CHINESE RESTAURANT FRIED RICE
Chinese fried rice that tastes just like in the Chinese restaurants. I have tried many recipes and was never able to make it taste like in the restaurants until I met someone who was a chef in a Chinese restaurant and let me in on the secrets.
Provided by poune33
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook your rice (I use a rice cooker). You want it a bit on the crunchy side, so even though you might want to add more water, DON'T.
- Let your rice cool completely (I spread it out on a baking sheet and put it in the freezer if I'm in a hurry). You can even cook your rice the night before and let cool in the fridge.
- Heat a wok over high heat with 1 tbs. of oil. Add eggs and scramble until cooked. Add ham and peas and fry for about a minute.(You can add or omit any veggie/meat combo you want.).
- Remove omelet from wok. Clean the wok out a bit so the leftover egg doesn't burn while you're heating up your wok and oil again.
- Add remaining oil to the wok and heat over high heat until it is very hot. Add your cold rice to the wok and stir to coat every grain. (You can add some more oil if you want; it just depends on how greasy you like it.).
- Add your chicken stock to the rice; do it a little bit at a time to give the rice a chance to soak up the liquid. I'm not sure exactly the amount of stock to be added; I eyeball it because it seems to change every time. Basically, you want the rice to soak up the flavor, but you don't want to put in too much as it will end up quite sticky.
- Stir fry for a while, stirring constantly until there is no liquid left, then chop up your omelet and add it, along with the soy sauce and salt. Stir. You can add more or less soy sauce and salt according to your taste. NOTE: In this case, the salt is simply to enhance the flavor of the dish, not to make it salty. And remember that soy sauce is salty in itself--unless you use the salt-free or low-salt type. (It is an MSG substitute.).
- Enjoy! It's the best homemade fried rice you'll ever make!
CHINESE CHICKEN FRIED RICE I
Chicken fried rice, just like they serve in the restaurants! A stir fry with chicken, rice, soy sauce and veggies like peas, carrots, celery and bell peppers. This is something my sister just sort of whipped up one day. It's very good!
Provided by sal
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, then add chicken and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, celery, red bell pepper, pea pods and green bell pepper and stir-fry another 5 minutes. Then add rice and stir thoroughly.
- Finally, stir in scrambled eggs and 1/3 cup soy sauce, heat through and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424.9 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 133.9 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 34.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 1060.4 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
CHINESE FRIED RICE
This Chinese fried rice has the flavor those other recipes are missing. Tastes like takeout. I want to dedicate this dish to Bergy, whose recipe "AM & B's Indonesian Mehoon" has inspired this dish. Make sure you season your rice with salt before it cooks. Add some butter to the cooking water, as well. Other seasonings should be added before you cook, as well, so it has time to get inside the rice. If you like sesame flavor, add 1 tsp. of it after you add the green onions, but do not use it as a cooking oil because it easily burns.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
- Allow wok to cool slightly.
- Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
- Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired.
- Put the mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with boiling water and soak until re-hydrated, about 20 minutes. Drain, squeeze dry, and cut mushrooms in quarters. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a well-seasoned wok or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the pan. Pour in the eggs, swirl the pan so the egg forms a large thin pancake. (Lift the edge of the egg to allow any uncooked egg to run to the center.) As soon as the egg has set, turn it out of the pan onto a cutting board. Cool, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and heat the remaining peanut oil over high heat. Add the scallions and carrots and stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, garlic, chile, and ginger, stir-fry for 1 minute more. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and rice and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the meat, peas, and reserved egg, cook, stirring until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
TRADITIONAL MANDARIN FRIED RICE
- In a wok, add 2 tablespoons of oil and quickly soft-scramble the eggs. Remove the eggs. In the same wok, coat with oil and stir-fry garlic and ginger. Add white scallions and lapchang. Add rice and mix thoroughly. Add soy sauce, white pepper and scrambled eggs. Check for seasoning. Serve immediately.
FRIED RICE RESTAURANT STYLE
- In a saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, boil carrots in water about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop peas into boiling water, and drain.
- Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.2 calories, Carbohydrate 39.7 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 380.9 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
CHINESE FRIED RICE
- Heat a wok or medium skillet over high heat. Add the oil, and heat until it is very hot, but not smoking.
- Add the ginger and chili to the pan; saute until golden brown. Add the scallions; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs, and stir creating curds, as if you were making scrambled eggs. Take care not to shake the pan too much, as this will cause it to cool down.
- Stir in rice. Pour over the wine or sherry, and cook until the wine has evaporated.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are heated through. Serve immediately.
CHINESE FRIED RICE
Chinese Fried Rice
Provided by StrayBoyScouts
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in wok; add chopped onions and sauté until onions brown in color; remove from wok.
- Allow wok to cool slightly.
- Mix egg with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon sesame oil; set aside.
- Add ½ tablespoon oil to wok. Add meat and carrots.
- Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well.
- In the middle of the rice, make a hole and add the egg mixture. Once it starts to set, mix in with the rest of the rice.
- Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and sauté until thoroughly mixed.
ONE-POT CHINESE FRIED RICE RECIPE BY TASTY
- In a large pan with olive or vegetable oil at medium heat, stir the green peas and carrots until both begin to soften.
- Add garlic, shrimp, and ham, cook until the shrimp turns slightly pink, about 2 minutes.
- Move the ingredients to a corner of the pan and add the rice and eggs, mix well.
- Toss all ingredients together and add soy sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 23 grams, Sugar 2 grams
CHINESE CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE BY TASTY
This homemade version of the take-out classic is made with just seven ingredients and all in one pan. It comes together in no time at all, is super flexible, and 100% budget-friendly. Don't like chicken? Just swap it out for your favorite protein and create the fried rice of your dreams. With a recipe this easy, who needs take-out?
Provided by Evelyn Liu
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add the oil then stir in eggs and fry until just cooked. Once cooked, remove eggs from the wok and set aside.
- Heat up the wok until smoking hot and pour in the oil.
- Add the chicken breast and fry until they are just cooked.
- Add the rice and keep frying until they turn slightly brown.
- Add the vegetables and fry everything together until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir.
- Add the cooked eggs back in and toss them around until they break into pieces.
- Add in the spring onions and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1021 calories, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 69 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 56 grams, Sugar 2 grams
CHINESE FRIED RICE DELUXE
- Heat 2 tablespoons lard or cooking oil. Beat eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and scramble in oil until firm, breaking into small pieces. Remove and reserve. Heat remaining oil. Add scallion and shrimp and remaining salt. Cook until shrimp shows pink. Break up lumps of cold cooked rice. Add to shrimp. Stir until rice is heated and the grains of rice are separated. Make a hole in the center of the rice. Add all the rest of the ingredients except soy sauce. Stir until thoroughly heated and mixed. Sprinkle soy sauce over rice and mix evenly through. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with additional chopped scallions if desired.
More about "chinese fried rice recipes"
CHINESE FRIED RICE (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!) - RASA MALAYSIA
4.7/5 (20)Total Time 20 minsCategory Chinese RecipesCalories 641 per serving
- Heat up a wok or skillet on high heat. Add the cooking oil and and sauté the garlic until aromatic. Add the Chinese lap cheong sausage, stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the beaten eggs, let cook and break the eggs into pieces using a spatula. Add the mixed vegetables and stir well. Add in the rice, stir to combine well with all the ingredients.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce (or oyster sauce), ground pepper, salt and continue to stir-fry for a minute or two. As soon as the rice becomes toasty, dish out and serve immediately.
THE BEST CHINESE FRIED RICE (EASY 15-MINUTE RECIPE)
4.5/5 (22)Total Time 15 minsCategory Main, SideCalories 284 per serving
CHINESE FRIED RICE | RECIPE WITH VIDEO | KITCHEN STORIES
CHINESE FRIED RICE - COOKING THERAPY
CHICKEN FRIED RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
STIR-FRIED PEA RICE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
SPECIAL FRIED RICE - CHINESE RECIPES FOR ALL
CHINESE EGG FRIED RICE RECIPE 蛋炒饭 | HUANG KITCHEN
FRIED RICE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE FRIED RICE: 13 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
FRIED RICE - TRADITIONAL CHINESE RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
CHINESE FRIED RICE (10 MINUTES!) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
HOW TO COOK THE BEST RESTAURANT STYLE FRIED RICE - TASTE OF …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHINESE FRIED RICE | CHATELAINE
CHINESE FRIED RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHINESE VEG FRIED RICE
CHINESE PORK FRIED RICE | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
FRIED RICE RECIPE | VEGETABLE FRIED RICE - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE VEG FRIED RICE | CHINESE VEG FRIED RICE RECIPE
ALL ABOUT CHINESE FRIED RICE - THE SPRUCE EATS
AUTHENTIC CHINESE EGG FRIED RICE RECIPE – EATING CHINA
10 BEST FRIED RICE CHINESE WITH EGG RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHINESE FRIED RICE RECIPE - BLOGCHEF
FRIED RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
CHINESE FRIED RICE RECIPE, HOW TO MAKE CHINESE FRIED RICE
BEST 35 CHINESE FRIED RICE RECIPES - HOME, FAMILY, STYLE AND ART …
FRIED RICE NUTRITION DATA - THERESCIPES.INFO
22 FRIED RICE RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
FRIED RICE WITH CHINESE CABBAGE AND CARROTS: BALANCED MAIN COURSE ...
HOW TO COOK THE BEST CHINESE FRIED RICE WITH ONLY SIX INGREDIENTS
FAVORITE FRIED RICE! | GIMME SOME OVEN
BEEF FRIED RICE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
ASIAN INSPIRED FRIED RICE RECIPE SELECTION - CAROLINA® RICE
CHINESE BEEF FRIED RICE
CHINESE BANQUET FRIED RICE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT AND EASY! CHINESE CHICKEN FRIED RICE …
EASY CHINESE CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
10 BEST CHICKEN CHINESE STYLE FRIED RICE RECIPES - YUMMLY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #healthy #side-dishes #rice #asian #chinese #dietary #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make chicken fried rice?This chicken fried rice recipe is very easy and tasty! It's basically cooked chicken, rice, soy sauce, and shredded egg stir-fried together. For best results, use leftover cooked rice. Beat egg and water together in small bowl. Melt butter in a large skillet or wok over medium-low heat; add egg and cook without stirring, 1 to 2 minutes.
How do you make fried rice with soy sauce?Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again. This easy fried rice goes with just about any entrée.
What is Chinese fried rice?This easy Chinese Fried Rice recipe is the best ever! Made with egg, rice and lots of vegetables, it makes a healthy Asian dinner or side that tastes even better than takeout. Ready to eat in just 15 minutes.
How do you cook rice in a wok?Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.