- In a deep fryer or skillet, heat oil to 365 degrees. Place the flour and bread crumbs on separate plates. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg and milk. Diagonally slice the breasts and/or thighs 1/2-inch thick. Between waxed paper, pound to 1/3-inch. Dredge chicken in the flour and shake off the excess. Dip into the egg mixture to coat, then dredge in bread crumbs. Working in small batches, fry for 3 or 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from the oil with tongs and drain well on paper towels.
BAKED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL
Growing up, chicken schnitzel was a classic. I decided to make this dish oven-friendly using less oil, and an easier cleanup. This dish tastes great with potato salad, or mashed potatoes and a nice crisp salad. Tastes great the next day cold too! It's a family-favorite! Enjoy with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Provided by Chef V
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil over foil. Place baking sheet in preheated oven.
- Flatten chicken breasts so they are all about 1/4-inch thick. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and paprika together on a large plate. Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Mix bread crumbs and lemon zest together on a separate large plate. Dredge each chicken piece in flour mixture, then egg, and then bread crumbs mixture and set aside in 1 layer on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and arrange chicken in 1 layer on the sheet. Drizzle more olive oil over each piece of coated chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip chicken and continue baking until no longer pink in the center and the breading is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.2 g, Cholesterol 127 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 33.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 809.8 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
AMAZINGLY TASTY AND CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL
- Whisk eggs, honey, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and garlic together in a bowl. Mix bread crumbs, salt, and pepper together in a shallow bowl.
- Heat 1/2 to 1 inch of vegetable oil in a heavy skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). You can also use a deep fryer.
- Put chicken slices in the egg mixture and knead until fully coated. Press chicken in the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Working in batches, carefully place chicken in the hot oil using tongs and cook until no longer pink in the center and browned on the outside, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.2 calories, Carbohydrate 25.3 g, Cholesterol 79.4 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 22.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 727.3 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
CLASSIC CHICKEN SCHNITZEL WITH SMASHED CUCUMBERS
If making chicken schnitzel sounds hard, perhaps it's because you've never tried. The technique itself is so simple, effective and addictive that you might find yourself turning to it all the time. For the crispest crust, you'll want to keep the hot oil circling the schnitzel as it cooks, creating a little space between the crust and the chicken. As for the side, giving your cucumbers and green beans a good whack with the rolling pin opens them up and creates crevices that soak up the harissa and garlic. Be generous with the squeezes of lemon at the end. They'll bring the chicken and spiced cucumbers to their fullest flavor.
Provided by Sarah Copeland
Categories dinner, weekday, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Smash cucumbers with a rolling pin on a large cutting board, to split them open. Break into bite-size pieces. Smash the green beans and toss them with the cucumbers, salt and garlic and drain in a colander for 10 minutes.
- Make the chicken: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the eggs, panko and flour in 3 separate shallow bowls. Season the flour with cayenne, and whisk. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Heat a thin layer of oil (about 1/8 inch) in your largest skillet.
- As oil heats, dip the chicken breasts, one at a time, into the flour. Shake off any excess and dip into the eggs, turning to coat evenly. Shake off the excess and dip into the bread crumbs, gently pressing the panko so it adheres. Holding the chicken gently by the ends to keep the coating intact, transfer to the lined baking sheet.
- When the oil sizzles, add the chicken, two at a time (if there's space for them to fit completely flat, without overlapping) and swirl the pan to help the oil reach the sides and top of the chicken. When the bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes, flip the chicken and swirl the pan again, cooking until both sides are golden brown, about 3 minutes more. When the chicken is golden brown and just cooked through, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked.
- Toss the cucumbers, green beans and garlic with the harissa. Serve alongside the hot schnitzel with a lemon half for squeezing all over.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 866, UnsaturatedFat 50 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 68 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 605 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL RECIPE BY TASTY
Crispy chicken for everyone! Our version of schnitzel is pan-fried to golden brown perfection and finished with a squeeze of lemon and shower of parsley for brightness. Serve alongside your favorite side dishes, sliced atop a salad, or between bread for a crispy chicken sandwich.
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- On a cutting board, slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally, creating 2 thin pieces. Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a large zip-top bag. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to ¼-inch-thick. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and blot dry with a paper towel. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Add the panko to a third shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then, dip in the eggs, letting any excess drip off. Finally, coat in the panko, making sure all sides are covered. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Serve the chicken schnitzel with lemon wedges and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563 calories, Carbohydrate 46 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 37 grams, Sugar 1 gram
Quick and very tasty dish, suitable to cook in the afternoon and serve reheated in the evening for visitors. Tinfoil is necessary to avoid drying out.
Provided by Joan Gowland
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Beat the egg.
- Mix into dry ingredients.
- Divide mixture among the schnitzels and roll up.
- Put in baking or roasting dish and pour over a can of your favourite Supermarket Curry Sauce.
- Cover with tinfoil.
- Cook in medium heat over for just over an hour or until cooked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.5, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 52.9, Sodium 170.5, Carbohydrate 20.5, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 10.1, Protein 4.9
More about "curry crumbed chicken schnitzels recipes"
CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
4.9/5 (33)Total Time 13 minsCategory DinnerCalories 322 per serving
- Put the chicken (one piece at a time) in a large ziptop bag and seal. Using a mullet or the back of a heavy cast iron skillet, pound the chicken. The chicken pieces should be large and quite thin (about 1/8-inch in thickness or so) by the time you’re done pounding.
- Season the chicken with kosher salt and black pepper on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika and oregano then sprinkle the mixture on both sides of the chicken.
- Preparing a dredging station. Put the flour in one bowl. Beat the eggs in another bowl and place it next to the flour. And put the panko in a third bowl next to the eggs.
- Take one piece of chicken, and place it in the flour bowl. Coat the chicken on both sides with the flour and shake off excess. Then dip the chicken in the egg bowl. Finally coat the chicken with the panko bread crumbs on both sides. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS | EAT, LITTLE BIRD
5/5 (7)Category DinnerCuisine SwissTotal Time 30 mins
- Prepare the chicken fillets by first removing the tenderloin, if it is still attached. Save the tenderloins for another recipe, or you can also crumb and cook them as per the recipe below but reduce the cooking time accordingly.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. I prefer to cook the chicken in batches, so I generally use a pan which can comfortably fit two pieces of chicken at a time.
BEST CHICKEN SCHNITZEL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN …
CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - JAMIE GELLER
SCHNITZELS AND CRUMBED RECIPES | GOURMET TRAVELLER
HERB CRUMBED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - STRAYED FROM THE …
JUICY HOMEMADE CHICKEN SCHNITZELS - THE EFFORTLESS …
CRUMB DE LA CRUMB: NEW TAKES ON CHICKEN KIEV, KATSU …
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - FOOD TO LOVE
CRISP AND CRUNCHY. PARMESAN, PARSLEY AND LEMON …
CHICKEN CUTLET (JAPANESE CHICKEN SCHNITZEL)
CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CURRY PORK SCHNITZEL RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT CRUMBED CHICKEN COATING - 9KITCHEN
GOLDEN CRUMBED CHICKEN SCHNITZELS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
DUKKAH-CRUMBED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL RECIPE
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - CULINARY HILL
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL WITH CRISPY SALAD | FOOD TO LOVE
THE PERFECT CRUMBED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL | MINDFOOD
CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL WITH CURRY SAUCE - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
HOW TO MAKE A CHICKEN SCHNITZEL / CRUMBED CHICKEN
CRISPY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
CHICKPEA VEGAN "CHICKEN" SCHNITZELS - VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE
CRISPY CRUMBED BEEF SCHNITZELS - FOODLE CLUB
DUKKAH CRUMBED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL | DONNA HAY
THE BEST CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - SO MUCH FOOD
CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL RECIPE - MAMA LOVES TO COOK
DUKKAH CRUMBED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL | DONNA HAY
AIR FRYER CRUMBED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL | RECIPE - PINTEREST
CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - ONE POT MEALS
CHICKEN SCHNITZELS RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
CHICKEN KATSU CURRY WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS - EAT, LITTLE BIRD
CHICKEN SCHNITZELS, CHIPS AND SALAD - MUMSLOUNGE
CURRIED CHICKEN SCHNITZEL BAKE RECIPE - TELEGRAPH
GARLIC, HERB AND PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN SCHNITZELS
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL WITH CURRY COCONUT SAUCE #TKEVERYDAY
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL - SPICE MOUNTAIN
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOW TO MAKE CRUMBED BEEF SCHNITZELS WITH CURTIS STONE - YOUTUBE
BEST COOKING BREADCRUMB RECIPES: CURRY CRUMBED CHICKEN …
You'll also love