SPAGHETTI MEATBALLS AND TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 meatballs per person for dipping with sauce.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil over high heat, salt water and cook pasta to al dente 7 minutes or so, drain and quick-cool on a baking sheet.
- While pasta cooks, toast pine nuts. Make a thick herb pesto by placing the herbs, cheese, garlic and nuts in food processor with salt and pepper. Turn processor on and stream in about 1/3 cup olive oil - make the pesto very thick.
- Place meat in a bowl. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta, egg, bread crumbs and half the pesto to the meat. Mix to combine and form into 16 balls, and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Let the spaghetti pop out of meatballs like porcupine quills. Coat balls with a little olive oil and roast 12 to 15 minutes until firm and golden in color. Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter.
- While meat roasts heat a healthy drizzle olive oil in a sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots, season with salt and pepper, and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the stock, add tomatoes and crush with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook for 5 minutes more, then stir in remaining pesto and transfer to a serving bowl or 4 individual ramekins for dipping.
CHEESY MEATBALLS WITH BASIL TOMATO SAUCE
Add the meatballs to the simmering sauce during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve over cooked pasta, if desired. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 60 meatballs, 60 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For meatballs, in large mixing bowl, gently break apart the beef with a fork.
- Add the onion, breadcrumbs, parmesan, pecorino-romano, ketchup, parsley, basil, salt, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder and stir gently to combine.
- Stir in the egg until just incorporated.
- Using your hands, shape the meat into 1-inch balls, to make about 60 meatballs.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 T olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add the meatballs and cook, turning, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes, adding more oil when necessary.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Note: You could also bake the meatballs for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- For sauce,.
- In large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, season with 1 1/2 t salt and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, the remaining 1 1/2 t salt and the basil and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes more.
- Add the meatballs to the simmering sauce during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- The amount of sauce will serve 6 people. I listed the servings as 60 for 60 meatballs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47.3, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 9.5, Sodium 234.2, Carbohydrate 2.8, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1.2, Protein 2.5
CHEESY MEATBALLS IN SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
All done in the microwave. Serve on their own or over pasta. A great dish to serve with a light green salad and fresh crusty bread or garlic bread.
Provided by Tisme
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cook the onion and bacon in a large bowl on high for 3-4 minutes approx 850W. Remove from microwave, add mince, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and flatten into a patty shape.
- Place a cube of cheese in the middle of the meat, fold meat to enclose cheese and roll to form a ball.
- Refrigerate meatballs for 10-15 minutes.
- Place meatballs in a 3 Litre casserole dish. Cook uncovered on medium to High approx 650W for 4-6 minutes. Turn meatballs over and cook for a further 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the tomatoes, basil, tomato paste, chilli, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Drain any excess fat from meatballs after cooking and pour the tomato mixture over par cooked and drained meatballs.
- Cook uncovered on medium high approx 650W for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with on their own with crusty bread or over pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564.4, Fat 39.3, SaturatedFat 17.4, Cholesterol 170.8, Sodium 454.8, Carbohydrate 17.9, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 8.1, Protein 35
More about "cheesy meatballs with basil tomato sauce recipes"
CHEESY MEATBALLS - CAFE DELITES
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DinnerCalories 239 per serving
- Combine bread and milk in a large bowl. Press the bread down into the milk to fully submerse and soak into the bread. Set aside.
- While the bread is soaking, get all of your meatball ingredients chopped and ready. Add all of the meatball ingredients in the bowl with the soaked bread and mix well.
- Roll about three tablespoons worth of meat mixture into a ball. Set aside onto a plate and repeat until all meat is used.
CHEESE STUFFED MEATBALLS IN HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE ...
5/5 (3)Category AppetizersServings 13Total Time 55 mins
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the panko, egg, parmesan, parsley, milk, grated garlic, italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper until it resembles a coarse breading. Add the the ground beef and mix until just combined. Do not overwork the meat as this will result it drier meatballs. Roll into desired size balls. Flatten, add a small cube of cheese to the center and wrap the meat around the cheese. Roll between palms to smooth them out. Place on a clean plate.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.. Add 6-8 meatballs to the skillet and let them cook for about 7-9 minutes total, flipping as needed to brown all sides evenly. Repeat with the second batch. Remove the cooked meatballs to a plate.
- To the remaining oil in the skillet, add the minced garlic and continuously stir to cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the onions and let them sweat for 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, water, pesto, and salt. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer. Add the meatballs back into the skillet and cover them wit the sauce. Cover the skillet with a lid and lower the heat. Allow the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until it thickens and the meatballs cook through.
- Serve warm on a bed of pasta or if you're serving this as an appetizer for a party, transfer to a slow cooker and keep on the warm setting.
PRESSURE COOKER CHEESY BEEF MEATBALLS IN TOMATO BASIL SAUCE
Cuisine ItalianCategory BeefServings 4Total Time 15 mins
- To make Tomato Basil Sauce:Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker turned to the sauté mode. Add smashed garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add crushed tomatoes with their juices, chicken broth, dry red wine, basil, and Italian seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, while you make meatballs.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cubed bread and water. Soak for 5 minutes. If the bread is too wet, squeeze it out. Add ground beef, garlic, beaten eggs, cheese, parsley, and drained raisins. Using hands, blend the beef mixture. Form into 2-inch (5 cm) meatballs.
- Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 8 minutes.
ROASTED MEATBALLS IN TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE | RACHAEL RAY IN ...
- In a medium bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and milk to moisten. Add the ground meat, pancetta, 1/3 cup of each cheese, 2 tbsp. EVOO, two turns of the bowl, the egg, parsley, chopped garlic, onion flakes, oregano, fennel pollen and crushed red pepper; season with salt and pepper and gently mix to blend. Roll the mixture into 2- to 2 1/2-inch meatballs and drizzle with a little more EVOO.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO to the skillet, two turns of the pan; melt in the butter. Add the crushed garlic and stir until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring often, until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Add the stock and the tomatoes and their juices, crushing the tomatoes with your hands as you add them. Season with salt; add the basil, stirring to wilt. Set the meatballs into the sauce but do not cover (tops should be exposed). Roast until the meat is just cooked through and the tops are browned, 15 to 18 minutes.
MEATBALLS IN CHEESE SAUCE - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST RECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHEESY MEATBALLS WITH FRESH TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE RECIPE ...
4.1/5 (20)Servings 4Cuisine ItalianCategory Pasta
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL MEATBALLS - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
5/5 (1)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- Form meatballs that are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. (You can make them bigger or smaller if you prefer.)
EASY HOMEMADE MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO BASIL SAUCE - A …
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 291 per serving
- Season the ground meat of your choice. In this recipe, I combine ground beef and pork. I season the meat with garlic, salt, and black pepper
- Next, combine the beaten eggs, fresh parsley, parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. (A pinch or two). Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Add the breadcrumbs and the milk mixture into the meat. Then using a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop (depending on the desired size) scoop some of the meat mixtures and rolled them between your hands to make them a uniform size. set aside until you make the sauce.
CHEESY BAKED MEATBALLS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.4/5 (20)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DinnerCalories 389 per serving
- To make the meatballs, fry the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil until soft and fragrant. Allow to cool.
- Squeeze the soaked bread slices to get rid of any excess milk and add to the meat. Add the herbs salt and pepper then mix well. Fry a teaspoon of the mixture in a hot pan to check the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
CHEESY SKILLET BAKED MEATBALLS RECIPE | COLES
Servings 4Category Dinner,Main-Meal,Lunch
MEATBALL IN TOMATO SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
BAKED TURKEY PARMESAN MEATBALLS WITH RIGATONI AND CHUNKY ...
CHEESY MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE -- BASED COOKING
CHEESY MEATBALLS WITH BASIL TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES
MEATBALLS FOR SPAGHETTI SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ONE PAN BAKED CHICKEN MEATBALLS & TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE ...
CHEESY MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE - YAROSLAV'S RECIPE BOOK
CHEESY MEATBALLS WITH BASIL TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
RECIPES WITH FROZEN MEATBALLS
CHEESY MEATBALLS WITH PORK RINDS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
EASY TURKEY MEATBALLS IN TOMATO BASIL SAUCE - MY FOOD RECIPES
DELICIOUS GIANT MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE ...
CHEESY MEATBALLS WITH BASIL TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #beef #ground-beef #meat #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook meatballs with tomato sauce?There are the classic meatballs with tomato sauce, these are soaked creamy cheese! Heat oven to 375 ° F, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and Set Aside. Mix the meat in a large bowl. Onions and garlic add the cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, milk, breadcrumbs and spices.
What is the best way to make cheesy meatballs?Easy cheesy meatballs recipe is ideal for a warming mid-week family dinner, plus these meatballs may be even better for lunch the next day. In a bowl, add the beef, half the garlic, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, Perfect Italiano Parmesan and egg. Season with salt and pepper and then use your hands to mix together until combined.
What are herb-flavoured baked meatballs?Herb-flavoured baked meatballs cooked in a rich, garlic-infused tomato sauce topped with cheese and baked until melty and delicious. Another meatball recipe because let’s face it, I have a problem. But here’s the thing, this is not just another meatball recipe.
How do you make perfect Italiano meatballs?In a bowl, add the beef, half the garlic, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, Perfect Italiano Parmesan and egg. Season with salt and pepper and then use your hands to mix together until combined. Form the mixture into golf ball size meatballs and refrigerate for 20 minutes