CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
This is a recipe I've been perfecting for a while and I think I've reached nirvana. I crave these at least once a week and even though the instructions appear lengthy, it really is a simple dish to prepare and well worth the effort. Hubby has told me that if I ever open a restuarant that these should be on the menu, as they are far better than any enchiladas we've ever had dining out. And for those of you who claim to not like cilantro, please give this a try. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't know it had cilantro in it. The taste is just a hint of freshness when combined with everything else. Cooking the chicken in it's own little soup bath really gives it a nice subtle flavor too. I suppose if you were pressed for time, you could use a rotisserie chicken. I've also used other cheeses than monterey jack, but find that the jack is the best flavor combination. I have to admit, that most of the measurements are my best guess - feel free to use a little more or little less of any of the enchilada fillings, but I think what I've listed is pretty close to what I do. Also, if you prefer your sauce with a little heat to it, you could add in a little cayenne, but don't do to much and cover up all the other lovely flavors. I serve these with beans and rice on the side, and a little dollop of sour cream on the top. I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of this dish and hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.
Provided by Kater
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Place chicken breasts in a skillet, cover with water, and add onion, peppercorns, garlic, bay leaves, and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes (depending on how thick the breasts are). Remove from broth; set aside and let cool. When the chicken is cool, shred.
- While chicken is cooking, melt 2 Tbsp butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, until roux starts to turn light brown.
- Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and adobo; stir to combine.
- Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, the reduce heat to low. (You can add up to a 1/4 cup more water to thin it out a little if you prefer.).
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble enchiladas, warm tortillas in the microwave so they are more pliable, approximately one minute.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of the roughly chopped cilantro down the center of the tortilla.
- Next, add 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Top with 2 Tbls of black beans and a generous 1/3 cup of shredded chicken.
- Bring one side of the tortilla over the top of the filling, tuck in and continue to roll.
- Coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with 1 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Place rolled enchiladas in the pan and cover with remaining sauce and 1-2 cups of cheese and any remaining cilantro.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, or until hot all the way thru and the sauce is bubbly.
CHICKEN & BEAN ENCHILADAS
A family dinner that delivers four of your 5-a-day - tender chicken, red pepper and black beans, wrapped in tortilla, baked in the oven with passata and cheese
Provided by Lulu Grimes
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions, peppers and half the garlic. Cook for 15 mins, stirring now and then until the veg has softened. Stir in the chipotle paste, then fry for 1 min more. Add the chicken strips, turning them over in the mixture so they cook through, about 5-10 mins.
- Stir in the beans, coriander and 150ml of the passata, then take the pan off the heat. Mix the rest of the passata with the remaining crushed garlic and the ketchup.
- Divide the mixture between the tortillas, then fold the sides in and roll them up. Pour half the passata sauce into a 22cm square baking dish, then place the enchiladas on top, side by side. Dot over the remaining sauce and sprinkle over the grated cheese, then bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 54 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 12 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS WITH GOOEY JACK CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add chicken and saute 5 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove half of the chicken and reserve for another use.
- Stir in black beans, green chiles, and salsa and simmer 5 minutes, until sauce thickens and reduces. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on a flat surface. Top each tortilla with an equal amount of chicken mixture. Roll up tortillas and place side by side in a shallow baking dish. Top tortillas with shredded cheese (1/3 cup per tortilla).
- Bake enchiladas 15 minutes, until cheese is golden and gooey!
- Steam broccoli
- Chop onions
- Mash potatoes
- Chop Celery
FIESTA CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS FROM MISSION®
Shredded chicken, black beans, corn, cheese, and chiles in a creamy sauce are rolled into tortillas and baked with enchilada sauce and more cheese for this family-pleasing favorite.
Provided by Mission Foods
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x11x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour chicken broth into a small frying pan, heat to simmer, add chicken breast, cover and simmer until no longer pink, turning once (approximately 25 minutes). Cool and shred.
- In same frying pan, add onions and red pepper. Saute over medium heat until soft, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, place chicken, onion-pepper mixture, beans, corn, cilantro, chilies, 2 cups of the cheese, and sour cream. Toss until thoroughly blended. Add tabasco, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1/8 of mixture into center of each tortilla, roll and place in baking dish. When all 8 rolls are completed, pour Enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and enchiladas are heated through. Makes 4 generous servings of 2 enchiladas each.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 723.7 calories, Carbohydrate 92.8 g, Cholesterol 111.7 mg, Fat 24.2 g, Fiber 12.3 g, Protein 57.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 2173.6 mg, Sugar 12.9 g
- Julienne chicken.
- Saute bacon until crisp, reserving 2 Tbsp drippings.
- Saute chicken and garlic in drippings until chicken is opaque. Add 1/2 cup picante sauce, beans, red bell pepper, cumin and salt. Simmer 7-8 minutes, until thick.
- Stir in green onions and crumbled bacon.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 Tbsp cheese. Roll up and place in baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1 cup picante sauce. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake 3 minutes more. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 645.2, Fat 21.2, SaturatedFat 8.6, Cholesterol 64.2, Sodium 1464.4, Carbohydrate 78, Fiber 10, Sugar 5.4, Protein 35.2
More about "chicken and black bean enchiladas recipes"
CHICKEN & BEAN ENCHILADAS - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD EL PASO
Servings 10Total Time 50 minsCategory Enchiladas
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in bottom of baking dish. In medium bowl, stir together chicken, 3/4 cup of the sauce, the taco seasoning mix, chiles, beans and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Spread 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle green onions and cilantro on top. Top with sour cream.
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - SLENDER KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DinnerCalories 367 per serving
- TO ROAST CHICKEN: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set chicken breasts in dish, and season with seasoning mix. Place in oven, and roast for about 20 min, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken and any pan juices to a large bowl and tent with foil. When cool enough to handle, shred using two forks.
- TO MAKE SAUCE: Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan on medium-high heat. Add all ingredients and bring to a low boil. Turn heat down to let, cover, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
- TO MAKE ENCHILADAS: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add in onions and garlic and saute for about 1-2 minutes. Add in shredded chicken, cilantro, corn, black beans, lime juice, and ¾ cup of the prepared enchilada sauce. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Cook for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat. To assemble enchiladas, add about 1/3 cup of chicken and bean mixture onto each tortilla. Roll it up, and place into baking dish, seam side down. Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas, top with the shredded cheese, cover with foil, then bake in the oven for for about 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped scallions or cilantro if desired.
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - 6 POINTS | LAALOOSH
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan on medium high heat. Add in all ingredients and bring to a low boil. Turn heat down to let, cover, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
VEGGIE BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - COOKIE AND KATE
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hrCategory Entree
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with one rack in the middle of the oven and one in the upper third. Lightly grease a 9 by 13-inch pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil until simmering. Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the broccoli and bell pepper, stir, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover the skillet (I don’t have a lid for mine, so I just placed a cookie sheet on top). Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 9 minutes, or until the broccoli is brighter green and just starting to turn golden on the edges.
- Add the cumin and cinnamon to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the spinach, a few handfuls at a time, stirring until it has reduced in size. Repeat with remaining spinach and cook until all of the spinach has wilted.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a medium mixing bowl. Add the drained beans, 1/4 cup cheese and a drizzle of enchilada sauce (about 2 tablespoons). Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and some freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
CHICKEN-AND-BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - BIGOVEN.COM
4.4/5 (25)Calories 278 per servingTotal Time 30 mins See details »
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS | GARLIC & ZEST
4.3/5 (11)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main Course
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute until the onions are softened and slightly translucent. Add the chicken, green chiles and 1/2 cup of red enchilada sauce, stirring occasionally until the chicken is warmed through and the mixture is well coated in sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray a casserole dish with vegetable spray and then spoon 2-3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the casserole and gently spread to cover the bottom.
- Lay a tortilla flat on your work surface and spoon a tablespoon or so of sauce onto it. Spread the sauce evenly over the whole tortilla. Add a small handful of shredded cheese into the center of the tortilla.
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS • ZONA COOKS
4.4/5 (11)Category Chicken-PoultryCuisine MexicanTotal Time 40 mins See details »
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS • HIP FOODIE MOM
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine MexicanTotal Time 30 mins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Using a little more than a 1/4 cup, coat the bottom of the skillet with your red enchilada sauce and set aside.
- Make the enchiladas: Using a shallow dish (or pie plate), pour a 1/2 cup of the red enchilada sauce into the pie plate or shallow dish. Take a tortilla and lay it flat into the dish so that the red enchilada sauce coats the bottom. If you'd like, flip the tortilla so that both sides get coated in the sauce; please note if you do this the tortilla will be very wet and soft after it's baked. I think just coating the bottom is enough. Lay in some chicken and some beans and roll up and place into your skillet (or oven safe baking dish). Repeat until all of the tortillas are filled and rolled up and the skillet is full.
- Pour the remaining red enchilada sauce (maybe a 1/4 cup) over the enchiladas*. Scatter the diced green chiles over the enchiladas and then add the shredded cheese all over the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated though and the until cheese is bubbling and melted. Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh diced tomatoes, green onions and serve with some salsa. Enjoy!
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsServings 8
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, poblano, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until onion and poblano are tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Add stock, chipotles, and tomato sauce, and bring to a gentle simmer; cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Combine chicken and black beans in a medium bowl; add half of sauce mixture. Combine cheeses in a bowl; add 1/2 cup cheese mixture to chicken mixture. Toss to combine.
- Place 8 tortillas on a microwave-safe plate; cover with a slightly damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds or until warm. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, place tortilla on a flat work surface; spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto 1 end of tortilla. Roll up, jelly-roll style. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, heating up second batch of tortillas when first batch is used up. Arrange enchiladas, seam side down, in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve enchiladas with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro, if desired.
CHICKEN-AND-BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Total Time 45 mins
- Combine first 4 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl. Spoon chicken mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange, seam side down, in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly. Garnish, if desired.
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE FROM 30DAYSBLOG
4.3/5 (3)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins See details »
SNAP CHALLENGE: CREAMY CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS ...
4.8/5 (35)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Mince the garlic and sauté it in a large skillet with cooking oil over medium heat for one to two minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the can of diced tomatoes with green chiles and let simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the tomato liquid has reduced by about half and become slightly thick.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and stir it into the tomato mixture. The sauce will become smooth and creamy as the cheese melts in.
- Rinse and drain the can of black beans, then add them to the skillet along with the frozen corn kernels, shredded chicken, and cumin. Stir to combine. Taste the filling and add salt if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the creamy chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it up like a cigar. Place the filled and rolled tortillas into a 9x13 inch casserole dish, seam side down.
SPICY CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS — THE MOM 100
5/5 (1)Servings 8Cuisine American, MexicanCategory Main Course
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, poblano peppers, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until the onion and peppers are tender. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Add the chipotle puree, chicken broth and tomato sauce and bring to a gentle simmer; cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Combine the chicken and black beans in a medium bowl; add half of the sauce mixture. Add ½ cup of the cheddar cheese mixture to the chicken mixture. Toss to combine.
- Heat a dry skillet over high heat. Place one tortilla at a time in the skillet, for 20 to 30 seconds on each side, until warm and browned in spots. Stack them on a plate.
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS: BEST MEXICAN RECIPE ...
5/5 (4)Servings 4-6Cuisine MexicanCategory Dinner
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the chicken breasts on a lined sheet pan. Drizzle with a tablespoon of the olive oil and generously sprinkle with some of the salt and pepper.
- While the chicken is baking in the oven, place the 1/4 cup olive oil, corn flour, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk. When hot, add the tomato paste, chopped green chiles, and minced jalepeño (if using) and whisk constantly until smooth and darkened in color. TIP: Be careful not to burn the mixture once the tomato paste and chiles go in the pan. It will form a paste and cook quickly. You want the color to darken, but not burn.
- Heat the remaining olive oil (from the 1/4 cup less 1 tablespoon from the chicken) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the black beans and diced onion and cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add a few tablespoons of water about halfway if the pan starts to look dry. The black beans should break down a little with the onions.
- Lower the oven to 375°F and grease a 9" x 13" casserole dish. Spoon a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the casserole.
LAYERED CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - HALF-SCRATCHED
4.8/5 (6)Category Main DishesCuisine MexicanTotal Time 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x12-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on bottom of baking dish. Place 4 tortillas over sauce, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half the chicken mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with ½ cup of cheese. Spoon half of remaining enchilada sauce and half the sour cream randomly over cheese. Repeat layers and cover with foil
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 Category EntreesCuisine Tex MexTotal Time 2 hrs
- Add just enough olive oil to a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet to coat the surface and place it over medium heat. Sauté the onion until softened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and jalapeños and cook until softened but not yet beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
RECIPE: CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS WITH CREAMY ...
4.4/5 (3.7K)Servings 4Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 35 mins See details »
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - HIP FOODIE MOM | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
BLACK BEAN, CHICKEN & EGG ENCHILADAS | CHICKEN.CA
4/5 (2)Calories 440 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 45 mins See details »
RECIPE: YUMMY BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - SIMPLE RECIPES
See details »
CHICKEN-AND-BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE
See details »
CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | CALGARY CO-OP
See details »
HIGH-FIBER CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - RECIPES ...
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #main-dish #beans #poultry #mexican #oven #chicken #dietary #black-beans #meat #chicken-breasts #equipment
You'll also love