DARK CHOCOLATE HOT COCOA
I was messing around in my kitchen one day and was craving hot cocoa. Since I only had dark chocolate on hand, I used that, and for a festive touch added cinnamon. Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream or marshmallows, if desired. Serve hot.
Provided by Aurora
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until just before boiling, 3 to 4 minutes. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir dark chocolate into milk until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and stir cream and cinnamon into milk mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493 calories, Carbohydrate 57 g, Cholesterol 44.8 mg, Fat 28.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 16.5 g, Sodium 120 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
HOMEMADE MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH DARK CHOCOLATE (PALEO)
Homemade chocolate that melts in your mouth. Made without artificial ingredients or waxes, this wholesome treat is ideal for the health conscious individual who enjoys an indulgent treat. Sweetness can be tweaked to taste, and add-in ingredients and combinations are endless. Enjoy!
Provided by Linda
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Gently melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla extract into melted oil until well blended. Pour mixture into a candy mold or pliable tray. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Carbohydrate 9.4 g, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 1.5 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
RIPPLED CHOCOLATE BOMBE
- Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3/fan oven 140C. Grease a 1.7 litre/3 pint stainless steel mixing bowl and line the base (approx 9cm/31⁄2in) with a circle of greaseproof paper.
- Break the chocolate into pieces in a heatproof bowl. Add 25g/1oz of the butter and stand the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water until the chocolate has melted (or melt it in the microwave). Stir until smooth.
- Put the remaining butter in a separate bowl with the sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and 85g/3oz of the almonds. Beat together for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Spoon 350g/12oz of this mixture into another bowl and stir in the cocoa powder and milk. Stir the remaining almonds and the vanilla extract into the remaining plain cake mixture.
- Spread a little of the vanilla mixture in the base of the bowl. Top with a spoonful of the cocoa mixture, then a little of the chocolate sauce, taking care not to let the chocolate sauce get near the edge of the bowl or it will burn during baking. Continue to alternate the three mixtures in the bowl, placing large spoonfuls in at random and spreading them slightly to mix up the colours. Level the surface, then swirl a skewer or the end of a teaspoon through the mixture, two or three times, to ripple the colours together. Don't overmix or the colours will lose their definition.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes until the cake is risen and the surface feels firm to the touch. To check that the cake is done, pierce the light part of the cake with a skewer - it should come out clean. Leave to cool in the bowl, then loosen the edges and invert the cake on to a flat serving plate.
- Make the chocolate cream. Heat the cream in a small heavybased saucepan until hot and beginning to bubble round the edges. Add the chocolate pieces and remove from the heat, stirring gently. Pour into a bowl and leave until the chocolate has melted. Chill for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture just holds its shape when beaten.
- Using a palette knife, swirl the chocolate cream over the top and sides of the cake. Slice the candied fruits and use to decorate the top of the cake. Keep in a cool place (not the fridge) until ready to serve. This is a luxurious dessert, so serve thin slivers with a dollop of crème fraîche to cut through the richness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 55 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 37 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.46 milligram of sodium
BOOZY CHOCOLATE BOMBES
Showstopping individual coffee sponges with hidden mousse, and a Baileys and white chocolate topping - stunning!
Provided by Good Food team
Yield Makes 6
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter 6 x 150ml ovenproof pudding moulds and put a disc of baking parchment in the base of each.
- To make the sponge, put the butter, chocolate and coffee in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Gently heat until melted, add the vanilla and stir to combine. Set aside to cool a little. Sift the flour, cocoa and bicarb into another bowl, then scatter in the sugar, breaking up any clumps of sugar with your fingers. Mix the eggs and yogurt in a jug. Add the chocolate mixture and the egg mixture to the flour, and stir everything with a spatula until there are no visible lumps of flour. Divide the mixture between the 6 moulds, put on a baking tray and cook in the centre of the oven for 30 mins or until a skewer pushed into the cakes comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Can be made up to 5 days ahead, wrapped well in cling film and stored in a sealed container; or freeze for up to 6 weeks.
- While the cakes cool, make the chocolate mousse. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool for 5 mins, then stir in the egg yolk. Whisk the egg white in another bowl until stiff, add the sugar and continue to whisk until glossy and thick. Pour the cream into a third bowl and lightly whisk until thick. Tip the cream into the chocolate and stir to combine. Add the beaten egg white and, using a metal spoon, fold together until there are no streaks of egg white remaining. Chill until needed.
- Line each pudding mould with cling film. Remove the tops of the cakes with a small serrated knife to create a flat surface. Carefully split the cakes into 2 or 3 layers through their middles. Reassemble the cakes in the pudding moulds, soaking each layer of sponge with the liqueur and layering with chocolate mousse. Cover the cakes with any overhanging cling film and press down gently. Chill the cakes for at least 3 hrs or for up to 2 days before serving.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Turn each cake out and unwrap. Drizzle the top of each with a little white chocolate, letting it drizzle down the sides. Decorate using a small sprig of real or artificial holly. Leave the white chocolate to set for 20 mins before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 737 calories, Fat 42 grams fat, SaturatedFat 25 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 75 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 65 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE BOMBE
This is a truly decadent dessert. Tread with caution though as this is a very rich dessert (a heart attack waiting to happen - though you might think it was well worth it when you try this). A true chocolate lover's delight, but go easy - my brother-in-law had almost the entire bombe in one sitting and truly regretted the after effects.
Provided by RavJJ
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Line a 6 cup (1. 5 L) mixing bowl with plastic wrap and drizzle inner surface with melted chocolate (criss-cross thin lines); freeze
- WHITE MOUSSE: In a saucepan sprinkle gelatine over cream. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Bring cream to a boil; remove from heat.
- Add white chocolate and butter; stir until melted.
- Blend in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until frothy; gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into chocolate mixture; pour into prepared bowl.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- DARK MOUSSE: Prepare the dark mousse layer following the white mousse directions, omitting gelatine step.
- Freeze until set, at least 8 hours.
- Unmould onto serving plate, remove plastic wrap.
This special dessert is a family tradition for Christmas dinner at our house. It's not too rich after a big meal, and it can be made ahead to give you time for other last-minute preparations. I've always loved trying new recipes, desserts especially.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Line a 1-qt. round bowl with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Quickly spread ice cream over the bottom and up the sides to within 1/2 in. of the top of bowl. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm. , In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup cream, sugar, egg yolks and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and rum extract if desired. Refrigerate until cooled., Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in water at 50% power for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Gradually whisk into custard mixture. Beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture along with dates and nuts. Spoon into ice cream shell, spreading to completely cover the top. Cover and freeze overnight., Just before serving, remove from the freezer and invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "cocoa dusted dark chocolate bombe recipes"
COCOA-DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE BOMBE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
4/5 (1)Servings 8-10
DARK COCOA POWDER BROWNIES - BAKE OR BREAK
40 DARK CHOCOLATE RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO DIG INTO
DARK HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS - JULIE BLANNER
10 BEST CHOCOLATE BOMBE DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST DARK CHOCOLATE COCOA POWDER RECIPES - YUMMLY
30 DECADENT HOMEMADE HOT COCOA BOMBS RECIPES
COCOA DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | TASTY KITCHEN: …
GERMAN CHOCOLATE BOMBES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
HOMEMADE DARK CHOCOLATE BARS - MADE FROM COCOA …
CHOCOLATE BOMBE CAKE RECIPE - COOKING WITH PAULA …
COCOA-DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE BOMBE - MASTERCOOK
CHOCOLATE BOMBES RECIPE - MOCO-CHOCO
CHOCOLATE BOMB - PIES AND TACOS
DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE BASED ON PâTE à BOMBE | CALLEBAUT
DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE BASED ON PâTE à BOMBE | CALLEBAUT
COCOA-DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE BOMBE
CHOCOLATE BOMB CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
3 PACK DARK CHOCOLATE COCOA BOMBS
10 BEST WHITE CHOCOLATE BOMBE RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
COCOA DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: COCOA-DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE BOMBE
HOT COCOA BOMBES - LIVING DELISH & NUTRISH
COCOA-DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE BOMBE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
COCOA DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE COATED ALMONDS RECIPE (POWER …
10 BEST CHOCOLATE BOMBE DESSERT RECIPES - YUMMLY
COCOA DUSTED ALMONDS [ONLY 5 MINUTES!] - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
COCOA DUSTED CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES - BAKER JO
HOMEMADE DARK CHOCOLATE - COOKING FROM HEART
COCOA DUSTED TRUFFLES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
COCOA DUSTED ALMONDS - MOM'S KITCHEN HANDBOOK
DARK CHOCOLATE BOMBE WITH RED FRUIT - VELICHE
COCOA-DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE BOMBE - PLAIN.RECIPES
CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM BOMBE | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTO
COCOA-DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE BOMBE - LUNCH RECIPES
MARICH COCOA DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT ALMONDS, BY LB
THESE DARK CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY HOT COCOA BOMBS ARE A …
You'll also love