- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a large saute pan. Add onions, garlic, and celery; cook over medium heat until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl, and add the onion mixture, parsley, thyme, oregano, eggs, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered 2-quart casserole or large ovenproof skillet, and bake until golden on top and cooked through, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve hot.
GRANDMA'S CORN BREAD DRESSING
- Prepare the dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery and onion until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Place into prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.8 calories, Carbohydrate 52.8 g, Cholesterol 75.8 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 1582.3 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
This is my favorite Cornbread Dressing I use for special holidays. I make my own white bread using my bread machine and my own Skillet Cornbread to use in this recipe. If you prepare the bread ahead of time, you can freeze them until ready to use. I really like this dressing. It is easy to do and has a great flavor. I like to add fresh mushrooms to the mix. Happy Holidays!
Provided by Bev I Am
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in a skillet; add the onions and celery and saute until tender.
- Combine toasted bread and cornbread in a large bowl and mix.
- Add onions and celery plus their cooking liquid, the salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning and mix throughly.
- Using a bulb baster, add just enough turkey giblet broth to make a very moist mixture, then stir in the eggs and scrape the dressing into a large greased baking pan or dish.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven until dressing is nicely browned, about 30-40 minutes.
Drew Weeks sent the recipe for this old-fashioned dressing from his home in Edisto Island, South Carolina.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 13 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 375°. For cornbread, in a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, water, milk and oil. Stir into flour mixture just until blended. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Crumble into a large bowl. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. , For stuffing, stir bread cubes into cornbread crumbs. In a nonstick skillet, cook celery and onion in oil until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir into cornbread mixture. , In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. In a large bowl, combine the broth, egg, seasonings and bouillon mixture. Pour over cornbread mixture; toss to coat evenly., Transfer to a greased 13x9x2-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 592mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter; add the onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring often, until light golden, about 6 to 8 minutes and remove from the pan to a small plate. Raise the heat to medium-high and add the water, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet and allowing the water to simmer just a couple of minutes to infuse in the onion flavor. Remove from the heat.
- Put the cornbread in a large mixing bowl. Melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter in a small pan over medium heat and let it bubble until the milk solids to start to turn golden. Add the sage leaves and briefly fry until beginning to crisp, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, remove sage and put on top of cornbread to drain and crisp. Remove the butter from the heat. Add the eggs and cooked onions to the cornbread and pour the browned butter over the mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the onion infused water, a tablespoon at a time, gently folding, until cornbread is evenly moistened but not soggy. Pour the dressing into a 9 by 11-inch baking dish and bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown in color and the dressing is set in the middle, about 30 minutes.
More about "cornbread dressing i recipes"
SOUTHERN SOUL FOOD CORNBREAD DRESSING | I HEART RECIPES
5/5 (18)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side Dish
- Start chopping, and dicing all of the vegetables such as the celery, onions, and garlic. Also chop up the fresh sage.
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD DRESSING | SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 14-16Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Thanksgiving Recipes
- Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add celery and onions, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in sage, and sauté 1 minute.
- Stir together Cornbread Crumbles and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, next 2 ingredients, and celery mixture, stirring until blended. Divide cornbread mixture between 1 lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish and 1 lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
THE BEST CORNBREAD DRESSING (CORNBREAD STUFFING) - …
Category SideCalories 350 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 300F. Place cubed cornbread on a large baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until dried out. Set aside.
- Add onion, celery, salt and pepper to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes.
BEST CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CORNBREAD ...
5/5 (3)Calories 570 per serving
EASY CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
4.4/5 (5)Total Time 40 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 269 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 7” x 11” or 8” x 8” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the chopped onion and celery. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
AUNTIE ROSE'S SOUTHERN CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE ...
4.1/5 (94)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 450 per serving
- Begin by adding a layer of dressing mixture to bottom of 9x13 pan about a ¾ to an inch high to cover the bottom of the pan. Line the layer with shredded chicken then repeat with another large layer of dressing then chicken and repeat ending with dressing at the top of the pan. Repeat for the other 9x13 pan.
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (5)Total Time 55 minsCategory Side DishCalories 333 per serving
- Melt ½ cup butter in a large skillet. Add celery, onion, poultry seasoning and sage. Cook over medium heat until tender (do not brown). Cool.
TRADITIONAL CORNBREAD DRESSING - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
YOU'LL LOVE THIS EASY CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - WRITTEN ...
CLASSIC CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
Category Food, Dish, StuffingTotal Time 3 hrs
- Prepare the Cornbread: Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine self-rising cornmeal mix and, if desired, sugar in a large bowl. Stir together eggs and buttermilk in a medium bowl; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Heat salted butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in preheated oven 5 minutes. Stir melted butter into batter. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake in preheated oven until Cornbread is golden, about 25 minutes; cool in skillet 20 minutes. Remove from skillet to a wire rack, and cool completely, 20 to 30 more minutes. Crumble Cornbread. Freeze in a large heavy-duty ziplock plastic bag up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator.
- Prepare the Dressing: Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high; add onion and celery, and cook, stirring often, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add sage and thyme, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (25)Calories 272 per servingCategory Side Dish
- If you haven't already, dry your cornbread and bread cubes. Spread them onto large baking sheets and leave them to dry out for 1-2 days. If you're in a hurry you can dry it out in the oven. Place the bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees F for about 30-45 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so, until the bread is dry and stale.
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the onion and celery and cook for a few minutes until softened.
CORNBREAD DRESSING - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory SidesCalories 374 per serving
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the sausages over for about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage with a fork while cooking. Add to the cornbread.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil and add the mushrooms, onions, celery, parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds).
OLD FASHIONED CORNBREAD DRESSING - MY TURN FOR US
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 182 per serving
- Saute the celery and onions in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the veggies are tender. Set aside and let cool
- Add the broth to the cornbread mixture 1 cup at a time until the mixture is a thick like pudding. This is the time to check your seasonings. Add more salt or pepper if needed and we love more sage so add more of it if you wish.
- Beat the eggs and mix them into the cornbread mixture. Gently spoon into a large baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for an hour, uncovered
BLACK FOLKS CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - THE SOUL FOOD POT
EASY CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - SEMI-HOMEMADE - HOSTESS ...
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - NYT COOKING
CORNBREAD STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE FOR CORNBREAD DRESSING | FOOD
HOMEMADE CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE VIDEO BY RECIPEBOXTV | IFOOD.TV
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make dressing for cornbread crumbles?Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add celery and onions, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in sage, and sauté 1 minute. Stir together Cornbread Crumbles and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, next 2 ingredients, and celery mixture, stirring until blended.
How long does it take to bake cornbread dressing?Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the cornbread and mix. Slowly add the broth and stir. Now add the sautéed onion and celery. Pour the entire mixture into the baking dish and bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the top has turned a medium golden brown.
What kind of dressing is used in cornbread dressing?The recipe here uses cornbread as the base with an addition of white bread. This dish is moistened with chicken or turkey broth and bound together with eggs. The other ingredients are what you normally expect to find in dressing including onion, celery, and poultry seasoning.
How to make corn bread dressing with celery?Prepare the dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery and onion until soft. In a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.