AWESOME CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in eggs, oil, 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, pineapple and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, Neufchatel cheese, 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla. Beat until smooth, then stir in 1 cup chopped pecans. Spread on cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.2 calories, Carbohydrate 46.5 g, Cholesterol 48.3 mg, Fat 19.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 259.8 mg, Sugar 36.3 g
OLD-FASHIONED CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
A pleasingly moist cake, this treat is the one I requested that my mom make each year for my birthday. It's dotted with sweet carrots and a hint of cinnamon. The fluffy buttery frosting is scrumptious with chopped walnuts stirred in. One piece of this homemade carrot cake is never enough-better than all the other carrot cakes recipes I've tried!-Kim Orr, West Grove, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; beat into egg mixture. Stir in carrots., Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in another large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve desired spreading consistency. Reserve 1/2 cup frosting for decorating if desired. If desired, stir walnuts into remaining frosting. , Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If decorating the cake, tint 1/4 cup reserved frosting orange and 1/4 cup green. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #7 round pastry tip. Fill the bag with orange frosting. Pipe twelve carrots on top of cake, so each slice will have a carrot. Using #67 leaf pastry tip and the green frosting, pipe a leaf at the top of each carrot. , Store cake in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531 calories, Fat 28g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 203mg sodium, Carbohydrate 68g carbohydrate (54g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CARROT ICE CREAM CAKE
- For the Carrot Cake:
- In a kitchen aid bowl, with paddle attachment, add the oil and sugar. Mix well, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and mix. Once the eggs are mixed, sift the dry ingredients and add to the bowl. Mix until incorporated. When the flour has been mixed, add the carrots, drained pineapple and nuts. Mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Pour the mixture onto a full sized sheet pan that has been lined with a silpat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes, rotating at the halfway point.
- Cool the cake to room temperature then place in the freezer to chill.
- For the Cheese Ice Cream:
- Place the milk, cream, half of the sugar, glucose and salt in a saucepan. Bring it to a simmer.
- While this is heating, crack the yolks, and place the other half of the sugar to the side.
- Place the cheese in a bain marie that has an ice bath nearby.
- Once the milks are hot, whisk the sugar into the yolks, temper the eggs with the hot milk, and stir. Place it back in the pan, and onto medium heat. Cook the ice cream until thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Pour the anglaise into the bain marie, over the cheese. Allow it to cool completely, then burmix the anglaise and strain it through a fine sieve. Pour into your ice cream machine and chill in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- For the Carrot Ice Cream:
- Begin by peeling and juicing approximately 30 carrots. Using a juicer, juice the carrots to yield 2 liters juice. Cook the carrot juice until reduced to about 17 to 18 ounces. It should have become thick.
- Juice 1 pineapple with a juicer and then just like the carrot juice, cook it until reduced to 3 1/2 ounces.
- To begin the ice cream, place the milk and cream in a saucepan. Mix together the sugar, dry milk, dry glucose and stabilizer. Whisk it into the milks. Cook the mixture to 185 degrees F.
- While the mixture is heating pour the carrot juice and pineapple into a bain marie with an ice bath. Pour the mixture over the juices and cool completely.
- Strain through a chinois and put in ice cream machine. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- For the Pineapple Chips:
- With the left over pulp from the grated pineapple from the carrot cake, place it into the blender and puree. Pat the chips out onto a silpat and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees F.
- Place the chips into the oven for at least 2 hours.
- Once the chips are dry, take the chips out of the oven, and turn the temperature up.
- Using a small wooden dowel, heat the chips until pliable and roll the chips around the dowel and then pull them off. Cool, set aside.
- For the Pineapple Sauce:
- Using fresh Pineapple, peel 2 pineapples, cut them up and remove the core. Place it into the blender and puree until smooth. Strain the puree through a chinois. Mix the sugar, pectin and salt. In a pan combine the puree with the sugar and pectin and add the vanilla.
- Cook on medium heat until thick, approximately 3 minutes after it comes to a simmer.
- Strain the sauce and put into a bain marie to cool completely. Place in a squeeze bottle.
- For the White Chocolate Spray:
- Heat the cocoa butter until melted in the microwave. Heat the white chocolate separately in the microwave until melted. Now that the 2 are melted, burmix them together and mix in the vanilla and salt. Strain through a chinois. Keep in a warm place until ready to spray your cake.
- For the Fondant Sugar Work:
- Place the glucose and fondant together in a small pan, and cook until pale golden. Pour it into a small glass bowl. Allow to cool but not set up.
- For the Hickory Nut Sugar Spears:
- While cooling pierce 6 hickory nuts with toothpicks. Place a piece of masking tape up on the edge of a table or the edge of a shelf. Dip the nut into the sugar and stick the toothpick into the masking tape so that it can hang and the sugar drips and it cools. Cut it however long you want your spear.
- Assemble the cake:
- Now that the cake is frozen, cut out pieces of cake using a 6-inch cake ring. With large cookie cutters cut out 2 more circles that are 4 inches in diameter. Place the cake ring on a cardboard that is the same size. Line the ring with a piece of acetate. Place the largest piece of cake on the bottom.
- Paddle the cheese ice cream in a kitchen aid bowl to soften it. Place it into a piping bag and pipe around the base of the cake and all the way up the sides of the ring. Just so the sides of the ring are covered with ice cream. Allow it to chill 5 minutes.
- Paddle the carrot ice cream the same way, and place it into a piping bag.
- Pipe a layer of ice cream over the cake. Place it into the freezer 10 minutes.
- Place another layer of cake, and repeat with ice cream. Place it into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pipe a thin layer of pineapple sauce over the ice cream. Allow to freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pipe a layer of cheese ice cream over the sauce. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Place the last cake over, and pipe the cheese ice cream on the top to finish. With an off-set long metal spatula, smooth out the top. Allow the cake to freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Once frozen, pull out the cake, remove the ring and the acetate. Smooth out the sides.
- Prepare to spray the cake with the white chocolate spray.
- Once the cake is sprayed, place it into the freezer while tempering chocolate.
- Temper chocolate and spread onto transfer sheet, cut as desired. Place the tempered chocolate on the outside of the cake, adhering it by using honey. Garnish the top with pineapple sauce and hickory nut spears.
- Serve with pineapple sauce.
CARROT ICE CREAM PIE
This refreshing dessert tastes a little bit like orange sherbet. I make several pies at a time and keep them on hand in the freezer. My guests are always surprised to learn they're eating carrots!-Bethel Anderson, St. James, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. , Meanwhile, place lemonade concentrate, carrots and sugar in a food processor or blender; cover and process until carrots are finely chopped and mixture is blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in ice cream until well blended. Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM
Carrot cake is one of the best cake flavours...well at least after chocolate. :) I took my love for carrot cake and my love for ice cream to create the perfect combo...carrot cake ice cream! To make the ice cream a little lighter, use 1 1/2 cups skim or 2% evaporated milk instead of heavy cream or half and half. This makes the ice cream not quite as creamy, but (at least when made in an ice cream maker) it does not freeze solid like some low fat homemade ice creams. An ice cream maker is optional for this recipe.-----Recipe made by me for RSC #10!
Provided by LUv 2 BaKE
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook about 1 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots in the microwave or stovetop until soft. Blend in food processor or blender with enough water or milk to make a puree. Measure out 3/4 cup carrot puree, set aside.
- Heat the 1 cup of heavy cream with the brown sugar in a medium size saucepan on medium heat, stirring often.
- When cream mixture is hot, whisk vigorously while adding the gelatin powder. Add in raisins (only if using an ice cream maker) and cream cheese and continue to heat for about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Pour hot mixture into a large glass bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in evaporated milk (or heavy cream or half and half), and pureed carrot.
- Chill in fridge for about 1 hour or 1/2 hour in freezer, till ice cream mixture is cold. The ice cream mixture will be thicker at this point.
- ICE CREAM MAKER: Follow manufacturer's directions, adding chopped pecans near the end of the freezing process.
- FREEZER METHOD: *Note - this method will take longer than the listed time to make*. Skip the previous chill step. Add in raisins and pecans. Pour ice cream mixture in a covered shallow pan and freeze until almost solid. Break up frozen mixture and process in food processor or blender until soft (this incorporates air into the ice cream). Repeat 1 to 2 more times.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 48.1, Sodium 148.7, Carbohydrate 36.1, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 31.9, Protein 6.2
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM
This combines some of my favorite tastes - carrot cake with tangy cream cheese frosting & ice cream. This recipe is one that requires advance preparation of the nummy things to go into the Philadelphia-style ice cream base (named for the uncooked base not because of the cream cheese). With good mise en place this should come together nicely & be a star dessert. Found in the LA Times Food & Drink Weekly Guide. ***Assemble this to freeze several hours before serving. Take from freezer 15 minutes before scooping (gauge based on how warm your room is of course)****prep & cook time do not include chill & freeze time. I plan to chill base overnight to make life better.
Provided by Busters friend
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Spiced pecans:.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the pecans with the butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, cloves, brown sugar and salt. Pour the mixture over the pecans and toss to coat completely.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and cook for 12 minutes, gently stirring halfway during baking to candy the nuts. Remove the tray to a rack and cool the nuts completely. Once cool, coarsely chop the pecans. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the currants and whiskey until boiling. Simmer until the currants have absorbed almost all of the liquid. Remove from heat and cover the pan. Set aside to cool completely.
- Candied carrots:.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the carrots, sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to a low boil and cook until the syrup is reduced to about 2 tablespoons and the carrots are translucent and candied, 20 to 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the carrots during the last few minutes so they do not burn. Drain the carrots and set aside to cool.
- Ice cream base and assembly:.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and lemon zest until smooth. Chill thoroughly.
- Freeze the base in an ice cream maker. After churning, gently fold in the spiced pecans, soaked currants and candied carrot cubes. Freeze until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3847.1, Fat 235.1, SaturatedFat 108.4, Cholesterol 431.8, Sodium 1430.9, Carbohydrate 412.1, Fiber 19.8, Sugar 344.2, Protein 40.9
CARROT CAKE WITH CHAI-FLAVORED CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
The best carrot cake!
Provided by Kasmira Bresett
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk brown sugar, oil, applesauce, and white sugar together in a separate bowl. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Switch to a large rubber spatula and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add dry ingredients in 3 parts, gently stirring until incorporated and batter is smooth. Stir in carrots and raisins. Divide batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops of the cakes spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the pans for 15 minutes before turning out onto cooling racks to cool completely, about 30 minutes. If you find that a cake layer is stuck to the bottom of the pan, leave the cake pan upside down and allow gravity to do its thing.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer browned butter to a bowl. Add cream cheese and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until desired taste and consistency.
- Frost cooled cake with cream cheese frosting and toasted pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.5 calories, Carbohydrate 56.2 g, Cholesterol 61.7 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 248 mg, Sugar 43.1 g
More about "carrot ice cream cake recipes"
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE RECIPE | BETTER HOMES …
DAIRY-FREE CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE (VEGAN, …
CLASSIC CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - ONCE …
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM - NUTMEG NANNY
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
Reviews 99Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 12
- Make the Ice Cream: Beat cream cheese until smooth with a hand mixer. Beat in sweetened condensed milk. Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and stir in vanilla. Fold in Cool Whip. Place in a sealable container and freeze until hardened, overnight is best.
- Make the Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 6” round cake pans or one 9” round cake pan.
- Stir together eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir in sugars. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and stir until they are just mixed in. Add flour and stir until smooth. Stir in pecans and carrots.
- Pour batter evenly into pans (or into the one 9” pan). I used to 6” round pans, but this batter should fit into a 9” pan. Fill about 2/3 full.
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - EAGLE BRAND
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ICE CREAM CARROT CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
LAYERED CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - AVERIE COOKS
VEGAN CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE | VEGAN RICHA
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
TASTES JUST LIKE CARROT CAKE...IN ICE CREAM FORM! - SPICED
CARROT ICE CREAM CAKE – RECIPES NETWORK
CREAMY CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - BUUCK FARMS BAKERY
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - FEASTING ON FRUIT
CARROT ICE CREAM CAKE - PLAIN.RECIPES
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
DRUMSTICK® MINI DRUMS™ CARROT CAKE | RECIPES | ICECREAM.COM
STARCHEFS - CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM | ALYSSA LIEBERMAN OF NEW CITY ...
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM - FLOURING KITCHEN
CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING - VJ COOKS
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM - BAKING SENSE®
CARROT ICE CREAM CAKE - LUNCH RECIPES
BEST MOIST CARROT CAKE RECIPE (CREAM CHEESE FROSTING) - COOKIN' …
CARROT CAKE - THE BEST CARROT CAKE RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
EASY CARROT CAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM ICING - SOULFULLY MADE
EASY CARROT CAKE - THE RECIPE REBEL
CARROT ICE CREAM CAKE - FOOD NETWORK
CARROT CAKE BATTER ICE CREAM RECIPE | SALT & STRAW
CARROT-PECAN ICE CREAM CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM - KITCHEN MEETS GIRL
EASY HOMEMADE CARROT CAKE | BEYOND FROSTING
NINJA CREAMI CARROT CAKE ICE CREAM
You'll also love