CARROT CAKE WITH GINGER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch-round cake pans with cooking spray; line the bottoms with parchment paper. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then finely chop.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt onto a large piece of parchment (or into a medium bowl). Beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium high and add the eggs, one at a time; beat until light and smooth, about 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low; add the applesauce, orange zest and vanilla and beat until just smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Add the carrots and 3/4 cup walnuts and beat until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool 10 minutes in the pans, then remove to the rack to cool completely; remove the parchment. (The cake layers can be made a day ahead; let cool completely, then wrap in plastic wrap.)
- Make the frosting: Peel the ginger and grate onto a piece of cheesecloth. Wrap in the cheesecloth and squeeze the juice into a small bowl (you should get about 1 tablespoon). Add the orange juice and vanilla to the bowl. Beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in the juice mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat until smooth, about 2 more minutes.
- Place 1 cake layer on a platter, rounded-side down. Spread with 1 cup frosting, then top with the second cake layer, rounded-side down. Cover the top and sides with the remaining frosting. Press the remaining walnuts into the sides of the cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
GINGER CARROT CAKE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches, with shortening. Toss 1 tablespoon flour and the ginger to coat; set aside. In large bowl, beat all remaining Carrot Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Stir in carrots and ginger-flour mixture. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until smooth. Gradually stir in powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth and spreadable. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting on cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520, Carbohydrate 63 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 5 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 370 mg
GINGER CARROT CAKE
In the February 1995 issue of Better Homes and Gardens this recipe is proclaimed to be the BEST carrot cake ever!
Provided by Galley Wench
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs' stir in carrot, oil, dried fruit bits, and ginger.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Orange-Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- In a large bowl combine, cream cheese, butter and orange juice or brandy.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradully add 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, beating until mixed.
- Gradually beat in enough of the additional 2 3/4 cups sifter powdered sugar to make of spreading consistency.
- Stir in finely shredded orange peel.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE:.
- Fill and frost cake layers with frosting.
- If desired press toasted pecans onto the side of the cake.
- Cover loosely and store cake or any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
CARROT AND GINGER CAKE
A deliciously moist cake
Provided by siwwysome
Yield Makes Cake
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat oven to 150 deg C, 300 deg F, Gas mark 2
- Place sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda, vegetable oil and eggs in a large bowl, and beat well
- Add grated carrot, sultanas and ginger, mix well to form a runny batter.
- Pour into 1lb loaf tin and bake until firm - about an hour
GERMAN CARROT-HAZELNUT CAKE
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites and salt using an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup hot water at medium-high speed until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 2/3 cup sugar; beat 3 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Stir the carrots and next 7 ingredients into the yolk mixture; fold in egg white mixture.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 50 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove sides of pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make Chocolate Glaze: combine sugar and cocoa; stir in water until spreading consistency.
- Spread top and sides of cake with Chocolate Glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3878.2, Fat 153.2, SaturatedFat 17.7, Cholesterol 1057.5, Sodium 1267.8, Carbohydrate 569.5, Fiber 35.9, Sugar 464.4, Protein 77.8
More about "carrot hazelnut and ginger cake recipes"
GINGERED CARROT CAKE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
PEAR, GINGER & HAZELNUT CAKE RECIPE | CAKE RECIPES - SBS
GINGER CARROT CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
NIGELLA CARROT CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
GINGER TURMERIC CARROT CAKE (GLUTEN-FREE, LOW-CARB) - FURTHER FOOD
CARROT AND HAZELNUT CAKE: THE RECIPE FOR A SOFT AND …
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr
- Collect the hazelnuts and carrots, cut into chunks, in a fairly powerful kitchen mixer (1) and blend until you will have obtained a fine and homogeneous mixture.
- Transfer the eggs and sugar to a bowl and work them with a whisk until you will have obtained a light and fluffy mixture (2).
CARROT, HAZELNUT AND GINGER CAKE COURTESY OF MARIO BATALI
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CARROT, HAZELNUT & COCONUT CAKE | COMMUNITY RECIPES - NIGELLA.COM
HOMEMADE GOURMET CARROT CAKE WITH HAZELNUTS AND ALMOND RECIPE
MOIST CARROT AND HAZELNUT CAKE - HOW IT WORKS
CARROT CAKE WITH HAZELNUTS AND ORANGE - THE CHESTNUT CANDLE
PARSNIP, HAZELNUT AND STEM GINGER LOAF CAKE – A BAKERS ESCAPE
CARROT GINGER CAKE | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
HAZELNUT CARROT CAKE - DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY BY MAYA
HAZELNUT CARROT CAKE RECIPE
CARROT, HAZELNUT, AND GINGER CAKE | THE CHEW RECIPES, SWEET TOOTH ...
GINGER AND WALNUT CARROT CAKE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
MY CARROT, HAZELNUT, AND GINGER CAKE | GINGER CAKE, COOKING …
GERMAN CARROT-HAZELNUT CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARROT AND HAZELNUT CAKE: THE RECIPE FOR A SOFT AND FRAGRANT DESSERT ...
CARROT AND GINGER CAKE RECIPE
CARROT HAZELNUT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE - EAT …
CARROT + HAZELNUT CAKE W TAHINI BUTTERCREAM — LADY HESTER
RECIPE: GINGER, CARROT, HAZELNUT CAKE WITH MOLASSES FROSTING
GINGERED CARROT CAKE - RECIPE GIRL
GINGER-COCONUT CARROT CAKE - TARA TEASPOON
HEALTHY CARROT CAKE OVERNIGHT OATS - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
APPLE CARROT HAZELNUT CAKE - BLUEBERRY GINGER
HAZELNUT CARROT CAKE - DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY BY MAYA
GERMAN CARROT HAZELNUT CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CARROT GINGER HAZELNUT CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
PARSNIP & CARROT CAKE WITH WALNUTS & GINGER - HOMEGROWN …
CARROT HAZELNUT CAKE WITH BLACK TEA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
SPICED CARROT CAKE WITH FRESH CRANBERRIES AND MASCARPONE
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CARROT-HAZELNUT CAKE | VIDEO RECIPE THE …
GINGER AND VANILLA CARROT CAKE - FUNKYFORTY
GINGER CARROT CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HAZELNUT AND CARROT CAKE - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
CARROT & GINGER CAKE - THE DESSERTED GIRL
HAZELNUT CARROT CAKE [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
CARROT CAKE WITH GINGER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - SWEET & SORREL
MY CARROT, HAZELNUT, AND GINGER CAKE - MASTERCOOK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make ginger and carrot cake mix?Combine the flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and fork to mix together. Beat the sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl. Stir in the flour mixture. (At this point, the mixture may seem stiff, but the carrots will add moisture.) Fold in the carrots, walnuts and crystallized ginger.
How do you make carrot cake with baking powder?Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and salt together in a bowl. Beat the sugar, eggs and oil in another large bowl until they are completely mixed together, then gradually add the flour mixture. At this stage the mixture may seem alarmingly stiff, but the carrots will loosen it up.
How do you add crystalized ginger to cake batter?Add the crystallized ginger and salt and beat for 30 seconds more. Grate the carrots by hand on a box grater; if you grate them in a food processor, the carrots will be too wet and the cake might fall. For this episode, Ina added 1/4 cup chopped crystalized ginger to the batter.
What is the best recipe to make cookies with carrots?Combine the flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and fork to mix together. Beat the sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl. Stir in the flour mixture. (At this point, the mixture may seem stiff, but the carrots will add moisture.)