CHICKEN MOLE WITH CORIANDER RICE
If you're a fan of chilli con carne, you'll love this dark, sweet and spicy South American stew with ancho, ground nuts and chocolate
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Put the chillies in a bowl and add enough boiling water to just cover. Leave to soften for 20 mins. If you can't find anchos, grill red peppers until they're really blackened and soft. Cool them, then peel and use as needed in the recipe, adding 1 tsp smoked paprika and a little extra chipotle to re-create the sweet, smoky flavour.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish, season the chicken, then brown on all sides. You may have to do this in batches so you don't overcrowd the dish. Remove to a plate. Add the onions to the dish and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the spices and cook for 1 min until aromatic.
- Remove the chillies from their soaking liquid, reserving the liquid, and discard the stalks and seeds. Put in a food processor with 4 tbsp of the soaking liquid, the garlic and raisins. Whizz to a paste, then tip into the dish. Add the peanut butter, chipotle paste, tomatoes and 400ml water (fill up the tomato can and swirl to get all the tomato bits out). Return the chicken to the dish and season. Cover with a lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hr.
- Remove the chicken pieces to a plate. Using 2 forks, shred the meat and discard the bones. Return the chicken to the sauce, add the chocolate and continue cooking, uncovered, for 30 mins more. If the sauce looks like it's getting a little too thick, add some of the chilli soaking liquid or some water.
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the red onion in a small bowl. Add the lime juice and a pinch of salt. Leave to pickle until ready to serve. When the rice is cooked, add the coriander and lime zest and juice, and fluff up with a fork. Remove the mole from the heat, scatter with the pickled red onion and serve alongside the rice, with soured cream and lime wedges, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 690 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 93 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 28 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN MOLE
A dark, rich, complex flavored Mole recipe. I generally shred the chicken so it will soak up the mole sauce and serve it with warmed tortillas. It is always a hit with those who like spicy foods. This recipe can be played with easily to tailor it to your own level of hotness and/or cocoa/peanut flavor. Mole is a sauce that has a lot of variations. I've even served it as a dip with corn chips!
Provided by ELAINE05
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place onion, raisins, garlic, sesame seeds, chopped chipotle pepper, peanut butter and crushed tomatoes in slow cooker. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, and cocoa powder. Place chicken in the sauce.
- Cover; cook on Low until chicken is very tender, about 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 28.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 290.2 mg, Sugar 9.9 g
SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN MOLE
Dark chocolate and spices add richness to the Mexican chile sauce called mole (MOH-lay). Simmer it in a slow cooker along with chicken thighs for a warming weeknight dinner.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Season chicken thighs with salt and place in a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker. In a blender, puree tomatoes, onion, ancho and chipotle chiles, almonds, raisins, chocolate, garlic, oil, cumin, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add tomato mixture to slow cooker, cover, and cook on high until chicken is tender, 4 hours (or 8 hours on low). Serve chicken and sauce topped with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 695 g, Fat 40 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 59 g, SaturatedFat 11 g
If you're not familiar with chicken mole (pronounced mo-LAY), don't be afraid of this versatile Mexican sauce. I love sharing this chicken mole recipe because it's a great one to experiment with. -Darlene Morris, Franklinton, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle chicken with salt; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Place the tomatoes, onion, chiles, almonds, raisins, chocolate, oil, chipotle pepper, garlic, cumin and cinnamon in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Pour over chicken., Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender; skim fat. Serve chicken with sauce, and sprinkle with cilantro if desired. , Freeze option: Cool chicken in mole sauce. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet or Dutch oven until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311 calories, Fat 18g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 378mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken pieces in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in the bay leaf, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, cloves, and cinnamon until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, brown sugar, and chicken broth, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once simmering, stir in the chocolate chips until melted, then return the chicken pieces to the pot. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender and no longer pink at the bone, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the raisins, and cook 3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 609.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25.2 g, Cholesterol 145.4 mg, Fat 34.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 48.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 304.6 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
In a world where chipotle is almost a supermarket staple, it's fair to say that authentic Mexican food has gone mainstream. And we couldn't be happier: We love the complex layering of flavors in real Mexican cooking. Mole, the signature sauce of Mexico.
Provided by Jeanne Thiel Kelley
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add chicken to pot; sauté until lightly browned, adding more oil by tablespoonfuls as needed, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to large bowl.
- Return chicken and any juices to pot. Add broth and orange juice; bring just to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until chicken is tender and just cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add almonds, garlic, cumin, and coriander. Sautéuntil nuts and garlic begin to color, about 2 minutes. Add chiles and stir until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to large bowl. Pour chicken cooking liquid into saucepan with onion mixture (reserve pot). Add raisins, orange peel, and oregano to saucepan. Cover and simmer until chiles are very soft, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat; add chocolate. Let stand until chocolate melts and sauce mixture cools slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Working in small batches, transfer sauce mixture to blender and puree until smooth; return to reserved pot. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Coarsely shred chicken and return to sauce; stir to coat. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Chill until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm over low heat before serving.
- Transfer chicken mole to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas.
EASY CHICKEN MOLE
- To make the mole sauce, soak the chiles in 1 1/4 cups water for 15 minutes. Drain well and discard the soaking liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until translucent, 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender with the chiles, chocolate, chicken broth, peanut butter, sugar, oregano and tostadas and blend until very smooth. Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the rotisserie chicken pieces and stir to combine.
EASY CHICKEN MOLE
This is the easiest Mole recipe you will ever find. I use a premade Mole sauce and spice it up to the amount of hotness I want. The brand I use is usually found in Wal-Mart. I use boneless skinless chicken thighs but any other chicken part can be used. The cooking time if really depending on how long the chicken cooks and how long you wait for the cooling of the water for the blending.
Provided by Sami D
Yield 5-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a heavy sauce pan boil the chicken thighs, no need to salt the water but you may if you desire. Don't discard the cooking water you will use it later.
- In a blender combine the premade Mole sauce and jalapenos. Using the jar the Mole came in add 3 jarfuls of the cooking water you used to cook the chicken. Blend until smooth and you don't see chunks of jalapenos.
- (Note: before blending you may want to wait for the water to cool down for a few minutes the heat of the water may make your blender top fly off spraying mole sauce everywhere. Experience talks--trust me.).
- Discard the unused water, leaving the chicken in the pot, once you have blended the mole sauce add it to the chicken and stir heating it through.
- Serve and enjoy! Try it with my Rice Recipe #199280, and corn tortillas.
- Put the chicken and peppercorns in a large pot, cover with water and season with salt. Bring to a gentle simmer over low heat and cook until tender, about 40 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a large plate and set the cooking liquid aside.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, tossing, until golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish and transfer the rest to a blender. In the same skillet, toast the cloves, cinnamon stick, and anise and coriander seeds until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add to the blender.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the dried chile peppers. Heat 4 tablespoons canola oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the chiles and fry until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with hot water and set aside to soak until pliable, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the raisins, almonds, pumpkin seeds and tortilla pieces to the oil in the skillet and cook, stirring, until the seeds and tortillas are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add to the blender along with the oil from the skillet. Add the softened chiles and puree, pouring in 2 to 3 cups of the soaking liquid to make a thick, smooth sauce.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chile sauce and fry, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add 4 cups of the reserved chicken cooking liquid and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken, about 20 minutes. Add the chocolate and simmer, stirring frequently, until the chocolate melts and the sauce reduces, about 20 more minutes. Add the sugar and season with salt.
- Add the chicken pieces to the sauce and warm through over low heat. Garnish with the reserved sesame seeds.
- Photgraph by Con Poulos
More about "chicken mole recipes"
CHICKEN MOLE | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPE
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory Mains
- Toast the peanuts in dry pan until golden, then finely chop.Place the chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Place the pan over a medium heat and, as soon as the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and poach the chicken for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until tender and cooked through.
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE WITH A DELICIOUS MOLE SAUCE
Reviews 5 See details »
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES (VIDEO!)
4.6/5 (22)Category Main CourseCuisine MexicanTotal Time 40 mins
- Add the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, tomatoes with green chiles. Stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Category Chicken Thigh & LegServings 6-8Total Time 45 mins
- Add enough of the reserved liquid (from boiling the chicken) to create a smooth gravy. (start with about 2 cups and add more as needed until it reaches a smooth gravy texture).
EASIEST CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | EVERYDAY EILEEN
5/5 (11)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main DishCalories 232 per serving
- Combine the black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the seasoning. In a large Dutch Oven, over medium heat, add the Tablespoon of olive oil and let heat up, add in the chicken breasts and brown. This will take about 5 -7 minutes. Set aside
- Keep Dutch Oven over a medium heat, add the other Tablespoon of olive oil and saute the onions until soft and add in minced garlic, cinnamon stick, pepitas, chopped almonds, cloves, and raisins. Saute a minute or two to let the flavors blend.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE | HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CHICKEN MOLE
5/5 (8)Category DinnerCuisine MexicanTotal Time 40 mins
- To a food processor or blender, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic, tomatoes, ancho chile, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, toasted pepitas, raisins, chocolate, salt, cumin and cinnamon; process until smooth.
- Add chicken to the hot oil and brown chicken on both sides; about 2 to 3 minutes per side. You will want to do this in batches. Add more oil if needed.
THE BEST CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD
5/5 (1)Category RecipesCuisine MexicanTotal Time 2 hrs 15 mins See details »
EASY CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
5/5 (1)Category Dinner, Main CourseCuisine MexicanTotal Time 45 mins
- In a large pot, heat water, salt, onion, chicken, and bay leaf. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate to cool off, and then shred. Discard bay leaf. Reserve broth and onion.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bolillo, chiles, tomatillos, tomato, and sesame seeds and sauté for 10 minutes, until soft.
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
5/5 (1)Servings 4Cuisine MexicanCategory Main Course See details »
MEXICAN CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (9)Servings 6
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 2-quart casserole. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes or until tender. Add sugar and next 6 ingredients (sugar through chiles), and stir well. Arrange chicken over the tomato mixture, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and microwave at HIGH 8 minutes. Rearrange chicken, spooning the tomato mixture over the chicken; cover and microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from dish; set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine water and cornstarch, stirring until blended; add to tomato mixture. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 5 minutes, stirring after 2 1/2 minutes. Serve the chicken and tomato mixture over rice. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
EASY CHICKEN MOLE | BABAGANOSH
4.8/5 (9)Category DinnerCuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hr
- Preheat a skillet and add the olive oil. Add the seasoned chicken breasts. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Remove the chicken onto a plate. The chicken won’t be fully cooked yet, and that’s OK.
- In the same skillet or in a small saucepan, sauté the diced onion, minced garlic clove, and diced jalapeño in 1 tablespoon of oil for about 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften. Add the chopped tomato, and the dried oregano, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt, to taste. If you want to add cinnamon, sesame seeds, nuts, or lime juice, add them at this time too. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. It should start to reduce in volume.
EASY CHICKEN MOLE | FAST INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN MOLE
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 257 per serving
- Set a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot or similar electric pressure cooker to SAUTE. Add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and sauté until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Turn off the Instant Pot and scrape the onion and garlic into a blender. Return the insert to the pot and set back to SAUTE. Add a few splashes of water, scrape up any browned bits, and discard them. You want the bottom of the Instant Pot to be fairly clean so that it does not burn. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- To the blender with the onions, add the tomatoes, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, pepitas, raisins, cocoa powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly coat the Instant Pot with nonstick spray and place the chicken in the Instant Pot. Pour the sauce over the top and do not stir. Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes (for chicken breasts) or 10 minutes (for chicken thighs). Vent immediately.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE and bring the sauce to a simmer. Let bubble, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is rich and thick, about 10 minutes. Place a layer of paper towels over the top as the sauce cooks to catch any splatters. While the sauce cooks, shred the chicken with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot and toss with the thickened sauce. Enjoy with any desired toppings over rice, as a filling for tacos or quesadillas, over nachos, or right out of the Instant Pot with a fork.
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE (EASY AND DELICIOUS) - THRIFT AND SPICE
4/5 (16)Category Main CourseCuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins See details »
BEST CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MOLE
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, Poultry
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven on medium. Add onion, garlic and chili powder and cook until softened, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
23 MOLE POBLANO RECIPE IDEAS IN 2021 | COOKING RECIPES ...
23 pins78 followers See details »
CHICKEN MOLE (MóLE COLORADITO CON POLLO) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
4/5 (8)Servings 4Cuisine MexicanCategory Main See details »
14 MOLE CHICKEN IDEAS | CHICKEN MOLE, MOLE RECIPE, MOLE
See details »
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | THE WHOLE SMITHS REAL FOOD EVERY DAY
See details »
EASY CHICKEN MOLé RECIPE | DOñA MARIA MOLE SAUCE - YOUTUBE
See details »
TRADITIONAL MEXICAN CHICKEN MOLE RECIPES | CHICKEN RECIPES
See details »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #poultry #mexican #easy #chicken #oaxacan #meat #chicken-breasts #taste-mood #savory #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love