Wonderful Cuban recipe for one of the best meat dishes there is. I used to eat at this great mom and pop Cuban restaurant in my town and unfortunately they closed down. This was the closest I could get to their wonderful recipe !
Provided by Valerie in Florida
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mash the salt, pepper and garlic together in a mortar until well blended.
- Lightly brown this mixture in the lard/oil with the pepper and the onions until the onions become translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer for a minute.
- Add the vinegar.
- Add the meat and cook for 5-minutes.
- Add the cooking wine, olives and raisins.
- Simmer until liquid is absorbed (I usually let this simmer for around an hour or so on low, so the flavors meld together).
- Serve with rice and beans and a nice cold beer.
- Tastes even better the next day!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.6, Fat 32, SaturatedFat 10.1, Cholesterol 102.8, Sodium 1641.6, Carbohydrate 17.3, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 10.5, Protein 30.2
EASY CUBAN PICADILLO
My girlfriend gave me this delicious recipe years ago. I've made it ever since for family and friends, and they all love it. My daughter loves to take leftovers to school for lunch the next day. -Marie Wielgus, Wayne, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, olives, raisins and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until raisins are softened, 5-6 minutes., Serve with rice. If desired, top with fresh cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 683mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and bay leaves and saute until onion is soft, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes.
- Add ground beef to skillet and cook until browned. Once the meat is browned, carefully away from the flame, tilt pan and remove excess fat with a large spoon.
- Add the white wine and stir for another minute. Then add the chopped cherry tomatoes, tomato paste, pimento stuffed Spanish olives, raisins, dried oregano, cumin and cayenne pepper. Simmer over low heat for another 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm:
- As a filling for empanadas or tacos
- Over white rice with fried plantains or black beans
- With a side salad and black beans
- To make Picadillo soupier for serving over rice, add additional wine, chicken or beef stock.
Like most traditional recipes, there are numerous variations...and this is my version of a Cuban classic. For added convenience, I adapted it for the slow cooker.-Sanford Brown, Big Pine Key, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large skillet, cook onions in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or brown, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker., In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add to slow cooker. Combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic and seasonings; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until heated through., Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Stir the green pepper, olives, jalapeno and raisins into the slow cooker. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 685mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
CLASSIC CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO
Here is a classic Cuban recipe for ground beef that is typically eaten over white rice. It can also be used as a filling for tacos or empanadas. It's delicious with fried ripe plantains.
Provided by Amalloch
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic, onion, and green bell pepper in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Crumble ground beef into the skillet; cook and stir until browned completely, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir olives, raisins, capers, tomato sauce, sazon seasoning, cumin, sugar, and salt through the ground beef mixture.
- Cover the skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until the mixture is heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.7 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 74.3 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 3571.8 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
I received this wonderful recipe of beef, olives, and sweet peppers from my son's Cuban grandmother. We serve it over black beans and rice with fried plantain on the side, it's amazing!
Provided by booghierbaby
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat until crumbly and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Pour off any excess grease, then stir in the onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes before adding the red pepper, green pepper, raisins, olives, tomato paste, water, and cilantro. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes, or until the peppers have cooked to your liking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 539.3 calories, Carbohydrate 44.5 g, Cholesterol 103.4 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 32.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 1786.2 mg, Sugar 31.1 g
People also searched
More about "cuban picadillo recipes"
CONSERVAMOM - CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE: AUTHENTIC CUBAN ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion, green pepper and garlic until the onion is translucent.
HEALTHY CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE | LATINA MOM MEALS
5/5 (1)Category DinnerCuisine Cuban, Hispanic, LatinTotal Time 30 mins
- Return beef to pan and add in white wine. Cook for 2 minutes or until wine reduces before adding remaining ingredients.
CUBAN PICADILLO WITH GROUND BEEF (PICADILLO SANTIAGUERO ...
Calories 306Saturated Fat 4g 20%Cholesterol 67mg 22%Total Fat 12g 15% See details »
PICADILLO RECIPE - MY BIG FAT CUBAN FAMILY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
AUTHENTIC CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE YOU’LL LOVE - BEAN TRAIN
Cuisine CubanTotal Time 30 minsServings 8
- Set a large cast-iron skillet on the stovetop on medium heat. You can use a regular stainless steel skillet if you prefer.
- Add the ground sirloin and pork to the skillet and break up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook the meat until it’s no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and discard the drippings.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and saute the onions, pepper, and garlic for about 3-5 minutes until softened and translucent. Add the spices and cook one more minute.
CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
4.8/5 (53)Category DinnerCuisine Cuban, LatinTotal Time 35 mins
- Brown meat on high heat in large sauté pan and season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces. When meat is no longer pink, drain all juice from pan.
- Add to the meat and continue cooking on a low flame. Add alcaparrado and about 2 tbsp of the brine (the juice from the olives, this adds great flavor) cumin, bay leaf, and more salt if needed. Add tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of water and mix well. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 minutes.
CUBAN BEEF PICADILLO (ONE-PAN RECIPE!) - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
Cuisine CubanCategory Main CourseServings 6Total Time 45 mins
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and cook, crumbling it with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 to 8 minutes . Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the onion and bell pepper, sautéing until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Then, stir in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Optional: pour in the white wine and cook, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits, until evaporated.
- Stir in the paprika, cumin, oregano, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper.
CUBAN PICADILLO - A SASSY SPOON
4/5 (34)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, green pepper, and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low. Stir in tomato sauce, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add green olives and raisins. Serve and enjoy!
CUBAN PICADILLO - THE AMERICAN CUBAN TABLE
Cuisine CubanCategory Main DishServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Wash the ground beef in a colander using cold water. I do this for two reasons. When the ground beef cooks it cooks really fine so there are no big chunks and second it removes excess fat. Make sure to clean up sink area after washing to avoid creating any bacteria.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium high heat. When hot add ground beef and cook about 10 to 15 minutes. When all the ground beef is cooked through and is no longer pink drain in a clean colander. Heat sauté pan again with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium high heat and return ground beef to pan. Season beef with salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Next, add diced onions and bell peppers and cook with the ground beef until tender about 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Just to clarify I measure the garlic cloves before smashing. Deglaze the pan with the vino seco.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, salt, garlic powder, cumin and olives with some of the juice. If you decide to add raisins and or capers add them now. Last add the cilantro and let simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes so all of the flavors incorporate with each other. Serve over a bed of white rice.
CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE - DAISIES & PIE
4.5/5 (2)Category DinnerCuisine CubanTotal Time 1 hr 45 mins
- Add the olive oil, minced beef, onions and garlic to a large oven proof skillet style pan with a lid. Sauté the mince and onions until the mince starts to brown
- Then add the stock pot, ground cumin and dried oregano and stir it into the browned minced beef and onions.
INSTANT POT CUBAN PICADILLO • RECIPES • SUPER SIMPLE SALTY ...
Reviews 2Category Dinner, Main CourseServings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Brown the ground beef using the sauté function in the Instant Pot. Salt and pepper the beef while it cooks.
- Add in can of tomato sauce plus half a can filled with water. Add in fresh cilantro, olives and olive juice. Stir and seal lid.
CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
5/5 (1)Category Dinner RecipesCuisine CubanTotal Time 40 mins
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large skillet over high heat and brown ground beef. (If using fattier ground beef, omit the oil.) Add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Sautee for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add tomato sauce, wine, bay leaves, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the picadillo is simmering, in a small pot heat ½ c oil over medium-high heat. Fry the potatoes in 2 batches until golden (5 to 7 minutes). Remove the fried potatoes from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.*
BEST CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE (WEEKNIGHT MEAL) - A COZY KITCHEN
5/5 (17)Category DinnerCuisine CubanTotal Time 35 mins
- In a large sauté pan, set over medium heat, add the oil. When hot, add the diced russet potato and cook until crispy on both sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the pan and transfer to a sheet of paper towels or on top of a clean kitchen towel to drain.
- In the same large sauté pan, add more oil, if needed. Add the onion, red bell pepper and garlic; cook until softened about 5 minutes. Add the meat and break up with a large spoon until it’s into crumbled ground beef. Add the salt and spices and give it a mix. Next, add the tomato paste, broth and golden raisins. Mix until all combined. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, we really want the flavors to combine and marry.
- Lastly, mix in the red wine vinegar, crispy potatoes and diced boiled egg. Give it a taste and adjust the salt according to your liking. Serve alongside rice and tostones or maduros.
HOW TO MAKE CUBAN PICADILLO | THE SCHMIDTY WIFE
5/5 (1)Category EntreesCuisine CubanTotal Time 40 mins
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering and hot add diced onions and green peppers. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until onions become translucent.
- Add the beef, pork, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, and garlic to the pot. Cook crumbling the meat and stirring occasionally 8 to 10 minutes until only a little pink is left in the meats.
- Add diced tomatoes, wine, water/broth, and bay leaves to the pot. Bring to simmer, cook 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
CUBAN BEEF PICADILLO RECIPE + VIDEO - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
5/5 (6)Category Dinner, Main, Main CourseServings 6Total Time 35 mins
- Set a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the oil, chopped onions, garlic, serrano peppers, and cilantro. Saute for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Add in the ground beef, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and salt. Brown the beef, breaking it into small pieces with a wooden spoon, 5-8 minutes.
- Once the meat is cooked, add in the tomato sauce, vinegar, olives, and raisins. Simmer and stir another 5-7 minutes, until the sauce tightens around the meat.
CUBAN BEEF PICADILLO - KEVIN IS COOKING
5/5 (9)Category MainCuisine CubanTotal Time 57 mins
- Over medium high, heat the oil in a dutch oven or large stock pot and add the ground beef, kosher salt, chili powder and cumin. Cook until no longer pink, about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in onion, garlic and tomato paste. Cook for several minutes. Stir in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes covered.
- Add diced carrot, potatoes, olives, capers and raisins. Stir and continue cooking for another 20 minutes covered. Stir occasionally and add some water if it gets too thick and does not scorch bottom of pot.
CUBAN-STYLE PICADILLO (STEWED GROUND BEEF) | DELISH D'LITES
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Heat a saute pan on medium heat. Add the oil, veggies and the sofrito. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until the veggies soften
- Season the cooked ground beef with the adobo, sazon, tomato sauce, cumin and oregano. Stir the mixture together to distribute the spices.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, the raisins and the olives, then lower the heat to simmer, let the mixture stew together, uncovered. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the fresh cilantro. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes. The picadillo should be saucy, but not soupy. If there's too much liquid, cook until it's to your desired consistency.
CUBAN PICADILLO DISH & IT'S CLASSIC RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
Servings 6Total Time 30 minsCategory Condiments, Meat Sauces See details »
PICADILLO A LA HABANERA-CUBAN STYLE HASH RECIPE - FLIPBOARD
See details »
CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
See details »
AUTHENTIC CUBAN PICADILLO RECIPE - MASHED.COM
See details »
weeknight time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american main-dish beef caribbean central-american dietary spicy one-dish-meal ground-beef meat brunch taste-mood 4-hours-or-less
You'll also love