COCONUT ALMOND CANDIES
I love Christmas candy, and these simple but special chocolates are among my favorites. They're easy to assemble in paper-lined muffin cups.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut, milk, confectioners' sugar and butter until blended (mixture will be sticky); set aside., In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon chocolate mixture into 42 paper-lined miniature muffin cups. , Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of coconut mixture into balls; gently press into chocolate. Top each with an almond. Spoon 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture over each. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts :
COCONUT ALMOND CANDY
The secret ingredient in this homemade candy is a true surprise-no one tasting these delicious morsels will guess what's in the sweet, creamy filling! -Katrina Smith, Lawrence, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, mix coconut, potatoes, vanilla and, if desired, salt. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour. , With hands dusted with confectioners' sugar, shape mixture into twenty-four 1-in. ovals. Flatten slightly, then wrap each around an almond. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes. , In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Using a fork, dip candies in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 61mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
The killer combination of coconut, almonds, and milk chocolate makes for a delectable candy bar. One of the most iconic of American candies, the Almond Joy, is famous for its creamy coconut filling topped with almonds and covered in milk chocolate. Its sibling, the Mounds bar, has the same coconut center but no almonds. Although the recipes for these two candies are top secret, it's possible to make wonderfully coconutty chocolate candies in your own home.
Provided by Anita Chu
Categories Candy Chocolate Dessert Christmas Kid-Friendly Halloween Coconut Almond Candy Thermometer Double Boiler Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher Small Plates
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Line a 9-by-13-inch pan with foil and coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Combine condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl.
- 3. Add confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time and stir with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated.
- 4. Add coconut and stir until combined.
- 5. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and press it into an even layer. Then press the almonds into the mixture in even rows. Chill candy in refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
- 6. Using a sharp chef's knife, cut the candy into small rectangles.
- 7. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- 8. Melt and temper the chocolate, or simply melt the coating chocolate.
- 9. Dip the bars into the chocolate, covering completely, and place them on the prepared sheet.
- 10. Refrigerate candy for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
COCONUT (ALMOND) JOYS
These do not look like Mounds or Almond Joys, but the taste is very similar. I make these every Christmas along with my cookies and they are very easy and quick to make. They are very pretty on a tray when placed in decorated mini muffin liners.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 36 candies
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine melted butter, sugar and coconut and mix well.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls into balls and place on cookie or baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Flatten each ball slightly by making an indentation in the center with thumb or finger.
- Fill centers with melted chocolate.
- Place an almond half or sliver on top, if desired.
- Chill until firm and store in refrigerator.
ALMOND-COCONUT CANDY BARS
Almond and coconut bring out the crunch in these candy bars flavored with chocolate - a delicious dessert.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. In small saucepan, combine 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup butter; melt over low heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in cookie crumbs. Spread mixture evenly in bottom of sprayed foil-lined pan. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla and almond extract; blend well. Stir in coconut and flour until well mixed.
- Spread filling evenly over base. Arrange almonds over bars in 6 rows of 6 each.
- Bake at 350°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and center is set when lightly touched.
- In small saucepan, melt glaze ingredients over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Drizzle glaze over bars. Cool at least 4 hours or until set. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Bar, Sodium 50 mg, Sugar 12 g
ALMOND CHOCOLATE COCONUT COOKIES II
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.9 calories, Carbohydrate 32.6 g, Cholesterol 27.8 mg, Fat 14.4 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 138.2 mg, Sugar 20.8 g
COCONUT ALMOND FONDANT CANDY
These are so yummy!! If you like Almond Joys, you have to try them. They can be shaped into balls or larger "eggs" for Easter.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 200 candies
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Mix in nuts and coconut.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and dip in melted chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together milk and sugar until smooth. Heat, without stirring, to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and vanilla. Let cool slightly.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper lined sheets and let cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 478.1 calories, Carbohydrate 75.4 g, Cholesterol 2.4 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 18.1 g, Sodium 24 mg, Sugar 70.3 g
CHOCOLATE COCONUT ALMOND BALLS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: desiccated coconut, icing sugar, salt, vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk, dark chocolate, almond
Provided by Dhruv Vohra
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl mix together coconut, sugar, salt, vanilla, and condensed milk. If the mixture is too dry add additional milk until it all just comes together.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Break apart chocolate bars and add to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave chocolate for 75 seconds, stopping every 30 seconds to check and stir.
- Remove the coconut balls from the freezer and individually roll in melted chocolate to coat. Place back on a wax paper lined tray and sprinkle with additional coconut and top with an almond (optional).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 634 calories, Carbohydrate 92 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 79 grams
More about "coconut and almond candy recipes"
COCONUT ALMOND CANDY (HOMEMADE ALMOND JOY)
Servings 18Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Mix coconut butter, sprouted almond butter, honey and vanilla extract together in a food processor. Mix until very smooth.
- Evenly pour the almond butter mixture into 18 mini cup molds. Fill each up approximately 3/4 full.
COCONUT-ALMOND CANDY BARS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 25Calories 252 per serving
- Butter a 12x9-inch piece of foil; set foil aside. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and vanilla. Stir in the coconut.
- Turn coconut mixture onto the buttered foil. Pat coconut mixture into a 10x5-inch rectangle. Cut the mixture into 2x1-inch rectangles. Press 2 blanched whole almonds into the top of each rectangle.
- Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioners coating. Carefully dip the rectangles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off rectangles.
- Place the dipped rectangles on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. Makes 25 candy bars.
KETO COCONUT CHOCOLATE CANDY RECIPE - LOW CARB YUM
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED ALMOND MACAROONS — HUNGRY ENOUGH TO EAT SIX
CHOCOLATE COCONUT ALMOND SCONES - JO COOKS
ALMOND COCONUT CAKE (A SCRATCH RECIPE) | MY CAKE SCHOOL
HOMEMADE ALMOND JOY CANDY BAR RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OIL RECIPES CANDY CANNA COCONUT
2 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE COCONUT CANDY CLUSTERS - BEAMING BAKER
COCONUT AND ALMOND CANDY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
COCONUT-ALMOND CANDIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
THE BEST COCONUT CANDY RECIPES - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND …
THE BEST COCONUT CANDY RECIPES
COCONUT ALMONDS - CRAZY FOR CRUST
ALMOND CHOCOLATE COCONUT CANDY RECIPE — SIMPLE CREATIVE HOME
COCONUT LOW CARB CANDY BARS LIKE ALMOND JOY
PALEO ALMOND JOY – THE BEST HOMEMADE COCONUT CANDY BAR
HOMEMADE ALMOND JOYS CANDY - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
ALMOND COCONUT CANDY BARS RECIPE | OH NUTS BLOG
COCONUT CHOCOLATE ALMOND CANDY RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
COCONUT ALMOND CHOCOLATE BARK - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CANDY BARS | HOMEMADE ALMOND JOY BARS
COCONUT ALMOND CANDY RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
VEGAN ALMOND-COCONUT CANDY BARS - SO YUMMY! - GFJULES
COCONUT ALMOND CANDY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
COCONUT ALMOND CANDY ARCHIVES – MY RECIPE REVIEWS
CHOCOLATE COCONUT ALMOND CANDY
TOASTED COCONUT & ALMOND CHOCOLATE CLUSTERS | KITCHN
4-INGREDIENT ALMOND COCONUT COOKIES - EATING BIRD FOOD
COCONUT ALMOND BARS RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
COCONUT ALMOND CANDY | RECIPE | COCONUT ALMOND, CANDY RECIPES, …
ALMOND AND COCONUT CHOCOLATE CANDY RECIPE - BAKE FRESH
ALMOND, CHOCOLATE, AND TOASTED COCONUT SHAKE RECIPE
10 BEST COCONUT CANDY WITH CONDENSED MILK RECIPES - YUMMLY
COPYCAT ALMOND JOY CANDY BARS - MOM ON TIMEOUT
ALMOND CANDY RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
10 BEST CHOCOLATE ALMOND CANDY RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a coconut and almond cake?In a large bowl, mix coconut, potatoes, vanilla and, if desired, salt. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour. With hands dusted with confectioners' sugar, shape mixture into twenty-four 1-in. ovals. Flatten slightly, then wrap each around an almond.
What kind of candy has coconut and almonds in it?Coconut-and-Almond Candy. One of the most iconic of American candies, the Almond Joy, is famous for its creamy coconut filling topped with almonds and covered in milk chocolate. Its sibling, the Mounds bar, has the same coconut center but no almonds. Although the recipes for these two candies are top secret, it's possible to make wonderfully...
How do you make Almond Joy candy bars?A tasty homemade version of Almond Joy candy bars! Line 8×8 dish with baking paper or aluminum foil leaving an overhand on each side, spray with nonstick spray, set aside. Stir together sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut until evenly combined. Start with 1 can sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups of shredded coconut.
What are the ingredients in homemade chocolate coconut candy bars?Homemade Chocolate Coconut Candy Bars. Believe it or not, for this simple recipe you need just 4 ingredients: sweetened condensed milk, coconut, almond and milk chocolate. Moreover, it’s ridiculously easy to make! But believe me, these copycat Homemade Almond Joy Candy Bars taste out-of-this-world GOOD!!!