CRAB STUFFED FISH
I love this dish I got it off of the T.V years ago and I make it often. I normally use a whitefish of some sort. Tilapia or Flounder are my favorites. I usually serve with rice and steamed vegetable. It's filled with flavor and is pretty easy to make. I could eat the stuffing all by it's self. A lot of times I double the stuffing but it's up to you what you think.
Provided by Gail2293
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400°F; coat a 9x13-inch baking dish w/ non stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet melt 4 T butter over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion & parsley. Sauté until tender. Remove from heat and stir in crabmeat, bread crumbs, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly over the filets. Starting from the small end, roll up each fillet, jelly roll- style. Place the rolls seam side down in baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over fillets. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
CRAB STUFFED FISH FILLETS
This truly is so tasty and impresses everyone who has had it. I chop everything and then it comes together easily. I am not sure where I even got this recipe it has been so long. I have used haddock, cod, flounder and orange roughy and they all were great with this recipe.
Provided by jellyko
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook celery, green onions and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crabmeat and all else except fish and melted butter.
- Brush fish with melted butter.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoons crab mixture on one half of each fillet.
- Fold other half over top (can toothpick).
- Place in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Spoon remaining crab mixture over each stuffed fillet and drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more until fish flakes easily.
CRAB STUFFED FLOUNDER
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Rinse the fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine crab meat, green pepper, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, white pepper and the crushed saltines. Combine the egg white and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Stir this into the crab meat mixture.
- Brush the flounder fillets with melted butter. Place in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish. Spoon the crab mixture over the fillets and drizzle with any remaining butter.
- Bake the fillets at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, lightly beat the egg yolk in a small bowl. Stir in 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Remove fish from oven and spread this mixture over the stuffing; sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees and bake until golden and bubbly, about 6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.2 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 126.7 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 407.7 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
CRAB-STUFFED FLOUNDER WITH MORNAY SAUCE AND GREEN BEANS ALMONDINE
- For the green beans almondine: Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Working in batches (to avoid crowding the pot and slowing the return a boil), cook the green beans for about 3 minutes, or until al dente. With a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the green beans directly to an ice-filled bowl and shock to stop cooking. Drain well.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until foaming and beginning to smell nutty. Add the blanched green beans and toss to coat. Add the toasted almonds and season with salt and pepper.
- For the Mornay sauce: Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and mix with a wooden spoon to make a roux--it should look like wet sand. Cook, stirring, for a couple minutes and then whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping the bottom and scorners of the pan, and cook for a few minutes. Season with some salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from the heat and add the Gruyere, stirring until fully melted and combined.
- For the crab-stuffed flounder: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic and celery; cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the vermouth and hot sauce to taste, and let cook for another minute. Pour the vegetables into a medium bowl and add the breadcrumbs, thyme and Old Bay; mix to combine. Gently fold in the crabmeat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Rinse and pat dry the flounder fillets and lay on a baking sheet. Spread the stuffing along half of each fillet and fold over to enclose. Dot evenly with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes
- Set the stuffed flounder on serving plates and top with Mornay sauce. Serve with the green beans on the side.
CHEF JOHN'S CRAB-STUFFED SOLE
There is nothing exciting about sole. It's cheap, easy to find, has a mild, unremarkable flavor, and that's about it. Which means it's the perfect candidate for jazzing up by stuffing with crab. Serve with asparagus and lemon.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly oil a baking dish.
- Combine crab, poblano pepper, panko bread crumbs, green onion, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, lemon zest, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Place sole fillets, flat-side up, on a work surface. Season fillets with salt. Divide crab mixture between fillets and roll filets up around filling. Place rolled sole in the prepared baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 the mayonnaise mixture over the sides and tops of each sole roll to coat. Place remaining 1/2 the mayonnaise mixture in a piping bag. Pipe mayonnaise mixture in a zigzag pattern over the top of each roll and sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned on top and fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.6 g, Cholesterol 127.1 mg, Fat 32 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 41.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 831.4 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
SHRIMP AND CRAB STUFFED FISH
The original recipe uses trout, but I really like it with a nice, firm white fish like grouper or snapper. The shrimp and crabmeat stuffing should hold together loosely. It calls for 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp fine, dry bread crumbs, but I couldn't get Zaar to take that. If necessary, you can add up to 1/2 cup additional fine, dry breadcrumbs to the stuffing mixture to achieve your desired consistency.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Saute the onion, green pepper, and garlic in 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the crabmeat, shrimp, breadcrumbs, parsley, chives, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut a slit in the middle of each fish fillet, being careful not to cut all the way through the fillet. Brush the cavity with 2 tbsp melted butter; spoon the reserved crabmeat stuffing evenly into the fish.
- Place fish in an shallow 3-quart baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray; cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Thinner fillets will require less time) Serve immediately.
"We live far from the ocean, which makes seafood special to my cattle-ranching family," notes Judie Anglen of Riverton, Wyoming.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, crab, onion, egg, salt and cayenne. Spoon onto fillets; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place in a greased 2-qt. broiler-proof dish; drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350°for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. , Meanwhile, for sauce, place remaining butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Drain liquid from baking dish. Spoon sauce over fillets; sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Broil 5 in. from the heat until cheese is melted and almonds are lightly browned. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 184mg cholesterol, Sodium 789mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 40g protein.
STUFFED SOLE WITH IMITATION CRAB
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place the imitation crabmeat, bell pepper, celery, and mozzarella cheese into a mixing bowl. Gently stir in the creamy salad dressing, dried onion, parsley, and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place a sole fillet onto your work surface, and place 1/4 of the crab mixture onto one end. Roll the sole over the filling, and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining fillets, and place into a close-fitting baking dish, side by side. Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake in the top third of the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil, and sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs. Return to the oven, and continue baking until the fish is flaky, and the filling is hot, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.5 calories, Carbohydrate 14.2 g, Cholesterol 76.1 mg, Fat 5.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 27.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 619.9 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
CRAB-TOPPED FISH FILLETS
These fillets are elegant enough for company but truly no trouble to make. Fish is abundant here in South Florida, and we like to get together with friends in the afternoon, so I often need to whip up a quick dinner when we get home. This special dish is one of my husband's favorites. -Mary Tuthill, Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 18-22 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the crab, cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice., Drain cooking juices from baking dish; spoon crab mixture over fillets. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat until topping is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and, if desired, paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429 calories, Fat 31g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128mg cholesterol, Sodium 1063mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
CRAB STUFFED HADDOCK
An awesome meal for anytime, and especially impressive to guests yet so simple to make. Haddock fillets are stuffed with a crab and cheese stuffing then baked. A must try - it will be a keeper. Great with salad and rice or potato! Enjoy.
Provided by JELLYKO
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add celery, green onion and garlic, and cook and stir for a few minutes until soft. Remove from heat, and stir in the crabmeat, bread cubes, egg, Romano cheese, lemon juice, and tomato. Season with salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and mix until well blended.
- Lay the haddock fillets in the prepared baking dish. Brush each one with melted butter. Place a heaping tablespoon of the crab mixture onto half of each fillet, and fold the other half over to cover. Secure with toothpicks if desired. Sprinkle on any remaining stuffing, and drizzle with any leftover melted butter. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil. (The dish may be also made ahead of time and refrigerated at this point.)
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove the cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the top has browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 157.3 mg, Fat 21.5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 32.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 559.1 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
"My family was not big on fish...until I made this dish," Joy McConaghy from Moline, Illinois notes. She stuffs catfish fillets with a delicious mixture of crabmeat, cheese, seasoned bread crumbs and mayonnaise.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut each fillet in half widthwise; place two halves in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Press crab mixture onto fillets; top with remaining halves. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 22-26 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437 calories, Fat 23g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 182mg cholesterol, Sodium 611mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 48g protein.
CRAB STUFFED SOLE
- Prepare stuffing and fish:.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix crab, mayonnaise, bell pepper, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay sole fillets flat with darker side up and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide stuffing among fillets, mounding on thicker half of each.
- Fold thinner half of fillet over stuffing, tucking end under to form a packet.
- Arrange stuffed fillets in a lightly oiled 9-inch pie plate.
- Cover with a round of parchment paper, then cover pie plate tightly with foil.
- Bake in upper third of oven until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Make bread crumbs while sole is baking: Cook garlic in oil in a small skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer sole to plates and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.9, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 75.4, Sodium 515.1, Carbohydrate 6.3, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.7, Protein 20.4
Make a reservation for four at your dining room table. With this elegant, restaurant-quality dish, you can turn an ordinary Tuesday night into a supper celebration. -Linda Stemen, Monroeville, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, pimientos and seafood seasoning. Spread 1/3 cup crab mixture over fillets. Roll up each from the pointed end; secure with toothpicks., Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over fish. Sprinkle with salt and paprika., Bake, uncovered, at 400° until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 25-30 minutes. Discard toothpicks. Spoon pan juices over fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 608 calories, Fat 47g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 248mg cholesterol, Sodium 894mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 40g protein.
More about "crab stuffed fish recipes"
CRAB STUFFED WHITEFISH - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
Ratings 25Calories 398 per servingCategory Mains
- In a medium sauce pan add olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add in onions until they begin to sweat down and even start to caramelise a little bit and then add garlic. Add chopped up crab meat/imitation crab meat, cream cheese (hold if lactose intolerant), old bay seasoning, salt and pepper and garlic chives and stir until well incorporated. Remove crab mixture from heat and allow to cool.
- Lay out your white fish, remove all bones, skin and wash and dry and lie on cutting board with the back side up and top side facing down. Layer on a thick layer of crab meat mixture on to each fish fillet and spread until it is even.
- Roll up each fish fillet and lay with seam side down on a greased baking pan. I did not use toothpicks to hold in place and all was fine.
10 BEST FISH STUFFED WITH CRABMEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRAB-STUFFED BROWN STEW FISH RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Shorne BenjaminSteps 5Difficulty Intermediate
CRAB STUFFED FLOUNDER | PAULA DEEN
FANNIE FARMER'S BAKED STUFFED FISH RECIPE - YANKEE MAGAZINE
FABULOUS BAKED CRABMEAT STUFFED CATFISH - MY SIGNATURE DISH!
CRAB STUFFED FISH WITH SAUCE - TAUNT ON WATER
CRAB STUFFED SALMON (CRAB STUFFING FOR FISH) - FOXES LOVE ...
CORNBREAD-AND-CRAB-STUFFED FISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRAB-STUFFED FISH WITH LEMON SAUCE | KALOFAGAS.CA
10 BEST CRAB MEAT STUFFING FOR FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST CRAB STUFFED SALMON. – THE 2 SPOONS
SHRIMP STUFFED TILAPIA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CRAB-STUFFED CATFISH FILLETS WITH CAJUN RÃ©MOULADE RECIPE ...
HOW TO EAT STUFFED CRAB – GALAXY TRAINING
CRAB AND SHRIMP STUFFED FISH RECIPE (PESCADO RELLENO CON ...
CRAB STUFFED FISH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRAB STUFFED FILLET O' FISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CRAB & SPINACH STUFFED FISH FILLETS | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
CRABMEAT STUFFED FISH RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRAB STUFFED SOLE FISH - MADE BY MARRIAH
CRAB MEAT STUFFED RED FISH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CRAB STUFFED FISH FILLET | PANLASANG PINOY MEATY RECIPES
CRAB STUFFED FISH FILLETS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED STUFFED FISH RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
CRAB STUFFED FISH - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRABMEAT STUFFED FISH RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
STUFFED SALMON WITH CRABMEAT CREAM CHEESE STUFFING | CHEF ...
BAKED STUFFED FISH FILLET WITH BREADCRUMBS RECIPE
SOLE FILLETS STUFFED WITH CRAB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CRAB-MEAT-STUFFED SOLE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CRAB STUFFED LOBSTER TAILS | CRAB RECIPES - FULTON FISH MARKET
CRAB MEAT STUFFING RECIPE—READY IN 10 MINUTES TO DRESS UP ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #seafood #oven #holiday-event #crab #fish #dietary #shellfish #equipment
Crab-Stuffed Tilapia Recipe : Fish & Seafood Done Right38K views-06:21
Stuffed Baked Fish with Cheesy Shrimp & Lump Crabmeat20K views-04:24
How to Make Stuffed Fish With Crab Meat & Shrimp : Flavorful Recipes22K views-02:51
Stuffed Fried Cod Fish Fillets - Crab and Shrimp Stuffed Cod3.5K views-01:39
Baked Stuffed Fish Fillet With Crabmeat recipe3.8K views-02:27
How to Grill Shrimp & Crab Stuffed Fish with Lobster Gravy -Part I | Recipe163K views-12:09
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook stuffed crab fillets in the oven?Spoon 1 heaping tablespoons crab mixture on one half of each fillet. Fold other half over top (can toothpick). Place in 9 x 13 inch pan. Spoon remaining crab mixture over each stuffed fillet and drizzle with remaining melted butter. Cover and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more until fish flakes easily.
How to make crabmeat stuffed catfish?How to make Crabmeat Stuffed Catfish 1 Wash and pat dry fillets. Season with a bit of salt/pepper. 2 Divide the crabmeat mix equally among the fillets and roll-up. 3 Place seam-side down in baking dish. Brush the tops with butter. 4 Sprinkle with salt/pepper and paprika. 5 Garnish as you like. I like to add a slice of lemon on top.
How to make crab stuffed whitefish?Crab Stuffed Whitefish is made with succulent whitefish stuffed with creamy and dreamy crab filling and topped with a lemon butter drizzle...in just 30 little minutes. In a medium sauce pan add olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add in onions until they begin to sweat down and even start to caramelise a little bit and then add garlic.
How do you stuff salmon with crab stuffing?Using a sharp knife, cut a slit lengthwise down the center of each salmon fillet to create a pocket for the filling. Sprinkle salmon with salt. Stuff each salmon fillet with half of the crab stuffing, mounding it on top of each fillet if necessary. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs over crab stuffing.