CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a shallow 9 inch baking dish or pie pan.
- To make crust: Use a cheese cloth to squeeze extra liquid from the grated potatoes. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine potato, onion, egg, salt and flour. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie pan, and pat it down with a rubber spatula or your fingertips. Bake for 30 minutes. Brush the crust with oil, and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven, and reduce the oven's temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make the filling: In a large frying pan over a high heat, heat the oil until hot. Reduce the temperature to medium and saute onion, garlic, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and paprika in the hot oil; cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir the cauliflower into the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese onto the potato crust. Spoon the vegetables on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the sauteed vegetables. Beat the milk and eggs together in a small bowl, and then pour over the vegetables and cheese. Sprinkle paprika over the mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the custard is set and the top of the pie is slightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428.4 calories, Carbohydrate 28.5 g, Cholesterol 185.2 mg, Fat 26.9 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 953.1 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
SAVORY CAULIFLOWER PIE
Meet the Cook: If you're looking for a meatless main dish or a hearty side to take to a church potluck or family gathering, this pie is the perfect choice. It's a favorite with my husband and our 14-year-old son, Brett, and daughter Holly, 10. -Debbie Hart, Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, combine croutons and 1/4 cup butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside. , In a large skillet, saute the cauliflower, onion, carrots, garlic, salt and oregano in remaining butter over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese into prepared crust. Top with cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese. , In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour over pie. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the cauliflower is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263 calories, Fat 20g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 101mg cholesterol, Sodium 567mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously oil a 9-inch pie pan.
- Potato Crust: Place 2 firmly packed cups grated raw potatoes in a colander placed over a bowl; toss the potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water. Combine the drained potatoes, 1 large egg, beaten, and 1/4 cup grated onion in a medium bowl. Pat the potato mixture into the oiled pie pan, building up the sides of the crust with lightly floured fingers. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown, brushing the crust with oil after the first 20 minutes to crisp it.
- Remove crust from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Blanch cauliflower. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower, onions, garlic, and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining salt; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the parsley, basil, and thyme; cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Layer the baked potato crust with 1/2 of the cheese, then the cauliflower mixture, then the remaining cheese. Pour the milk mixture over the top and lightly dust with paprika. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until set. Remove from the oven and serve.
CAULIFLOWER POT PIE
While some of you already hear the birds singing and see the flowers blooming, we're still cuddling up to fires in the fireplace and warm, cozy meals at night. Here is a great winter recipe for anyone who wants to relish a little bit more of that warmth before winter comes to an end.
Provided by Vista Verde Ranch
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower, leek, carrot, and mushrooms. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add sherry vinegar to deglaze the skillet. Increase heat to medium and whisk in flour. Cook for 7 minutes without browning the flour. Slowly whisk in soy milk and cook until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat and bring everything to a simmer. Season with bay leaf, tarragon, thyme, oregano, mustard, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Gently mix in olive oil and water until a dough forms. Fold in olives.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to a 8x12-inch casserole dish. Drop biscuit dough on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuit topping is lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492.7 calories, Carbohydrate 57.4 g, Fat 24.5 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 1228.9 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
This kosher recipe is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon. The source is the Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook - Traditional Recipes from Contemporary Kosher Kitchen - this contribution was from Marc Schwartz, New Haven Hadassah in Connecticut.
Provided by PanNan
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450 F and oil a 9 inch pie plate.
- Separate cauliflower florets and discard the core. Add florets to large pot of boiling salted water. Boil about 15 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and mash.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in large skillet, and add garlic. Cook over low heat about 1 minute, making sure that garlic doesn't burn. Add mashed cauliflower, salt and pepper (to taste), to the garlic in the skillet. Raise heat to high, and stir mixture until the moisture evaporates. Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir eggs and flour into cooled cauliflower mixture, and spread evenly into pie plate. Sprinkle top with remaining oil. Bake 30 minutes, until the top just starts to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.9, Fat 13.1, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 70.5, Sodium 66.1, Carbohydrate 10.5, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 3.5, Protein 5.3
- Melt butter in a Large saucepan, cook onions until softened.
- Add cauliflower pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with water.
- Boil until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Arrange crescent rolls in pie pan, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
- Place cauliflower in shell, with stem ends facing down.
- Sprinkle cheese over pie.
- Mix eggs and milk together, season to taste again.
- Pour over cauliflower.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.8, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 8.3, Cholesterol 98.6, Sodium 279.4, Carbohydrate 20.4, Fiber 3, Sugar 3.6, Protein 6.2
More about "cauliflower pie recipes"
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIZZA PIE | JAMIE OLIVER PIZZA RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE PIES - DONNA HAY
10 BEST SHEPHERDS PIE WITH CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | YUMMLY
MASHED CAULIFLOWER SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - HOME …
39 BEST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH CAULIFLOWER TOPPING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
IMPOSSIBLE BROCCOLI (OR CAULIFLOWER) PIE RECIPE - THE …
BEST MOOSEWOOD'S CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE RECIPE
10 BEST CAULIFLOWER PIE CRUST RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY CAULIFLOWER SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HEALTHY FISH PIE WITH CAULIFLOWER TOPPING - EVERYDAY …
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER PIE IN A CRISP CRUNCHY POTATO CRUSTSUR LE PLAT
CAULIFLOWER PIE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CAULIFLOWER PIE – TORONTO, ON, CANADA – TASTE OF MISSIONS
SAVORY CAULIFLOWER PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
RECIPES BEEF AND CAULIFLOWER PIE | SOSCUISINE
SPICED CAULIFLOWER RICE PIE | JAMIE OLIVER PIE RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE POT PIE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE FILO PIE - OTK SHELF LOVE
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI'S CURRIED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE FILO PIE
CHICKEN POT PIE CAULIFLOWER CRUST - THERESCIPES.INFO
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE FILO PIE | YOTAM OTTOLENGHI RECIPES | SBS …
BAKED CAULIFLOWER CARROT CHEESE PIE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
CAULIFLOWER SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CAULIFLOWER PIE - JBS NUTRITION
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIES - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER POTATO PIE - COOK WITH KUSHI
BEST CAULI SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CAULI SHEPHERD'S PIE
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
MOOSEWOOD’S CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE | WHEN HARRY MET SALAD
RECIPES CHICKEN AND CAULIFLOWER PIE | SOSCUISINE
CAULIFLOWER PIE : EASY HEALTHY CRUSTLESS QUICHE RECIPE FROM DR.
APPETIZING TURKEY SHEPHERD’S PIE WITH MASHED CHEDDAR CAULIFLOWER
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE - LOVE & GOOD STUFF
CAULIFLOWER PIE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CAULIFLOWER POT PIE RECIPE FROM ALICE ZASLAVSKY - ABC
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK PIE WITH ONION CRUST - GOLUBKA KITCHEN
JIM LAHEY'S CAULIFLOWER PIE - SERIOUS EATS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
CAULIFLOWER PIE | OREGONIAN RECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breakfast #casseroles #main-dish #vegetables #oven #potluck #dinner-party #vegetarian #dietary #cauliflower #to-go #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love