I took this recipe from Good Food Cakes, Bakes and Chocolate. They are very rich and never stay in my house for long. They will keep for up to a week wrapped in foil. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
Provided by Lou van
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Butter a 18cm / 7in sandwich tin.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a pan.
- Stir in the cocoa and raisins, then thoroughly stir in the biscuit crumbs.
- Spoon into the tin and press down firmly.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and spread over the biscuit base.
- Chill for about half an hour.
SOUTH AFRICAN CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES
They are crunchy squares with a yummy chocolate topping. They are easy to make and popular with kids to make and eat. Once made they won't stay around for long. There is a version of these that does not use chocolate but they are not as popular. I have reduced the sugar to 1/2 a cup, if you would like them sweeter use 1 cup of sugar.
Provided by karin.beckwith
Yield 24 squares, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the crunchies, except for the baking soda.
- Melt the butter and syrup together.
- Add the baking soda and stir.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press into a medium sized greased baking pan, about 10 by 8 inches.Use the back of a spoon to press the mixture together and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350dgrees F.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the icing
- Microwave 1 or 2 minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Pour the hot icing over the hot crunchies, tilt pan to cover the entire surface of the crunchy.
- Cut into squares when cool.
My mother made these candies when I was young, using my grandmother's recipe. Now my daughter enjoy making them...with delicious results.-Vanessa Pieper, E. Corinth, Vermont
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt chips and vanilla; stir until smooth. Fold in noodles. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Chill.
Nutrition Facts :
Indulge in these chocolate crunch squares whenever you need a sweet treat. They're lovely with a cup of tea or coffee
Provided by Jess Whitehead
Categories Afternoon tea
Yield Makes 8-10
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 20cm square tin and line with baking parchment. Stir the melted butter and vanilla together in a bowl. Mix the caster sugar, flour and cocoa together in another bowl.
- Pour the bowl of wet ingredients into the dry and beat together, then add the egg and beat again until combined. Press into the prepared tin. Brush the top with water and sprinkle over the granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 mins. Leave to cool slightly in the tin for 5 mins before slicing into squares and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
CHOCOLATE TOFFEE CRUNCHIES
From the buttery crust to the golden toffee, melted chocolate and chopped pecans, these bars are filled with Noel flavor. -Joni Crans, Woodhull, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss wafer crumbs with brown sugar and butter; press into an ungreased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes., For topping, place butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 1 minute. Pour evenly over crust., Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand until chips have softened. Spread evenly over top; sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 55mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
Provided by nelty1970
Yield Serves 10
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally, in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmerimg water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Put the oatcakes into a mixing bowl and crumble into small pieces. Stir in the goji berries, nuts, seeds and spices.
- . Stir the nut butter into the melted chocolate and mix until fairly smooth. Stir the chocolate mixture into the remaining ingredients, making sure the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture over a baking sheet and put in the fridge or freezer to chill and harden. Break into shards or cut into rough pieces when set, ready to serve
- Boil butter or margarine and syrup together. Add soda. You should end up with a frothy mixture after soda is added. Stir in coconut, flour, sugar, and oats, and stir well. Press mixture lightly into a large baking tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Cool, and cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Carbohydrate 15.3 g, Cholesterol 14.2 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 87.9 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
More about "chocolate crunchies recipes"
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES RECIPE | FOODAL
Reviews 28Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT, RECIPES, …
Occupation ContributorTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 24Calories 80 per serving
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES – THE RUSTIC PROTEA
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - FOOD24
EASY HOMEMADE ICE CREAM CAKE (WITH CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES)
CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE COOKIES | RICARDO
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM CAKE CRUNCHIES - OUR BEST BITES
MY GRANDMOTHER BETTY’S CRUNCHIE RECIPE; IT’S A LEGEND
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOMEMADE “CRUNCHIE ROCKS" CHOCOLATES - CHRISTINA'S …
CHOCOLATE ALMOND CRUNCHIES | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
WHAT ARE THE CRUNCHIES IN CARVEL ICE CREAM CAKE?
HONEYCOMB CRUNCHIE FUDGE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - RECIPES - PAGE 8 | COOKS.COM
MURDER, SHE BAKED: CHOCOLATE CHIP CRUNCH COOKIE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - RECIPES - PAGE 12 | COOKS.COM
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - FOOD24
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - EASY TREATS FOR THE SWEET TOOTH
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - RECIPES - PAGE 5 | COOKS.COM
HOMEMADE CRUNCHIE BARS! - CELEBRATION GENERATION
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES – CUPCAKES AND COUSCOUS
ROBINHOOD | CHOCOLATE HONEY CRUNCHIES
ROBINHOOD | TOFFEE CHOCOLATE ALMOND CRUNCHIES
CHOCOLATE COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
IRRESISTIBLE CHOCOLATE TIFFIN WITH CRUNCHIE | AMY TREASURE
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - RECIPES - PAGE 4 | COOKS.COM
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIE SLICE | NO-BAKE HONEYCOMB SLICE
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES RECIPE
CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE CORNFLAKES (NO BAKE RECIPE) - COOK WITH RENU
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES RECIPE BY THERETROKITCHEN
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - RECIPES - PAGE 3 | COOKS.COM
CHOCOLATE-PECAN CRUNCHIES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
JORDANS CEREAL » RAISIN CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES
HOMEMADE HONEYCOMB & CADBURY CRUNCHIE BARS | BIGGER BOLDER …
CARVEL CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation
You'll also love