CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON (DELIA SMITH)
this is from asda magazine Dec 2009 not made yet but plan too, i like delia she is relaible and just a little decadent
Provided by cakeinmyface
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- seperate stalks of celery from base and trim, reserve leaves for garnish- trimmed stalks should weigh 450g, trim outer stringy bits. scrub rest in cold water and drain, slcie across in thinnish slices.
- in medium saucepan melt butter, stir in celery, potato and onion, stir everyting around to coat with butter put on lid turn heat low and sweat for 10 minutes.
- uncover add stock and bring to simmering point cover again and cook for 30 minutes test veg for tendereness if not recover and cook until they are.
- whilst this is going on prepare croutons heat olive oil in large frying pan and add cubes of bread keep them moving turning around and upside down until they have turned a deep golden brown colour and have become very crunchy and crispy, drain on kitchen paper.
- remove saucepan from heat stir in cream then liquidise soup with crumbed stilton until quite smooth, retunr soup to rinsed out pan and reheat very gently taking care not to boil.
- taste and season serve with croutons and celery leaves.
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP
This will seem like a fancy soup without a lot of effort. Stilton cheese is really rich and creamy, and gives the soup a wonderful flavor.
Provided by Sarah Lai
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Cream Soup Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the onions and saute for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add the celery and the water. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until celery is soft.
- Add 2 1/2 ounces of the Stilton cheese to the soup and mix well. Puree the soup in small batches in a blender or food processor and transfer it to a clean pot. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Stilton can be very salty, so beware!
- Pour into individual bowls, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and garnish with the watercress.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 141.7 mg, Fat 53.7 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 34.1 g, Sodium 777.6 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
STILTON & CELERY SOUP
A delicious creamy soup
Provided by pontlarron
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the celery and cook gently for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the celery is tender.
- Gradually add the stilton and stir in until melted. Season to taste.
- Serves 4 as a main course, 6 - 8 as a starter
BROCCOLI & STILTON SOUP
A smooth, blended vegetable soup with blue cheese that's as good for a comforting meal as it is for a dinner party starter
Provided by Caroline Hire - Food writer
Categories Dinner, Soup, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat 2 tbsp rapeseed oil in a large saucepan and then add 1 finely chopped onion. Cook on a medium heat until soft. Add a splash of water if the onion starts to catch.
- Add 1 sliced celery stick, 1 sliced leek, 1 diced medium potato and a knob of butter. Stir until melted, then cover with a lid. Allow to sweat for 5 minutes then remove the lid.
- Pour in 1l of chicken or vegetable stock and add any chunky bits of stalk from 1 head of broccoli. Cook for 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Add the rest of the roughly chopped broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Stir in 140g crumbled stilton, allowing a few lumps to remain. Season with black pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9.6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13.8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 6.9 grams fiber, Protein 24.3 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
More about "celery soup with stilton delia smith recipes"
WHOEVER HAS THE MOST FABRIC, ETC...: CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON AND …
STILTON AND CELERY SOUP BBC : VIEW RECIPE VIDEOS
TOP 5 MOST DELICIOUS DELIA SMITH SOUP RECIPES
STILTON AND CELERY SOUP BBC : WATCH BASIC RECIPE VIDEOS
DELIA SMITH'S GRATIN OF CELERY WITH STILTON - PLAIN.RECIPES
RECIPE – BAKED CELERY WITH STILTON & WALNUTS | EDIBLETCETERA – FAST ...
MARY BERRY CELERY AND STILTON SOUP - LUMIDISLA.COM
CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON (DELIA SMITH) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON (DELIA SMITH) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CELERY SOUP WITH CASHEL BLUE CHEESE | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
CREAM OF CELERY SOUP | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON DELIA SMITH- WIKIFOODHUB
STILTON AND CELERY SOUP BBC - KEBAB SKEWERS
STILTON AND CELERY SOUP JAMIE OLIVER : LAMB SHANK AND BARLEY …
RECIPE: WINTER CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON - FOOD NEWS
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP - BIGOVEN
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON (DELIA SMITH) | RECIPE CART
STILTON AND CELERY SOUP | DINNER RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON DELIA SMITH RECIPE YUMMLY
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP PHOTOS RECIPE
RECIPE: CELERY, APPLE AND STILTON SOUP - FOOD NEWS
STILTON AND CELERY SOUP BBC - VIEW RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP - CREAM SOUP RECIPES
CELERY & STILTON SOUP - DELICIOUS FOOD
FENLAND CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
STILTON AND CELERY SAVOURY RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP RECIPE
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP - PLAIN.RECIPES
BEST COOKING BREADCRUMB RECIPES: CELERY AND STILTON SOUP
STILTON AND CELERY SOUP BBC - EASTER SONGS RELIGIOUS
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP | RECIPESTY
CELERY SOUP (IN A SOUP MAKER) - LIANA'S KITCHEN
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP | RECIPE CART
10 BEST CELERY SOUP JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES - YUMMLY
DELIA SMITH'S GRATIN OF CELERY WITH STILTON
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP - ALLRECIPES.COM RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love