CREOLE CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER
Ideally you would make this in the middle of summer with ears of fresh, sweet-as-sugar corn. You can also make a perfectly fine version of this chowder using a premium-quality, extra-sweet, frozen corn.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; stir in onion, jalepeno peppers, celery, and a pinch of salt. Cook until onions are soft and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir seafood seasoning and cayenne pepper into onion mixture; cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle flour over onion mixture; cook and stir until mixture is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups water, 1/2 pound corn kernels, and 2 ounces crabmeat into the onion mixture; increase heat to medium-high and bring to simmer.
- Place 1 cup water, 1/2 pound corn kernels, and garlic into a blender. Cover and puree until smooth.
- Pour corn puree into the Dutch oven and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until chowder is thicker and the color deepens, about 45 minutes.
- Stir 6 ounces of crabmeat, paprika, and heavy cream into chowder. Season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with green onions and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
EASY CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER
This is a simple yet flavorful chowder that can be prepared in a jiffy. Chicken curry variation is just as easy, and just as tasty. Leftovers make a great casserole or au gratin the next day.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by R. Estes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Wrap potato cubes in plastic wrap, and microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, cook bacon over medium heat until heated through, and add chopped onions. Cook and stir until onions are clear. Stir in crab meat and parsley flakes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large stock pot over low heat. Whisk in flour until mixture becomes creamy and takes on a eggshell color. Continue to cook for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine. Dissolve chicken bouillon in milk; when the flour mixture is crumbly, slowly whisk in the milk. Mix well in order to eliminate all lumps.
- When the mixture is creamy and hot, stir in bacon mixture, cubed potatoes, and creamed corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- For a creamy curry variation add 2 tablespoons curry powder after adding the wine to the flour mixture, and substitute cooked, cubed chicken for the bacon.
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER
I started cooking at a local restaurant when I was 16 years old. This creamy chowder was one of the soups we made. The recipe had been passed from cook to cook- but had never been written down, until now!
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 35-40 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.
CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat a deep pot over moderate heat. Add oil and butter. As you chop your veggies, add them to the pot: potatoes, celery, onion, and red bell pepper. Add bay leaf to the pot. Season vegetables with salt and pepper and Old Bay seasoning. Saute veggies 5 minutes, then sprinkle in flour. Cook flour 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and combine. Stir in milk and combine. Bring soup up to a bubble. Add corn and crab meat and simmer soup 5 minutes. Adjust the soup seasonings. Remove bay leaf. Ladle soup into bread bowls or soup bowls and top with oyster crackers, hot sauce and sliced scallions.
SWEET CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and saute the onion and celery until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually add the stock, whisking until you have a smooth liquid. Add the potatoes, corn, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the crabmeat and heavy cream and heat the soup gently but thoroughly. Do not let it boil or the soup may curdle. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
CAJUN CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER
I skipped the wine and used evaporated milk in place of heavy cream. I also skipped the sour cream, but this was still delicious. I used crab and lobster and threw in a couple potatoes for fun. Recipe courtesy of The Soup Cookbook.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by AmyZoe
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, and carrot and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Increase the heat to medium, pour in the wine, and cook for 2 minutes, until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil, then add the corn, cayenne, and mixed herbs.
- Bring back to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer gently over very low heat for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Do not let the soup boil.
- Gradually add the sour cream, whisking continuously with a balloon whisk, then stir in the dill and crabmeat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat gently for 3 to 4 minutes, then ladle into warmed bowls and serve immediately with bread rolls.
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON
- Sauté bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat. Add onion to drippings in saucepan and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes and stir until coated. Add clam juice; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add half and half, corn, crab, fresh thyme, and half of bacon; cook uncovered until potatoes and corn are tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chowder equally into 6 bowls. Garnish with remaining bacon and serve.
People also searched
More recipes about "corn and crab chowder"
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - WONKYWONDERFUL
2019-09-26 · Cook 1-2 minutes or until flour is lightly browned. Add milk, corn, crab, Old Bay season, bay leaf and green chiles. Simmer for 10-15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once chowder …
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and melt. Slow stir in flour while stirring. Cook 1-2 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once chowder reaches desired thickness salt and pepper to taste.
CORN-AND-CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2007-09-17 · Advertisement. Step 2. Sauté celery and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Step 3. Whisk together broth and flour until smooth. Add to celery mixture. Stir in corn. …
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon.
- Whisk together broth and flour until smooth. Add to celery mixture. Stir in corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Gently stir in crabmeat and next 4 ingredients; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm with crumbled bacon and oyster crackers. Garnish, if desired.
FRESH CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | PACIFIC FOODS
Add corn, crab, and half and half. Cook on medium-low for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve chowder with a sprinkle of fresh parsley, a spoonful of fresh corn kernels, and a sprinkle of black …
- Add olive oil to a deep dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, and leeks. Saute for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add russet potatoes, sea salt, pepper, and Organic Chicken Broth. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a low-boil, and cover. Cook soup, stirring occasionally for 12 minutes.
- Remove the lid from soup and reduce heat. Use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, still leaving some larger pieces of vegetables, for about 3-5 minutes, or until the soup has reached your desired consistency.
CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER - THE DINNER-MOM
2014-06-22 · While soup simmers, combine remaining 2 cups of corn and milk in a blender and process. Mixture should be fairly smooth, but some corn kernels may remain. Stir corn and milk mixture into soup mixture and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Add crab meat to chowder…
SPICY CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2010-07-06 · Cook 4 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Reduce heat to medium. Step 4. Combine remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half and flour in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return corn puree to pan. Stir in poblano, milk, and crab…
- Place poblano on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 8 minutes on each side or until blackened. Place pepper in a small zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients (through red pepper) to pan; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn; sauté 2 minutes. Remove 3/4 cup corn mixture from pan. Combine 3/4 cup corn mixture and 3/4 cup half-and-half in a blender; process until smooth. Add potato to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cook 4 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half and flour in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return corn puree to pan. Stir in poblano, milk, and crab; bring to a simmer. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
INSTANT POT SUMMER CORN & CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2020-01-28 · Directions. Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Select SAUTE setting on a programmable pressure multicooker (such as Instant Pot). Select HIGH temperature setting and allow to preheat. …
- Select SAUTE setting on a programmable pressure multicooker (such as Instant Pot). Select HIGH temperature setting and allow to preheat. Add bacon to cooker; cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate using a slotted spoon. Add leek and bell pepper to drippings in cooker; cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add corn, potato, butter, salt, and cayenne; stir until butter melts. Add flour; stir to combine. Add water, and stir to combine.
- Press CANCEL. Cover cooker with lid, and lock in place. Turn steam release handle to SEALING position. Select MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK setting. Select HIGH pressure for 7 minutes. (It will take 5 to 8 minutes for cooker to come up to pressure before cooking begins.)
- Carefully turn steam release handle to VENTING position and let steam fully escape. (This will take 1 to 2 minutes.) Remove lid from cooker; turn cooker off. Add crab, milk, and parsley to cooker; stir to combine. Allow mixture to stand until crab is warmed, about 5 minutes. Ladle evenly into 10 bowls; sprinkle evenly with bacon.
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2006-09-13 · DIRECTIONS In a pot, cook the onion in the olive oil until soft but not browned. Add the corn, potatoes, sherry, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Mix to combine and cook over …
- Add the corn, potatoes, sherry, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Mix to combine and cook over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes (or until the potatoes are almost tender). Stir as needed.
- Add the cream, crab, and roasted red pepper and heat 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring as needed--do not allow the soup to boil.
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER (NO FLOUR) - LITTLE BROKEN
2017-07-27 · Transfer 2 cups of chowder to a food-processor or blender, and purée until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the pot. Add corn, crab meat, half and half, and cook uncovered until corn is tender about 7-10 minutes. Make sure the chowder …
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, leeks, and sauté 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf, Old Bay seasoning, salt, black pepper, to taste, and chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook partially covered over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are halfway done.
- Discard bay leaf. Transfer 2 cups of chowder to a food-processor or blender, and purée until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the pot. Add corn, crab meat, half and half, and cook uncovered until corn is tender about 7-10 minutes. Make sure the chowder is not at a rapid boil at this point or the half and half will separate.
CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER - RECIPES - FAXO
2014-08-23 · Whisk together broth and flour until smooth then add to celery mixture. Stir in corn and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Gently stir in crabmeat and …
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 T. drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Whisk together broth and flour until smooth then add to celery mixture. Stir in corn and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Gently stir in crabmeat and next 4 ingredients; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm with crumbled bacon and oyster crackers. Garnish, if desired.
CORN-AND-CRAB CHOWDER RECIPE | RECIPE | CRAB CHOWDER ...
Aug 13, 2012 - This creamy corn-and-crab chowder is a hearty, comforting meal, perfect for chilly fall and winter nights. Aug 13, 2012 - This creamy corn-and-crab chowder is a hearty, comforting meal, perfect for chilly fall and winter nights. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by ...
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
2021-07-19 · Crab and Corn Chowder Recipe . Share: Share recipe using facebookIconDesc. Share recipe using Twitter . Share recipe using Whatsapp ... How To Make Crab and Corn Chowder. Print. Served in less than an hour, this creamy crab and corn chowder uses chicken broth, pasteurized crabmeat, and chunky potatoes, for a filling warm bowl. Preparation: 15 minutes. Cooking: 35 …
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER | SEAFOOD | COMFORT FOOD
2019-04-08 · FINISHING AND SERVING THE CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER. Allow to simmer another 8 to 10 minutes. Taste for additional salt. Reduce heat. Add in the corn. I used a combination of sweet yellow and white shoepeg (links above). Gently fold in the crab meat. Reserve a few pieces of the lump crab to garnish the top of each bowl.
CRAB AND CREAM CHEESE WONTONS - RECIPE GIRL
2021-07-24 · As far as the crab is concerned, you can used fresh crab or canned crab. I buy the crab in a container in the refrigerated seafood section of Costco. Then I can use the leftovers to make Crab Fettuccine, Corn and Crab Chowder or Crab Salad. How to fill and shape wontons: Lay a wonton wrapper on a dry work surface. You’ll need a little bowl of ...
CORN AND CRAB BISQUE CROCK POT RECIPE - IMAGE OF FOOD RECIPE
2021-07-26 · Corn Crab Crawfish Bisque Or Chowder Just A Pinch Recipes. Crab And Corn Chowder Y Southern Kitchen. Slow Cooker Shrimp Crab Bisque. Slow Cooker Crab And Corn Chowder Stop. Creamy And Irresistible Corn Crab Chowder. Potato Crab Chowder Recipe Food. Corn And Shrimp Bisque. Tomato Crab Bisque Recipe Pillsbury.
See details ››
RECIPE OF ANY-NIGHT-OF-THE-WEEK LOBSTER CORN CHOWDER ...
2021-07-27 · This recipe for lobster corn chowder is the perfect way to usher in fall. This delicious lobster chowder is packed with chunks of cooked lobster meat, corn, and vegetables. Add some crab or shrimp to this chowder to turn it into a hearty seafood corn chowder. Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, lobster corn chowder. …
See details ››
CRAB CHOWDER- TFRECIPES
Recipe From allrecipes.com. Provided by STUCK601. Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Chowders. Time 40m. Yield 6. Number Of Ingredients: 11. Ingredients; Nutrition ; 2 tablespoons unsalted butter: 1 yellow onion, finely chopped: 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices: 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme: salt and ground black pepper to taste: 7 potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces ...
See details ››
CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER | CANADIAN LIVING
2016-12-05 · Stir in potatoes, broth, clam juice, thyme, paprika, pepper, bay leaf and 2 cups water; bring to boil. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in bacon, crabmeat, corn and cream; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 7 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; discard bay leaf.
See details ››
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | CHOWDER RECIPES, CRAB AND ...
Oct 1, 2019 - This chowder recipe is quick and easy! Crab and Corn Chowder is a thick, rich, indulgent soup that will make you think you are near the beach.
See details ››
CRAB AND CORN CHOWDER | RECIPE SOLUTION 2021
2021-06-28 · Continue to simmer for 5-6 minutes to allow the flavors to blend with the crab. Add the cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Simmer and reduce for 10 minutes more or until chowder starts to thicken; stirring occasionally. Garnish chowder with chives before serving, if desired. Serve with crackers if desired.
See details ››
RECIPE CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER - YOUTUBE
Recipe - Corn and Crab ChowderINGREDIENTS: 1 16-ounce bag frozen petite white corn (do not thaw), divided 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice...
See details ››
CORN AND CRAB CHOWDER - RACHAEL RAY
Corn and Crab Chowder. By Rachael Ray • October 4, 2007 Corn and Crab Chowder. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share via e-mail Print Article. This chowder is a delicious way to warm up on a cool autumn day! Try serving it in bread bowls! Ingredients. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO) 2 tablespoons butter; 2 potatoes, peeled and diced; 2 ribs ...
See details ››