COOK RICE LIKE PASTA!
This is an absolutely Foolproof way to get perfect rice every time.My mother-in-law, taught me this way many moons ago. She always used this method when making Gumbo as weel as Red Beans and Rice, since both are served over plain cooked white rice. I now also do the same with brown rice.The measurements I give below are just an example and can be reduced or multiplied. I was asked to post it because of a dicussion we had in Q&A about rinsing rice.
Provided by Koechin Chef
Categories Low Protein
Yield 4 cups, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil and pour in the rice. Stir well. Think about the way you would cook Pasta. This is exactly the same method.
- Lower the heat slightly and stir several times during cooking. Taste a few kernels after about 12 minutes. Some rice, like brown rice can take up to 20 minutes, but my white rice is always done in 12-15 minutes. Drain the rice into a sieve or collander and rinse with water. You will have wonderful seperate kernels of rice.
- Bringing the water to a boil is not figured into prep. time.
PASTA METHOD FOR BOILING RICE
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add rice. Lower to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is cooked through, about 11 minutes. Drain rice and return to the same pot. Cook rice over very low heat, stirring constantly, until excess water has evaporated, about 1 minute. Fluff with a fork and serve.
MY FRIEND shared this recipe with me several years ago. It is a good side dish that compliments chicken, pork and beef. It's a big hit whenever I serve it.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add rice and noodles; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 737mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
More about "cook rice like pasta recipes"
THE HUGE BATCH OF RICE YOU COOK LIKE PASTA | EPICURIOUS
Author Anya HoffmanPublished 2019-01-31Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Pan-Fry Into Crispy Rice Fritters. Mix rice with chopped or grated veggies and an egg, then fry some bite-sized fritters your kids will go nuts for. Here's how to do it.
- Throw It Into Soup. If your leftover rice is in the freezer, there's no need to defrost it if you're using it in soup: just add rice directly to a pot of simmering broth and let it warm through.
- Add It to a Frittata. Frittatas are, in general, the perfect vehicle for repurposing leftovers; adding a cup or two of rice to any recipe will add bulk and a nice, chewy texture.
- Make Fried Rice. We have many delicious recipes for fried rice, but you don't really need a recipe to make it—and you don't need to stick to strictly Asian ingredients to flavor it (though that is always a delicious option).
- Turn It Into a Grain Salad. I love making grain salads with rice—especially brown rice, with its nutty flavor and chewy texture. The beauty of a grain salad is how flexible it is: you can take any cooked grain, add almost any cooked or raw vegetable, and toss with a delicious dressing and you'll have a fantastic, hearty salad.
- Stuff Peppers (Or Eggplants. Or Tomatoes. Or Cabbage.) Stuffed peppers can feel a little old-school, but this classic dish is really good when done well.
- Make a Big Pot of Rice Pudding. As my coworker Anna Stockwell mentions in this primer on rice pudding, if you start with cooked rice, you can make this comforting dessert in just 15 minutes.
- Turn It Into a Rice Bowl. The original grain bowl, a scoop of warm rice topped with a little protein, some greens, and maybe something a little pickle-y makes for such an easy dinner, particularly if you have other leftovers on hand (like our favorite slow-cooker shredded chicken, which also freezes beautifully, or a big pot of creamy beans).
- Top With a Pat of Butter and Go to Town. No, it's not fancy. Yes, it's very good. Tags Small Plates Sunday Stash Kid-Friendly Rice Brown Rice Wild Rice Dinner Quick & Easy Quick and Healthy Tips and Tricks.
HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA - KITCHEN KONFIDENCE
4.8/5 (8)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 3
PASTA METHOD OF COOKING RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ORZO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD - RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS
QUICK PASTA RISOTTO - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
HOW LONG TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA: LONG-GRAIN OR BROWN RICE
10 BEST PASTA RICE COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA - FOOD NEWS
WHY YOU SHOULD COOK RICE LIKE PASTA | MYRECIPES
ANY DOWNSIDE TO COOKING RICE LIKE PASTA? : ASKCULINARY
DAINTY RICE | HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA, FAST & SIMPLE
COOK RICE LIKE PASTA – POTATO STRONG
COOK RICE LIKE PASTA! - PLAIN.RECIPES
COOKING BLACK RICE LIKE PASTA - RAMEN NOODLE RECIPES TIKTOK
HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA | RECIPE | HOW TO COOK RICE ...
HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA | OUR EVERYDAY LIFE
HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA! – FLOATING LEAF FINE FOODS
HOW TO MAKE PASTA IN A RICE COOKER - SIMPLY HEALTHY FAMILY
COOK RICE LIKE PASTA! RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COOK RICE LIKE PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
HOW TO COOK LONG-GRAIN RICE LIKE PASTA - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
HOW TO COOK RICE PASTA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RICE LIKE PASTA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
COOK RICE LIKE PASTA | RICE LIKE PASTA, RICE DIET RECIPE ...
HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA - EXTRA HELPINGS
COOK BASMATI RICE LIKE PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
COOK RICE LIKE PASTA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO COOK RICE LIKE PASTA | HOW TO COOK RICE, RICE LIKE ...
THE BEST WAY TO COOK TO BROWN RICE IS THE PASTA METHOD ...
CAN YOU COOK BROWN RICE LIKE PASTA - RAMEN NOODLE RECIPES ...
RECIPES & MORE – TAGGED "COOK RICE LIKE PASTA" – FLOATING ...
HOW TO COOK RICE SPAGHETTI : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
FOR A BETTER RICE SALAD, COOK THE RICE LIKE PASTA ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook rice like pasta?The process is simple really: cook rice like pasta. First, let’s talk about the more standard method for cooking rice. You start by adding water and rinsed rice to a pot in a certain ratio depending on what type of rice you are cooking. Sometimes you add salt and fat to flavor the rice as it cooks.
How do you cook rice in a rice cooker?Fill a large pot with water 3/4 full, and bring to a boil over high heat. Season the water with a few big pinches of salt. It should taste like sea water. Stir in the rice, drop the heat to medium, and cook uncovered until al dente, stirring occasionally. For white rice, start checking for doneness (tasting) at 7 minutes.
How do you make rice taste good?Sometimes you add salt and fat to flavor the rice as it cooks. The water comes up to a boil, you clamp a lid on, and then cook for a specified time period. The rice soaks up all the water, and you finish with a fork fluff. Simple enough. Now, let’s go over the new process. You fill a large pot with water, and salt it so it tastes like the sea.
How do you cook rice with salt?Add your rice to a medium pot. Add hot water to your pot, until the water is two inches higher than the grains. Place your pot on the stove over high heat. Add your salt to the water and stir it in with a slotted spoon. Cover the pot until it boils. (Mine takes 8 minutes.) When the water is boiling,...