CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
My family's take on chicken corn chowder. Use good quality thick bacon for the recipe, and go organic for as many ingredients as possible. Must use yukon gold or other smaller gold potatoes as they help thicken the soup. Use of other potatoes will not work. This is not a low fat/low calorie food, just a warning.
Provided by djunqx
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Chop bacon and place In large soup kettle or dutch oven and cook to render the fat - on the stovetop of course. Meanwhile, chop celery, carrots, onion.
- 2. To the fat add the chopped/diced mirepoix (onions, celery, carrot) sweat for about 10 minutes on low heat, covered but stir occasionally and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Add chicken stock and chicken breasts. You can use frozen chicken if you'd like. Add bay leaves, rosemary. Bring to boil and cover, place on simmer for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4. Remove chicken, set aside. Remove bay leaves and rosemary sprigs; do not add them back to the soup.
- 5. Peel and dice the 5 cups of yukon gold potatoes and corn. Add to soup pot.
- 6. Dice chicken into quarter inch pieces and add back to soup pot. Bring back to boil.
- 7. Cover, decrease heat to simmer, stir occasionally for 45 min or until potatoes break down. Soup should be thickening.
- 8. Add cream and butter, continue to cook on simmer 5-10 minutes,covered.
- 9. Taste prior to serving as you may want more salt and/or pepper.
POTATO, BACON, AND CORN CHOWDER
- Cook the bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium heat until the fat has rendered, and the bacon is crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon, leaving the grease in the pan. Stir the carrot, celery, and bay leaf into the bacon grease; cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in the milk, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once simmering, cook for 5 minutes, whisking frequently. Add the bacon, cooked vegetables, potatoes, and corn. Return to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes more. Use additional milk as needed to to achieve desired consistency. Garnish with paprika to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267.7 calories, Carbohydrate 35.6 g, Cholesterol 27.6 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 475.3 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON
My husband loves this soup on cold winter days, which are plentiful here in Michigan! He's not a fan of veggies, but he gobbles them up in this soup!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. , In the drippings, saute the onion, celery and green pepper until tender. Add the potatoes, broth, salt, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender., Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into pan. Add corn. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bacon.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
When I haven't planned for dinner, I often play around with ingredients in my pantry instead of running to the store. This recipe was a happy experiment. Cut some fat by omitting the bacon-it's still tasty. —Barbara Banski, Fenton, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (1-1/2 quart).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender., Stir in corn, chicken, milk, bouillon and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Top servings with bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474 calories, Fat 18g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 1252mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
EASY CHICKEN AND CORN CHOWDER
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir carrot, celery, onion, and garlic into hot butter until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Stir flour into mixture to make a paste; cook until lightly browned and flour gives off a slightly toasted smell, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully, flour burns easily. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Stir white and yellow corn, potatoes, chicken, and 3 cups of chicken stock in a large soup pot over medium heat. Whisk remaining 1 cup chicken stock into vegetables and flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir mixture into ingredients in soup pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Stir half-and-half, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper into chowder. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.4 calories, Carbohydrate 49.9 g, Cholesterol 77.1 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 15.2 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 489.3 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
CHICKEN, BACON AND CORN CHOWDER
I recently made chef #157425 wonderful recipe #180869 and it is the base for this version. We loved the spicy flavors of the Rotel and the smoky taste of the cheese. Using the Green Giant brand, the whole kernel corn turned out slightly crisp but cooked through, which is what we were looking for. This is also a quick weeknight meal to put together for your family.
Provided by Nimz_
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- In a small bowl, mix soup and broth together until smooth.
- Add soup mixture, Rotel, corn, bacon and chicken to the vegetables and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add milk and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the cheese and lots of fresh ground pepper to taste and heat until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with cornbread or fresh hot dinner rolls and a salad.
CHICKEN AND CORN CHOWDER
In-season corn is so sweet, it's the perfect ingredient for a creamy summer chowder. Make sure to use the back of your knife to scrape off all the starchy liquid from the cobs to get the most flavor of the naturally sweet corn in your chowder.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut the kernels off the corn and scrape the cobs with the back of a knife to remove the liquid. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a dutch oven or other large pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon; remove 2 tablespoons of the drippings and set aside.
- Reduce the heat under the pot to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the chopped onion, corn and liquid, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onion is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chopped garlic to the pot and season with the smoked paprika and thyme; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and 1 teaspoon salt; cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Smash some of the potatoes with a fork to thicken the soup. Stir in the chicken and heavy cream and cook until the chicken is warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Heat the reserved bacon drippings in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and cook until browned, 3 minutes, adding the sliced garlic during the last 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon to the plate with the bacon. Divide the soup among bowls; top with the bacon, onion and garlic.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 570, Fat 37 grams, SaturatedFat 18 grams, Cholesterol 97 milligrams, Sodium 968 milligrams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 22 grams, Sugar 10 grams
CHICKEN AND BACON CORN CHOWDER
- To poach the chicken: Combine the chicken, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, pepper and a tablespoon of salt large pot. Add water to cover, at least 3 quarts. Bring the water to a simmer over medium heat, skimming occasionally. Skim, add more water if necessary to keep the chicken covered, and continue to gently simmer until the chicken is fully cooked (the juices from the thigh will run clear), about 40 minutes. Drain the chicken reserving the broth. Allow the chicken to cool then remove the meat from the bones. Discard the bones and refrigerate the meat until ready to make the chowder. Measure out 1 1/2 quarts of the broth and reserve for the chowder. Freeze or refrigerate any remaining broth until needed for another purpose.
- To make the chowder: Heat the bacon and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until the bacon fat is rendered and the meat firming but not yet crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the celery and onions. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Add the potatoes, corn, and thyme. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are fully soft, about 8 additional minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot. Bring the broth to a simmer over medium-high heat. Turn down the heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cream and reserved chicken. Return the chowder to a simmer, season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into warm bowls and serve.
More about "chicken bacon and corn chowder recipes"
INSTANT POT CHICKEN POTATO CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON ...
5/5 (20)Total Time 30 minsCategory SoupsCalories 498 per serving
- Switch on the saute function on your instant pot and add bacon. Cook the bacon till golden brown. Remove the bacon and set aside, while leaving the fat in the pot. Add onion, garlic and jalapenos and cook till the onions are soft.
- Add corn kernels, potatoes, chicken breast, chicken broth, thyme, salt and pepper. Give everything a quick mix, close the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Use the manual setting to cook the chowder for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, use quick release by turning the valve to venting with the back of a spoon. Turn on the saute function (switch to normal heat) and bring the soup to a simmer. Whisk together cream and flour and add it to the soup. Keep stirring the soup till it comes to a boil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes till the soup thickens and turn off the Instant Pot. Mix in the bacon, add some chopped chives. If the soup is too thick, add a little water, milk or broth to it to adjust the consistency.
- Serve this Instant Pot chicken potato corn chowder hot, topped with bacon and chives. The soup can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (43)Total Time 50 minsServings 5-6Calories 620 per serving
- Cut the corn off the cob. This is how I do it: Place a small ramekin in a large bowl. Place corn on the ramekin then cut the corn off. See video. Keep naked cobs.
- Place 1 tsp butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until golden. Use a slotted spoon to remove onto a paper towel lined plate. Leave fat in pot.
- Lower heat to medium high. Add 2 tbsp butter, once melted, add garlic and onion. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (11)Total Time 3 hrs 10 minsCategory SoupCalories 411 per serving
- Sear chicken in a skillet or pan over medium heat to brown all over, then transfer chicken to a 6qt slow cooker bowl.
- Cook bacon on high sauté setting until golden (about 6 minutes). Use a slotted spoon to transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Cook the chicken in the bacon fat on the same setting.
CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON (FREEZES WELL!) - SPEND ...
5/5 (27)Total Time 30 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 380 per serving
- Combine 1 ½ cups corn, 1 cup broth, and 1 tablespoon flour in the blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium and add onion and celery to the bacon grease in the pan and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add potatoes, remaining broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. For a thicker chowder, gently mash a few of the potatoes if desired.
CROCK POT CORN CHOWDER WITH CHICKEN AND BACON | TWO ...
4.5/5 (26)Total Time 5 hrs 10 minsCategory Soups & ChilisCalories 303 per serving
- Combine all ingredients except chicken breasts in your slow cooker, stirring to mix thoroughly and to break up any clumps of vegetables.
- Just before serving, use two forks to shred chicken. Or, remove chicken from slow cooker onto a plate or cutting board and cut it into small cubes, and then return chicken to soup in slow cooker.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND CORN CHOWDER - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (22)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8 See details »
CHICKEN AND CORN CHOWDER - ALL THE HEALTHY THINGS
5/5 (21)Total Time 40 minsServings 6Calories 563 per serving
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the bacon lardons to the pot. Cook the bacon for four to six minutes until crisp and then remove from the pot.
- Add the diced onion, diced celery, and garlic to the pot. Cook for two to three minutes until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Add the diced potatoes, dried oregano, green chiles, bay leaves, dried parsley, cumin, salt, and pepper to the pot and stir until well combined.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BACON CHOWDER - LOW CARB SOUP
5/5 (12)Servings 8
- Heat slow cooker on low setting. To slow cooker, add garlic, shallot, leek, celery, mushrooms, onions, 2 tbsp butter, 1 cup chicken stock, sea salt and black pepper. Cover, and cook vegetables on low for 1 hour. Complete this next step while the vegetables are cooking – In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pan-sear the chicken breasts in the remaining 2 tbsp butter until they are browned on both sides. – About 5 minutes each side. (Chicken will not be fully cooked during this stage.)
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. De-glaze the pan with the remaining 1 cup of chicken stock. Using a rubber spatula, scrape up any bits of chicken that may be stuck to the pan. Add chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, and thyme to the slow cooker. Stir until well combined and there are no longer any visible chunks of cream cheese.
- Once the chicken has cooled, cut it into cubes and add it to the slow cooker, along with bacon. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cover and let cook for 6-8 hours.
BACON CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
5/5 (10)Total Time 35 minsCategory MainCalories 345 per serving
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers and cook until soft, about five minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in cream cheese, chicken broth, half and half, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Cook until cream cheese is melted and soup is heated through, about 10-15 minutes.
CREAMY CHICKEN AND CORN CHOWDER - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (39)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 497 per serving
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, onions, jalapenos and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Stir in flour, and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. While stirring, slowly add in chicken broth and whisk until well blended.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a boil stirring frequently, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or just until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add in cooked chicken, corn and half and half and simmer, uncovered 10 - 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Serve warm topped bacon, green onions, and optional jalapeno peppers.
THE BEST CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | SELF PROCLAIMED …
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 293 per serving
- In a large stockpot or dutch oven, cook bacon pieces. Start over relatively high heat and then dial the heat down as the oil begins to foam. Stir occasionally. Once all of the bacon is cooked to a nice crisp, remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Remove any excess oil, leaving as much bacon flavor in the bottom of the pot as possible.
- Using the same pot over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the carrot, celery, and onion and cook until tender and just starting to brown, 5-10 minutes while occasionally stirring. Add the garlic, stir, and allow to cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and allow to cook for several minutes, stirring frequently. You may need to reduce the heat a bit to keep it from burning.
- Add the corn, potatoes, and chicken broth. Stir well, scraping the bottom of the pan to release anything that may have stuck. Cook over medium high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
CHICKEN, BACON AND CORN CHOWDER RECIPE — THE MOM 100
5/5 (1)Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Soup
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the carrots, pepper, celery and shallots, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 5 minutes until everything is fairly tender.
- Meanwhile, remove the kernels from the corn, puree about 1 ½ cups of the kernels in a food processor or blender with the cream. Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a simmer. Stir in the remaining corn kernels, the pureed corn and cream mixture, shredded chicken, and thyme, return the mixture to a simmer, adjust the heat, and simmer for a few minutes until the corn is crisp tender and just cooked. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
THE ULTIMATE CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER | BUNS IN MY OVEN
5/5 (1)Calories 219 per servingCategory Soup
- In a large soup pot, fry the bacon pieces until crisp. Remove from the pan, leaving the drippings, and set aside.
- Place the potatoes and white scallion pieces into the soup pot and cook over medium heat until the scallions have softened, 2 or 3 minutes.
CHICKEN AND BACON CHOWDER RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsServings 6Calories 400 per serving See details »
CHICKEN CHOWDER WITH POTATO, BACON, AND CORN RECIPE
4/5 (1)Category Mains, Soups And StewsServings 8Total Time 4 hrs See details »
BACON & CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Chicken, Soups & StewsCalories 422 per serving See details »
CHICKEN, CORN AND BACON CHOWDER | FOOD IN A MINUTE
5/5 (9) See details »
CHICKEN AND BACON CORN CHOWDER - CORN CHOWDER RECIPE
See details »
BEST CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER RECIPE EVER - BEST RECIPES
See details »
CHICKEN AND CORN CHOWDER WITH THYME RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
You'll also love