CARROT CAKE SUPREME WITH BUTTERMILK GLAZE AND CREAM CHEESE FROST
I found this recipe in a Southern Living cookbook and it is the BEST!!! I am a custom cake baker and decorator and am always hunting for great cake recipes. I know it looks intimidating, as the recipe has 3 parts: Cake, Glaze and Frosting...that's why there's soo many ingredients listed. Every time I make this cake people literally go crazy...I've even had a marriage proposal over this one! Watch out people...you might just get yourself hitched.
Provided by sunnybono
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- For Cake:.
- Grease three 8 or 9-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- In your mixing bowl, beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Buttermilk Glaze:.
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium to large saucepan.
- Boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly until glaze is golden.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and cool slightly.
- Drizzle warm buttermilk glaze evenly over warm cake layers; cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans, inverting layers. Peel parchment; invert again, glaze side up.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Deluxe Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Frost with Deluxe Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top of sides of cake.
- Chill cake several hours before slicing.
- Store in the refrigerator.
CARROT CAKE SUPREME
- Cream the oil, carrots, sugar, pineapple, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add pecans and coconut.
- Combine dry mix with creamed mix.
- Pour into lightly greased 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake the cake at 325 degrees for 40-60 minutes.
- Cake icing:.
- Cream all the ingredients together until creamy. Toast some nuts and coconut and add to creamed mixture.Spread on cooled cake.
- Decorate as desired.
SAM'S FAMOUS CARROT CAKE
My Grandfather (Sam) was famous for this cake. Everyone who knew him, knows of his famous carrot cake. He would always have some available for anyone who wanted it. We'll miss him, but his carrot cake legacy will always live on! Enjoy!
Provided by Brian D'Amico
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x12 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins.
- Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well.
- Pour into prepared 8x12 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Check with toothpick.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374.3 calories, Carbohydrate 48.7 g, Cholesterol 37.7 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 259.4 mg, Sugar 31.4 g
SURPRISE CARROT CAKE
A cousin gave me this carrot cake recipe. It's a wonderful potluck pleaser with its "surprise" cream cheese center. My husband and our two young children love it, too! -Lisa Bowen, Little Britian, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, beat the carrots, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into carrot mixture until blended. Stir in the pecans. Pour 3 cups batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan., In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg. Spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter. , Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 570 calories, Fat 30g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 92mg cholesterol, Sodium 442mg sodium, Carbohydrate 71g carbohydrate (55g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
This creamy carrot casserole is always a hit. An easy-to-fix but very special side dish, it goes well with almost any meat or poultry. Even though I serve these dressed-up-carrots often, my family still requests them for Christmas dinner.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Drain carrots; add onion, soup, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese. , Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 420mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
AWESOME CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in eggs, oil, 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, pineapple and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, Neufchatel cheese, 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla. Beat until smooth, then stir in 1 cup chopped pecans. Spread on cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.2 calories, Carbohydrate 46.5 g, Cholesterol 48.3 mg, Fat 19.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 259.8 mg, Sugar 36.3 g
Carrot Cake is one of those classic recipes that works so well for any celebration. The bright orange color offset by creamy white frosting makes Carrot Cake the star of any dessert tray. As the name implies, the shredded carrots give this easy Carrot Cake recipe its bright color, but the taste is subtle. Warm cinnamon and vanilla help create a swoon-worthy flavor as you bite into the moist, dense cake. One of the best parts of Carrot Cake is the famous sweet-and-tangy cream cheese frosting. Follow our homemade recipe, or save time, and substitute Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting instead.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of one 13x9-inch pan or two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans with shortening; lightly flour. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until blended. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the salt; beat on low speed 1 minute. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into pan(s).
- Bake 13x9-inch pan 40 to 45 minutes, round pans 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool rectangle in pan on cooling rack. Cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable. Frost 13x9-inch cake or fill and frost round layers with frosting. Sprinkle nutmeg on frosted cake, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 5, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 230 mg, Sugar 27 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "carrot cake supreme recipes"
CARROT CAKE SUPREME - OUR BEST BITES
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla on high speed until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until combined. Fold in the carrots. Fold in the pineapple, coconut, and pecans (if using). Divide the batter evenly among the pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a pick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- While the cakes are baking, prepare the buttermilk glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the warm cakes and then cool the cakes completely on a wire rack. When the cakes are cool, tear four thin strips of parchment or wax paper or aluminum foil and make a square on the serving plate. Place one layer on top of the square. Prepare the cream cheese frosting and spread some frosting on the bottom layer of the cake. Place another layer on top of the frosted layer. Frost the entire cake with cream cheese frosting and decorate with coconut and chopped pecans if desired. For best presentation, refrigerate overnight before serving.
CARROT CAKE SUPREME | RECIPES | PIZZA TODAY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
THE MOST AMAZING CARROT CAKE BUNDT | AMY TREASURE
CARROT CAKE SUPREME | WEBKINZ WIKI | FANDOM
GREEN'S SUPREME CARROT CAKE – GREEN’S BAKING
CARROT CAKE WITH CREAMY SUPREME FROSTING - JUDY'S …
DUNCAN HINES CARROT CAKE WITH PINEAPPLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARROT CAKE SUPREME - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CARROT CAKE SUPREME – RECIPE CLIPPING « RECIPECURIO.COM
CARROT CAKE SUPREME - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CARROT CAKE SUPREME - MOTHER LINDA'S
SUPER MOIST™ CARROT CAKE RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
SUPER MOIST CARROT CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CLAIRE SAFFITZ’ CARROT CAKE—AND WHY OIL-BASED CAKES REIGN SUPREME
SUPREME CARROT CAKE - NOVALI
CARROT CAKE SUPREME WITH BUTTERMILK GLAZE AND CREAM CHEESE …
CARROT CAKE SUPREME, A RECIPE — BEYOND THE INTERVIEW
THE ULTIMATE CARROT CAKE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
CARROT CAKE SUPREME - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
DUNCAN HINES CARROT CAKE SUPREME - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
THE ULTIMATE CARROT CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SUPER MOIST CARROT CAKE - LITTLE SPOON FARM
DELUXE CARROT CAKE SUPREME - KETO WITH COURT
BUNDT CARROT CAKE SUPREME RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CARROT SHEET CAKE SUPREME - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
THE ULTIMATE CARROT CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BUTTERMILK GLAZE MAKES THIS CARROT CAKE THE BEST YOU’LL EVER EAT
CARROT CAKE SUPREME WITH BUTTERMILK GLAZE AND CREAM CHEESE …
CARROT CAKE SUPREME RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
THE MOST AMAZING CARROT CAKE - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
FLORA'S RECIPE HIDEOUT: CARROT CAKE SUPREME
ULTIMATE CARROT CAKE - SUPREME FLOUR
CARROT CAKE SUPREME - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
BEST CARROT CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CARROT CAKE SUPREME | CARROT CAKE, BAKING, CAKE
THE BEST CARROT CAKE RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
#time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #cakes #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love