DARK CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter, molasses, cocoa, 1/3 cup sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt together in a large bowl until well blended. Beat in flour on low speed just until blended; dough will be firm.
- Form into 1-inch balls; roll in 1/4 cup sugar. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffy and cracked on top, 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52.9 calories, Carbohydrate 8.5 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 53.5 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
These cookies should be very soft when they come out of the oven; be careful not to overbake them. As they cool, they will firm up a bit and develop a chewy texture.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 36
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, melt chocolate and butter in the microwave on high in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is almost melted. Stir to finish melting; let cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add brown sugar, egg, molasses, and vanilla to the cooled chocolatemixture, whisking to combine. Add flour mixture, and stir to combine.
- Scoop up dough by the tablespoon, and roll into balls; place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until tops are crackly but cookies are still soft to the touch, about 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to coolcompletely. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77 g, Fat 3 g
All you need to shape this dead simple dough are your hands (and maybe a helper or two). Decidedly more "grown up" in flavor - both the molasses and cocoa give bitter notes that play off the spiciness of the fresh ginger - the cookies are tiny in size by design to complement their intensity. For rolling, any coarse decorative sugar works, as would Demerara or an unrefined sugar.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories cookies and bars, dessert
Yield About 40 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat and add ginger, if using. Remove from heat and let sit a few minutes while you prepare everything else.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, molasses, egg and ginger butter. Using a spatula, slowly mix into dry ingredients, mixing until no dry spots remain.
- Using your hands, roll small balls of dough about the size of a quarter (dough will be soft - if it is too soft for you to handle, pop into the fridge for a few minutes to firm up). Roll the balls in the sanding sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1-inch apart.
- Bake until just puffed and baked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool completely before eating.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 61, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 67 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHOCOLATE CHIP MOLASSES COOKIES
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the shortening, sugar and molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Removed to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 73.1, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 4.7, Sodium 49.6, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 6.4, Protein 0.7
CHOCOLATE COFFEE MOLASSES COOKIES
My grandmother made these cookies every year and sent them to us growing up. It was even better when she was in town for the holidays and could make them fresh. These cookies have dark chocolate, molasses, cloves, cinnamon and coffee. They're soft, chewy, best when warm, and delicious. It brings back good memories of my childhood.
Provided by Madeleine D
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat, and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Stir the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, and mix in the chocolate, molasses, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Sift 5 cups of flour with the cinnamon, cloves, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture by cupfuls, alternating each addition of flour with about 2 tablespoons of coffee, until all the coffee is incorporated. Dough should be soft but not runny. Add more flour if needed to make a soft dough, but cookies will be dry if the dough is too stiff. Use a small scoop or melon baller to form 1-inch balls, and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are set and just beginning to brown at the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool on sheets for about 1 minute before removing to continue cooling on a rack until slightly warm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- To make frosting, stir together confectioners' sugar, cream, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Frost the cookies while they're still a little warm. Sprinkle with red or green sugar sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.2 calories, Carbohydrate 35.6 g, Cholesterol 30.2 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 72.5 mg, Sugar 20.8 g
CHOCOLATE MOLASSES RAISIN COOKIES
With molasses, oatmeal & chocolate, these cookies, when made correctly, are a deliciously soft & decadent treat! The recipe was found in The Ultimate Chocolate Cookie Book, 2004. Cooking time is based on baking a dozen cookies every 10 minutes.
Provided by Sydney Mike
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 5 dozen, 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Position rack in center of oven, then preheat oven to 350 degrees F & lightly butter 2 large baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt until a uniform color, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl & using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter & shortening until soft & smooth, about 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add sugar & molasses, continuing to beat until light, about 2 more minutes.
- Beat in egg until smooth, then remove beaters.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatual, stir in the prepared flour mixture, but DO NOT OVERMIX ~ Just moisten the flour.
- Stir in raisins until you have a soft, drop-cookie dough with no lumps, but with some grains of flour still visible.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto one prepared baking sheet, spacing the mounds about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until tops appear dry & somewhat cracked but insides are still quite soft.
- Meanwhile, drop additional dough onto the 2nd prepared baking sheet, getting a 2nd batch ready to bake when the 1st batch is done.
- Remove 1st batch from oven & cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cool baking sheet for 5 minutes & butter it again to make another batch.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105.3, Fat 4.4, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 14.3, Sodium 127.5, Carbohydrate 16.6, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 9.5, Protein 1.3
CHOCOLATE CHIP MOLASSES COOKIES
This recipe originally came from my grandmother but I have altered it a bit to add my favorite: chocolate chips. They are not a traditional molasses cookie so even people who don't enjoy molasses like these cookies.-Mellowdee Jae Brooks, Moscow, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, sugar and molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. , Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 50mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "chocolate molasses cookies recipes"
CHEWY CHOCOLATE-MOLASSES COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3.5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsServings 20
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and brown sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add egg; beat until just combined. Beat in molasses and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Stir together flour, crystallized ginger, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and ground ginger in a bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Scoop dough using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop. Arrange balls 2 inches apart on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Working in 2 batches, bake in preheated oven until cookie tops are crackly but cookies are still soft to the touch, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes.
SOFT CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES - COUNTRY LIVING
MOLASSES COOKIES | RICARDO
DOUBLE-GINGER CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES - NEW …
CHEWY CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES | BUTTERMILK BY SAM
5/5 (64)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory Dessert, Snack
DARK CHOCOLATE-GINGER-MOLASSES COOKIES | SOUTHERN LIVING
MOLASSES CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES [CHEWY] - CROSBY'S MOLASSES
MOLASSES COOKIES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE - HANDMADE FARMHOUSE
CHEWY MOLASSES CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – MUST LOVE HOME
MOLASSES COOKIES - COOKING CLASSY
CHOCOLATE GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
CHOCOLATE CHIP MOLASSES COOKIES - THE MONDAY BOX
DARK CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES - HOSTESS AT HEART
CHEWY CHOCOLATE GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
SERIOUSLY SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
MOLASSES CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | A TASTE OF MADNESS
CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES - BUDGET BYTES
SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES
RECIPE FOR CHOCOLATE MOLASSES CRACKLE COOKIES RECIPES
CHOCOLATE CHUNK MOLASSES COOKIES - SWEETEST MENU
SOFT WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP MOLASSES COOKIES
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHUNK MOLASSES COOKIES - CHEF SAVVY
CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES • BASTE CUT FOLD
CHOCOLATE MOLASSES THUMBPRINTS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CRISP MOLASSES COOKIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHEWY CHOCOLATE GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
MOLASSES CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
MOLASSES LACE COOKIES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE FILLING RECIPE — THE …
OLD FASHIONED SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES - GRANDMA'S MOLASSES®
MOLASSES COOKIES - SOFT & CHEWY! - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
CHEWY CHOCOLATE MOLASSES COOKIES – MY RECIPE REVIEWS
MOLASSES COOKIES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SOFT MOLASSES CRINKLE COOKIES - AVERIE COOKS
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
MOLASSES COOKIES (READY IN 30 MINUTES!) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
You'll also love