CINNAMON AND CRANBERRY CHALLAH
Recipe is from Ocean Spray -- a festive bread using craisins. Makes 2 braided loaves. Prep time includes rising time for dough.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Stir warm water, yeast and sugar together in a small mixing bowl; let stand 10 minutes, until mixture foams.
- Whisk together 3 eggs, 1 egg white (reserve yolk), oil, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir in yeast mixture and 5 1/4 cups flour until soft dough forms. Add sweetened dried cranberries and with floured hands, knead dough. Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup flour, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease a large mixing bowl. Place dough in bowl and roll around so that it is lightly coated with oil. Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Punch down dough; divide in half. Each half will make one braided loaf. To make a single braid; divide half into 3 equal pieces. Roll each into a 14-inch rope. Braid dough and pinch ends to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat steps with remaining dough.
- Cover shaped loaves and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Beat reserved egg yolk with 1 teaspoons water; brush loaves. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bottom sounds hollow when tapped. Place foil on tops of loaves if tops brown too quickly. Remove loaves to a wire rack and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2287.6, Fat 50.7, SaturatedFat 8.5, Cholesterol 372, Sodium 1900.3, Carbohydrate 408, Fiber 15.7, Sugar 106.6, Protein 51.4
AMAZING challah that my mom is famous for. It's a family joke that anyone who has it always says some variation of "it's cake!"/ "why are you serving dessert first?" I've made it a bit healthier by making it with whole-wheat dough. Have fun with the fillings! My mom's traditional one is with cinnamon and sugar, but I've used dried fruit, jam, fresh fruit, seeds, fried onions, fresh basil (makes the bread tastes like pesto), craisins... enjoy!
Provided by mygod7
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2-4 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix yeast, sugar and water.Add flour, eggs, oil and salt. Knead well. Add more water if needed. Leave the dough slightly stickier if you want a lighter bread.
- Let to rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours. Punch in, let rise for 1/2 an hour.
- For cinnamon-sugar challah: Roll out dough to 2-4 squares/rectangles. Sprinkle cinn-sugar liberally. Roll up.
- If incorporating fruit etc into dough: Divide dough into 2-4 pieces. Add what you want. Let dough rise 1/2 hour. Shape. Let dough rise another 1/2 hour in desired shape.
- Bake at 180 C/ 350 F for about 30 minutes.
More about "cinnamon and cranberry challah recipes"
CINNAMON N' CRANBERRY CHALLAH - RECIPE GOLDMINE …
CINNAMON N' CRANBERRY CHALLAH | OCEAN SPRAY®
Servings 2Category Breads And Muffins
CINNAMON RAISIN CHALLAH RECIPE | SIDECHEF
WHOLE GRAIN CHALLAH WITH CRANBERRIES AND ORANGE ZEST ...
CHALLAH RECIPES – CONGREGATION BINA CANADA
CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY CHALLAH ROLLS WITH CITRUS SUGAR ...
CRANBERRY CINNAMON BREAD - FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST
CRANBERRY CINNAMON BABKA BREAD - SCOTCH & SCONES
WORLD CINNAMON BEST RECIPES : CINNAMON AND CRANBERRY CHALLAH
CRANBERRY CHALLAH RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CINNAMON ROLL CHALLAH • KOSHER EVERYDAY
NO-BOWL CINNAMON ROLL CHALLAH - JAMIE GELLER
THIS CHALLAH RECIPE TASTES JUST LIKE CHURROS | THE NOSHER
THE ULTIMATE CINNAMON CHALLAH - SPOON UNIVERSITY
CHALLAH WITH CINNAMON FILLING * MARILYN DISHES
RECIPE: CINNAMON AND CRANBERRY CHALLAH (USING DRIED ...
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CLASSIC CHALLAH | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHALLAH FRENCH TOAST WITH CRANBERRY-APPLE COMPOTE
SWIRLED CINNAMON CHALLAH OR TRESSE - THE SEASIDE BAKER
CINNAMON AND CRANBERRY CHALLAH RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
OCEAN SPRAY RECIPES - CINNAMON & CRANBERRY CHALLAH
CHALLAH DOUGH CINNAMON ROLLS - WAVES IN THE KITCHEN
VEGAN CHALLAH WITH CRANBERRIES & NUTS - TOP WITH CINNAMON
CRANBERRY AND WALNUT CHALLAH BREAD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH ...
CINNAMON CHALLAH - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
CHALLAH RECIPE - THE BEST CHALLAH FOR ANY OCCASION
PUMPKIN CRANBERRY SPICE CHALLAH | REFORM JUDAISM
CRANBERRY CHALLAH - KOSHER
CINNAMON RAISIN CHALLAH - CHALLAH & BREAD - KOSHER RECIPE ...
CINNAMON SUGAR CHALLAH - JAMIE GELLER
CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY CHALLAH ROLLS WITH CITRUS SUGAR | THE ...
THE BEST CHALLAH BREAD: EASY STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ...
CINNAMON-APPLE RAISIN CHALLAH | KING ARTHUR BAKING
FAUX CHALLAH BREAD WITH CRANBERRY BUTTER RECIPE ...
CINNAMON RAISIN ROUND CHALLAH - LION'S BREAD
SWEET CINNAMON CHALLAH "MONKEY BREAD"
CRANBERRY ALMOND CHALLAH BREAD - TWO CUPS FLOUR
CINNAMON RAISIN CHALLAH - SAVORING ITALY
PUMPKIN CRANBERRY CHALLAH FOR THANKSGIVING – THE FORWARD
OVERNIGHT CRANBERRY CHALLAH FRENCH TOAST | OCEAN SPRAY®
CRANBERRY CHESTNUT CHALLAH STUFFING MUFFINS • MELINDA STRAUSS
BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON SWIRL CHALLAH - THE LITTLE FERRARO ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #breads #eggs-dairy #fruit #american #easy #dinner-party #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #eggs #dietary #yeast #berries
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cinnamon challah?The Ultimate Cinnamon Challah. Ingredients. Step 1 This recipe is bowl optional. Place the flour on a clean surface in a mound and create a pit in the middle. Put 2 eggs, olive oil, honey, 1 teaspoon salt, yeast, and water directly into the center of the flour. Step 2 Use a fork to mix the ingredients within the flour.
How do you make challah from scratch?In a medium shallow baking dish or bowl, beat eggs with milk, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg until blended. Working with 1 challah slice at a time, soak bread in egg mixture, turning several times. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium-low until bubbling.
How do you make Cranberries with cinnamon?In a medium saucepan, stir together the cranberries, water, maple syrup, orange juice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in the cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium.
How long do you bake challah?Place on a non-stick baking surface and cover for 30 minutes. Gently brush the challah dough with one beaten egg. Bake for 30 minutes. If the top is getting too dark, place a piece of foil on top of the challah in the oven.