PERFECT CITRUS BARS
Classic lemon bars get a couple of twists: wheat germ adds texture to the shortbread crust, and lime juice and zest join their lemon counterparts to flavor the filling.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 48
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Crust:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, confectioners' sugar, and salt. Add butter, and cut in using a pastry cutter, two knives, or your fingers, until the largest pieces of butter are the size of peas.
- Press evenly into a 12 1/2-by-17 1/2-inch rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool.
- Filling:In a medium bowl, whisk together, eggs, sugar, and flour. Add lemon and lime juice, lemon and lime zest, and salt. Whisk to combine. Pour over cooled crust.
- Bake until center is set, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.
FLORIDA CITRUS BARS
- For the crust: Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang for easy removal.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the vanilla wafers, butter, granulated sugar, zest and a pinch of salt. Pulse until the mixture is a very fine crumb and is starting to clump together. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Chill the dish in the freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling: Add the cream cheese, condensed milk, confectioners' sugar, grapefruit zest, lemon zest and orange zest to a large bowl. Whip together with an electric hand mixer until completely combined and there are no clumps of cream cheese. Fold in the whipped cream. Remove the crust from the freezer and pour in the filling, using a spatula to smooth it into an even layer. Return to the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the topping: When the filling is set, remove the whole bar from the baking dish and place on a cutting board; removing the parchment. Decorate the top with the orange, grapefruit and lemon rounds, then carefully slice into bars. Serve immediately.
Ina Garten's Lemon Bars are easy to bake and make for the perfect picnic dessert, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 20 squares or 40 triangles
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
- For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into triangles and dust with confectioners' sugar.
TROPICAL CITRUS BARS
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In large bowl, beat 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of the coconut and the butter with electric mixer on low speed, or mix with spoon, until crumbly. Press in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat remaining 1/4 cup coconut, eggs, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, the baking powder, lemon peel, lemon juice, lime peel and lime juice with electric mixer on low speed, or mix with spoon. Pour over partially baked crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Run sharp knife around edges of pan to loosen bars. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons powdered sugar. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Bar, Sodium 60 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 0 g
THE BEST LEMON BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green. After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checker board fashion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Cholesterol 34.2 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 44.4 mg, Sugar 11.2 g
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line the base and sides of a shallow rectangular tin (about 23 x 33cm) with baking parchment, snipping the corners so that it comes up the sides of the tin. Tip the flour, sugar and butter into a food processor and whizz until it forms fine crumbs. Tip into the prepared tin and smoothly level with the back of a metal spoon, pressing it down lightly. Bake for 20-25 mins until pale golden.
- To make the topping, finely grate the zest from the lemons and orange and squeeze out all the juice. Measure the juice - you need 120ml. Whisk together the eggs and sugar using an electric whisk for 1 min, then add the citrus zest and juices, and whisk again briefly. Sift in the flour and whisk well to mix. Pour over the shortbread and bake for 15-20 mins until the topping has just set. Cool completely in the tin, then lift out of the tin using the lining paper. Dust thickly with icing sugar and cut into 3 down the length and 6 across to make 18 bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 39 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 28 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
- Make crust: In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, and salt until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup ice water. Pulse just until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, add 1/4 cup more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time). Do not overmix. Form dough into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 12-by-16-inch rectangle (patch any holes well). Place in a 10-by-14-by-1-inch rimmed jelly-roll pan with dough going up the sides; trim overhang. Prick dough all over with a fork and freeze until firm, 20 minutes. Line dough with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides. Fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until edges are dry, about 15 minutes. Remove parchment and weights; bake until bottom is dry and flaky, about 10 minutes.
- Make filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together citrus zests and juices, granulated sugar, and eggs until well combined. Pour into crust and bake until custard is just set in center, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack, 1 hour. To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar and cut into 18 squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227 g, Fat 12 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g
This recipe comes from the 13 Mar 07 issue of Woman's World, & looks too good [& tastes too good, too!] not to pass along. It is billed as a 'Lighten-Up! Recipe.' Preparation time does not include time needed to cool down.
Provided by Sydney Mike
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 9" square baking pan with enough foil to overhang sides by 2", then coat with cooking spray.
- At medium speed, beat flour, sour cream, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar & butter until combined.
- Press dough onto bottom of pan, & prick with fork.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- At low speed, beat eggs, whites, juices, zest, baking powder & 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar until combined.
- Pour over warm crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire rack, & if desired, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.6, Fat 3.3, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 45.9, Sodium 33.7, Carbohydrate 21.1, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 13.9, Protein 3
SIMPLE ORANGE CITRUS BARS
I found this recipe in "Cooking with Paula Deen" I don't believe its one of her recipes though. I think it came from Florida's Natural orange juice. Thought I would share the recipe. I love oranges. I can't wait to try these.
Provided by Marsha D.
Yield 2 dozen, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Lightly greased a 13x9 baking dish, set a side.
- In a large bowl, combine 2c. flour and 1/2c. confectioner sugar.
- Add in butter,stir til crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In another bowl, stir together sugar,eggs and orange juice until well blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder and add to sugar mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour onto hot crust and bake another 25 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with extra confectioner sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.3, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 5.1, Cholesterol 55.6, Sodium 74, Carbohydrate 29.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 19.5, Protein 2.5
LEMONY COCONUT BARS
These lemony and chewy bars make a refreshing addition to the holiday cookie tray. Try lime juice and zest for a zingy twist. -Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes; gradually beat in flour, mixing well., Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until edges are golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., For filling, in a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, lemon zest and extracts until blended. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture. Stir in coconut and pecans. Spread over crust., Bake until golden brown, 17-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm filling. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 96mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "citrus bars recipes"
CITRUS BARS RECIPE - SALTED CITRUS BARS - GRAPEFRUIT BARS
LEMON BARS! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
LEMON BARS WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST - SALLY'S BAKING …
SWEET RECIPE: POMELO CITRUS BARS | KITCHN
EASY LEMON BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
CITRUS BARS WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST - CANOLAINFO
ORANGE DREAM BARS - CRAZY FOR CRUST
CITRUS BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 7 minsServings 24
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat until mixture forms a smooth dough. Press mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup flour, granulated sugar, and next 6 ingredients; pour over baked crust.
- Bake at 350° for 28 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, and cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.
CITRUS BARS | MRFOOD.COM
SUNNY CITRUS BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
32 BEST CITRUS COCKTAIL RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON BARS RECIPE - THE BEST SUMMER DESSERT - 20-MINUTE PREP!
BEST LEMON BARS RECIPE EVER, SERIOUSLY - CRAZY FOR CRUST
TRIPLE CITRUS BARS | SARCASTIC COOKING
RASPBERRY CRUMBLE BARS WITH LEMON GLAZE (+ VIDEO!)
OLD FASHIONED LEMON BARS - A RANCH MOM
LEMON BARS RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
EASY HOMEMADE LEMON BARS • LOVE FROM THE OVEN
COCONUT-CITRUS BARS | SOUTHERN LIVING
CITRUS BARS - EAGLE BRAND
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLY CITRUS LOTION BARS - WILLOW AND SAGE MAGAZINE
CITRUS BARS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
LEMON BARS - TASTE AND TELL
LEMON BARS (LEMON SQUARES) - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
JOANNA GAINES' 6-INGREDIENT LEMON BARS LOOK LIKE THE PERFECT …
DIRECTORY OF CITRUS BAR SOAP RECIPES - LATHERLASS.COM
LEMON CRUMB BARS (SO EASY!) - CELEBRATING SWEETS
CREAMY LEMON BAR RECIPE (PERFECT SPRING DESSERT!) - THE CHUNKY …
LUSCIOUS LEMON BARS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CITRUS BARS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
EAGLE BRAND® | SUNNY CITRUS BARS
BEST LEMON BARS RECIPE - THE HAPPY MUSTARD SEED
WINTER CITRUS BARS - SUGAR DISH ME
PERFECT LEMON BAR RECIPE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
BLOOD ORANGE CITRUS BARS | MOTHER THYME
CLASSIC LEMON BARS RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
OUR TOP 10 MOST PUCKERY CITRUS BAR RECIPES | TASTE OF …
#time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #healthy #desserts #vegetarian #cookies-and-brownies #bar-cookies #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
How To Make Classic LEMON BARS - Easy Recipe535K views-10:14
Lemon Bars1.5M views-11:51
Quarantine Cooking: Lemon Bars Recipe66K views-10:52
BEST Lemon Bars Recipe! | SWEET TOOTH118K views-07:56
How to Make the Lemoniest Lemon Bars160K views-06:55
How to Make Lemon Bars - Easy Lemon Bars Recipe5K views-06:51
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put in your citrus bars?They’ve got a thick shortbread crust, which is super important for any citrus bar. I used fresh orange juice and zest in the filling. The filling is simple to make – you just whisk eggs and sugar and the orange juice and zest and poor it over a partially baked hot crust. Once the bars cook and cool the filling is like a nice thick orange curd.
How do you make lemon bars with lemon juice?Directions. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust. Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop...
What is the best way to make orange bars?I used fresh orange juice and zest in the filling. The filling is simple to make – you just whisk eggs and sugar and the orange juice and zest and poor it over a partially baked hot crust. Once the bars cook and cool the filling is like a nice thick orange curd. They taste like sunshine and the morning all in one, sun-bursting in your mouth!
How do you make lemon cream of tartar bars?The combination of cream of tartar, lemon juice, AND lemon zest makes these bars PERFECTLY zesty and lemony. Lemon juice just isn’t enough! This ultra-fresh and fruity Summer dessert takes just 20 minutes to prep! In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add in flour and salt then whisk until fully combined.