I make this a lot and serve with Italian garlic bread and salad. It always gets a rave review, especially if the mozzarella strings with every bite. This recipe comes from my mother. I think she got it off the back of a "Mueller's Lasagna box.
Provided by keen5
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In large heavy pan lightly brown beef and onion in oil.
- Add tomatoes, paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic, pepper, and oregano; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook lasagne as directed; drain.
- In 13x9x2" baking pan, spread about 1 cup sauce.
- Then alternate layers of lasagne, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean cheese, ending with sauce, mozzarella and parmesean.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes; cut in squares to serve.
- Makes 8 servings.
- I make this a lot and serve with Italian garlic bread and salad.
- It always gets a rave review, especially if the mozzarella strings with every bite.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.1, Fat 29.8, SaturatedFat 14.5, Cholesterol 101, Sodium 1453, Carbohydrate 28.1, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 7.3, Protein 33
THE BEST LASAGNA
This classic lasagna is made with an easy meat sauce as the base. Layer the sauce with noodles and cheese, then bake until bubbly! This is great for feeding a big family, and freezes well, too.
Provided by Elise Bauer
Categories Dinner Casserole Comfort Food Freezer-friendly Casserole Lasagna Pasta
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Put pasta water on to boil Put a large pot of salted water (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water) on the stovetop on high heat. It can take a while for a large pot of water to come to a boil (this will be your pasta water), so prepare the sauce in the next steps while the water is heating.
- Heat the oven to 375°F
- Bake Cover the lasagna pan with aluminum foil, tented slightly so it doesn't touch the noodles or sauce). Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Uncover in the last 10 minutes if you'd like more of a crusty top or edges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 813 kcal, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 183 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 60 g, SaturatedFat 26 g, Sodium 1849 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 51 g, ServingSize Serves 8, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNA
Assemble a Classic Italian Lasagna with Giada De Laurentiis' recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network. A homemade bechamel sauce makes a big difference.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bechamel sauce:
- In a 2-quart pot, melt 5 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. When butter has completely melted, add the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps from forming. Continue to simmer and whisk over medium heat until the sauce is thick, smooth and creamy, about 10 minutes. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of wooden spoon. Remove from heat and add the nutmeg and tomato sauce. Stir until well combined and check for seasoning. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- In a saute pan, heat extra-virgin olive oil. When almost smoking, add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Brown meat, breaking any large lumps, until it is no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain any excess fat. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sized bowl, thoroughly mix the ricotta and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Into the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish, spread 1/3 of the bechamel sauce. Arrange the pasta sheets side by side, covering the bottom of the baking dish. Evenly spread a layer of all the ricotta mixture and then a layer of all the spinach. Arrange another layer of pasta sheets and spread all the ground beef on top. Sprinkle 1/2 the mozzarella cheese on top of the beef. Spread another 1/3 of the bechamel sauce. Arrange the final layer of pasta sheets and top with remaining bechamel, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into 1/4-inch cubes and top lasagna.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place lasagna dish on top, cover and put on the middle rack of the oven and bake until top is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Remove cover and continue to bake for about 15 minutes.
- In a large casserole pot or Dutch over, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and bay leaves and simmer uncovered on low heat for 1 hour or until thick. Remove bay leaves and check for seasoning. If sauce still tastes acidic, add unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon at a time to round out the flavors.
- Add 1/2 the tomato sauce into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Continue with remaining tomato sauce.
- If not using all the sauce, allow it to cool completely and pour 1 to 2 cup portions into freezer plastic bags. This will freeze up to 6 months.
Make this classic lasagna recipe zestier by using hot Italian sausage or a little milder with regular Italian sausage. Don't be scared off by the long cooking time. The wait is well worth it. It's a great dish to make for a crowd and easy to adjust for varying tastes. The leftovers are even better when reheated the next day.
Provided by Barb R
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and olive oil; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Cook the ground beef and sausage in a large pot over medium heat; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic salt, oregano, thyme, basil, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper; simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ricotta cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Ladle enough of the meat sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish to cover the bottom in a thin layer. Form a layer atop the sauce with 3 of the lasagna noodles. Spread about 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta cheese mixture and then ladle about 1/3 of the meat sauce over the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering twice more, topping with the remaining 1/4 pound of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 90 minutes. Allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 646.7 calories, Carbohydrate 31.2 g, Cholesterol 173.5 mg, Fat 41.4 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 38.8 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, Sodium 2027.4 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
My family first tasted this rich, homemade lasagna recipe at a friend's home on Christmas Eve. We were so impressed that it became our own holiday tradition as well. I also prepare it other times of the year. This classic lasagna recipe is requested often by my sister's Italian in-laws-I consider that the highest compliment! -Lorri Foockle, Granville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble beef and sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if desired., Meanwhile, in a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add parsley; stir in cottage cheese, ricotta and Parmesan cheese. , Preheat oven to 375°. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, provolone cheese, 2 cups cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella, 3 noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, remaining cottage cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella (dish will be full)., Cover; bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503 calories, Fat 27g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 136mg cholesterol, Sodium 1208mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 36g protein.
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA
It takes a little work, but it is worth it.
Provided by John Chandler
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 81.8 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 1400.4 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
While not a 30-minute meal, this lasagna is quicker and more straightforward than most. If you're in a real time crunch, use your favorite jarred red sauce. For greater success with the lasagna noodles, which have a tendency to stick together, boil them in the largest pot possible or work in batches - they need as much water as possible to move freely so they don't clump. This lasagna can be assembled, baked and refrigerated up to five days ahead, or frozen up to a month ahead if wrapped tightly.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories dinner, weekday, weeknight, casseroles, pastas, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the sauce: Heat oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add sausage, if using, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it's starting to brown but not yet crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is totally softened and translucent (without letting it brown), 8 to 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and continue to cook, stirring until the tomato paste has turned a deeper brick red color, tinting the oil and onions a fiery orange color, about 2 minutes.
- Using your hands, crush the whole tomatoes into smaller, bite-size pieces and add them and the crushed tomatoes, stirring to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pot. Fill one of the tomato cans halfway with water and add it to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomato sauce has thickened and flavors have come together, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Make the lasagna: Heat oven to 375 degrees and set a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Set aside 1 cup mozzarella. In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella, ricotta, 1 cup Parmesan and cream; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles in the large pot of salted boiling water until just softened (before they are even aldente), about 4 minutes. Drain and separate any noodles that are trying to stick together, slicking them with a bit of olive oil to prevent them from sticking further.
- Spoon a bit of sauce on the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish and top with a layer of noodles, avoiding any heavy overlap.
- Top with about 1 ¼ cups of sauce, and dollop ¼ of the cheese mixture over. Top with another layer of noodles and repeat three more times, ending with the last of the noodles (depending on size of the noodle/shape of the baking dish, you may have a few extra noodles) and the last of the sauce. Top with reserved 1 cup mozzarella and more Parmesan, if you like.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and place baking dish on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet (to prevent any overflow from burning on the bottom of your oven).
- Bake until pasta is completely tender and cooked through and sauce is bubbling up around the edges, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and increase temperature to 450 degrees. Continue to bake until lasagna is golden brown on top with frilly, crispy edges and corners, another 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before eating.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 938, UnsaturatedFat 29 grams, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 58 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 44 grams, SaturatedFat 26 grams, Sodium 1333 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams
A definite crowd-pleaser, this classic lasagna is thick, rich and meaty with lots of cheese-just the way I like it. Even though my parents were Hungarian, I have a weakness for savory Italian foods like this. -Suzanne Barker, Bellingham, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, beef, onion, carrot and pepper flakes over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. , Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano, basil, salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. , In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and remaining pepper. , In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a fourth of the noodles, a third of the ricotta mixture, a fourth of the meat sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce and Parmesan cheese. , Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 15g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 636mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE BY TASTY
When layers of cheesy lasagna come together flawlessly, that's amore! Pile on beefy marinara sauce, delicious noodles, and a blend of cheeses, then kick back and let this lasagna do the bakin'. This classic Italian dinner is easy to whip up and even easier to call your go-to comfort food.
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef and marinara sauce.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 5 cooked lasagna noodles, overlapping as needed to completely cover the sauce. Spread 2 cups of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with the remaining meat sauce, noodles, ricotta, and mozzarella to make 2 more layers.
- Bake the lasagna for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling up through the layers. Turn the broiler to high and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the top layer of cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Let the lasagna cool for 30-45 minutes, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 946 calories, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 58 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 68 grams, Sugar 7 grams
Prepare this easy lasagne ahead of time and save in the freezer, uncooked, for when you need it during a busy week. Then just bake for an extra 45 mins.
Provided by Emma Lewis
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To make the meat sauce, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and cook 750g lean beef mince in two batches for about 10 mins until browned all over.
- Finely chop 4 slices of prosciutto from a 90g pack, then stir through the meat mixture.
- Pour over 800g passata or half our basic tomato sauce recipe and 200ml hot beef stock. Add a little grated nutmeg, then season.
- Bring up to the boil, then simmer for 30 mins until the sauce looks rich.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan/160C/gas 4 and lightly oil an ovenproof dish (about 30 x 20cm).
- Spoon one third of the meat sauce into the dish, then cover with some fresh lasagne sheets from a 300g pack. Drizzle over roughly 130g ready-made or homemade white sauce.
- Repeat until you have 3 layers of pasta. Cover with the remaining 390g white sauce, making sure you can't see any pasta poking through.
- Scatter 125g torn mozzarella over the top.
- Arrange the rest of the prosciutto on top. Bake for 45 mins until the top is bubbling and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.71 milligram of sodium
EASY CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE
Make lasagna just as good as Grandma's with our Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe! In just one hour, this classic lasagna recipe is ready to be enjoyed.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 9 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium heat; drain. Return meat to skillet. Add onions; cook 3 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta sauce; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 15 min., stirring occasionally.
- Spread 1/3 of the pasta sauce mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with layers of 3 noodles, half the cottage cheese and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat layers. Cover with remaining noodles, pasta sauce mixture and mozzarella; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Remove from oven; let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 700 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 27 g
More about "classic lasagna recipes"
CLASSIC LASAGNA | CANADIAN LIVING
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
CLASSIC LASAGNA - A FAMILY FEAST®
CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNA - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
CLASSIC BEEF LASAGNA | THE BEST LASAGNA RECIPE | MANTITLEMENT
EASY CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE | PREGO® PASTA SAUCES
THE BEST LASAGNA RECIPE EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THE BEST CLASSIC LASAGNA - THE WHOLESOME DISH
10 CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPES - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE | BILLY PARISI | THE INSPIRED HOME
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE – MODERN HONEY
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE L A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE TRADITIONAL LASAGNA
CLASSIC LASAGNA WITH BéCHAMEL RECIPE - REAL FOOD WITH SARAH
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA - DELISH
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC LASAGNA - CLASSICO® PASTA SAUCE - FOOD
CLASSIC LASAGNA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BEST CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE | GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
26 LASAGNA RECIPES YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CLASSIC LASAGNA WITH BECHAMEL SAUCE - MUCH BUTTER
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC LASAGNA | MIDWEST LIVING
CLASSIC LASAGNA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BEST MEATY LASAGNA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LASAGNA, THE ORIGINAL RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
30 BEST LASAGNA RECIPES | EASY LASAGNA RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES, …
EASY LASAGNA RECIPE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
CLASSIC RECIPE FOR LASAGNA | CHATELAINE
CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNA RECIPE | HOW TO LAYER LASAGNA
THE BEST CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
WE TRIED 4 FAMOUS LASAGNA RECIPES - HERE'S THE BEST | KITCHN
LASAGNA (TRADITIONAL ITALIAN RECIPE) EASY STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE | THE MODERN PROPER
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pasta #lasagna #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love