- In a large bowl, mix chicken, cabbage, carrots, green onions, green beans, green bell pepper and zucchini. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, flour, chicken stock and soy sauce. Pour batter over chicken mixture and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Mix vegetable oil and sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup batter into skillet, enough to make a 2 1/2 inch circle. Cover and cook 4 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown. Flip and continue cooking 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16.1 g, Cholesterol 111.6 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 279.4 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
OKONOMIYAKI (JAPANESE PANCAKE)
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese pancake stuffed with yummy goodness! 'Okonomi' means what you like and 'yaki' means grilled. The ingredients provided are the basic okonomiyaki recipe. Feel free to add any vegetables or other meats. Have fun playing with the ingredients!
Provided by Stephanie Llamas
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Mix flour and water together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in cabbage, bacon, eggs, sausage, green onions, shrimp, cheese, and tenkasu.
- Preheat a griddle to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C); coat with oil. Pour in flour mixture in the shape of a pancake. Cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Mix soy sauce, ketchup, and vinegar together in a small bowl to make okonomiyaki sauce. Drizzle over pancake. Garnish with panko and mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.8 calories, Carbohydrate 33.3 g, Cholesterol 128 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 879.1 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
This Japanese pancake is full of authentic flavours and textures, with fresh squid or prawns and a mirin and a honey sauce. Garnish with bonito flakes
Provided by Rosie Birkett
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Combine the flour, baking powder, egg and stock. Mix until smooth, whisking out any lumps without overmixing. Add the potato, season with a little salt and white pepper, cover and rest for at least 2 hrs.
- While the mix is resting, combine the ingredients for the sauce, stirring until it's smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and add the cabbage, spring onion, ginger, soy, mirin and chosen seafood. Stir to thoroughly coat the mix in the batter.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Pour the mixture into the pan, keeping it as circular as possible. Fry for 3-5 mins. Use a palette knife to help you flip it over and cook for a further 3-5 mins, using a lid at intervals to trap the heat so it cooks through. Test to see if it's ready by sticking a chopstick into the middle. If it comes out dry, it's ready.
- Flip onto a board and serve with the sauce and garnishes to taste. Eat straight away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 2.1 milligram of sodium
- For the okonomiyaki batter: Whisk together the Okonomiyaki Flour Blend, water, eggs and salt in a large bowl. Fold in the cabbage.
- For serving: Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with a small amount of oil. Scoop 1/2 cup okonomiyaki batter into the center of the skillet. Drape 3 pieces of pork belly over the top, uncooked side of the pancake. Cook the pancake until the bottom is golden brown and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip to the pork belly side. Cook until the belly is crispy and the center of the pancake is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Slide out of the skillet and repeat with the remaining batter and pork belly to make 4 pancakes total.
- To finish the okonomiyaki: Heat some oil in a skillet and cook the eggs to desired doneness. We prefer sunny-side up because the runny yolk adds a delicious richness.
- Top each pancake with an egg. Drizzle each with Tokyo Sauce and mayonnaise. Sprinkle with tempura crunchies and finish with cilantro and scallions.
- Whisk together the high gluten flour, sweet potato starch, baking powder, nori powder and guar gum in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch and beer in a medium bowl.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a large pot and attach a deep fry fat thermometer to the side. Heat to 375 degrees F. Drizzle the tempura batter into the oil and fry, stirring, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool.
More about "okonomiyaki recipes"
OKONOMIYAKI (JAPANESE SAVOURY PANCAKE) - RECIPETIN JAPAN
4.9/5 (15)Category MainCuisine JapaneseTotal Time 35 mins
- Drizzle sauce over the surface of the pancake, then Kewpie mayonnaise in the same way if using. Sprinkle aonori, benishoga and katsuobushi if using.
THE BEST OKONOMIYAKI (お好み焼き) | PICKLED PLUM | EASY ASIAN ...
Reviews 9Category MainCuisine JapaneseTotal Time 20 mins
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the pan and shape into a 1/2-inch thick pancake. Top with 1/3 of the bean sprouts and cook for 4 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown.
EASY OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE (SAVORY JAPANESE PANCAKES) - A ...
4/5 (2)Total Time 16 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 644 per serving
- Put the cabbage in a medium glass bowl. Cover with 1/8 tsp salt and mix well to coat all of the cabbage. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse the cabbage and dry it well with paper towels.
- Mix the flour, water, eggs, remaining salt, and sugar in a bowl. Once mixed, add the cabbage, green onion, lardons and shrimp. Stir well.
- Heat a flat griddle or crepe pan to medium. Add the olive oil to the pan. Pour the Okonomiyaki batter into a round pancake shape in the center of the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown on the griddle side. Carefully flip the pancake over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Check the center with a fork to make sure the batter is cooked through.
OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE | JAPANESE RECIPES | SBS FOOD
3.4/5 (118)Servings 2Cuisine JapaneseCategory Dinner
EASY OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine JapaneseCategory Main CourseServings 2
OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE | GET CRACKING
Cuisine International RecipesCategory DinnerServings 6Total Time 20 mins
OKONOMIYAKI (SAVORY CABBAGE PANCAKE) RECIPE – JAPANESE ...
OKONOMIYAKI (OSAKA-STYLE JAPANESE PANCAKES)
4.1/5 (28)Total Time 1 hrAuthor ValrusCalories 545 per serving
OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE (JAPANESE PANCAKE) | WE LOVE JAPANESE FOOD
Servings 5Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
OSAKA-STYLE OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
EASY OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
Reviews 14Calories 865 per servingCategory Main Dish
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to combine the Okonomiyaki Flour and water until the okonomiyaki batter is smooth.
OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE お好み焼き • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
4.3/5 (370)Category Main Course
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp sugar, and ¼ tsp baking powder and mix all together.
OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE : HOW TO MAKE OKONOMIYAKI (お好み焼き ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsTotal Time 25 mins
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt. Add in dash broth, and whisk until smooth and no rumps.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add oil and swirl to coat. Add half of okonomiyaki batter and spread evenly about 1” thick. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place pork belly slices on top of okonomiyaki and carefully flip it over. Cover with a lid and cook additional 5 minutes or until okonomiyaki is all the way cooked through.
OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
Category VegetablesTotal Time 25 mins
- Whisk together flour, dashi, and eggs until well incorporated. Fold in cabbage and chopped bonito flakes.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet or flat griddle over medium. Spread batter evenly in skillet, and top evenly with pork belly slices in a single layer. Cover and cook until bottom is browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Slide pancake onto a large plate or cutting board. Place skillet over pancake and, holding plate and skillet firmly together, invert pancake into skillet, pork side down. Cook over medium until pork is browned and pancake is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Invert okonomiyaki onto plate, pork side up. Brush or drizzle with okonomiyaki sauce, and dollop or drizzle with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with ground bonito flakes, beni shoga, and nori. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.
EASY JAPANESE OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE I THE JAPANTRY
5/5 (1)Category Main Course, SnackCuisine JapaneseTotal Time 30 mins
- Add dashi powder in the warm water and mix until mostly dissolved. In a large bowl, put flour, baking powder and potato/corn starch and pour dashi mix to make batter. Rest the batter for up to an hour in the refrigerator.
- Mix ingredients for one serving/one sheet of okonomiyaki at a time: Take about 1/2 cup of the batter into another bowl. Then mix about 3/4 cup of chopped cabbage, 1 tablespoon of green onions, and a tablespoon of French onion. Add an egg in the batter and stir.To make the batter for all 4 servings at once: Mix cabbage, green onions, French fried onion and eggs into the batter and stir. Then divide the batter into 4 servings. NOTE that mixing batter for one serving at a time is recommended so that each serving gets the equal amount of all the ingredients.
- Lightly oil and heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Pour cabbage batter mix in the pan into a round shape. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Before flipping the okonomiyaki, add 1-2 slices of bacon and sprinkle roasted sesame. Flip the okonomiyaki and cook for about 5 minutes. (You can also add another egg on top before flipping if you want a fried egg on your okonomiyaki!)
OKONOMIYAKI AUTHENTIC RECIPE お好み焼き - CHOPSTICK CHRONICLES
4.7/5 (19)Calories 483 per servingCategory Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack
BEST OKONOMIYAKI - HOW TO MAKE OKONOMIYAKI
Total Time 30 mins
ULTIMATE GUIDE TO OKONOMIYAKI + EASY OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
OKONOMIYAKI BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE | CHATELAINE
3.3/5 (6)Category RecipesServings 4Total Time 25 mins
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT OKONOMIYAKI – RECIPE | FOOD | THE ...
Author Felicity CloakePublished 2021-05-12
191 EASY AND TASTY JAPANESE OKONOMIYAKI RECIPES BY HOME ...
OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE LIKE IN HIROSHIMA | UNE FRENCH GIRL CUISINE
OKONOMIYAKI RECIPE (お好み焼き) | UMAMI RECIPE
OKONOMIYAKI (JAPANESE CABBAGE PANCAKE) RECIPE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #lunch #snacks #asian #japanese #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #inexpensive #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make an okonomiyaki recipe at home?1 200g flour. 2 200g dashi. 3 6cm Nagaimo – grated. 4 3 eggs. 5 1/4 cabbage head. 6 Favored fillings (pork, seafood etc.) 7 Pinch of salt.
What are the ingredients in an okonomiyaki pancake?The ingredients provided are the basic okonomiyaki recipe. Feel free to add any vegetables or other meats. Have fun playing with the ingredients! Mix flour and water together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in cabbage, bacon, eggs, sausage, green onions, shrimp, cheese, and tenkasu.
How did okonomiyaki get its name in Japan?This is for those who are new to Japanese cuisine. It is simply a Japanese savoury pancake made primarily from shredded cabbage, flour, eggs and water. Some call it Japanese pizza. Also it is a very versatile dish that has many adaptations and various topping options. That is why it gets the name Okonomiyaki.
How to make okonomiyaki with dashi and cabbage?Easy Okonomiyaki recipe 1 200g flour 2 200g dashi 3 6cm Nagaimo – grated 4 3 eggs 5 1/4 cabbage head 6 Favored fillings (pork, seafood etc.) 7 Pinch of salt More ...