CHICKEN MOLE WITH CORIANDER RICE
If you're a fan of chilli con carne, you'll love this dark, sweet and spicy South American stew with ancho, ground nuts and chocolate
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Put the chillies in a bowl and add enough boiling water to just cover. Leave to soften for 20 mins. If you can't find anchos, grill red peppers until they're really blackened and soft. Cool them, then peel and use as needed in the recipe, adding 1 tsp smoked paprika and a little extra chipotle to re-create the sweet, smoky flavour.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish, season the chicken, then brown on all sides. You may have to do this in batches so you don't overcrowd the dish. Remove to a plate. Add the onions to the dish and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the spices and cook for 1 min until aromatic.
- Remove the chillies from their soaking liquid, reserving the liquid, and discard the stalks and seeds. Put in a food processor with 4 tbsp of the soaking liquid, the garlic and raisins. Whizz to a paste, then tip into the dish. Add the peanut butter, chipotle paste, tomatoes and 400ml water (fill up the tomato can and swirl to get all the tomato bits out). Return the chicken to the dish and season. Cover with a lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hr.
- Remove the chicken pieces to a plate. Using 2 forks, shred the meat and discard the bones. Return the chicken to the sauce, add the chocolate and continue cooking, uncovered, for 30 mins more. If the sauce looks like it's getting a little too thick, add some of the chilli soaking liquid or some water.
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the red onion in a small bowl. Add the lime juice and a pinch of salt. Leave to pickle until ready to serve. When the rice is cooked, add the coriander and lime zest and juice, and fluff up with a fork. Remove the mole from the heat, scatter with the pickled red onion and serve alongside the rice, with soured cream and lime wedges, if you like.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN MOLE
A dark, rich, complex flavored Mole recipe. I generally shred the chicken so it will soak up the mole sauce and serve it with warmed tortillas. It is always a hit with those who like spicy foods. This recipe can be played with easily to tailor it to your own level of hotness and/or cocoa/peanut flavor. Mole is a sauce that has a lot of variations. I've even served it as a dip with corn chips!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by ELAINE05
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place onion, raisins, garlic, sesame seeds, chopped chipotle pepper, peanut butter and crushed tomatoes in slow cooker. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, and cocoa powder. Place chicken in the sauce.
- Cover; cook on Low until chicken is very tender, about 5 hours.
SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN MOLE
Dark chocolate and spices add richness to the Mexican chile sauce called mole (MOH-lay). Simmer it in a slow cooker along with chicken thighs for a warming weeknight dinner.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Season chicken thighs with salt and place in a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker. In a blender, puree tomatoes, onion, ancho and chipotle chiles, almonds, raisins, chocolate, garlic, oil, cumin, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add tomato mixture to slow cooker, cover, and cook on high until chicken is tender, 4 hours (or 8 hours on low). Serve chicken and sauce topped with cilantro.
If you're not familiar with chicken mole (pronounced mo-LAY), don't be afraid of this versatile Mexican sauce. I love sharing this chicken mole recipe because it's a great one to experiment with. -Darlene Morris, Franklinton, Louisiana
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle chicken with salt; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Place the tomatoes, onion, chiles, almonds, raisins, chocolate, oil, chipotle pepper, garlic, cumin and cinnamon in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Pour over chicken., Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender; skim fat. Serve chicken with sauce, and sprinkle with cilantro if desired. , Freeze option: Cool chicken in mole sauce. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet or Dutch oven until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken pieces in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in the bay leaf, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, cloves, and cinnamon until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, brown sugar, and chicken broth, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once simmering, stir in the chocolate chips until melted, then return the chicken pieces to the pot. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender and no longer pink at the bone, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the raisins, and cook 3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
In a world where chipotle is almost a supermarket staple, it's fair to say that authentic Mexican food has gone mainstream. And we couldn't be happier: We love the complex layering of flavors in real Mexican cooking. Mole, the signature sauce of Mexico.
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Jeanne Thiel Kelley
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add chicken to pot; sauté until lightly browned, adding more oil by tablespoonfuls as needed, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to large bowl.
- Return chicken and any juices to pot. Add broth and orange juice; bring just to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until chicken is tender and just cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add almonds, garlic, cumin, and coriander. Sautéuntil nuts and garlic begin to color, about 2 minutes. Add chiles and stir until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to large bowl. Pour chicken cooking liquid into saucepan with onion mixture (reserve pot). Add raisins, orange peel, and oregano to saucepan. Cover and simmer until chiles are very soft, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat; add chocolate. Let stand until chocolate melts and sauce mixture cools slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Working in small batches, transfer sauce mixture to blender and puree until smooth; return to reserved pot. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Coarsely shred chicken and return to sauce; stir to coat. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Chill until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm over low heat before serving.
- Transfer chicken mole to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas.
EASY CHICKEN MOLE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Marcela Valladolid
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make the mole sauce, soak the chiles in 1 1/4 cups water for 15 minutes. Drain well and discard the soaking liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until translucent, 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender with the chiles, chocolate, chicken broth, peanut butter, sugar, oregano and tostadas and blend until very smooth. Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the rotisserie chicken pieces and stir to combine.
EASY CHICKEN MOLE
This is the easiest Mole recipe you will ever find. I use a premade Mole sauce and spice it up to the amount of hotness I want. The brand I use is usually found in Wal-Mart. I use boneless skinless chicken thighs but any other chicken part can be used. The cooking time if really depending on how long the chicken cooks and how long you wait for the cooling of the water for the blending.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Sami D
Yield 5-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a heavy sauce pan boil the chicken thighs, no need to salt the water but you may if you desire. Don't discard the cooking water you will use it later.
- In a blender combine the premade Mole sauce and jalapenos. Using the jar the Mole came in add 3 jarfuls of the cooking water you used to cook the chicken. Blend until smooth and you don't see chunks of jalapenos.
- (Note: before blending you may want to wait for the water to cool down for a few minutes the heat of the water may make your blender top fly off spraying mole sauce everywhere. Experience talks--trust me.).
- Discard the unused water, leaving the chicken in the pot, once you have blended the mole sauce add it to the chicken and stir heating it through.
- Serve and enjoy! Try it with my Rice Recipe #199280, and corn tortillas.
People also searched
More recipes about "chicken mole recipes"
CHICKEN MOLE | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPE
2015-11-12 · Place the chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add the carrot, celery and onion halves, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Place the pan …
- Toast the peanuts in dry pan until golden, then finely chop.Place the chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Place the pan over a medium heat and, as soon as the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and poach the chicken for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until tender and cooked through.
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE WITH A DELICIOUS MOLE SAUCE
2014-06-17 · In a stock pot add the chicken broth, orange juice, and tequila over low heat. Brown the chicken thighs in a frying pan with the olive oil over medium heat. …
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES (VIDEO!)
2019-05-01 · Add the peanut butter, chicken broth, chili powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Blend until well combined. Return the mixture to the pot over medium heat. Cook to reduce for 15 minutes, …
- Add the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, tomatoes with green chiles. Stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2008-01-28 · DIRECTIONS Boil chicken in large stock pot and reserve liquid. In dutch oven, add oil, peanut butter, and flour and heat to light carmel color. Add enough of the reserved liquid (from boiling …
- Add enough of the reserved liquid (from boiling the chicken) to create a smooth gravy. (start with about 2 cups and add more as needed until it reaches a smooth gravy texture).
EASIEST CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | EVERYDAY EILEEN
2018-10-15 · Combine the black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the seasoning. In a large Dutch Oven, over medium heat, add the …
- Combine the black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the seasoning. In a large Dutch Oven, over medium heat, add the Tablespoon of olive oil and let heat up, add in the chicken breasts and brown. This will take about 5 -7 minutes. Set aside
- Keep Dutch Oven over a medium heat, add the other Tablespoon of olive oil and saute the onions until soft and add in minced garlic, cinnamon stick, pepitas, chopped almonds, cloves, and raisins. Saute a minute or two to let the flavors blend.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE | HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CHICKEN MOLE
2020-08-10 · Instructions To a food processor or blender, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic, tomatoes, ancho chile, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, toasted pepitas, raisins, …
- To a food processor or blender, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic, tomatoes, ancho chile, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, toasted pepitas, raisins, chocolate, salt, cumin and cinnamon; process until smooth.
- Add chicken to the hot oil and brown chicken on both sides; about 2 to 3 minutes per side. You will want to do this in batches. Add more oil if needed.
THE BEST CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD
2021-05-19 · To begin, boil 8-9 cups of water in a large stockpot or dutch oven. Then, add chicken pieces and continue boiling on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Skim away any foam as the chicken boils. …
EASY CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
2020-11-09 · Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bolillo, chiles, tomatillos, tomato, and sesame seeds and sauté for 10 minutes, until soft. Pour half the broth and boiled onion …
- In a large pot, heat water, salt, onion, chicken, and bay leaf. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate to cool off, and then shred. Discard bay leaf. Reserve broth and onion.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bolillo, chiles, tomatillos, tomato, and sesame seeds and sauté for 10 minutes, until soft.
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
2021-05-05 · Pat the chicken dry and season all sides with ancho powder, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Sear the chicken 5 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Add the broth or beer. Cover and …
MEXICAN CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2004-05-25 · Combine first 4 ingredients in a 2-quart casserole. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes or until tender. Add sugar and next 6 ingredients (sugar through …
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 2-quart casserole. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes or until tender. Add sugar and next 6 ingredients (sugar through chiles), and stir well. Arrange chicken over the tomato mixture, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and microwave at HIGH 8 minutes. Rearrange chicken, spooning the tomato mixture over the chicken; cover and microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from dish; set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine water and cornstarch, stirring until blended; add to tomato mixture. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 5 minutes, stirring after 2 1/2 minutes. Serve the chicken and tomato mixture over rice. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
EASY CHICKEN MOLE | BABAGANOSH
2020-12-09 · Tender, juicy, flavorful Chicken Mole recipe. Rich and smooth Mexican mole sauce is full of warming, savory flavors. This chicken with mole sauce is great over rice, in chicken mole tacos, and more! This easy mole recipe is made common ingredients without any obscure spices. It's gluten-free and light in calories. Read on to see my secret ingredient to make the tastiest mole sauce! Mole …
- Preheat a skillet and add the olive oil. Add the seasoned chicken breasts. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Remove the chicken onto a plate. The chicken won’t be fully cooked yet, and that’s OK.
- In the same skillet or in a small saucepan, sauté the diced onion, minced garlic clove, and diced jalapeño in 1 tablespoon of oil for about 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften. Add the chopped tomato, and the dried oregano, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt, to taste. If you want to add cinnamon, sesame seeds, nuts, or lime juice, add them at this time too. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. It should start to reduce in volume.
EASY CHICKEN MOLE | FAST INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN MOLE
Saute the onions and garlic in a skillet instead of the Instant Pot and proceed with the rest of step 1 and 2 to make the sauce. Place the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker as directed in step 3 and cook for …
- Set a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot or similar electric pressure cooker to SAUTE. Add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and sauté until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Turn off the Instant Pot and scrape the onion and garlic into a blender. Return the insert to the pot and set back to SAUTE. Add a few splashes of water, scrape up any browned bits, and discard them. You want the bottom of the Instant Pot to be fairly clean so that it does not burn. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- To the blender with the onions, add the tomatoes, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, pepitas, raisins, cocoa powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly coat the Instant Pot with nonstick spray and place the chicken in the Instant Pot. Pour the sauce over the top and do not stir. Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes (for chicken breasts) or 10 minutes (for chicken thighs). Vent immediately.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE and bring the sauce to a simmer. Let bubble, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is rich and thick, about 10 minutes. Place a layer of paper towels over the top as the sauce cooks to catch any splatters. While the sauce cooks, shred the chicken with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot and toss with the thickened sauce. Enjoy with any desired toppings over rice, as a filling for tacos or quesadillas, over nachos, or right out of the Instant Pot with a fork.
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE (EASY AND DELICIOUS) - THRIFT AND SPICE
2016-11-13 · Chicken Mole Recipe Steps. For the Chicken: Bring the chicken, garlic, onion, cilantro and salt and water to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Remove chicken from the pot and let the broth cool. Then strain it. For the Mole…
BEST CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MOLE
2021-04-10 · Heat oil in a Dutch oven on medium. Add onion, garlic and chili powder and cook until softened, stirring often, about 7 minutes. Stir in salsa and chicken broth, then whisk in Homemade …
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven on medium. Add onion, garlic and chili powder and cook until softened, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
23 MOLE POBLANO RECIPE IDEAS IN 2021 | COOKING RECIPES ...
Jul 22, 2021 - Explore david1958's board "Mole poblano recipe" on Pinterest. See more ideas about cooking recipes, recipes, mexican food recipes.
CHICKEN MOLE (MóLE COLORADITO CON POLLO) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
Set aside. Strip the stems and seeds from the dried chillies. Heat the oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Fry the chilies in batches for a few seconds on each side until crisp. Remove and ...
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
14 MOLE CHICKEN IDEAS | CHICKEN MOLE, MOLE RECIPE, MOLE
An Slow Cooker Chicken Mole recipe, with the same melding of spicy chilis, chocolate, and cinnamon of the Mexican classic dish, but with a simpler method! 7. Skirt Steak Recipes Flank Steak Recipes Grilled Steak Recipes Meat Recipes Mexican Food Recipes Steak Meals Healthy Taco Recipes Dinner Recipes Cooking Recipes. 98. Carne Asada for Steak Tacos . Mexican Food Recipes Dinner Recipes …
See details ››
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | THE WHOLE SMITHS REAL FOOD EVERY DAY
2021-04-24 · Add the almonds, raisins, pepitas, coconut sugar, cinnamon, peppercorns, tortillas, chipotle, chocolate, broth, 2 teaspoons salt, and the chicken thighs to the pot. Set the Instant Pot to Poultry on More, lock the lid into place, and cook for 60 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. Carefully remove the chicken and set aside.
See details ››
EASY CHICKEN MOLé RECIPE | DOñA MARIA MOLE SAUCE - YOUTUBE
Today I am making an easy simplified molé sauce with the help of Doña Maria's store bought jar of molé. This easy for ingredient sauce is great when you are ...
See details ››
TRADITIONAL MEXICAN CHICKEN MOLE RECIPES | CHICKEN RECIPES
1 day ago · Make This Chicken In Mole Recipe In Under An Hour Living Chicken Mole Poblano Two Ways To Make Mole Poblano The Hard Way And The Easy Chicken Mole Chocolate Chicken Mole Chicken Mole With Homemade Mole Sauce The Forked Spoon Instant Pot Chicken Mole Tacos Kevin Is Cooking Two Ways To Make Mole Poblano The Hard Way And The Chicken Mole With Homemade Mole …
See details ››