CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a shallow 9 inch baking dish or pie pan.
- To make crust: Use a cheese cloth to squeeze extra liquid from the grated potatoes. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine potato, onion, egg, salt and flour. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie pan, and pat it down with a rubber spatula or your fingertips. Bake for 30 minutes. Brush the crust with oil, and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven, and reduce the oven's temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make the filling: In a large frying pan over a high heat, heat the oil until hot. Reduce the temperature to medium and saute onion, garlic, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and paprika in the hot oil; cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir the cauliflower into the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese onto the potato crust. Spoon the vegetables on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the sauteed vegetables. Beat the milk and eggs together in a small bowl, and then pour over the vegetables and cheese. Sprinkle paprika over the mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the custard is set and the top of the pie is slightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428.4 calories, Carbohydrate 28.5 g, Cholesterol 185.2 mg, Fat 26.9 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 953.1 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PIE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously oil a 9-inch pie pan.
- Potato Crust: Place 2 firmly packed cups grated raw potatoes in a colander placed over a bowl; toss the potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water. Combine the drained potatoes, 1 large egg, beaten, and 1/4 cup grated onion in a medium bowl. Pat the potato mixture into the oiled pie pan, building up the sides of the crust with lightly floured fingers. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown, brushing the crust with oil after the first 20 minutes to crisp it.
- Remove crust from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Blanch cauliflower. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower, onions, garlic, and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining salt; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the parsley, basil, and thyme; cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Layer the baked potato crust with 1/2 of the cheese, then the cauliflower mixture, then the remaining cheese. Pour the milk mixture over the top and lightly dust with paprika. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until set. Remove from the oven and serve.
SAVORY CAULIFLOWER PIE
Meet the Cook: If you're looking for a meatless main dish or a hearty side to take to a church potluck or family gathering, this pie is the perfect choice. It's a favorite with my husband and our 14-year-old son, Brett, and daughter Holly, 10. -Debbie Hart, Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, combine croutons and 1/4 cup butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside. , In a large skillet, saute the cauliflower, onion, carrots, garlic, salt and oregano in remaining butter over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese into prepared crust. Top with cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese. , In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour over pie. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the cauliflower is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263 calories, Fat 20g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 101mg cholesterol, Sodium 567mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "cauliflowerpie recipes"
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE (FOUR WAYS!) - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (40)Calories 128 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- To prepare the cauliflower, use a chef’s knife to slice off the nubby base, then quarter it into four even wedges. Slice off just the inner core areas, leaving the rest intact (see photo). Cut across each piece to make 1/2″ wide slices, then use your fingers to break apart any florets that are stuck together.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle with the salt and some pepper. Toss until the ingredients are evenly distributed and the cauliflower is lightly coated in oil, adding another drizzle of oil only if necessary.
- If you’re making basic roasted cauliflower, arrange the cauliflower in an even layer and bake until it’s deeply golden on the edges, tossing halfway, about 25 to 35 minutes.
OUR FAVORITE (EASY!) CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST RECIPE ...
Author Leah BrickleyEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
30 BEST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - WHAT TO MAKE WITH CAULIFLOWER
Author Sienna Livermore
THE 10 BEST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
20 EASY HEALTHY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES FOR DINNER TONIGHT ...
Reviews 9Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
EASY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
THE BEST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
21 KETO CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - MY KETO KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
25 AMAZING VEGAN CAULIFLOWER RECIPES FULL OF FLAVOR | THE ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 350 per serving
10 BEST ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER | JAMIE OLIVER
23 BEST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH ...
CAULIFLOWER PIE RECIPE - CHRISTMAS.FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (15)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory CauliflowerCalories 173 per serving
- Separate cauliflower florets and discard the core. Add florets to large pot of boiling salted water. Boil about 15 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and mash.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in large skillet, and add garlic. Cook over low heat about 1 minute, making sure that garlic doesn't burn. Add mashed cauliflower, salt and pepper (to taste), to the garlic in the skillet. Raise heat to high, and stir mixture until the moisture evaporates. Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir eggs and flour into cooled cauliflower mixture, and spread evenly into pie plate. Sprinkle top with remaining oil. Bake 30 minutes, until the top just starts to brown.
QUICK CRISPY CAULIFLOWER - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
5/5 (18)Calories 119 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (232 C) and get out a large, oven-safe rimmed skillet (we prefer cast iron).
- Add chopped cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and top with oil, salt, seasonings of choice, and maple syrup (optional for a bit of sweetness). Toss to coat (see photo).
- Heat your large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add just enough oil to coat the pan (about 1-2 Tbsp / 15-30 ml as recipe is written — adjust amounts as needed if adjusting serving size).
- Heat oil for 1 minute. Then add cauliflower (add only as much will fit comfortably in the pan — crowding will lead to soggy cauliflower) and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring / tossing occasionally until your cauliflower has a slight sear / golden brown exterior.
39 BEST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower. Roasting cauliflower brings out the delicious nutty flavors of this healthy vegetable, making it a real treat to eat. This Parmesan roasted cauliflower dish is an excellent way to enjoy fresh cauliflower, even if you think you're not a fan.
- Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole. Here's a one-pot meal recipe that's perfect for a busy weeknight when you want to serve your family something tasty and satisfying but don't have the time or energy to fuss around in the kitchen.
- Cauliflower and Chickpea Tikka Masala. Cauliflower and chickpea tikka masala is a lovely vegetarian option when you are planning an Indian meal. Creamy, rich-tasting tikka masala sauce spiced with wonderful Indian flavors brings the vegetables to life in this family-friendly dish that will be welcome at any potluck party.
- Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo 'Wings' Do you love the taste of Buffalo wings but crave a healthier, meatless option? These vegan oven-roasted cauliflower buffalo "wings" are smothered in your favorite hot sauce, making them a surprisingly satisfying way to get the taste of pub-style hot wings without the chicken.
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Here's a great way to reduce the calories in your go-to mashed potatoes dish while delivering all the creamy flavor and great texture that we all know and love.
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese. When you'd love an ooey-gooey bowl of pasta with cheese but can't go there because of wheat allergies or carb restrictions, try this cauliflower mac and cheese recipe.
- Cauliflower Tortillas. Transform cauliflower into an entirely new item like cauliflower tortillas. Raw cauliflower florets are pulsed in a food processor until they resemble rice to take the place of flour in a tortilla recipe.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad With Bacon and Pecans. You'll be the hit of your next potluck party or picnic when you bring this delicious, creamy broccoli and cauliflower salad with bacon and pecans that combines crunchy, sweet, and salty flavors.
- Cauliflower Cheese Bread. If you love garlic bread but are avoiding carbs, this cauliflower cheese bread is the perfect solution. With the help of a food processor (or a box grater), turn the cauliflower into a dough and whip up a truly crave-worthy bread.
- Creamy Cauliflower Cheese. Creamy cauliflower cheese is an essential British side dish for Sunday lunch, is a delicious filling for a baked potato, and a fabulous filling for your brunch quiches.
57 BEST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES TO COOK NOW | EPICURIOUS
- Cauliflower Bolognese. You don’t have to be a vegetarian to appreciate this Bolognese, which gets its meaty texture from cauliflower. Mushrooms and rosemary lend earthiness, and tomato paste provides rich, savory undertones.
- Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan-Panko Crumble. A Parmesan and panko crumble—which can be made ahead— adds savory crunch to this easy cauliflower side.
- Shawarma “Singapore” Noodles With Corn and Cauliflower. In Hetty McKinnon’s riff on Singapore-style curry noodles, she uses a homemade shawarma spice—made of coriander, cumin, and smoked paprika—instead of curry powder.
- Grilled Cauliflower Wedges With Herb Tarator. For a satisfying and easy weeknight dinner, cut your cauliflower into wedges and char it on the grill. The outside becomes crisp and caramelized, and highlights cauliflower’s nutty sweetness.
- Crudités Salad with Farro and Pecans. This crudité salad is full of texture: Fresh vegetables, grated cauliflower, chewy farro, and toasted pecans are tossed with almond butter and a lemon vinaigrette, making for a satisfying salad that’s both crunchy and creamy.
- Watermelon Chia Smoothie. This refreshing watermelon smoothie gets its creamy texture from chia seeds, frozen strawberries, and a surprise ingredient: cauliflower!
- Cauliflower Rice. Overcrowding the food processor can lead to unevenly sized cauliflower rice. For perfect cauliflower rice, pulse your cauliflower in batches, then dress with Claire Saffitz’s coconut-turmeric relish.
- Pasta with Roasted Romanesco and Capers. In this easy weeknight dinner, cauliflower is roasted on a rimmed baking sheet until golden brown, then tossed with pasta.
- Mashed Potato and Cauliflower Gratin. This satisfying mashed potato gratin gets its creamy texture from two cheeses and the addition of cauliflower florets.
- Chipotle Chicken and Cauliflower Tacos. Chipotle peppers and maple syrup provide a hint of smoky sweetness in these easy cauliflower tacos, which come together in less than 30 minutes.
CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Category Lunch, DinnerPublished 2013-05-28
10 BEST BAKED CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - BBC FOOD
CAULIFLOWER RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
RECIPES WITH CAULIFLOWER | TASTE OF HOME
HEALTHY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE WITH CAULIFLOWER : GET ...
CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to cook a cauliflower?Cauliflower is such a versatile ingredient – steam, boil, fry or roast it, these cauliflower recipe ideas are bound to inspire you.
What are some good vegan recipes for cauliflower?Vegan Cauliflower Recipes 1 Buffalo Cauliflower “Chicken Wings”. It turns out that no one ever really needed chicken wings. ... 2 Cauliflower Chickpea Curry. There are a lot of meatless curries out there but this one really stands out. ... 3 Cauliflower Shawarma Bowls. ... 4 Teriyaki Cauliflower Power Bowls. ... More items...
How do you make a cauliflower cheese pie?Roughly break up the cauliflower, discarding just the tatty outer leaves, and finely slice the stalk. Add to the pan with any remaining leaves. Simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat, grate in the cheese, season to perfection and allow to cool a little.
What to make with cauliflower on keto diet?In no particular order here are our favorite keto cauliflower recipes. This roasted cauliflower recipe makes a delicious crispy side for steak other grilled meat dishes. An easy-to-make “Cheesy” cauliflower recipe that is perfect for those on a keto diet, paleo or just trying to stay low-carb. Simply load the dish and bake!