VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP (FALL APART BEEF!)
Recipe VIDEO above. Melt-in-your-mouth chunks of beef, vegetables and potato in a hearty herb infused broth. You'll love how the soup broth is slightly thickened and the extra flavour the wine or beer adds to the soup (the secret ingredient!). 20 minutes active cook/prep.
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat 1 tbsp oil until very hot in a large, heavy based pot over high heat.
- Pat beef dry with paper towels, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown beef aggressively in 2 or 3 batches, adding more oil if needed. Remove browned beef into a bowl.
- If pot looks dry, add a touch more oil.
- Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot and celery, cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour, then slowly pour in beef broth while constantly stirring.
- Add beer, water, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme, stir well. Then add the beef back in.
- Cover, adjust heat to medium low so it's bubbling gently. Simmer 1 hr 15 min or until beef is pretty tender.
- Add potatoes and peas, simmer for a further 20 minutes without the lid. Add cooked mushrooms in the last 5 minutes.
- The soup is ready when the potatoes are cooked and beef is very tender (see video).
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper in this!).
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread if desired. Try quick Cheesy Garlic Bread or super easy Irish Soda Bread!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 28 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 473 mg, Fiber 6 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
Here's a hearty and satisfying soup that's guaranteed to warm you through and through. Tender chunks of beef and vegetables simmer in a combination of savory beef broth and tomato paste. The result is a homemade soup that's simply delicious.
Provided by Campbell's Kitchen
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips Swanson®
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season the beef as desired.
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, tomato paste and thyme and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 40 minutes or until the beef is tender, adding the green beans and peas for the last 20 minutes of the cooking time. Season as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.7 g, Cholesterol 17.2 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 383.1 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
CARAWAY BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
Progresso® beef broth provides a simple addition to this family-style soup that's packed with bacon, beef and vegetables - a hearty dinner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook bacon in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Add beef; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until brown.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, water, chili sauce and caraway seed. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until beef and barley are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 910 mg
CARAWAY BEEF SOUP
You know how good a sandwich tastes, any sandwich at all, but particularly a roast beef sandwich on rye, with caraway? That's what's going on in this soup. It's what I'd eat if I were a weary, homesick Scandinavian spending time in Texas. Inexpensive, satisfying and, a nice change from Beef and Barley.
Provided by Megohm
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 1 pot of soup, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large pot, saute shin bones or steak in a small amount of oil, until they brown.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- Saute onions, celery and carrots , until they begin to brown, about 5-7 minutes, over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, whatever beef product your little heart has desired, and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for several minutes until some of the "scum" has collected at the top.
- Now is the time to skim, skim, skim! Get rid of those impurities.
- Add all remaining ingredients at this point, let boil for about 5 minutes, then drop to a simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Serve with a good, crusty bread.
OLD WORLD BEEF GOULASH WITH CARAWAY AND ONIONS
Make and share this Old World Beef Goulash With Caraway and Onions recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Camden Cook
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the vegetable oil or drippings in a large dutch oven or casserole dish.
- Add the onions and sautee over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Add garlic, caraway seeds, paprika, brown sugar and continue to cook and stir for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and heat for an additional 2-3 minutes to burn off the sharp flavor.
- Stir in tomatoes and beef stock and heat to a simmer.
- Set the pot aside to simmer over medium heat while browning the beef cubes separately in an another pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a frying pan cook the bacon until softened and pale golden in color.
- Pat the beef cubes dry and add in batches to the bacon mixture.
- Brown the beef on all sides adding the salt, cayenne and black pepper.
- When each batch is browned transfer it to the the dutch oven or casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Remove the dish from the oven and skim off any extra fat from the surface.
- Whisk together the sour cream and flour until well blended and gently stir into the goulash.
- Add parsley for garnish at time of serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 920.1, Fat 53.7, SaturatedFat 20, Cholesterol 273.5, Sodium 1925.6, Carbohydrate 22.3, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 9.6, Protein 84.5
CARAWAY POT ROAST
• Served with colorful carrots and smooth sour cream gravy, Caraway Pot Roast is so tender and flavorful that no one would guess it's an "economical" main dish. Violet Beard of Marshall, Illinois shared the recipe.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat; drain. In a large bowl, combine the onions, carrots, cider, caraway seeds, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender., Remove roast and vegetables; keep warm. Strain pan juices into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat; add enough water to measure 2 cups. Return to Dutch oven. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream and remaining salt and pepper. Serve with roast and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calories, Fat 22g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 121mg cholesterol, Sodium 309mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
PHIL AND TONY'S KILLER CARAWAY BEEF TENDERLOIN
This is a simple yet highly delicious fillet mignon recipe. Caraway seed, coarsely ground kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper gives this delicious cut of beef a nutty taste explosion - and its easy to do!
Provided by NASDAQPHIL
Categories Everyday Cooking
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Place tenderloin filet on a flat dish and sprinkle both sides with garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle on the caraway seeds on both sides as well. Next, sprinkle on the kosher salt. Press all of the seasonings into the meat, so that it all sticks well. Rub the filet all over the plate to pick up any loose seasoning.
- Grill the filet on both sides, about 2 minutes each side, to sear in the flavors and bring out the nutty flavor of the caraway seeds. After searing, lower the temperature of your grill to medium heat and cook for about 6 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your filet.
- As your filet is cooking at the lower temperature, sprinkle on more kosher salt and caraway seed to taste. Cook to desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 85.7 mg, Fat 20.8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 59.5 mg
CARAWAY BEEF ROAST
Meet the Cook: It seems there aren't many beef roasts that are both extra-special and extra-easy. This one is, though. There have been many Sundays when I've put it in the oven as we're walking out the door to go to church and had no trouble getting it on the table right around noon. Over the years, many men have requested that I copy the recipe for their wives. "I love the gravy!" they'll say. My husband's a farmer, and we have five children - all of them now grown. -Beverly Swanson, Red Oak, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. , In a small bowl, combine the hot water and bouillon; add the ketchup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, caraway, salt and pepper. Pour over roast. Add bay leaves. , Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until tender. Remove roast to serving platter; keep warm. , In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into pan juices; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, adding water to thin if necessary. Discard bay leaves. Serve with cooked potatoes and carrots if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 415mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein.
More about "caraway beef and vegetable soup recipes"
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - EASY GROUND BEEF SOUP
CARAWAY SEED SOUP - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
CARAWAY SOUP - RECIPES - PAGE 3 | COOKS.COM
CABBAGE SOUP WITH CARAWAY RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
QUICK VEGETABLE GROUND BEEF SOUP - I WASH YOU DRY
POTATO FENNEL SOUP - A VEGAN RECIPE | GREEDY GOURMET
CLASSIC VEGETABLE AND BEEF SOUP: A WINTER WONDERLAND OF …
CZECH CARAWAY SOUP RECIPE - COOK LIKE CZECHS
OLD-FASHIONED HEARTY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP RECIPE
BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP | FAREWAY
ORANGE AND CARAWAY BRAISED BEEF - RICARDO CUISINE
10 BEST COOKING WITH CARAWAY SEEDS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GROUND BEEF AND VEGETABLE GOULASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARAWAY BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP | RECIPE | BEEF SOUP RECIPES, …
RECIPE FOR BEST EVER BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - DINNER AT THE ZOO
RUSTIC VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - GIMME SOME OVEN
BEET SOUP WITH CARAWAY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BEET SOUP WITH CARAWAY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SOUP CARAWAY - RECIPES - PAGE 3 | COOKS.COM
CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE SOUP WITH CARAWAY CROUTONS
BEETROOT AND CARAWAY SOUP - VEGETARIAN SOCIETY
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP WITH CABBAGE - PERFECT DESCRIPTION
CARAWAY SEEDS IN SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
KRAUT SOUP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARAWAY SEED SOUP HUNGARIAN - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
SAUTéED BEEF CABBAGE AND RICE - BUDGET BYTES
HUNGARIAN BEEF-AND-POTATO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make vegetarian beef soup?How to Make Vegetable Beef Soup. Add another 1 Tbsp oil to now empty pot then add onions, carrots, and celery then saute 3 minutes, add garlic saute 1 minute longer. Pour in broth, tomatoes, browned beef, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer,...
How to cook beef stew?In a large pot over medium heat, combine the beef broth and beef stew cubes. Bring the broth to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer until the beef is fork-tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add the canned corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste to the pot and mix to combine.
How do you cook beef cubes in a soup pot?Instructions 1 Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet. ... 2 Working in batches, add a single layer of beef cubes to the skillet and sear on all sides, adding additional oil when necessary. ... 3 In a large soup pot, bring the stock or broth to a simmer. ... More items...
How to make corned beef soup?Heat olive oil in a 6-quart dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes (stirring frequently). Add garlic and caraway seeds and cook until garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently (about 30 seconds). Add broth, corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, bay leaves and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil.