CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE
Enjoy this classic macaroni and cheese recipe that is ready in 40 minutes - perfect for an Italian dinner.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease 2-quart casserole. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
- Melt margarine in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in macaroni until well coated. Spoon into casserole. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until hot in center.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 860 mg
WHITE CHEDDAR MAC & CHEESE
My mac and cheese is simple and has lots of flavor from the cheeses and ground chipotle chile. I use conchiglie pasta because its shape allows more melted cheese to pool inside. Yum! -Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pot., Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Add to pasta; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 650 calories, Fat 35g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 101mg cholesterol, Sodium 607mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
MACARONI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE
- Heat a medium, deep skillet over medium heat. Add oil and butter. When butter melts into the oil, add flour and combine. Gently cook, whisking flour and butter together, until smooth and flour has had a chance to cook, about 3 minutes. Slowly add milk while continuing to whisk. Gently bring milk to a bubble while stirring frequently. Allow the milk to thicken a bit, then stir in 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese a handful at a time. Season sauce with nutmeg and cayenne. Taste and add a little salt, if you like. Add cooked pasta to sauce and coat completely by turning over and over in the cheese sauce. Transfer to a flameproof baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Place baking dish under a hot broiler and brown the Cheddar cheese on top.
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEDDAR
Adapted from Prairie Home Cooking. This is the way my Mother used to make macaroni and cheese. The pasta measurement is the measurement for the dried pasta.
Provided by Chocolatl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring water to a boil; cook macaroni to al dente stage according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper and paprika and remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spread half the macaroni over the bottom of a lightly greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Spread half the remaining cheese over the macaroni.
- Top with remaining macaroni.
- Pour sauce over the macaroni.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
CHEDDAR-BACON MAC AND CHEESE
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package. Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan on low heat. Stir in flour; cook 2 min. or until bubbly. Gradually stir in milk; cook on medium heat until mixture comes to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until thickened. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese; cook and stir 5 min. or until melted.
- Drain macaroni. Add to sauce with bacon; mix lightly. Spoon into 1 1/2 quart casserole; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.1 calories, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 59.9 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 13.5 g, Sodium 411.3 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
More about "cheddar mac and cheese recipes"
DOUBLE CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | RAGÚ
Total Time 25 mins
10 BEST CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE SHARP RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH VELVEETA AND CHEDDAR RECIPES
BAKED CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour, dry mustard and black pepper. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until well combined. Gradually add milk and cook until the mixture is smooth and bubbly, about 10 minutes. You'll want to stir constantly.
- Remove sauce from heat and gradually add 4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese and whisk until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add pasta and mix until everything is coated. Pour half of the mac and cheese into a 9x13 greased baking dish or 12 inch cast iron skillet. Add 2 cups of cheese evenly throughout and then the remaining mac and cheese. Top with remaining 2 cups of cheese.
SHARP CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - BUILD YOUR BITE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Add flour and whisk quickly to combine with flour, making sure not to burn (remove from heat if necessary)
WHITE CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE – MILDLY MEANDERING
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to the directions on the packaging of the pasta. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, pour the milk into a large pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once it is at a simmer, lower the heat to medium-low add in the cream cheese and mix using a whisk until the cream cheese is completely melted in and combined. Add in butter and white cheddar cheese and mix until it has melted in.
- Add pasta into the sauce and continue to cook for about 3-5 more minutes or until the sauce has thickened up and is covering the noodles.
CREAMY CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE - THEKITTCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta, cooking until al dente according to the directions on the box.
- Then get to work toasting the breadcrumbs. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in the breadcrumbs, and continue to stir until the break crumbs have reached a golden brown color. Then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce next. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in the flour. Continue whisking until the butter and flour mixture (the roux) is slightly golden in color.
- Whisk the milk into the roux. Whisk frequently until the milk comes to a slow and steady boil. Let the mixture boil and thicken for one minute while whisking constantly.
WHITE CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Slowly add milk, whisking continuously. Add the seasonings and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough that it coats the back of a spoon.
PANERA COPYCAT WHITE CHEDDAR MACARONI AND CHEESE – MODERN ...
- Heat water in a large pot on high until it reaches boiling point. Generously add salt to the water. Once it begins to boil, add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- As the water is warming up, make the sauce. Heat a pot over medium heat and add butter. Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour until a paste forms. Make sure to have the milk nearby because you will want to have it ready. Whisk in milk and heavy cream. Let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Slowly add in the chunks of cheese in small increments, whisking after each addition. You don't want to add it in all at once or the mixture may clump. Add in salt, pepper, and dried mustard. Let the cheese melt and once the sauce has thickened, add the drained pasta. Taste for seasonings.
MACARONI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
- Gently cook, whisking flour and butter together, until smooth and flour has had a chance to cook, about three minutes.Slowly add milk while continuing to whisk.
WHITE CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SKILLET BROCCOLI-CHEDDAR MAC & CHEESE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, adding broccoli for the last minute of cooking. Drain.
- Wipe the pot dry and place over medium-low heat. Add butter and swirl until melted. Sprinkle flour over the butter; whisk until smooth. Slowly add milk, salt and smoked paprika; cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup Cheddar and Parmesan. Add the drained pasta and broccoli, stirring to coat well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and sprinkle with panko and the remaining 3 tablespoons Cheddar. Bake until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
3.9/5 (108)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 378 per serving
MACARONI & APPLEWOOD-SMOKED CHEDDAR CHEESE
Total Time 50 mins
CREAMY AGED CHEDDAR MACARONI AND CHEESE - HEALTHY LIVING ...
COOKING CORNER: BROCCOLI CHEDDAR MAC & CHEESE CUPS - NEWSBREAK
AGED CHEDDAR AND PARMESAN MAC N' CHEESE RECIPES | FOOD ...
BEST MAC & CHEESE RECIPES: RICH & CREAMY CHEDDAR MACARONI ...
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR MACARONI AND CHEESE - CARRIE’S ...
WHITE CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE WITH LOBSTER
GRUYERE AND CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES
WHITE CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
26 BEST CHEDDAR MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Mac and cheese with cream cheese and cheese?Add the cream cheese to the sauce. Stir until melted. Remove from the heat, add 3 cups shredded cheese mix. Stir until melted. Pour the sauce over the macaroni. Mix until evenly coated. Pour ½ into the baking dish. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat with macaroni then top with the final 1 cup of shredded cheese.
What is the best cheese to use for Mac and cheese?Obviously by looking at this recipe I believe good sharp cheddar is the only way to go when it comes to mac and cheese. I mean it is called baked cheddar mac and cheese for a reason. However Gruyère complements the cheddar great and adds extra creaminess.
Can you use Wisconsin aged cheddar cheese for Mac and cheese?Any brand of Wisconsin Aged Cheddar or Mascarpone can be used in this recipe. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Keep warm. Meanwhile, melt butter with cream in the same Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; gradually whisk in mascarpone and cheddar until melted.
How much butter do you put in Mac and cheese?Ingredients 1 1 ¾ cups elbow macaroni, uncooked 2 3 tablespoons butter or margarine 3 2 tablespoons flour 4 2 cups milk 5 2 cups KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided 6 3 slices OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon, cooked, crumbled More ...