- To prep the crabs, check out our Scallion Ginger Cantonese Crab recipe for very detailed instructions. They should be as fresh as possible! After the crabs are prepared, pat them dry and dredge them with flour. Set aside.
- In most restaurants, crabs are almost always deep fried first, so they are cooked quickly and the juices get sealed in. But since we're doing this at home, we don't have to get out the deep fryer. The way to do it is to sear the crabs on all sides to get the same effect. Heat the wok over high heat and add 3 tablespoons of oil. Sear the crabs, paying special attention to the open dredged areas in order to seal in the juices. Turn the heat to medium and fry until they've turned red-orange. This process should take about 5 minutes and the crab should be about 80% done. Set them aside.
- There should be a tablespoon or more oil left in the wok and if not, add more until you have at least 1 ½ tablespoons. Add the ginger. Caramelize for 1-2 minutes on low heat, and then add the garlic, shallots, and the white portions of the scallion. Cook until softened.
- Turn heat to medium high and add the curry, turmeric, salt, sugar, water and wine, and stir until mixed well. Toss in the crab until coated and cover the wok. Cook for about 1 minute and stir and toss the crab until the liquid is reduced. Garnish with the green portion of the scallions and serve!
A quick, easy meal with lots of flavor. Was served this at a friend's house when we were a guest there. Feel free to increase the curry powder if you like it hotter. This is very mild curry. You can also substitute cooked shrimp, lobster, or real crab for the imitation crab meat. Serve over Saffron Rice.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter in skillet. Add soup and blend until melted.
- Stir in dry onions and sour cream, blend well. Add curry powder and meat.
- Heat about 5 minutes or until seafood is heated completely. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve over Saffron rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.9, Fat 24.1, SaturatedFat 14.5, Cholesterol 71.3, Sodium 636.2, Carbohydrate 11.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 5.7, Protein 5.3
INDIAN CRAB CURRY
- Firstly dice the crab and wash it properly.
- Take a tawa or pan add little oil. Once hot add fennel seed and cumin seed-. When they crackle.
- Add 2 sliced onion. Keep one onion aside for Tadka.
- Now put Garlic cloves, desiccated coconut, 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves, Ginger and green chilies. Saute until onion all mixture becomes dark brown. Combine this fried mixture in the grinder. This mixture is of fried onion, ginger-garlic, cumin seed, coriander leaves, green chilies and desiccated coconut. Grind until it forms a smooth paste. Add little water if required.
- Take little oil. Add now fresh grated coconut to it.
- Saute until they are brown.
- Grind to form a smooth paste. Add water if required.
- Get a wok or vessel add 3 tbsp Oil. Add the remaining chopped onion. Saute for 2 mins on low flame.
- Add tomatoes and saute for a minute.
- Mix all spices except salt. Stir for sometime.
- Let the mixture become brown. Roughly after 5 to 6 mins.
- Add the fresh coconut spice paste to the curry. Its time to add crabs to it.
- Combine well. Now add the desiccated coconut paste to the gravy.
- Check the consistency add water as required. Stir well cover with a lid for 5 mins. Stir again. Once the curry starts bubbling add salt as per taste.
- After 3 to 4 mins taste the curry. See if more salt or spice required. Switch off the gas. Your Crab Curry is ready now.
- Before Serving garnish with coriander leaves. Serve This Crab curry with Pav, Bread Or Rotis. This crab curry goes well with steamed rice.
This Cantonese curry is very mild, colorful, fun and finger-lickin' good. Oh, and messy. Great opportunity to use those antique finger bowls (damp cloths in a basket will also do). If you want spicey-hot, tweek accordingly. For more guests simply multiply the recipe by the number of crab you plan to serve. It's limited only by the capacity of your wok. I like to serve it in a large bowl in the center of the table with a loaf of wonderful bread to sop up the sauce.
Provided by sugarpea
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Sauce: Stir all ingredients together and set aside.
- Crab: Sprinkle salt, sugar and curry over pork and mix well; set aside.
- Cut crab body into quarters leaving legs and claws whole; set aside.
- Place wok over high heat and add oil when it is hot; when oil is heated, add garlic and stir once; add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes until cooked through; add onion and bell pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Add crab and stir until heated, about 3 minutes; stir Sauce, pour into wok and stir until it boils and thickens; add egg, stir just until egg begins to set, about 30 seconds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.5, Fat 18.7, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 124.9, Sodium 1509.7, Carbohydrate 13, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 4.6, Protein 22.6
CRAB MASALA CURRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: oil, coconut, medium onion, coriander seed, white sesame seeds, cumin seeds, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, garam masala, medium tomatoes, fresh coriander, crab meat, oil, curry leaf, bay leaves, cumin seeds, medium onion, green chiles, water, salt, lemon juice, coriander leaves
Provided by Angella Baria-Gambling
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 25
- For the Masala Paste:
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan. Once heated, add the chopped onion into the pan and cook until translucent.
- Add the grated coconut into the pan. Roast for about 1-2 minutes until well-toasted.
- Add the coriander seeds, white sesame seeds and cumin seeds. Roast them for 1 - 2 minutes more until aromatic. Now, empty this mixture into a bowl and let cook.
- Once cool, transfer the contents into a blender. Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, garam masala powder, tomatoes and the chopped coriander with some salt.
- Grind it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- For the Crab Curry:
- Heat oil in a nonstick wok. Once heated, add the cumin seeds, bay leaves and the curry leaves and let the leaves splutter.
- Then, add the chopped onion and cook until translucent. To this, add the green chillies and masala paste. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water to the mixture. Once the mixture is bubbling, gently add crab meat and combine.
- Add salt to taste and, if using pureed crab legs in the mixture, add this at this time.
- To the mixture, add lemon juice and cook covered on a medium flame for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once crabs turn orange in colour, they're cooked.
- Top with coriander leaves and serve hot with fresh rotis or jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 791 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 82 grams, Sugar 11 grams
MADRAS CRAB CURRY
The sight of live crabs being sold in Chinatown brought back mouthwatering memories of mom's crab curry which I used to devour and I wanted to relive the experience. The body is cooked whole along with the pincers and legs. The legs usually don't have much meat but add flavor to the dish. The curry is purposely on the milder side to ensure that the spices do not overpower the delicate meat flavor. It is best when eaten the next day! Serve with hot rice cooked with a couple of cloves and piece of cinnamon.
Provided by FSK
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, and peppercorns; cook and stir until spices start to pop. Add dried chile peppers, urad dal, and fennel seeds; cook until dal starts turning golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir onions, garlic, and ginger into the pot. Cook and stir until garlic just starts to turn golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add garam masala, chile powder, turmeric, and salt; cook 1 minute more.
- Stir 1 cup of water, tomato puree, and tomato paste into the pot. Cook until tomato puree thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 cup water, coconut, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; stir in tamarind juice.
- Bring curry back to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add crabs to the pot. Cook over medium-low heat until crabmeat is opaque, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until crabs absorb curry flavors, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 52.6 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 21.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 1147.4 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
Use pots of white and brown crabmeat, or pick the meat from fresh crab for this tasty Sri Lankan crab curry. Tamarind adds a lovely sweet and sour note
Provided by Karam Sethi
Categories Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 21
- First, make the paste. Dry-roast the coconut, cumin seeds and peppercorns until golden, then pound using a pestle and mortar or blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the fenugreek and mustard seeds and cook until they start to crackle. Add the garlic, green chilli, ginger, curry leaves and onion, sauté until golden, then add the chilli powder, turmeric and coconut paste. Cook for 10-15 mins, making sure the mixture doesn't stick - add a splash of water if you need to. Add the fish stock and reduce until the mixture thickens a little.
- Add the coconut milk powder, tamarind pulp and tomatoes and stir in the drumstick leaves, if using. Season with salt and cook for 10 mins. Check the seasoning, then add the mixed crabmeat and heat through, stirring gently. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
More about "crab curry recipes"
CRAB CURRY RECIPE - GOAN CRAB CURRY | HANK SHAW
4.8/5 (9)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 436 per serving
- Make the curry mix by toasting the coriander, peppercorns, cloves and cardamom pods in a dry skillet until they are fragrant and the coriander just starts popping. Take off the heat and let cool a minute or two and then grind fine in a mortar or spice grinder. Mix well with the turmeric, cumin and fenugreek.
- Saute the chopped onion, the ginger, and the chiles in the same pan with the oil or butter until soft. Do not brown. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take the onion mixture off the heat and put it into a blender. Add the curry spice mix to it, then about 1/4 cup of water. Blend into a puree.
- Pour the coconut milk into a pot and heat it over medium-high heat until it simmers. Add the sliced onion and grated coconut and let this cook for 3-4 minutes at an active simmer.
CRAB CURRY | SEAFOOD RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
SPICY SRI LANKAN CRAB CURRY - THE FLAVOR BENDER
THAI CRAB CURRY RECIPE (BOO PAHT PONG KAREE) » …
NANDU KUZHAMBU |CRAB CURRY |NANDU KULAMBU - COOK …
INDIAN CRAB CURRY - EASY CHETTINAD RECIPE - SAFFRON N …
GOAN CRAB CURRY RECIPE - INDIAN FOOD RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SPICY CRAB CURRY RECIPE (EASY & TASTY …
THAI CRAB CURRY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MUD CRAB CURRY RECIPE | THE TAKE IT EASY CHEF
TASTY CURRY CRAB SIMPLIFIED. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
10 BEST CRAB CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
SRI LANKAN CRAB CURRY RECIPE : SBS FOOD
THAI YELLOW CRAB CURRY THE EASY WAY - MYTHAICURRY
CRAB CURRY RECIPE - KUDLA RECIPES
SRI LANKAN CRAB CURRY - THE CURRY GUY
CRAB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CURRY CRAB WITH SHRIMP AND POTATOES. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
MAKE A FRESH THAI CRAB CURRY AT HOME FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION MEAL …
TRINI CURRY CRAB RECIPE | TRINICOOKBOOK • SABINA BY NATURE
SIMPLE JAMAICAN CURRY CRAB RECIPE - JAMAICANS.COM
MANGALORE STYLE CRAB CURRY RECIPE - RACHNA COOKS
SIMPLE CRAB CURRY RECIPE / CRAB CURRY RECIPE - YUMMY TUMMY
CRAB CURRY - EASY CURRY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CRAB CURRY, RECIPE BY MASTERCHEF SANJEEV KAPOOR
KERALA CRAB CURRY | VIDEO - NISH KITCHEN
CRAB CURRY RECIPE | STEFFI'S RECIPES
THAI CRAB CURRY RECIPE (BU PAD PONG KAREE) EASY SEAFOOD DINNER
DIANA CHAN'S CRAB CURRY
SIMPLE CRAB CURRY RECIPE - TAMARIND & THYME
CRAB CURRY SOUTH INDIAN STYLE / SPICY CRAB MASALA RECIPE
TRADITIONAL SRI LANKAN CRAB CURRY RECIPE | PARENTING TO GO
CRAB MALAI CURRY RECIPE DEBJANIR RANNAGHAR
CRAB CURRY INDIAN STYLE RECIPE: 6 EASY STEPS TO MAKE
DURBAN STYLE SPICY AND ADDICTIVE CRAB CURRY – THE5CITYSTORY
EASY CRAB CURRY - CIVILIZED CAVEMAN COOKING
CRAB CURRY WITH NAAN | SRI LANKAN RECIPES | SBS FOOD
COCONUT CRAB CURRY - 20 MINUTE CURRY RECIPE THE CURRY GUY
#curries #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #rice #seafood #crab #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish
You'll also love