15-MINUTE INDIAN CURRY WITH CHICKEN AND PEAS
This one-pan dinner comes together faster than it would take for Indian take-out to get to your door. Chicken tenders need only a few minutes to cook in a flavorful sauce spiced with garam masala and curry powder. We serve it with store-bought naan, but it would be just as delicious served over fragrant basmati rice.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. While the pan heats up, finely chop the onion, about 1 heaping cup. Add the canola oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the onion and a large pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, finely grate the garlic into the tomato paste and add to the onions along with the curry powder, garam masala and 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a strong simmer. Cut the chicken tenders in half crosswise, sprinkle liberally with salt and stir into the sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and stir in the peas and 1/4 cup yogurt. Cook until the peas are just warmed through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with additional salt if needed. Divide among 4 bowls. Top each with the remaining yogurt and serve with warm naan bread.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and the paprika; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the apple and onion to the melted butter, season with the curry powder, and cook and stir until the apple and onion are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir the mushroom soup and half-and-half into the mixture until completely combined; spoon over the chicken pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 75 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389 calories, Carbohydrate 13.1 g, Cholesterol 133.6 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 39.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 470.5 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED PEARS
Tender chicken gets an upscale treatment in this simple entree with sweetened pears. Remember this idea-it also works with pork loin chops and thinly sliced apples. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in vinaigrette and thyme., Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567 calories, Fat 20g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 117mg cholesterol, Sodium 1330mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 39g protein.
CREAMY CURRIED CHICKEN
- Pour flour into a wide, shallow bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in flour to coat completely.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in hot oil until softened, 6 to 7 minutes; season with curry powder, salt, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, black pepper, and coriander. Continue cooking until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir flour-coated chicken pieces into the onion mixture; cook and stir until the chicken is browned on the outside, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the sauce begins to thicken, about 8 minutes. Stir yogurt into the liquid until smooth; cook until the sauce is again hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.1 calories, Carbohydrate 9.6 g, Cholesterol 59.5 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 723.1 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS
From RealSimple Magazine. Chicken can be substituted for 2 pork tenderloins, halved (1 1/2 to 2 pounds), or 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet (4 pieces).
Provided by CarrieQuiteContrary
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat or fish in a single layer. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until browned; transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the pears and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes; remove from the skillet.
- Add the onion and the remaining oil to the skillet and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and flour. Add the broth and ketchup and heat to boiling.
- Return the meat or fish and pears to the pan and coat with the sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes for the chicken, 25 to 30 minutes for the pork, or 10 minutes for the salmon. Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide among 4 plates.
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEACHES
I'm always looking for recipes I can prepare ahead of time. The chicken chunks bask for hours in snappy spices and seasonings, giving this recipe a lot of pizzazz...and the peaches round out the amazing flavors. -Heidi Martinez Colorado Springs, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set peaches aside. In a small bowl, combine broth, butter, onion, curry, garlic, ginger and reserved juice; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender., Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Add raisins. Cook, covered, on high 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peaches and heat through. Serve with chicken. If desired, sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423 calories, Fat 15g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 125mg cholesterol, Sodium 360mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 39g protein.
- Drain pear halves and reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid.
- Place pear halves in shallow, 1 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, glass baking dish.
- In a small, heat-resistant, glass bowl, melt butter or margarine in microwave oven 30 seconds. Stir in reserved pear liquid, brown sugar and curry powder to taste.
- Spread curry mixture over pears and heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm with dollops of sour cream or plain yogurt, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.3, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 9.7, Cholesterol 40.6, Sodium 22.4, Carbohydrate 67.7, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 60, Protein 1
CURRIED CHICKEN AND PEACHES
Curry flavored rice topped with chicken, peach preserves and veggies give you scrumptious skillet dinner for four.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- While rice is cooking, cut chicken into 3/4-inch pieces. Mix flour, curry powder and salt in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes or until brown.
- Stir in bell pepper and juice. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in preserves until melted. Stir in peach. Divide rice among bowls. Top with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395, Carbohydrate 63 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 370 mg
ROASTED CHICKEN AND PEARS
The chicken, fruit, and vegetables all roast together in the oven, and they come out golden and caramelized, just the kind of crowd-pleasing dish you'll want for your next dinner party.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet (or two small ones), toss parsnip, turnip, and onions with vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/2 teaspoon thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme; season with salt and pepper. Carefully slide fingers under chicken skin to loosen; spread parsley mixture under and on top of skin. Push vegetables to edges of baking sheet; place chicken pieces in center, and roast 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine honey and remaining tablespoon oil. Remove baking sheet from oven; add pears, and toss with vegetables to combine. Brush top of chicken pieces with honey mixture; roast 30 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh (avoiding bone) registers 175 degrees. Serve immediately.
More about "curried chicken with pears recipes"
CURRIED PEAR CHICKEN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory Healthy Recipes With CurryCalories 246 per serving
- Season chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add pears, shallots and curry powder. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to pan; reduce heat to low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Stir coconut milk, cilantro and mint into the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon over chicken.
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 384 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
PEAR CHICKEN CURRY - USA PEARS
Cuisine AsianCategory CurryServings 6Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ACE FIT | CURRIED PEAR CHICKEN
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH PEARS - THE TABLE BY HARRY & DAVID
CREAMY CHICKEN AND PEAR CURRY – ANDY FLANNAGAN
CHICKEN RECIPE WITH PEARS AND GINGER FROM RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE ...
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS RECIPE | RECIPE | PEAR RECIPES, MASHED …
CHICKEN WITH PEARS - BUTTER & BAGGAGE
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS - PENCILS AND POPCANS
CHICKEN CURRY WITH USA PEARS
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS RECIPE
CURRIED-PEAR CHICKEN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CURRIED PEARS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CURRIED POACHED PEARS WITH COCONUT-CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
RECIPES CURRIED CHICKEN WITH FRUITS | SOSCUISINE
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS RECIPE | RECIPE | PEAR RECIPES, QUICK …
CURRIED PEARS | CANADIAN LIVING
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS RECIPE | RECIPE | CURRY, CURRY CHICKEN, …
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEAS RECIPE | DINNER IN 30 MINUTES
GINGER PEAR CHICKEN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
MAPLE CHICKEN WITH PEARS | MINA
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS | GET THE RECIPE FOR CURRIED CHICKEN …
CURRIED POACHED PEARS WITH COCONUT-CHICKEN SALAD - GLUTEN FREE …
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH PEARS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CURRIED CHICKEN AND CHICKPEA STEW | CHICKEN.CA
10 BEST PEAR CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #easy #chicken #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook pear and chicken curry?Peel and core 1 pear; puree and set aside. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, curry powder, garlic, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are transparent. Add chicken, and continue to sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
How do you cook chicken and pears in a skillet?Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in vinaigrette and thyme. Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil.
What is the best way to cook chicken and pear stew?Steps to Make It Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge each in flour. In a heavy skillet, combine olive oil and butter over medium heat. When foamy, add chicken. Increase heat under the pan to medium-high. Add chicken broth to the pan; bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet along with pear slices; reduce heat to medium-low.
How do you cook chicken and Apple Curry?Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and the paprika; set aside. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the apple and onion to the melted butter, season with the curry powder, and cook and stir until the apple and onion are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.