CIDER BEEF STEW
When I was a new bride 25 years ago, this recipe was inside a serving dish I received as a gift. It's great on winter evenings served with a loaf of fresh bread. The cider and vinegar help tenderize the meat and provide wonderful flavor to this hearty stew. -Carol Hendrickson, Laguna Beach, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil; drain. Stir in the cider, water, vinegar and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until the meat is tender. , Add the carrots, celery, potato and onion; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calories, Fat 15g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 671mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
CIDER BEEF STEW FOR TWO
This is a downsized recipe for when you have a taste for beef stew but don't want to eat it for days. This stew is also a little different because it has a little sweetness and a little tang to it.
Provided by Laura O.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add beef and toss to coat.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, brown beef in oil.
- Add cider, water, vinegar, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add carrots, potato, and onion.
- Return to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
BEEF STEW FOR TWO
You can plan ahead and prepare this stew in a slow cooker, advises Roger Slivon from Genesee Depot, Wisconsin. With a kick of cayenne, you'll love this savory, hearty Beef Stew for Two.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup wine, lemon juice, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight., Drain and discard marinade. In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil. Remove meat and set aside. In the same pan, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 2 cups beef broth and remaining wine. Return meat to pan., Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, thyme and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and beef are tender. Discard thyme sprigs., In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining beef broth until smooth. Gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 697mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and thyme in a bowl. Toss beef cubes in the flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown beef cubes on all sides. Combine browned meat, apple cider, water, and cider vinegar in the pot and bring it to a boil. Add bay leaf; reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour.
- Stir in carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, and apple and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 1 hour more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525.9 calories, Carbohydrate 51.5 g, Cholesterol 81.3 mg, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 891.1 mg, Sugar 21.4 g
TINK'S CIDER BEEF STEW WITH FLUFFY DUMPLINGS
I used to use a basic cider stew recipe, but one day about 25 years ago, I went to make it and found I was out of apple cider. I did have a packet of spiced cider mix, from a holiday gift basket, though. My family loved it, so I experimented further with the recipe. I've been buying the spiced cider packets ever since, just for stew. I find it year round, usually on the top shelf of the unrefrigerated juice aisle, at the grocery store. We've tried many other good stew recipes over the years, but this is the one, with its fluffy dumplings, that my family calls comfort food. The dumplings are optional, and I still use the recipe found in my first Betty Crocker cookbook.
Provided by Tinkerbell
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a large resealable bag, shake together stew meat, flour, salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in large Dutch oven, and brown beef in oil. Drain, if needed.
- Add spiced cider packet, water, beef stock, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1-1/4 hours.
- Add potato, carrots, celery, and onion. Return to a boil, then reduce, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, or until meat and veggies are tender.
- Combine flour and cold water. (I like to shake it in a jar with a sealed lid.) Raise heat to high; slowly pour flour and water into stew, while stirring constantly. As the mixture heats it will thicken into gravy. Thicken as much or as little as you like. You may or may not use all of the flour/water mixture.
- Make dumplings: Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in milk, and drop 10 spoonfuls of dough onto hot meat or vegetables (not directly onto hot liquid).
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458.5, Fat 15.7, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 76.8, Sodium 1397.9, Carbohydrate 46.6, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 2.6, Protein 32.8
More about "cider beef stew for two recipes"
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
APPLE CIDER STEW - BEEF
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CIDER BEEF STEW FOR TWO - PLAIN.RECIPES
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST BEEF STEW FOR TWO RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW | RECIPESTY
BEEF IN CIDER | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
CROCK POT BEEF STEW FOR TWO PEOPLE RECIPE
CIDER BEEF STEW FOR TWO - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
RECIPES > STEWS > HOW TO MAKE CIDER BEEF STEW
CIDER STEW RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW - PLAIN.RECIPES
CIDER STEW RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
TWO CELERY AND BEEF STEW | RICARDO
CIDER BEEF STEW FOR TWO - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW - BEEF
CIDER BEEF STEW - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
CIDER BEEF STEW - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CIDER SLOW COOKED BEEF STEW - SYDNEY BREWERY
SLOW COOKER APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
CIDER BEEF STEW FOR #SUNDAYSUPPER | RECIPE | BEEF STEW ...
CRANBERRY CIDER BRAISED BEEF STEW WITH ROSEMARY POLENTA ...
EASY STOVE-TOP BEEF STEW - SUGAR AND SPICE
CIDER BEEF STEW RECIPE | RECIPELAND
COOKING CHANNEL RECIPES & MENUS | RECIPES, COOKING CHANNEL ...
CIDER BEEF STEW | MAGNOLIA DAYS
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
CIDER BEEF STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SIMON MAJUMDAR - PORK & CIDER STEW WITH CHEESE & HERBS ...
HOMEMADE CIDER BEEF STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF ...
CIDER BEEF STEW - BIGOVEN.COM
CIDERED BEEF STEW | STEPHIE COOKS
CIDER BEEF STEW - BIGOVEN
APPLE CIDER BEEF STEW RECIPE — THE MOM 100
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #main-dish #stove-top #comfort-food #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love