CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: breads, ripe bananas, eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, chocolate chips, ice cream, chocolate syrup, whipped cream
Provided by Tasty
Categories Bakery Goods
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- On a cutting board, cut bread into small cubes. Place onto a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 5 minutes to help dry the bread out.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ripe bananas and mush.
- Add in beaten eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, and stir.
- Once fully mixed, add bread and let it soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add in chocolate chips. Stir together, and spoon mix into a large muffin tin. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes.
- Scoop your favorite ice cream or whipped cream and top with chocolate syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413 calories, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 28 grams
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
Nothing tops old-fashioned banana bread, except maybe this chocolate version! Each slice is studded with nuts. -Connie Deke, DeWitt, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan., Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 294mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil over medium-high. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar and whisk to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Layer 13 chocolate wafers in a 2-quart baking dish. Add half the chocolate mixture, then top with lengthwise banana slices. Top with 13 more cookies and remaining chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate until pudding is set and cookies are tender, about 2 hours (or up to 1 day). Top with round banana slices and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437 g, Fat 29 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in bread, bananas, and chocolate chips, and let stand 5 minutes for bread to soak. Pour into prepared pan.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place loaf pan on towel inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with water to reach halfway up the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479.4, Fat 13, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 114.3, Sodium 457.4, Carbohydrate 81.4, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 40.6, Protein 12
MAGNOLIA'S FAMOUS BANANA PUDDING
- In a stand mixer with the whisk, beat the condensed milk and water on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Add the pudding mix and beat until there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk, whip the heavy cream on medium speed for about 1 minute, until the cream starts to thicken, then increase the speed to medium-high and whip until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overwhip.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the pudding mixture a spoonful at a time. Mix until well blended and no streaks of pudding remain.
- To assemble, select a trifle bowl or a wide glass bowl with a 4- to 5-quart capacity, or individual serving bowls.
- Saving 4 to 5 cookies for the garnish on top, begin assembly. Spread one-quarter of the pudding over the bottom and layer with one-third of the cookies and one-third of the sliced bananas (enough to cover the layer). Repeat the layering twice more. End with a final layer of pudding. Garnish the top with additional cookies or cookie crumbs.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. Cookies should be tender when poked with a knife. This dessert is best served within 12 hours of assembling.
BANANA AND CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- Place bread into a bowl and drizzle with melted butter, mix well to coat.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, milk, nutmeg and vanilla together. In another bowl mash up 1 banana and add to custard, pour over the bread and allow to soak for 15 minutes. Dice up the other banana and fold into bread pudding mixture. Grease 6 (2 1/2-inch by 2?inch) tall ring mold and wrap the bottom with foil. Spoon bread pudding mixture into mold 1/2 way then press 1 chunk of chocolate into the center then continue to fill to the top. Bake in a 325 degree oven until it is set and brown, about 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with Dark Rum Creme Anglaise.
- To a saucepan add milk, scrape vanilla bean seeds into milk and add the pod. Bring almost to a boil. Remove from heat and allow bean to infuse for 10 minutes, then remove the bean. In a bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar until thick and light in color, then temper with hot milk. Pour mixture back into the pot and gently stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until custard thickens slightly. Remove from heat and strain through a fine sieve into a bowl over ice. Stir in rum and cover tightly so skin does not form while it is cooling.
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE-BANANA PUDDING
My family, from East Texas, only made banana pudding with chocolate pudding. I did not taste it made with vanilla pudding until after I got married. I converted my wife!
Provided by rnneal
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine milk and chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot, about 5 minutes.
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt together in a bowl. Add some of the hot liquid to the dry ingredients; mix well. Pour dry ingredients into the double boiler and stir well. Cover and cook over a rolling boil, stirring often, until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Pour some of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, whisking quickly to avoid scrambling the eggs. Pour the mixture back into the double boiler and whisk to combine. Whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Line the bottom of a serving bowl with wafer cookies. Pour in some of the pudding to cover and top with sliced bananas. Repeat layers until all of the pudding is gone, ending with bananas on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.9 calories, Carbohydrate 53.6 g, Cholesterol 70.2 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 140.9 mg, Sugar 31.4 g
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
Rustle up a moreish chocolate chip banana bread - it's a great way to use up ripe bananas that are lingering in the fruit bowl
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 900g loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment. Beat the softened butter and sugar together using an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Combine the egg and vanilla extract and pour this in, a little at at time, mixing between each addition. Fold in the flour, a pinch of salt, the baking powder, mashed banana and all but a handful of the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin and scatter over the rest of the chocolate chips. Bake for about 50 mins, or until puffed up and cooked through - a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf should come out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Slice before serving. Will keep in an airtight container for up to five days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 34 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 22 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.29 milligram of sodium
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING
Toronto pastry chef Anna Olsen includes this in her own Christmas Eve traditions! I like it because its actually a "double duty" recipe ........ I used half the banana bread on its own, then used the other half to make half the bread pudding. You could use your own favourite banana bread recipe - or even a store bought banana bread if you're really pushed for time. I served it warm with frozen vanilla yogurt but I actually preferred it the next day at room temperature.
Provided by CountryLady
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- BANANA BREAD: Beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in banana & vanilla; Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt, add to banana mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips & pecans and scrape batter into a greased 9 inch square pan; bake in preheated 350F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes; turn out & cool completely.
- BREAD PUDDING: Grease a 9 inch square pan & line with parchment so that some of the parchment hangs over the sides.
- Cut banana bread into one inch cubes & layer in pan.
- Heat cream & vanilla to just below a simmer; pour over chocolate, whisking gently to melt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, banana & salt; slowly add the hot cream mixture, whisking constantly until blended.
- Strain the chocolate custard mixture over the cubed banana bread, press down to soak & let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place the bread pudding dish into a large baking pan with a 2 inch lip; pour an inch of boiling water into the baking pan.
- Bake in a 300F preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the water bath & let cool; to serve, use edges of parchment to lift out, cut into squares & serve warm or room temperature.
BANANA-CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- In 1-quart saucepan, stir together granulated sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir in 1/2 cup of the strawberries. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 cup strawberries. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch quiche dish or 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat bananas, brown sugar, soymilk, egg product and vanilla with wire whisk until smooth. Fold in bread and 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips. Spread in quiche dish. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cut warm bread pudding into wedges. Serve warm pudding with strawberry sauce. Garnish with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 170 mg, Sugar 15 g, TransFat 0 g
BANANAS FOSTER BREAD PUDDING
Here is a nod both to the original bananas Foster at Brennan's restaurant in the French Quarter of New Orleans and to the luxe version of bananas baba au rhum that the Louisiana chef Allison Vines-Rushing once cooked at Jack's Luxury Oyster Bar in the East Village. Silky and rich, deep with the flavors of bananas, rum and custard, it is not much work to make, and pays off in incredible flavor. Do not be afraid to use an even darker sugar than the brown called for in the recipe, though molasses may be a step too far. You are looking for a deep caramel hue and flavor in the sauce, to complement the rum and the fruit. (And if you're looking to try the original, make our bananas foster recipe.)
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, ¼ cup of brown sugar, vanilla, 1 tablespoon rum and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the bread, and stir so that it absorbs the liquid. Set aside to soak.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish, and place it on a baking sheet. Line the bottom of the dish with banana coins, then spoon about ½ of the soaked bread over them. Top with banana coins, and spoon the remaining soaked bread over the top. Bake for 40 minutes, then sprinkle with the tablespoon of white sugar. Continue baking until the pudding is puffed and golden on top, approximately 50 to 60 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a small sauce set over medium heat. Add the remaining brown sugar, cream, remaining rum and salt, and whisk until combined. Simmer, whisking, until the sauce has thickened, approximately 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Serve the pudding warm, with some of the sauce drizzled over the top, alongside vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 404, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 551 milligrams, Sugar 29 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BANANA BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING
- Toast the bread, spread with butter and cut each slice into 6 equal pieces. Arrange, butter side up, with the banana in a microwavable dish (approx 23cm wide by 5cm deep).
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and milk in a jug. In a small bowl, add the cornflour with a little of the milk, mix until smooth, then stir into the jug. Pour over the bread and banana, then sprinkle with the extra sugar. Bake, uncovered, in the microwave on High for 8-10 mins. Stand for 5 mins before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 64 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 38 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.99 milligram of sodium
BANANA BREAD PUDDING
When I visited my grandmother in summer, I always looked forward to the comforting banana bread pudding she'd make. With its crusty golden top, custard-like inside and smooth vanilla sauce, this pudding is a real homespun dessert. Now I make it for my grandchildren. -Mary Detweiler, Middlefield, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 2-qt. casserole; pour butter over top and toss to coat. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in bananas. , Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. , Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter. Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm sauce over warm pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, Fat 21g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 157mg cholesterol, Sodium 561mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
More about "chocolate banana bread puddings recipes"
CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD PUDDING - CTV
- Whisk together eggs, bananas, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl until smooth; stir in bread, milk, and two tablespoons chocolate. Transfer remaining chocolate to a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour bread pudding mixture in prepared pie plate; spread in an even layer with a spatula. Cover; refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
CHOCOLATE BANANA PUDDING | A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING - AMUMMYTOO.CO.UK
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING | SIMPLE NOURISHED …
20 CHOCOLATE AND BANANA DESSERTS (+ EASY RECIPES)
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING - JESSIE SHEEHAN BAKES
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING | PAULA DEEN
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD (DOUBLE CHOCOLATE) - SIMPLY RECIPES
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE BANANA SOURDOUGH BREAD PUDDING - OF BATTER AND DOUGH
BANANA BREAD PUDDING (SIMPLE RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
INCREDIBLE BANANA BREAD PUDDING - FANTABULOSITY
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | 100K RECIPES
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - RECIPESMANUALS.COM
BANANA BREAD WITH PUDDING MIX | LEITE'S CULINARIA
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPES | THE CAKE BOUTIQUE
BANANA BREAD PUDDING WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SLOW COOKER BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CARIBBEAN BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | THE CAKE BOUTIQUE
BANANA CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING | EMERILS.COM
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO - ENGLISH
CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING: THE ULTIMATE DESSERT FOR CHOCOLATE FANS
CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD PUDDING | HUNGRY GIRL
BANANA, BREAD AND CHOCOLATE PUDDING - GOOD CHEF BAD CHEF
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL
BANANA CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING | EMERILS.COM
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - RECIPERAPTOR.COM
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD PUDDING - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #cupcakes #desserts #cakes
You'll also love