CHEESY SMASHED POTATOES
- Cut potatoes in half and place in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Work on other dishes while you are waiting for the water to boil.
- When water boils, add the potatoes and some salt, 2 big pinches, and boil for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return potatoes to the hot pot. Smash potatoes with masher and combine with sour cream and cheese. When cheese melts into potatoes, add chives and salt and pepper and re-smash. Taste the potatoes and adjust seasonings.
CRISPY CHEESY SMASHED POTATOES
I had a few ingredients and wanted to do something different with some baby red potatoes that I had. I love bacon, blue cheese, and green onions, so I threw them all together and this is what I came up with. The combination of the three together is absolutely fantastic!
Provided by Jessica E Wilson
Categories Roasted Potatoes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle. Reserve bacon grease.
- Grease a baking sheet with a small amount of the bacon grease and place potatoes on the sheet. Smash potatoes with the bottom of a glass, then brush with more bacon grease. Repeat once more (smashing/brushing). Lightly salt potatoes.
- Roast potatoes in the preheated oven until crispy, about 15 minutes. Top with blue cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
- Top with green onions and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.5 calories, Carbohydrate 27.4 g, Cholesterol 29.5 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 604.7 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
CRISPY GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES
These buttery, crispy, easy-to-make potatoes will make repeat appearances at your dinner table for special occasions and everyday meals.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 18x13-inch rimmed pan with cooking spray.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix potatoes and broth; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork; drain, reserving broth for another use if desired. Shake pan with potatoes over low heat to dry. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter and garlic. Pour 1/4 cup of the butter mixture over potatoes; toss to coat thoroughly. Place potatoes in pan. Use bottom of glass or measuring cup to flatten each potato to about 1/2-inch thickness. Drizzle top with remaining butter mixture; season with salt.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, turning once, until browned and crispy. Transfer to serving platter; sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 59 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 6 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 300 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
CRISPY SMASHED ROASTED POTATOES
Oh my! Moist, cooked tender potatoes on the inside with sizzling crisp edges on the outside. Easy, easy...great for entertaining or just a weeknight meal! Another great one from Fine Cooking magazine.
Provided by lisar
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven (preferably in one layer) and cover with at least 1 inch of water. Add 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to a good simmer, and cook the potatoes until they are completely tender and can be easily pierced with a metal or wooden skewer. Make sure they are cooked through but don't overcook. The total cooking time will be 30 to 35 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking set up a double layer of clean dishtowels on your countertop. As the potatoes finish cooking, remove them individually from the water, and let them drain and sit for just a minute or two on the dishtowels.
- Fold another dishtowel into quarters and using it as a cover, gently press down on one potato with the palm of your hand to flatten it to a thickness of about ½ inch. Repeat with all the potatoes. Don't worry if some break apart a bit; you can still use them.
- Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; put a sheet of parchment paper on top of the foil. Transfer the flatten potatoes carefully to the baking sheet and let them cool completely at room temperature.
- If making ahead, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Otherwise, continue on with roasting directions.
- Remove the pan of potatoes from the refrigerator, if prepared ahead. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Alternatively, if you have a convection function, turn it on and set the temperature at 400 degrees. Sprinkle the potatoes with about ¾ teaspoon of salt and pour the olive oil over them. Lift the potatoes gently to make sure some of the oil goes underneath them and they are well coated on both sides. Roast the potatoes until they are crispy and deep brown around the edges, about 30 minutes if using convection, 30 to 40 minutes if roasting conventionally, turning over once gently with a spatula or tongs half way through cooking. Serve hot.
- *Make Ahead Tip: Do the busy work-boiling and flattening the potatoes-up to 8 hours ahead. Let the potatoes cool completely, and store them on the pan, lightly covered in the fridge. Then all you have to do at the last minute is coat with oil and salt and roast.
More about "crispy cheesy smashed potatoes recipes"
ULTRA CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (125)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory SidesCalories 85 per serving
- Cook potatoes: Bring a pot of water to the boil, add 1 tbsp salt. Cook potatoes until soft - small ones should take around 20 to 25 minutes, medium ones might take 30 minutes. It's ok if the skin splits. Alternatively, steam or microwave them.
- Smash! Place on the tray then use a large fork or potato masher to squish them, keeping them in one piece. Thin = crisper. Thicker = fluffier insides. (Both good!) More nubbly surface = better crunch!
CRISPY CHEESY GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES - NAIVE COOK …
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
CHEESY, CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - COLORADO COUNTRY …
OVEN BAKED CHEESY SMASHED POTATOES - MY COOKING JOURNEY
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES – MODERN HONEY
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES | THE MODERN PROPER
CHEESY, CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - POTATOES USA
CRISPY SMASHED RED POTATOES – CATHERINE'S PLATES
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - A GENIUS RECIPE FOR ADDICTIVE ROASTED …
CHEESY RANCH SMASHED POTATOES | 12 TOMATOES
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST EVER CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE • MIDGETMOMMA
CRISPY GARLIC ROSEMARY SMASHED POTATOES - LET'S DISH RECIPES
CRISPY GARLIC BUTTER PARMESAN SMASHED POTATOES - CAFE DELITES
BEST POTATO SIDE DISHES (25+ AMAZINGLY TASTY POTATO SIDE DISH …
EASY ROASTED SMASHED POTATOES WITH CHEESE! - 365 DAYS OF BAKING
CRISPY CHEESY POTATO STACKS. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
CRUSHED CRISPY POTATOES WITH CHEESE | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE
AIR FRYER CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - AIR FRY ANYTIME
THE BEST CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES (GARLIC PARMESAN FLAVOR) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - AHEAD OF THYME
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
CHEESY SMASHED POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND HERB - LEMON BLOSSOMS
CRISPY AND CHEESY POTATOES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS ...
SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
RECIPE OF SPEEDY CHEESY POTATO - ARIMASUKA
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
SUPER CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES | 12 TOMATOES
EASY CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - WHITNEYBOND.COM
LOADED CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - GONNA WANT SECONDS
CHEESY BACON SMASHED POTATOES - CAFE DELITES
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
EASY AND CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE FOOD
CRISPY ROASTED SMASHED POTATOES | A DAY IN THE KITCHEN
GARLIC BUTTER SMASHED POTATOES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
OVEN-BAKED CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
THE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES
CRISPY CHEESY GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES - CREATE THE MOST …
POTATO MOZZARELLA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - CHEZ LE RêVE FRANçAIS
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES – FEED YOUR FAMILY TONIGHT
CHEESY SMASHED BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - JUST SHORT OF CRAZY
You'll also love