CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA
My wife and I went to that popular Italian-American restaurant chain for dinner recently, and I had their shrimp and chicken carbonara. It was absolutely delicious and I thought, 'What the heck, I'll try making this at home.' I found a few recipes online, but none grabbed me. After studying several recipes, I came up with this recipe on my own. It's fairly simple to make, and my wife said it was better than the original.
Provided by Kitchen Commander
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken with 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pan. Fry shrimp until red on the outside and white on the inside, 6 to 8 minutes. Place with the chicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Add bacon to the pan; cook until just crispy, not crunchy, about 6 minutes. Drain on 2 paper towels. Saute onion in the bacon grease until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- While onion is sauteeing, mix cream, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and remaining Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- Pour wine into the pan with the onions. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Cook until wine is mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the creamy egg mixture and reduce heat. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the chicken and shrimp; mix to coat. Serve on top of pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 956.4 calories, Carbohydrate 66.3 g, Cholesterol 407.2 mg, Fat 54 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 50.7 g, SaturatedFat 23.5 g, Sodium 918.3 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA
Olive Garden's new entree, Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara, was inspired by the chef's recent trip to Rome. A staple in Italian cuisine, Carbonara traces its roots to a hearty meal popularized by charcoal workers in Italian villages. Olive Garden's Carbonara combines chicken and shrimp with bucatini pasta in a pancetta and parmesan cream sauce. Baked and topped with seasoned breadcrumbs, the entrée takes an exciting twist on a classic dish. To learn more about the new menu item, visit www.olivegardennewfavorites.com.
Provided by angela.rambo
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk extra virgin olive oil together with hot water, seasoning and chopped garlic. Add the chicken strips (or shrimp). Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and bacon bits. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add flour, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, milk, pepper and salt to your bacon/butter base. Use a wire whisk to whip all ingredients together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Combine Romano, Parmesan, mozzarella, panko, chopped garlic, melted butter and chopped parsley in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Preheat large skillet. Add chicken (or shrimp) to pan. Add red peppers and bacon bits. Cook for 3 more minutes or until cooked on both sides and internal temperatures reach 165ºF for chicken and 155ºF for shrimp.
- Add sauce. Stir until well blended.
- Place hot, precooked pasta on a lager serving platter. Top with chicken (or shrimp) and sauce. Evenly distribute topping over top of chicken (or shrimp). Place in oven until top is golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
CREAMY FARFALLE WITH SHRIMP
This is so easy and amazing, it feeds an army. It is fresh and flavorful. I made this for my mom and some friends, they loved. On the day we were making marmalade and bread and butter pickles, I figured I would make this, this is my own recipe. I hope everyone enjoys it.
Provided by JoSele Swopes
Number Of Ingredients 19
- 1. Prep Veggies and Herbs, set aside. Wash and drain shrimp, place on paper towel to drain and pat dry. Place olive oil in large saute skillet, brown garlic, rosemary, thyme, in saute skillet. Be sure not to burn, add in shrimp sprinkle pink sea salton top of shrimp and saute on both sides approx 2 min per side till it has a touch on golden seare on it. Remove shrimp from pan, set aside.
- 2. Start pasta, and add sea salt to the water, should be aldente. Pour in wine to deglaze pan, add in cream cheese, stir constantly with wisk till sauce begins to form. Add 2 fine cut leaves of basil Stir in cream with whisk, add fresh parmesan cheese stirring constantly, sauce will be slightly thick. Place shrimp back in to pan, turn heat down and let simmer uncovered approx 10 min.
- 3. Drain and rinse pasta (aldente), place in large pasta bowl. Pour sauce onto pasta, fold in. Add in all vegetables except basil and fold in carefully. Sprinkle fine cut basil on top, serve immediately, sprinkle parmesan on top at serving with garlic toast or bread sticks.
CHICKEN CARBONARA FARFALLE WITH SHRIMP
- In a large bowl combine chicken olive oil, Chardonnay, balsamic vinegar and rosemary (rosemary must be fresh, dried cannot be substituted). Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 1hr.
- Cook cream over low heat in a large sauce pan stirring constantly. Add butter, red pepper flakes, black pepper & pancetta.
- Reduce cream by 1 third. Slowly stir in romano and mozerella cheeses and sundried tomatoes, adding chardonay as needed to maintain desired consistancy.
- Heat skillet and add chicken with all ingredients from marinade. Cook over medium-high heat till thorouly cooked and browned on both sides. Slice into bite size pieces and add to cream sauce.
- In a separate pot bring water to boil for the pasta and add pasta.
- Heat butter in skillet add shrimp garlic and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Do not overcook shrimp.
- Serve shrimp over sauce and pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 960, Fat 76.2, SaturatedFat 39.3, Cholesterol 454.4, Sodium 1249.6, Carbohydrate 10.7, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 2.7, Protein 49.6
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned but not crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion to the drippings and saute over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute until onion is tender, 3 to 4 minutes more. Pour in wine and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until wine evaporates. Add mixture to the bacon.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat chicken in just enough oil to moisten. Place in the same skillet that was used for the bacon. Heat over medium heat and cook, sprinkling chicken with 1/2 of the basil, a pinch of nutmeg, and pepper, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn chicken and repeat seasoning on the other side. Continue to cook until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes more. Stir bacon mixture into the chicken and keep warm until pasta is done.
- Combine eggs, cream, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg in a jar or shaker. Cover and shake until well combined.
- Drain pasta and set aside in a bowl.
- Dump chicken mixture and all drippings into the pasta pot, away from the heat. Add pasta and toss well. All at once, pour egg mixture into the pot, tossing quickly and thoroughly to cook, but not curdle. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 770.7 calories, Carbohydrate 59.2 g, Cholesterol 267.1 mg, Fat 38.7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 44.7 g, SaturatedFat 16.7 g, Sodium 792.8 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
EASY CHICKEN & FARFALLE PASTA
Make this Easy Chicken & Farfalle Pasta for a quick weeknight dish. This Easy Chicken & Farfalle Pasta is ready in 30 minutes and serves six people.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding peas and carrots to the boiling water for the last 3 min.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir chicken in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 3 to 4 min. or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Add onions and dressing to skillet; cook 5 min. or until onions are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in broth and basil. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 3 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta mixture. Add to chicken mixture in skillet; mix lightly. Serve topped with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 27 g
More about "chicken carbonara farfalle with shrimp recipes"
BEST CHICKEN CARBONARA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CARBONARA
5/5 (30)Total Time 25 mins
FARFALLE WITH CARBONARA AND SPRING PEAS | COOKSTR.COM
Category Cookstr RecipesEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- First of all, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the farfalle, and cook according to the packet instructions. Whisk the egg in a bowl with the cream, salt and pepper. Put your pancetta or bacon into a second pan and cook until crispy and golden.
- When the farfalle is nearly cooked, add the peas for the last minute and a half. This way they will burst in your mouth and be lovely and sweet. When cooked, drain in a colander, saving a little of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the pancetta and stir in most of the mint, finely sliced – if the pan isn’t big enough, mix it all together in a large warmed bowl.
- Now you need to add the egg and cream mix to the pasta. What’s important here is that you add it while the pasta is still steaming hot. This way, the residual heat of the pasta will cook the eggs, but not so that they resemble scrambled eggs, as I’ve seen in some dodgy old restaurants on the motorway! The pasta will actually cook the egg enough to give you a silky smooth sauce. Toss together and loosen with a little of the reserved cooking water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the Parmesan and the rest of the mint leaves, and serve as soon as possible.
CHICKEN CARBONARA RECIPE | RECIPELAND
4/5 (567)Total Time 45 minsServings 6Calories 947 per serving
FARFALLE PASTA AND SHRIMP RECIPE - HOME CHEF
Total Time 35 minsCalories 80 per serving
10 BEST FARFALLE WITH CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
FARFALLE CARBONARA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3/5 (3)Calories 348 per servingServings 4
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons water and garlic; remove from heat.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large stockpot. Add farfalle; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, and whisk into the eggs, stirring vigorously. Drain farfalle; add to garlic mixture in skillet. Stir well. Add egg mixture to farfalle. Cook mixture over medium-low heat until thick (about 4 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.
CREAMY CHICKEN AND SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE - YUMMY ADDICTION
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsServings 6
- Lightly season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika. In a large skillet, heat the tablespoon olive oil and cook the shrimp 1-2 minutes per side until fully cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and cook the bacon and garlic until crisp, for about 8 minutes. Let cool.
CREAMY CHICKEN AND FARFALLE PASTA | BEV COOKS
Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCalories 3070 per serving
- Rub the Italian seasoning all over the chicken breasts. Bring the extra-virgin olive oil to a medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides until nearly blackened and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, covered. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- To the pan, add the heavy cream, the juice from one lemon, the crushed red pepper and a good pinch of salt. Let simmer on a medium heat for about five minutes. Quarter the other lemon for later.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, then transfer to the cream sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add about 1/4 cup of pasta water to thin it out. The starchy water will add more depth to the sauce.
THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY FARFALLE WITH CHICKEN AND ROASTED ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 1336 per serving
HERB MARINATED GRILLED SHRIMP FARFALLE RECIPE | BERTOLLI
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SHRIMP PRIMAVERA CARBONARA RECIPE | BERTOLLI
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHICKEN SHRIMP CARBONARA RECIPE EASY - ALL INFORMATION ...
CHICKEN CARBONARA FARFALLE WITH SHRIMP - ALL INFORMATION ...
WORLD BEST FLAKES : CHICKEN CARBONARA FARFALLE WITH SHRIMP
CHICKEN CARBONARA FARFALLE WITH SHRIMP (OR WITHOUT SHRIMP ...
FARFALLE CARBONARA RECIPE
BOWTIE CHICKEN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CHICKEN CARBONARA FARFALLE WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - GENIUS ...
10 BEST SHRIMP FARFALLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken and shrimp Carbonara?Creamy, rich, and comforting, this Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara is guaranteed to up your mood after a long day at work! Lightly season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika. In a large skillet, heat the tablespoon olive oil and cook the shrimp 1-2 minutes per side until fully cooked.
How do you cook shrimp and chicken in a pasta sauce?Add the chicken to the pan with the bacon and stir. Add the pasta and the cream and egg mixture and stir over a medium heat until the chicken is heated through and the sauce thickens, for a couple of minutes. Add the cooked shrimp, mix well, and cook for a couple of minutes more.
How long does it take to make Carbonara?Creamy Chicken Carbonara is made with the meat of roasted chicken, egg yolks, and loads of cream. What we love about this recipe is it can be done in under half an hour. And the finished dish would look like you have slaved over the stove for a long time too.
What is chicken Carbonara and what does it taste like?Chicken Carbonara – It’s everything you love about carbonara! Lots of bacon, cheese, that silky sauce, all tossed with perfectly al dente pasta and chicken. An entire meal in one!