This is my favourite recipe for curried scallops. It is creamy and rich, with a nice tangy flavour to the sauce. This is the mixture I use for my curried scallop pies, or you can just serve it over rice.
Provided by Sara 76
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter, add onion and cook gently until softened.
- Add flour and curry powder, mix well.
- Gradually add milk and mayonnaise, stirring continuously.
- Cook until sauce starts to thicken, then add scallops.
- Leave on heat until scallops are just cooked - Don't over cook them!
- Remove from heat, add egg and lemon juice.
- Stir well, and serve hot over rice, or leave to cool and make into pies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276, Fat 11.7, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 120, Sodium 339, Carbohydrate 14.7, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.4, Protein 27.1
- Heat the stock in a medium saucepan over medium heat; lower the heat so the stock stays warm without simmering.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the rice, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is coated and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring constantly, until completely absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup hot stock into the risotto and cook, stirring, until absorbed. Continue to add the stock in additions of about 1/4 cup, gradually working up to 1/2-cup additions, stirring until absorbed before adding more. Continue adding broth and stirring until the rice is tender and creamy, about 18 minutes. (You may have leftover stock, or may need to add a little water if you run out; this will depend on your rice.)
- While the rice cooks, trim the woody end of the asparagus off and cut the stalks into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the asparagus, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the Parmesan, lemon juice and lemon zest, stirring until the risotto is creamy. Add a splash of water to loosen, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook, undisturbed, until browned and crisp on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the scallops and continue to cook until just cooked through, about 1 more minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Divide the risotto between bowls and top with the scallops; sprinkle with chives and more Parmesan.
ITALIAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOP RISOTTO
The secret to making a good seafood risotto is to use a high-quality fish stock and of course the freshest seafood you can find. Cook the shellfish and rice separately, as the rice needs more time. If you cook them together, the shellfish will overcook and get chewy.
Provided by tea
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over a medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until starting to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Stir in scallops and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook over high heat until shrimp are pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup white wine into the skillet and let the alcohol evaporate. Scrape the bottom of the skillet to deglaze; cook until the liquid is reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice, and sprinkle with 1/2 of the parsley. Discard garlic. Cover the skillet to keep shellfish warm.
- Pour fish stock into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and shallot. Cook until shallot is soft and translucent, but not brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase heat and add rice; cook until rice has absorbed the oil and butter and has a nutty aroma, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure not to burn the shallot and reduce heat if skillet gets too hot.
- Pour 1/2 cup white wine into the skillet and stir until alcohol has evaporated. Add 1 ladleful of fish stock, stir, and cook until rice has absorbed the stock. Add another ladleful and repeat the process until the rice is tender, 15 to 18 minutes in total.
- Add shellfish with their juices to the risotto pan 3 minutes before the end of cooking. Stir and finish cooking all together, adding stock if needed. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining parsley and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Let risotto stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 702.8 calories, Carbohydrate 75.2 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Fat 25.4 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 1059.1 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
CURRIED BAY SCALLOPS RISOTTO
- Heat the oil or butter in a heavy three-quart saucepan, preferably nonstick. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fennel seeds and cook until the seeds start to pop. Stir in the turmeric, onion and ginger and saute over medium heat until the onion is soft. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring, about three minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, then gradually add the hot fish stock or water, about half a cup at a time, stirring constantly and adding more liquid as the rice absorbs it. After 15 minutes the rice should be almost tender and all, or nearly all, the liquid should be used.
- Stir in the lemon juice and scallops. Cover and cook about two minutes, then uncover and stir a few seconds longer, until the scallops are just cooked through. You will see them start cracking around the edges.
- Season the risotto with salt and pepper to taste, fold in the coriander and serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 399, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 59 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 1127 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "curried bay scallops risotto recipes"
BAY SCALLOP RISOTTO | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
Total Time 45 mins
- In a saucepan, heat the chicken broth until barely simmering; cover to keep hot. In another saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and prosciutto and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, 5 minutes. Add the rice and lightly toast 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, add the wine and saffron and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups of the heated chicken broth and cook, stirring, until the liquid is almost absorbed, 5 minutes. Add another 1 1/2 cups broth and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is almost absorbed. Repeat with another 1 1/2 cups broth. Working with 1/4 cup at a time and stirring to let it absorb, continue adding the remaining broth until the risotto is tender and creamy.
- Stir in the scallops and cook until opaque, about 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley, cheese and butter.
10 BEST CURRIED SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE
BAY SCALLOP RISOTTO WITH PROSCIUTTO - STREETSMART KITCHEN
SCALLOP RISOTTO | TASTE OF NOVA SCOTIA
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER RISOTTO
THAI BAY SCALLOP CURRY - MEATIFIED
BEST RECIPES THAT START WITH FROZEN BAY SCALLOPS
SCALLOPS RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
CURRIED BAY SCALLOPS RISOTTO - PLAIN.RECIPES
SCALLOPS OVER WILTED SPINACH PARMESAN RISOTTO - SKINNYTASTE
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP RISOTTO - KATIE'S CUCINA
SHRIMP AND BAY-SCALLOP RISOTTO WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE
SCALLOP THAI CURRY | WEST COAST WILD SCALLOPS
TOP 43 RECIPE CURRIED SCALLOPS - RECIPESLIST.NET
SEARED CURRY SCALLOPS – SHE KEEPS A LOVELY HOME
BAY SCALLOP RISOTTO RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CURRY RISOTTO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAY SCALLOPS AND RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BAY SCALLOP RISOTTO – BON APPETIT BABY!
SCALLOP RISOTTO WITH SPRING VEGETABLES - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
10 BEST BAY SCALLOPS WITH RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CURRIED BAY SCALLOPS RISOTTO FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CURRY BROWN BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PARMESAN RISOTTO - DISHES WITH DAD
BAY SCALLOPS RECIPES - NYT COOKING
BROILED SEA SCALLOP AND TRUFFLED RISOTTO WITH CITRUS GREMOLATA …
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CURRIED BAY SCALLOPS RISOTTO - DINING AND COOKING
SEARED SCALLOPS AND FENNEL RISOTTO - MIND IN THE BUTTER
SCALLOP RISOTTO – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
SCALLOP RISOTTO - HILL STREET GROCER
BAY SCALLOPS RISOTTO — SMALL WORLD SEAFOOD
THAI CURRY WITH SCALLOPS | COUPLE IN THE KITCHEN
SEA SCALLOP RISOTTO - CLEARWATER
CREAMY SCALLOP AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SEAFOOD RISOTTO WITH CRAB AND SCALLOPS - FOOD NETWORK
CREAMY CHORIZO RISOTTO WITH SEARED SCALLOPS (OR PRAWNS)
SCALLOP RISOTTO - CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS
SCALLOPS OVER BACON AND CORN RISOTTO - SWEET SAVORY AND STEPH
SCALLOP RISOTTO RECIPE | SEAFOOD RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
SCALLOP RISOTTO RECIPE - TELEGRAPH
RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS, PANCETTA & SPINACH - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
You'll also love