecake parfaits, and other crowd pleasing desserts! Scroll down a bit more and you’ll be able to find easy to follow recipes for these desserts. Don’t think twice and give them all a try!
How to bake a cherry pie with filling?Preheat the oven to 350 and let butter melt. In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, and baking powder and mix well. Stir in milk until combined. Once butter is melted, pour batter into pan with butter. Top with dollops of cherry pie filling. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until brown on top.