CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLI SAUCE
This rustic pasta sauce consists of mainly one ingredient: broccoli. The broccoli is boiled until very tender and then mashed with a fork. Simply toss the mashed broccoli with pasta water and some cheese to make a delicious and nutritious sauce.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until very tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the broccoli to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon, reserving the water in the pot. Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir and cook as the label directs for al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, pat the broccoli dry and transfer to a bowl. Using a fork or potato masher, mash the broccoli until mostly smooth but still slightly chunky.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until starting to sizzle and the garlic is just browning, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and combine with a rubber spatula, lightly mashing it with the oil and cooking down the broccoli a bit further, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water to the skillet. Stir to combine and add the cheese. Continue to fold the broccoli and pasta together until the sauce coats the pasta, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Divide the pasta among bowls. Top with more cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500, Fat 17 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Cholesterol 25 milligrams, Sodium 654 milligrams, Carbohydrate 67 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 20 grams, Sugar 4 grams
CAVATELLI WITH SAUTEED BROCCOLI AND GARLIC
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat until hot. Add the garlic and cook it, stirring, until pale golden. Add the broccoli, salt, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta. Drain the pasta and transfer it to the saucepan. Toss with sauce to combine. Serve with the cheese.
CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND SAGE
Fragrant sage combines with butter and Parmesan to create a luscious sauce, which complements the crunchy broccolini in this quick and easy pasta.
Provided by Tracy Pollan
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with water and ice and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and the broccolini to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a spider or slotted spoon, transfer the Broccolini to the ice water to stop the cooking and let cool. Keep the pot of water boiling for the pasta. Drain the broccolini in a colander, cut the stalks in half crosswise, and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add the blanched broccolini, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and sauté until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the broccolini to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes less than the directions on the package. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta in a colander.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet, return it to medium-low heat, and add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the sage leaves and cook until the butter turns amber brown and the sage shrivels, 4 to 6 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Stir in the cooked pasta until incorporated, then fold in the broccolini and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the reserved pasta water.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, adding more pasta water until you achieve desired creaminess. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
BROWN BUTTER SAGE PIEROGI RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: russet potato, onion, unsalted butter, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, all-purpose flour, warm water, olive oil, large egg, fresh sage leaves
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 18 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot filled with cold water. Cover and turn the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for 20-25 minutes, until fork-tender.
- As the potatoes are cooking, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, warm water, olive oil, egg, and a pinch of salt. Use a fork to mix together, then once the dough begins to come together.
- Knead with your hands for 2-3 minutes, until smooth. Shape the dough into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are finished cooking, drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the cheddar cheese to the hot potatoes so the cheese melts a bit. Add the sautéed onions, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Mash the potato mixture with a fork, then mix with a spatula until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a floured surface. Lightly flour the top and roll out the dough to about ⅛-inch (3-mm) thick.
- Use a pint glass to cut out circles. Gather the scraps and re-roll, then let rest for 5 minutes. Cut out more circles of dough. Keep the dough circles covered with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out while you work.
- To assemble the pierogi, scoop a rounded tablespoon of the potato filling into the center of a dough circle. Lightly stretch the dough around the filling and pinch closed with your fingers. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. If the dough circles gets too warm to handle, chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil the pierogis, in batches if necessary, for 3 minutes, until they float to the surface. Be careful not to overcook. Scoop the pierogis out with a slotted spoon and place them in a oiled bowl so they don't stick together.
- Just before serving, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the sage leaves. Cook until the butter begins to brown and smell nutty, 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the pierogis, working in batches if the pan is too crowded. Lightly brown the pierogis, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the pan from the heat.
- To serve, spoon the brown butter over the pierogies and sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 0 grams
CAVATELLI AND BROCCOLI
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch broccoli for about 5 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until lightly golden, being careful not to burn it. Add the broccoli. Saute, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Broccoli should be tender yet crisp to the bite.
- Meanwhile, cook cavatelli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and place in a large serving bowl. Toss with the broccoli, and season with salt and hot pepper flakes. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.7 calories, Carbohydrate 47.6 g, Cholesterol 0.7 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 10.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 234.4 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
TORTELLINI WITH BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE SAUCE
Adadpted from a Buitoni recipe, this tortellini is a nice change with its nutty brown butter sauce. Quick and easy to prepare!
Provided by quikgourmet
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- If possible, use fresh sage and freshly grated Parmesan to heighten the flavor of this dish. Makes a huge difference!
- Cook cheese tortellini according to package instructions; drain. (You can start on the sauce while the tortellini is cooking).
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add sage and slowly cook butter until it begins to brown. (It's okay if the sage darkens and gets crunchy).
- Remove from heat; add the hot tortellini. Stir to coat; add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and toss. (If you choose to add sun-dried tomatoes, add them in with the cheese, salt, and pepper before tossing.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.4, Fat 31.3, SaturatedFat 18.2, Cholesterol 77.5, Sodium 490, Carbohydrate 5.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 0.2, Protein 8.5
CAVATAPPI WITH ROASTED BROCCOLI AND PESTO
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread out broccoli florets on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons olive oil. Shift broccoli florets around so they are lightly coated with oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast in the preheated oven until broccoli begins to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook cavatappi in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Remove roasted broccoli from oven and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice until all florets are lightly coated. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Drain cooked pasta and return to the pot. Keep stove on low heat and mix in pesto. Add roasted broccoli and mix until well combined. Serve pasta in bowls with extra Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 810.4 calories, Carbohydrate 122.6 g, Cholesterol 12.3 mg, Fat 26 g, Fiber 8.4 g, Protein 27.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 276.8 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
GNOCCHI WITH SAGE AND BROWN BUTTER
- Heat butter in a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides and butter begins to brown. Add sage; cook, stirring, until leaves are crisp and butter is golden brown. Transfer sage leaves to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve brown butter in skillet with heat off.
- Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the salt. Add half the gnocchi; when they rise to the top (after about 2 minutes), continue to cook until tender, about 15 seconds more. Transfer gnocchi with a slotted spoon to oiled baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining gnocchi.
- Reheat reserved brown butter over medium heat. Add gnocchi; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Add reserved sage leaves, and gently toss.
CAVATAPPI WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While heating water for pasta, pulse squash in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Cook garlic in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until pale golden, about 1 minute. Add squash, water (1 cup), sage, and salt and simmer, covered, until squash is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add butter and stir until incorporated.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot. Stir in squash mixture, cheese, and pepper to taste until combined well. Season with salt and add some of reserved cooking water to moisten if necessary.
More about "cavatappi with broccolini brown butter and sage recipes"
PAN-SEARED GNOCCHI WITH BROWNED BUTTER & SAGE
BROWN BUTTER SAGE SAUCE - CIAOFLORENTINA
GARLIC SAGE BROWN BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE A BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE SAUCE | KITCHN
SAUTEED BROCCOLINI RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
BROCCOLINI AND SAUSAGE CAVATAPPI - KARISTA BENNETT
CAVATAPPI PASTA WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND SAGE
4.7/5 (68)Category HarpercollinsServings 4-6
CAVATAPPI RECIPES VEGETARIAN | DEPORECIPE.CO
CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND SAGE RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
CAVATAPPI & BROWNED BRUSSELS SPROUTS & BUTTERY BREADCRUMBS …
CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND SAGE - MASTERCOOK
TORTELLINI WITH BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND SAGE
CAVATAPPI RECIPE (CREAMY BAKED VERSION) | KITCHN
BROWN BUTTER SAGE GNOCCHI - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE SAUCE RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
CAVATELLI WITH BROCCOLI AND SAUSAGE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE GNOCCHI WITH SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE
CHAPTER 60: CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND SAGE
VEGETABLE CAVATAPPI RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SIMPLE RECIPES CAVATAPPI PASTA WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND …
HANDMADE CAVATELLI WITH SAUSAGE & BROWNED SAGE BUTTER
GNOCCHI WITH A BROWN BUTTER SAGE SAUCE - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
SAGE BROWN BUTTER SAUCE FOR PASTA, FISH, CHICKEN & MORE
CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND SAGE
ROASTED BROCCOLINI WITH BROWNED BUTTER - LOUISIANA COOKIN
CAVATAPPI WITH BACON AND ROASTED BROCCOLI - HIP FOODIE MOM
CAVATAPPI SAUCE RECIPES
BROWN BUTTER SAGE RAVIOLI RECIPE - PASTA.COM
CAVATAPPI PASTA WITH MARINARA | EASY RECIPE! - SOUTHERN & MODERN
BROWN BUTTER WITH SAGE – CAFFE LA TANA
CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLINI, BROWN BUTTER, AND SAGE - PLAIN.RECIPES
CAVATAPPI ALFREDO WITH BROCCOLI & CHICKEN - HOORAH TO HEALTH
BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE PARATHAS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SAUTEED BROCCOLINI RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER - CUBES N JULIENNES
EASY BROWN BUTTER SAGE SAUCE: 3 INGREDIENTS = PURE BLISS
CAVATAPPI WITH BROWNED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BUTTERY …
CAVATAPPI WITH BROCCOLINI BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE - WOMANLY NEWS
You'll also love