COLD OVEN POUND CAKE
- Do not preheat oven!
- Mix Crisco and butter; add sugar and eggs, one at a time, and milk.
- Beat after each ingredient and egg is added.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to mixture.
- Add flavoring.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350°.
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE
- Do not preheat oven. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour alternately with the milk. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place cake in cold oven, then set the temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.5 calories, Carbohydrate 56.3 g, Cholesterol 36.1 mg, Fat 19.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 151.3 mg, Sugar 38.5 g
COLD-OVEN POUND CAKE RECIPE - (3.3/5)
Provided by jeckert
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position. Grease and flour 16-cup tube pan. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Whisk milk and vanilla in measuring cup. 2. With electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with 2 additions of milk mixture. Mix on low until smooth, about 30 seconds. Use rubber spatula to give batter final stir. 3. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Place cake in cold oven. Adjust oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake, without opening oven door, until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65 to 80 minutes. 4. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Serve. (Cooled cake can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.)
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE
Cold oven pound cake bakes slowly as the oven temperature rises, allowing more time for leavening. The result is the fluffiest pound cake you've ever had.
Provided by Cheryl Day
Yield Serves 12 to 16
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Butter a 10-inch (25 cm) Bundt pan, making sure to get into all the crevices. Lightly dust the pan with flour, tapping the pan on the counter to shake out the excess.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large measuring cup or small bowl, mix together the milk and vanilla.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large mixing bowl, using a handheld mixer), cream the butter on medium-high speed until very light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the speed down to low and gradually add the sugar. Then increase the speed to medium-high and continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is very light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low again and add the eggs one (50 g) at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as necessary.
- Add the flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk mixture, beginning and ending with the flour and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer stand (if using) and, using the rubber spatula, incorporate any ingredients hiding at the bottom of the bowl, making sure the batter is completely mixed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the cold oven and set the oven temperature to 325°F (165°C). Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until the cake is golden on top; a cake tester inserted in the center should come out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then invert it onto another rack, turn right side up, and let cool completely.
- Dust the cooled cake generously with confectioners' sugar, if desired. The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
COLD OVEN POUNDCAKE
Provided by Trisha Yearwood
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Do not preheat the oven. Grease and flour the bottom, sides and tube of a 9-inch tube cake pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, but do not overbeat. Set the mixer on slow speed and stir in the flour and cream alternately, beginning and ending with the flour. Add the vanilla and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and put the cake in a cold oven. Set the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Begin timing now and bake the cake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test of doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. The toothpick should be clean when it is removed. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to continue cooling.
CHRISTY'S COLD OVEN POUND CAKE
Christy is a truly wonderful cook, especially talented with dessert. This cake is her specialty, good with fresh whipped cream, fruits or just plain. Don't leave out the mace, it adds a nice flavor. It's called cold oven pound cake because you bake in an oven that has not been preheated.
Provided by LonghornMama
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cream together sugar and butter; add milk.
- Mix eggs in one at a time; add mace and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in flour.
- Pour into a buttered tube pan.
- Place cake in a cold oven.
- Turn oven to 325° and bake 1 hour, 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
More about "cold oven pound cake recipes"
CLASSIC COLD OVEN POUND CAKE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
COLD-OVEN POUND CAKE | COOK'S COUNTRY RECIPE
CLASSIC COLD-OVEN POUND CAKE - SOUTHERN LADY MAGAZINE
GRANDMA'S TRADITIONAL POUND CAKE - THESE OLD …
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
VINTAGE COLD-OVEN POUND CAKE RECIPE - A FEAST FOR THE …
CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
26 BEST POUND CAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
COLD OVEN? POUND CAKE RECIPE – NEW COOKERY RECIPES
PERFECT CLASSIC POUND CAKE - CUPCAKE PROJECT
COLD OVEN ORANGE POUND CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
A COLD OVEN IS THE SECRET TO YOUR BEST POUND CAKE YET
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE | RECIPESTY
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE - YUM TASTE
HOW A COLD OVEN COULD TAKE YOUR POUND CAKE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
RECIPES FROM CHERYL DAY'S 'TREASURY' BAKING COOKBOOK
COLD OVEN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE - HUMMINGBIRD THYME
THE PERFECT POUND CAKE | PAULA DEEN
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE - EATDARLINGEAT.NET
COLD-OVEN POUND CAKE | COOK'S COUNTRY
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY COLD OVEN BROWN SUGAR POUND CAKE - SIMPLY DELIZIOUS BAKING
COLD OVEN BROWN SUGAR WHIPPING CREAM POUND CAKE - CALL ME PMC
BEST COLD OVEN POUND CAKE RECIPE - FOOD52
COLD OVEN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE - SIMPLY DELIZIOUS BAKING
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE - SAVOR THE BEST
COLD-OVEN POUND CAKE | COOK'S COUNTRY - MASTERCOOK
WHY A COLD OVEN IS THE SECRET TO A BETTER POUND CAKE
COLD OVEN LEMON POUND CAKE - WHIP IT LIKE BUTTER
MISS DOT'S POUND CAKE RECIPE & THE SECRET INGREDIENT
COLD OVEN BROWN SUGAR POUND CAKE - BIG GREEN HOUSE
COLD OVEN POUND CAKE RECIPE @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
CRISCO POUND CAKE - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
A WHIPPING CREAM POUND CAKE THAT'LL KNOCK YOU OUT!
COLD OVEN LEMON POUND CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ANNIE LAURIE'S COLD OVEN POUND CAKE ON BAKESPACE.COM
COLD OVEN BROWN SUGAR POUND CAKE - PLAIN CHICKEN
HOW TO MAKE A COLD OVEN POUND CAKE - TASTEOFHOME.COM
#time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #cakes #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love