AIR-FRYER COCONUT SHRIMP
Panko crumbs give this spicy air-fryer coconut shrimp its crunch. It's perfect as an appetizer or for your main meal. —Debi Mitchell, Flower Mound, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on., In a shallow bowl, toss coconut with bread crumbs. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Place flour in a third shallow bowl., Dip shrimp in flour to coat lightly; shake off excess. Dip in egg white mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere. , Place shrimp in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook 4 minutes; turn shrimp and continue cooking until coconut is lightly browned and shrimp turn pink, another 4 minutes., Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted. Serve shrimp immediately with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423 calories, Fat 10g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 440mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
CARIBBEAN COCONUT RICE WITH ISLAND PARADISE SHRIMP
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Rice preparation: Prepare rice according to package, but use mixture of coconut milk & water for the liquid. Let stand for an additional 5 minutes so that when you fold in the remaining ingredients, the cilantro doesn't completely melt from the heat. Or, you could fold the cilantro into the rice right before serving. Shrimp preparation: prepare frying pan with butter on medium heat. Add shrimp, lime juice, pineapple and garlic sea salt. Sauté for around 7 minutes or until shrimp is heated throughout. Fold in chopped cilantro and sauté for an additional 1 or 2 minutes before serving. Makes 6 small servings.
ISLAND COCONUT SHRIMP
- Heat oil in a pan on medium low (if oil is too hot the breading will fall off).
- Butterfly the shrimp; leave tail on.
- Spread flour on a plate.
- Mix eggs into a small bowl.
- Mix bag of panko and 1 cup of coconut into medium bowl
- Sprinkle a little garlic salt each shrimp.
- Cover the shimp with flour on plate.
- Dip flour covered shrimp into egg untill wet.
- Place shrimp into panko/coconut bowl and squeeze the batter on.
- Cook in oil until golden brown.
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rinse and dry shrimp with paper towels. Mix cornstarch, salt, and cayenne pepper in a shallow bow; pour coconut flakes in a separate shallow bowl. Working with one shrimp at a time, dredge it in the cornstarch mixture, then dip it in the egg white, and roll it in the coconut, making sure to coat the shrimp well. Place on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Bake the shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center and the coconut is browned, 15 to 20 minutes, flipping the shrimp halfway through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.1 calories, Carbohydrate 29.3 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 22.5 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 927.7 mg, Sugar 13.8 g
GRILLED COCONUT SHRIMP KABOBS WITH ISLAND SALSA
Coconut milk, lime, chili peppers and pineapple season the shrimp, served with a coconut, cilantro salsa. Posted for ZWT
Provided by BakinBaby
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Peel,and devein shrimp, retaining tails; set aside.
- Combine coconut milk,juice,garlic,peppers & seasonings; pour over shrimp; marinate no more than 1 hour.
- Thread shrimp and pineapple chunks on skewers; broil or grill 3 minute per side or until shrimp is done.
- Arrange coconut shrimp on large lettuce leaves on individual serving plates.
- Mix salsa ingredients in a medium sized bowl, chill 1 hour; serve as a side to the Shrimp Kabobs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584.6, Fat 39.2, SaturatedFat 13.5, Cholesterol 239, Sodium 1441.3, Carbohydrate 31.9, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 21.5, Protein 27.8
More about "island coconut shrimp recipes"
COCONUT SHRIMP - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 335 per serving
- For the mango sauce: Add the mango, lime juice, honey, sriracha, coconut extract and garlic to a food processor.
- Peel and devein shrimp before beginning. Leave tails on. Note that shrimp should be lightly damp before beginning, if it is dry toss with 1 - 2 Tbsp water (this ensures that the flour will stick later on).
- Pour vegetable oil into a 12-inch (and deep) saute pan or a pot and heat to 350 degrees over medium heat. While oil is coming up to heat prepare the shrimp (monitor temperature of oil while doing so).
EASY CARIBBEAN ISLAND LIME SHRIMP RECIPE
4.8/5 (20)Total Time 50 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, LunchCalories 251 per serving
ISLAND STYLE COCONUT SHRIMP | CTV NEWS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ISLAND COCONUT-SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
3.5/5 (20)Category AppetizerCuisine CaribbeanTotal Time 45 mins
RED LOBSTER PARROT BAY COCONUT SHRIMP - COPYKAT RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 416 per serving
- Combine the pina colada mix, the powdered sugar and the rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Place 1/2 cup cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil for deep frying - oil should be at 375 degrees for frying shrimp. Coat the shrimp twice as follows:First Coating: Cornstarch, then in the pina colada mix, then dust in bread crumb/coconut mixture. Second Coating: Pina colada mix, and then the bread crumb/coconut mixture.
- Place the prepared shrimp carefully into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Remove from the fryer and drain.
COCONUT SHRIMP CAKES RECIPE | EASY FRIED SHRIMP APPETIZER
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 320 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl combine ½ cup panko crumbs, ¼ cup dried coconut, chives, cilantro, fish sauce, Sriracha, lime juice, egg, garlic, and ginger.
SANDALS SECRET SHRIMP RUNDOWN RECIPE | SANDALS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ISLAND COCONUT SHRIMP WITH PIñA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
COCONUT RUM GRILLED SHRIMP - ISLAND LIFE NC
COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
COCONUT SHRIMP – FITLIFE RECIPES
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP - ISLAND LIFE NC
ISLAND COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
3 GREAT COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPES - YADAILYMOJO
ISLAND COCONUT-SHRIMP ROLLS - PILLSBURY.COM RECIPE
ISLAND COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPES
BAKED THAI COCONUT SHRIMP - SPICE ISLANDS
COCONUT SHRIMP - DAMN DELICIOUS
CRUNCHY "FRIED" ISLAND COCONUT SHRIMP - HEALTHY IN THE KITCHEN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #south-west-pacific #appetizers #main-dish #seafood #shrimp #hawaiian #shellfish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp in a coconut mixture?Coat shrimp in coconut mixture: Transfer shrimp to shredded coconut mixture, scoop some of the mixture over the shrimp then press to get the mixture to stick well on both sides. Set each on baking sheet while preparing the remaining: Align prepared shrimp on an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet, repeating process until all of the shrimp are coated.
How to make parrot Bay coconut shrimp?Here’s what you need to make Parrot Bay coconut shrimp: In a deep bowl, combine bread crumbs, cornstarch, and coconut flakes. In a small bowl, combine pina colada mix, powdered sugar, and rum. Place additional cornstarch in a separate small bowl. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
How do you make red lobster shrimp Pina Coladas?Recreate this Red Lobster shrimp at home. In a deep bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and the coconut and set aside. Combine the pina colada mix, the powdered sugar and the rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Place 1/2 cup cornstarch in a separate bowl.
How do you cook raw shrimp in the oven?Prepare the shrimp and coat as directed in the flour, eggs and coconut mixture. Align on a baking sheet. Spray the shrimp with a fair amount of olive oil cooking spray, turn and spray opposite side. Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through.