CARAMEL APPLE SCONES
A drizzle of caramel complements the apple and whole wheat flavors of these rustic-looking scones. -Arlene Cook, Bainbridge, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 scones.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the cream, egg yolk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apple. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. , Pat into a 5-in. circle. Cut into 4 wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with caramel topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 393mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
More about "caramel apple scones recipes"
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- To make the caramel sauce: put the butter, sugar and cream in a pan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens. Add the salt and set aside to cool.
- To make the scones: In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and sugar. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or use your fingertips to rub in the butter, until the mixture resembles fine crumbs, and there are small uneven pieces of butter throughout.
- Peel, core, and finely chop the apple. Add the apples and 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce to the scone mix, reserving the rest to glaze the scones after baking. Add milk, and mix with a rubber spatula or use your hands to make a firm dough. If dough is too crumbly, add more milk as needed. Don’t overmix.
SOFT AND SWEET CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - THE LOVE NERDS
Reviews 2Category BreakfastServings 8Total Time 35 mins
- Grate the frozen butter into the flour mixture. I use my large box grater and a cutting board for grating the butter. Toss butter into the flour mixture and combine it with a pastry cutter, fork, or just your fingers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the creamer, egg, sugar, and vanilla together. Add to the flour mixture and then toss the mixture together until everything appears moist.
DOUBLE APPLE SCONES WITH CARAMEL GLAZE RECIPE - AN …
Reviews 12Category BreadCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five scone ingredients and then mix in the butter pieces just until the mixture is crumbly - you will see some larger butter pieces, which is okay. Stir in the grated apple.
- In another bowl combine eggs, vanilla, and applesauce. Add to the dry ingredients and mix just until all the flour is incorporated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner (or ungreased pan), sprinkle some flour over the center and scrape the dough on top. Pat into a rough circle and divide in half (if it's sticky, sprinkle with a bit of flour). Gently shape each circle into a 5"- 6" round, flouring hands as needed. Use a knife to cut each round into six pieces, flouring knife before each cut.
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - ACCIDENTAL HAPPY BAKER
4.7/5 (14)Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with a nonstick silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Cut the cold butter into small pieces and add the to the flour mixture. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture is coarse and crumbly with no pieces of butter left larger than pea sized.
- Add to this mixture the chopped apple, buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Stir until the liquids are completely incorporated and the mixture begins to come together into a dough.
- Lightly sprinkle flour onto the counter and turn the dough out, kneading it lightly a couple times. Shape the dough into a 9 inch round and place on the baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 wedges. Separate the scones slightly.
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - BAKER BY NATURE
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory BreakfastTotal Time 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 400°(F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat; set aside. In a large bowl combine 2 and 1/2 cups of the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg; mix well, making sure no large clumps of brown sugar remain.
- Cut the butter into small cubes then quickly work it into the mixture (using a pastry cutter or two forks) until it resembles a coarse meal; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, and milk, then add to flour and butter mixture. In a small bowl combine apple cider and apple chunks, then add in the remaining tablespoon of flour and toss to coat. Gently fold the apple chunks, and any remaining flour, into dough with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour the shaggy mixture out onto a clean, floured work surface and shape the dough (you will have to work/knead it quite a bit to get it together) into an 8-inch circle. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and carefully transfer them to the prepared sheet. Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until cooked through and the tops are golden brown. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce, sprinkle with sea salt (if using), and serve at once!
CARAMEL APPLE CINNAMON SCONES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.8/5 (13)Category Breakfast
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Grate the frozen butter using a box grater. Add it to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs. See video above for a closer look at the texture. Place in the refrigerator or freezer as you mix the wet ingredients together.
- Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the flour mixture, add the apples, then mix together until everything appears moistened.
- Pour onto the counter and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball as best you can. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1-2 more Tablespoons heavy cream. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges.
- Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.)
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - RECIPE GIRL
Ratings 1Calories 327 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the apples- stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until apples are softened. Stir in the cinnamon and set the apples aside to cool (or to speed up the cooling process, remove them from the heated pan and into a bowl).
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the butter and mix again until coarse crumbs form (you can also do this step in a food processor). Stir in the yogurt and apples until the dough comes together (it will be dry, so you may need to eventually use your hands). Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form roughly a 14 x 4-inch flattened log. Use a sharp knife to cut triangle-shaped scones (11 or 12). Gently pull the triangles apart and set them on your prepared baking sheet in the same rectangular shape, leaving about 1/2-inch between scones. When they bake, they'll have some room to spread and crowd into each other.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until they are cooked through and no longer doughy in the middle. Let the scones cool for a few minutes, then gently coax them apart with a knife and move them to a rack over a baking sheet.
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES | WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
100% (6)Category BreakfastCuisine American
10 BEST CARAMEL SCONES RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - WERTHER’S ORIGINAL RECIPES
CARAMEL APPLE SCONE RECIPE | BROWN SUGAR FOOD BLOG
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory BreakfastTotal Time 40 mins
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice and whisk together.
- Using a standing cheese grater, grate the cold butter and add to the flour mixture. Use a fork or a pastry cutter to work the butter into the flour mixture until the flour begins to look like large clumps of flour.
- Use the same method and grate two small Honeycrisp apples to the cord. Place the shredded apple in the middle of a clean kitchen towel or heavy-duty paper towel lightly squeeze the liquid just until it’s barely dripping liquid, not completely dry. Add the shredded apple and fold it into the mixture.
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE CINNAMON SCONES - SOMETHING SWEET ...
Reviews 6Category Little Cakes & BakesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Melt the 1 tbsp butter in a small frying pan. Add the diced apple and cook on a low to medium heat for around 5 minutes, until the apple starts to soften and turn lightly golden around the edges. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and cook for a further two minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool down.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt and brown sugar into a large bowl. Add the cold butter and rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre, pour in the vanilla bean paste/extract and double cream and using a butter knife or your hands, combine the mixture until it starts to combine into a soft, slightly sticky dough, remembering the best scones require a light touch!
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE CINNAMON SCONES - DOMESTICALLY BLISSFUL
Estimated Reading Time 6 minsTotal Time 452558 hrs 43 mins
- In a large frypan over medium heat melt 1 tablespoon butter and cook the diced apples until tender, about 4-5 minutes, then mix in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and set to the side to cool.
- Next, preheat your oven to 400° degrees Fahrenheit *(1) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift the 2 & 3/4 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 pinch of salt, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Give the dry ingredients a stir and then use a grater to grate the 1 stick of butter into the dry ingredients.
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Muffins & SconesCalories 375 per serving
- Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the butter and cut in with a fork or pastry blender until the butter is in small pieces. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
SOFT & FLAVORFUL CARAMEL APPLE PECAN SCONES - I AM BAKER
5/5 (2)Total Time 58 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 472 per serving
- Work in the butter just until the mixture is unevenly crumbly; it's OK for some larger chunks of butter to remain unincorporated.
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
Reviews 77Category 120+ Brunch RecipesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- Triple sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl. (If your room temperature is very hot refrigerate the sifted ingredients until cold.)3.
- Rub the frozen grated butter (or combination of fats) into the dry ingredients until it resembles very coarse bread crumbs with some pea-sized pieces if you want flaky scones or until it resembles coarse beach sand if you want tender scones.4.
- Add nearly all of the liquid at once into the rubbed-in flour/fat mixture and mix until it just forms a sticky dough (add the remaining liquid if needed).
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES RECIPE BY THEKIDCHEF - COOKPAD
EASY CARAMEL APPLE SCONES RECIPE FROM H-E-B
Servings 8Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer or SnackCalories 420 per serving
THE BEST CARAMEL APPLE SCONE RECIPE FOR BREAKFAST OR ...
5/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 8Calories 468 per serving
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES | RECIPE | SCONE RECIPE, APPLE SCONES ...
CARAMEL APPLE PIE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES RECIPE - UNCOMMON DESIGNS
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - OUT WEST: FOOD & LIFESTYLE
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES RECIPES
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES RECIPE BY CHRISTINA - COOKPAD
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
CARAMEL APPLE SCONES - THE BAKER CHICK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to Cook Apple scones in oven?Instructions Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C. To make the caramel sauce: put the butter, sugar and cream in a pan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens. To make the scones: In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and sugar. Peel, core, and finely chop the apples.
How do you make caramel scones at home?To make the caramel sauce: put the butter, sugar and cream in a pan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens. Add the salt and set aside to cool. To make the scones: In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and sugar.
What do caramel apple scones taste like?These caramel apple scones are buttery and moist with crisp crumbly edges and soft flaky centers. Crunchy coarse sugar and salted caramel are the perfect finishing touches! Read through the recipe before beginning. You can skip the chilling for 15 minutes prior to baking, but I highly recommend it to prevent the scones from over-spreading.
Can you leave the pecans out of a caramel apple Scone?You can definitely leave out the pecans if you prefer just a caramel apple scone. The perfect fall treat, these Caramel Apple Pecan Scones pair perfectly with a coffee and crisp, morning air!