CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE
The fine, feathery crumb of this dessert, which is on the lighter side of chocolate cakes, is balanced by a slather of glossy, fudgy frosting. A topping of shredded coconut provides additional richness and texture. Make it the day before serving; its flavor only improves overnight.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield One 10-inch torte, 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, and bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Butter a 10-inch springform pan.
- Make the cake: In a metal bowl, combine the butter and chocolate; place the bowl over (not in) the pot of simmering water. Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat to cool slightly. (Alternatively, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave on a low setting.)
- Into a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Add the shredded coconut and stir to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the cooled chocolate mixture, mix to combine. Alternating, fold the flour mixture and the cream into the batter.
- In the clean bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold gently into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake emerges clean, about 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Make the frosting: In a medium heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate over a pot of simmering water (or you can do this in a microwave on a low setting). Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Cool slightly, until the chocolate thickens somewhat, then spread the frosting over the cake. Sprinkle coconut on top; let set, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 810, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 56 grams, Fat 63 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 42 grams, Sodium 179 milligrams, Sugar 31 grams, TransFat 1 gram
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CAKE I
- Mix and bake cake mix as directed for two 8 or 9 inch layers. Let layers cool then split each one in half horizontally to make a total of 4 layers.
- In a saucepan over medium heat mix together the white sugar, butter or margarine, and 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the marshmallows and mix until smooth. Stir in the coconut. Spread the filling between the cake layers.
- Mix together the cocoa, remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk, the confectioner's sugar, and the vanilla. Beat until smooth and spread over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 619.6 calories, Carbohydrate 120.4 g, Cholesterol 9.7 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 461.7 mg, Sugar 97.3 g
CHOCOLATE COCONUT BUNDT CAKE
I found this recipe about 25 years ago in a magazine. I realize it isn't a "from scratch" recipe, but sometimes you want something a bit out of the ordinary even though you are pressed for time. Its been a very popular dessert with my family for picnics, BBQ's, etc. and always a success at bake sales. It tastes like those chocolate covered coconut candy bars :)
Provided by Dee514
Yield 1 bundt cake, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Can use a chocolate glaze if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10" bundt pan.
- Filling: In a small bowl, beat egg whites till foamy.
- Slowly add sugar while beating whites until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in flour and coconut and set mixture aside.
- Cake batter: In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Beat for 2 minutes with mixer at medium speed.
- Pour about 1/3 to 1/2 of the batter into the pan.
- Spoon the coconut mixture evenly on top of the batter.
- Fill the pan with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes, or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
- When cool, top with glaze.
- Confectioner's Sugar Glaze: In a small bowl, gradually stir milk into sugar, glaze should be thick enough to stay on the top of the cake, yet"drip" down the sides a bit.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500.4, Fat 21.6, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 70.6, Sodium 644.8, Carbohydrate 74.8, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 50.7, Protein 6.5
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM CAKE
I had to make this cake at work on Easter and it was just beautiful so I made it at home and jazzed it up. You will be quite happy with this cake. Color the coconut on top any color you like.
Provided by NinjaPirateDragon
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter the sides of two 9-inch cake pans and line the bottoms of the pans with 9-inch parchment paper.
- Beat unsalted butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk egg whites, milk, and coconut extract in a separate bowl.
- Thoroughly mix about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar; stir in half the egg white-milk mixture. Repeat twice more, ending with final 1/3 of flour mixture; stir to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans and smooth tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans on racks for about 5 minutes before turning out onto racks to cool completely. Peel parchment paper from cakes.
- Stir sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup heavy cream, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; stir in 3/4 cup flaked coconut. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Bring 1/2 cup heavy cream to a simmer over low heat; gradually stir in chocolate until thoroughly melted and the mixture is thick and smooth. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Place a cake layer onto a serving platter; top with the condensed milk-coconut mixture. Place second cake layer over the coconut filling. Spread warm chocolate mixture evenly over top and sides of cake with a thin spatula.
- Toss 1 cup flaked coconut in a bowl with food coloring until coconut is evenly colored; sprinkle coconut over chocolate topping to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710.1 calories, Carbohydrate 91.8 g, Cholesterol 75.9 mg, Fat 35.3 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 22.7 g, Sodium 292.3 mg, Sugar 68.4 g
BEST COCONUT CHOCOLATE CAKE
I hope other families enjoy this chocolate coconut cake as much as my family does. I've given almost 100 copies of this recipe to others who have tried the cake and liked it. -Dorothy West, Nacogdoches, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 35 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, water and cocoa. Cook and stir until butter is melted; add to dry ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. , Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. , Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine 1 cup evaporated milk, 3/4 cup sugar and marshmallows; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat; stir in coconut. Immediately sprinkle 1 cup almonds over cake. Spread coconut mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining almonds (pan will be full). , In a small saucepan, combine butter with remaining milk and sugar. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Drizzle over almonds. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 18g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 199mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 9-inch cake pans with nonstick spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded coconut on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until golden brown, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet.
- Combine the instant espresso and water in a measuring cup; stir until dissolved. Add to a medium bowl, along with the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes with a handheld mixer on medium speed. Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans and smooth the tops.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto a baking rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, butter, coconut milk, salt and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Beat with a handheld mixer on medium speed until light, fluffy and smooth, about 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining (untoasted) coconut with a rubber spatula.
- If the cakes have domed in the center, trim to level the tops. Place one cake layer, up-side down, on a platter or plate. Spoon one-third of the frosting on top and spread evenly, almost completely to the edge. Place the other layer, up-side down, on top, pressing gently to anchor. Using an offset spatula, evenly frost the entire cake; if the frosting gets too soft, place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Gently press the toasted coconut around the outside of the cake and sprinkle it over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
More about "chocolate coconut cake recipes"
CHOCOLATE-COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - TODAY.COM
3.3/5 (56)Category Desserts
- 1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the cake pans with baking spray.
- 2. Cream the sugar and coconut oil together with an electric mixer on medium speed until the sugar is completely integrated (it will be less fluffy than butter and sugar), 2-3 minutes.
- 3. With the mixer running, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stop the mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl as necessary.
10 BEST CHOCOLATE COCONUT DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
CHOCOLATE-COCONUT LAYER CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2/5 (6)Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsServings 10
- Prepare the Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine boiling water, cocoa, unsweetened chocolate, and, if desired, instant coffee in a bowl. Let stand 2 minutes; whisk until smooth. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Beat butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cocoa mixture, in 5 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Divide batter evenly between 2 (9-inch) greased and floured round cake pans. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 28 to 32 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pans; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Coconut Cream Filling: Stir together half-and-half and shredded coconut in a small saucepan over medium; bring just to a boil. Remove pan from heat; let stand 30 minutes. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing on solids; discard solids. Return coconut liquid to pan; bring to a simmer. (Coconut liquid should just begin to bubble around the edges of pan.) Whisk together 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, cornstarch, and egg yolks in a medium bowl until smooth. Gradually add hot coconut liquid to egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return mixture to pan. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat until thick and bubbly, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Whisk in 2 tablespoons butter, rum, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and coconut extract. Pour mixture into a shallow dish; refrigerate until completely cold, about 2 hours. Transfer chilled custard to a medium bowl.
- Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into custard in 2 batches. Refrigerate until ready to use.
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CAKE - ALSO THE CRUMBS PLEASE
5/5 (6)Calories 427 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Line the bottom and the sides of two 8" (20cm) baking pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with a stand or handheld mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat butter until creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Add mascarpone and stir on medium-high speed until creamy and combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Cut a thin layer off the tops of your cakes to create a flat surface. Then cut each cake in half horizontally. Place one cake layer on a cake stand, turner or serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the frosting over the cake. Repeat two more times.
DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - GRACE PARISI ...
5/5 Category Chocolate CakeServings 10-12
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter and flour an 8-cup Bundt pan. In a small bowl, mix the chopped coconut with the condensed milk and egg white. Transfer the coconut mixture to a large sheet of plastic wrap. Using your hands, roll the coconut into an 18-inch rope. Wrap and refrigerate until slightly firm, at least 20 minutes.
- In another small bowl, sift the flour with the cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the melted chocolate and the vanilla and beat until the batter is smooth. Beat in the dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the yogurt.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Unwrap the coconut rope and join the ends to form a circle. Lay the coconut rope on the cake batter, centering it in the pan. Press the coconut into the batter until it is submerged in 1 inch of batter. Bake the cake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack to cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil; stir to dissolve the sugar. Whisk in the cocoa and vanilla and let cool. Brush a thin layer of the glaze over the cake and let dry slightly. Repeat 3 more times, letting the glaze dry slightly before brushing the cake again. Refrigerate until the glaze is set and slightly cracked before serving.
AMAZING CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
4.9/5 (13)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 8
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix in coconut. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until well combined. Add coconut cream, oil, and vanilla extract, and whisk until combined. Add egg mixture into flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula just until combined. Do not overmix—the less you mix, the lighter the cake will be.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
EASY COCONUT AND CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. …
5/5 (4)Servings 16Cuisine British RecipesTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease a deep 23cm round cake tin with butter and line the base with baking paper. Put the butter into a bowl and put in the microwave on high (900W) for 1 minute, or in a pan until almost melted.
- Put 100g coconut into a large bowl. Add the self-raising flour, sugar, eggs and the almost-melted butter. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until risen, pale-golden and firm on the surface. A skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- To make a heart template, draw a heart on a 23cm-square piece of paper and cut it out with scissors. Put the paper heart on top of the cake and use a serrated knife to cut around it.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE | THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 988 per serving
- 1. Prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the bottom, and grease the sides.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM POKE CAKE | A DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertCalories 574 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13-inch rectangle baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- *Tip: Chill metal bowls and beaters or whisk attachment for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator before using.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE - BOSTON GIRL BAKES
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 604 per serving
- For the ganache frosting: Combine the chips, and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 30 second intervals stirring in between each round. My ganache took about 3 rounds in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate for about 2 hours (or freeze for about 1/2 hour) until it's thickened up. Then in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix on high for about 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Using your stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add in your powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time with your mixer running on low. Add in your heavy cream and extracts. You may want to add more or less of the coconut extract. 2 teaspoons was perfect for me! Then mix your frosting on high for 6 to 8 minutes until super light and fluffy.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE RECIPE | BAKED BY AN INTROVERT
4.5/5 (206)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory CakesCalories 382 per serving
- Heat the oven to 325°F. Spray 3 8-inch round pans with nonstick spray. Line the bottoms with parchment paper cut into a circle to fit the pan. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray and dust the pan lightly with cocoa powder. Tap out any excess and set aside.
- Add the chocolate to a small heatproof bowl and set it over a pot of barely simmering water. Stir continuously until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla. Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate and mix until well incorporated. With the mixer set to low speed. gradually add half the flour mixture, followed by the coconut milk, and then the remaining flour mixture. Beat just until combined. The batter will be thick.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI COCONUT CAKE | ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 542 per serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beat until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the zucchini, coconut, and chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
4.8/5 (4)Calories 394 per servingCategory Dessert
- For the cake: Coat a 9"x13" pan with cooking spray. Prepare the cake mix with the oil, eggs and water in amounts as directed on the box and bake according to package instructions. Cool completely in the pan.
- For the coconut sauce: Combine milk, sugar and marshmallows in a medium saucepan, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in coconut and cornstarch, bring to a boil. Cook one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour the coconut sauce over the cake while it's still warm, then let cool completely before you add the frosting.
- For the frosting: Melt butter in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat. Add granulated sugar, milk and cocoa powder, cook for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly combined.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE - YOUR CUP OF CAKE
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cake pans and line bottoms with parchment paper. I used 3-8 inch rounds but 2-9 inch rounds will work great as well!
- 4. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the batter in each pan. An inserted knife should come out clean.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE, MOIST AND FLAVORFUL CAKE ...
4.8/5 (8)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
CHOCOLATE COCONUT WINTER WONDERLAND CAKE - SPRINKLES FOR ...
- Prepare a piping bag with a small round tip and a piece of parchment paper lined with Pocky Sticks.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, prepare two 8" cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and parchment rounds.
- Put sugar and egg whites in the top of a double boiler or a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk every 15-30 seconds until it is warm to the touch in the center (about 5-8 minutes).
- Once cakes are cool, take them out of the pans. Place one layer onto a cake plate. Using an offset spatula, spread 1 cup of frosting on the cake. Add ¾ cup of chopped Pocky Sticks.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT LAYER CAKE | MY CAKE SCHOOL
COCONUT CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE COCONUT BUTTERCREAM | CAKE BY ...
Reviews 4Servings 20Cuisine Cake
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE - KAOTICKRUNCH.COM
COCONUT MACAROON CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE BEST RECIPES
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
COCONUT CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #desserts #cakes #dietary #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love