- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beating well, then stir in the sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in cashew pieces. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until butter turns a light brown color, be careful not to burn it. Remove from heat and stir in the cream. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.5 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 21.4 mg, Fat 9.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 136.4 mg, Sugar 10.8 g
FROSTED CASHEW COOKIES
We savor these cookies every Christmas, but they're special year-round with coffee or tucked into a lunch box. I won a ribbon with these cookies at my county fair.-Sheila Wyum, Rutland, North Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cashews. , Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. , For the frosting, lightly brown butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat; add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until thick and smooth. Frost cookies. Top each with a cashew half if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 381mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CASHEW BUTTER COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, white sugar, and vanilla extract together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add cashew butter, brown sugar, egg, and milk to the butter mixture; beat until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated into a dough.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange onto a baking sheet. Lightly press a fork into the top of the balls to make a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 18 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 107.1 mg, Sugar 8.7 g
CASHEW COOKIES WITH BURNED BUTTER FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease the cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, beating well.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the cashew pieces.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting:.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until it turns a light brown color, being careful not to burn it.
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread onto cooled cookies.
QUICK CASHEW COOKIES WITH BROWN BUTTER ICING
Looking for a dessert made using refrigerated sugar cookie dough? Then check out these cashew-filled cookies topped with brown butter icing. Ready in 40 minutes.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in cashews and white chocolate chunks. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets; place on wire racks.
- While cookies are baking, in 1-quart saucepan, cook butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until light golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining icing ingredients until smooth.
- On top of warm cookies, immediately spoon about 1 teaspoon icing (if icing becomes too thick, reheat over low heat).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 65 mg, Sugar 14 g, TransFat 1 g
Some merry dairy snacking is guaranteed when you pass out these cashew-packed goodies! I found the recipe years ago in a flier promoting dairy products. It's been this farm wife's standby ever since. —June Lindquist, Hammond, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 5 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Stir in chopped cashews. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, lightly brown butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Frost cookies; top each with a cashew half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 85mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "cashew cookies with burned butter frosting recipes"
CASHEW COOKIES WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING - TARA …
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 270 per serving
- Heat oven to 375ºF. In a mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add sour cream, egg and vanilla and beat until lightened, about 1 minute.
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, oats and cashews). Add the dry ingredients to the sugar and butter mixture and mix until combined. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl to incorporate everything evenly.
- Drop 1 inch domes of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until golden around the edges and just barely set in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
CASHEW COOKIES WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING - LIVING ON …
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (170°C). Line baking tray with parchment paper, if desired. Beat brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream to butter-sugar mixture, beating on low speed until combined. Fold in cashews.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until cookies are golden brown. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- For the frosting: For the frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Continue to heat the butter, swirling occasionally, until the sediments (solids at the bottom of the pan) turn golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar, vanilla extract or vanilla sugar and milk. Immediately spread/spoon the brown butter frosting over the cookies. Top with a cashew half. The frosting can get a bit weird and separate but don’t worry. You can whisk in a little more powdered sugar and milk and that will bring it back.
CASHEW COOKIES WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING | MY …
Reviews 58Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 24
BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (2)Calories 130 per servingServings 1.5
4 INGREDIENT PALEO VEGAN CASHEW BUTTER COOKIES …
5/5 (9)Category Healthy DessertsServings 15Total Time 32 mins
4 INGREDIENTS CASHEW FROSTING (SUGAR-FREE) | …
Category DessertTotal Time 5 mins
- *Soak the cashews for minimum 4 hours or overnight; or for at least 30 minutes in hot water (better overnight).
- Blend until smooth. You might need to blend from 1 to 5 minutes depending on the power of your blender.
CASHEW BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
4.6/5 (39)Total Time 6 hrsCategory Dessert, FrostingCalories 243 per serving
- Soak cashews in very hot water for 1 hour or in cool water for 6-8 hours. Drain thoroughly and add to a blender. To the blender, also add remaining ingredients, depending on which style of frosting you're going for.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. It's important to get the frosting as creamy and smooth as possible, so blend on high with a high-speed blender until the texture is silky and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, vanilla for vanilla flavor, or (if making the tangy frosting) more apple cider vinegar or lemon zest for tang.
- Transfer frosting to a medium mixing bowl (with room to blend / whisk) and cover. Place in the freezer and chill for 45 minutes. Then remove from freezer and whisk. Freeze for another 45 minutes - 1 hour and whisk again. Then leave in the freezer until semi-firm to the touch (cheesecake texture // ~ 2-4 hours) and use a hand mixer (or whisk) to blend until creamy and smooth. Depending on how firm your frosting is, this may take a little work at the beginning as it softens. If too thick, microwave in 15-second increments until blendable (or leave out at room temperature to soften).
FUDGY BROWNIES WITH CASHEW BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE | …
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 55 mins
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and butter on high 1 minute; stir. Continue to heat on high in 15- to 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until mixture is just melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat sugar and eggs + egg yolk on medium-high speed 3 minutes until fluffy and pale. Gently stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture until just incorporated. Fold in flour and sea salt just until a batter forms.
- Pour and spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs clinging. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1-2 hours.
CASHEW BUTTER COOKIES WITH CACAO FROSTING (GLUTEN …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 22 minsCategory DessertCalories 410 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mats.
MAPLE COOKIES WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING | THE RECIPE …
Reviews 6Category Dessert, SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 22 mins
GLUTEN FREE CASHEW COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 20Total Time 22 minsCategory Dessert
BROWN SUGAR CASHEW COOKIES RECIPES
CASHEW COOKIES RECIPE - HEALTHY MEAL PREP
FROSTING AND CASHEW RECIPES (34) - SUPERCOOK
CASHEW COOKIES | RECIPESTY
CASHEW COOKIES - DROP COOKIE RECIPES
CASHEW COOKIES WITH BURNED BUTTER FROSTING
CASHEW COOKIES WITH BURNED BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE
SALTED CASHEW COOKIES WITH BROWN BUTTER FROSTING | A …
CASHEW COOKIES WITH BURNED BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE - …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #fruit #american #holiday-event #cookies-and-brownies #nuts #gifts #taste-mood #sweet #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Frost cashew cookies with butter?Fold in cashew pieces. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. To make the frosting, melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
How to make cashew frosting with Blender?Instructions Soak cashews in very hot water for 1 hour or in cool water for 6-8 hours. Drain thoroughly and add to a blender. To the blender, also add remaining ingredients, depending on which style of frosting you're going for. Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
What is a cashew drop cookie?These soft brown sugar drop cookies are studded with cashews and topped with elegant browned butter frosting. What does this mean? When you see this badge, you know it will be good!
How long to bake cashew nuts?Add flour, baking powder and baking soda alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed until well mixed. Stir in cashews. Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.